How to reach
Wintec is situated at Waikato Institute of Technology, City Campus, A Block Gate 3 Tristram Street Hamilton 3200, New Zealand in Hamilton.
- 3 Years
- Bachelor of Technology
- NZD 6596 (Annually)
- 2 Years
- Hospitality / Aviation / Tourism
- NZD 8786 (Annually)
- 1 Years
- Information Technology - BCA / MCA / Computers
- NZD 19789 (Annually)
- 1 Years
- Management - BBA / MBA / Diploma
- NZD 17552 (Annually)
Wintec - WINTEC - WINTEC
90 years of providing the skills and knowledge to build a stronger community and thousands of careers created, Wintec is one of New Zealand's largest and leading Institutes of Technology/Polytechnics (ITPs). With six campuses strategically located throughout the region, we are a leading provider of high quality, vocational and professional education in the Waikato region. 1924 Hamilton Technical College is founded to provide technical and trades training in the Waikato region. The demand for skilled tradespeople after the Second World War leads to a surge in growth in the 1950s. 1924 First building is erected on the corner of Anglesea and Nisbet Streets (this now historic building, well-known as the face of Wintec, is currently being renovated). 1968 Becomes known as the Waikato Technical Institute - a provider of vocational training for farming, industry and commerce. The institute offers a wide range of programmes in engineering, science, accountancy, business management, secretarial, carpentry and building trades, including M?ori pre-trade apprentices. 2001 Name changes to the Waikato Institute of Technology and two years later, the modern Wintec brand is adopted. 2003 Wintec opens office in Beijing.
Why join Wintec
4 Type Courses Available
- 1 UG Courses
- 3 Diploma Courses
- The $13 million Gallagher Hub in G Block is the heart of the City Campus, houses 120 computers (PCs and Macs) and is available to all Wintec students.
- The Gallagher Hub is open to all students 24-hours a day, on any day that Wintec is open, by swiping a current student ID card.
- As well as the computer facilities the Hub includes
- A well-stocked library including seven group study rooms, reading room and the latest self-check technology
- Two stunning purpose-built, multi-use events centres, complete with acoustic roof
- A cafe, food kiosk and place to hang out
- Specific student support services, such as Te Kete K?nae, Student Learning Services, Student Job Search, and the Globe (international student lounge)
- A parenting room
- A prayer room
- The Students' Association (SAWIT)
- The Gallagher Hub is also a wireless hotspot.
Try our extensive database of FAQs or submit your own question...
Anonymous User Asked this 10 months, 1 week ago - India
Anonymous User Asked this 10 months ago - India
Arpit Asked this 10 months ago - India