Velammal Institute of Technology (VIT CHENNAI) Chennai
Velammal Institute of Technology is situated in Chennai in Tamil Nadu state of India. Established in 2008, it is accredited from AICTE, NAAC and it is affiliated to Anna University. VIT CHENNAI, Chennai offers 10 courses across 3 streams namely Engineering, Sciences, Vocational and across 1 degrees like B.Tech. VIT CHENNAI campus is spread over 10 Acres. Hostel facility is not available for its students. Additional campus facilities such as A/C, AV Lab, Boys Hostel, Canteen, Comp. Lab, Counselling, Fest, Girls Hostel, Mess, Lib are also there.
- AV Lab
- Boys Hostel
- Comp. Lab
- Girls Hostel
- Medical Fac.
- Cls. Room
- Conference Room
- Power Backup
The Department interacts with reputed organizations all over the country and arranges campus placement for final year students. It makes effort to send students for in-plant training, Internship, Summer Project, Soft Skills training, Guest lectures and Industrial visits to develop their technical ability and gain practical knowledge. Technical symposiums and club activities are held regularly ...
Awards and Rankings
- M.R. Surya Narayanan, A.Anbu of II CSE has Won “FIRST PRIZE” for a project Named “Beat in a teeth” with a cash prize of Rs.5000/- in Intra College Project Competition “INNOVATE 2017” conducted by Velammal Institute of Technology on 14th February 2017.
- M. Mohamed Ismail, Athithyan.A, S.Mohammad Shaid Afridi of III CSE has won “THIRD PRIZE” for a project named “Next Generation E-Book Reader” with a cash prize of Rs.2000/- in Intra College Project Competition “INNOVATE 2017” conducted by Velammal Institute of Technology on 14th February 2017.
- AthithyanAkilan of III CSE won the NASSCOM TECHNOLOGY EXPLORE (NTE)First Runner-up award and won Rs.2,00,000/- Conducted by NASSCOM TECHNGAGE ON 11.06.2016 at Chennai.
- Ms.MeghanaChandrashekar& Ms.Preetha, III –CSE won the "Dr.Kalam Young Achiever Award 2016" at Anna University, Chennai on 15.10.2016.
- V.Prasanth of III CSEhad won the “BEST ASDF STUDENT AWARD” from the Association of Scientists, Developers and Faculties which hosts the Global Awards each and every across the world to identify and markup them into a higher level which could be visualized into a greater standards.
- Rakesh Pfrom III Year CSEreceived “Young Investigator Award” by IRnet Cochin.
- Anusha S, Raakesh Pfrom IV Year CSE has registered a patent and got Copyrights from government of India for computer software class named “MULTICLIP”.
Contact Details of Velammal Institute of Technology, Chennai
Address:Chennai - Kolkata Highway, Panchetti, Thiruvallur District Chennai, Tamil Nadu 601 204