TISSNET-2018 Exam Pattern & Syllabus
Accepted For : M.A.
Exam Mode : Online
23 Oct, 2017
06 Jan, 2018
20 days to go
TISSNET 2018 Exam Pattern
The Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS) has set the pattern of TISNET exam. TISSNET exam pattern provide details regarding the number of sections, marking scheme, total marks and time duration. The objective test will have questions related to General Knowledge, Analytical Ability, Logical Reasoning, and English Proficiency.
TISSNET 2018 will not have negative marking for any programme including Human Resource Development (HRM). Candidates who have applied for a single programme or multiple programmes will be attempting a single question paper with 100 questions for a duration of 100 minutes, this includes candidates who have chosen HRM in combination with other programme/ programmes.
The test consists of multiple choice questions and thus even those with the basic knowledge of working with computers or cell phones can take the test.
TISSNET Exam Pattern 2018
Number of Questions
100 Minutes (1 hour 40 minutes)
Maths & Logical Reasoning
Total Number of Questions
- TISSNET question paper carries 100 objective type questions.
- Each question carries 1 mark.
- There is no negative marking.
- The exam carries a total of 100 marks.
- After the written test, the candidates will have to appear for personal interview
TISSNET 2018 Syllabus
The exam will have questions related to Analytical Ability, Logical Reasoning, General Knowledge and English Proficiency.
TISSNET 2018 syllabus components are listed below:
Logical Reasoning (LR) :
- Eye for detail
- Number Series
- Logical Connectivity
- Alphabet Series
- Linear/Circular/Family Arrangement
- Statement Conclusion/Assumption/ Arguments
- Venn Diagram
Reading Comprehension (RC):
- Assumption and Supporting Statement
- Purpose of the passage
- Author's Point of View
- Flaw and Discrepancy
- Inference and Conclusion Drawn
- Main idea of the passage
- Strengthen and Weaken
- Passage-based questions
- Basic Geometry
- Ratio and Proportion
- Profit and Loss
Verbal Ability (VA):
- Word substitute in a sentence
- Right usage of words in fill in the blank
- Right usage of word in match the following
- Fill in the Blanks – Homophones
- Odd word out
- Idioms - Fill in the blank
- Sentence Correction
- Error spotting - grammar/words/ punctuation
- Idioms - Match the following
Data Interpretation (DI):
- Bar graph
- Case lets
- Line graphs
- Pie chart
- Data comparison
- Double pie chart
- Multiple graphs
General Awareness (GA):
- International politics/ current events
- Economy/ Policy
- Environment & ecology