AIIMS MBBS is an important exam for medical aspirants. Therefore, the following tips can be very helpful to such candidates when they are planning their strategies to prepare for the exam.
- Be through with basics in Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects that you studied in your Class 11th and 12th. AIIMS is a competitive and multiple choice exam; questions are asked from all the sections of Class 11th and Class 12 Board – Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
- In Physics and Chemistry, some calculation based questions are asked. Certainly, you need to apply mathematical techniques to solve these questions. If you are from a non-Math background at 10+2 level, revise important formulae that you must have applied in high school standard Mathematics. You should have an understanding of common terminology such as surface area, volume, etc.
- Once you are through with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology of Class 12th standard, start the actual preparation. Practice objective type questions from some good books. Normally, solutions are provided at the end of the chapter. Attempt questions one by one, using paper and pencil. Compare your responses from the responses given at the end of the chapter.
- Evaluate how many questions you marked incorrectly. Identify those topics and revise before proceeding to the next chapter or next section. Your performance will improve gradually.
- Revision is a must. While studying, prepare short notes so that you can refer to them while revising for the examination.
- Including short breaks in your preparation schedule is essential to succeed in an examination. Relax, go for a walk, take a good night's sleep or play some music to bring some freshness to your mundane routine.
- While studying, do not take your health for granted! Eat right, exercise and stay positive and avoid taking too much stress!