AIHMCT-Written Admission Test WAT-BHM (AIHMCT-Written Admission Test WAT-BHM - 2016)
How to Prepare
Make a proper Time Table
It is very important that you make a timetable and stick to it and you will have an exact idea of what you are required to study and the time required for it.
Concept clarity rather than rotes learning
It is essential that you have a clear idea of the formulas and concepts rather than rote learning of things for the papers. While you might require it for memorizing formulas it is important that for other stuff you make sure you clear your basics and concepts before moving on.
It is very important to make small notes or a comprehensive list of formulas on each covered topic and chapter which will come in handy at the time of revision. This will require you to be regular with your work but will surely make things easy at the time of revision.
It is not possible for you to know everything in your syllabus, at least not at the time of preparation. Sooner or later you will run into a concept or so which will give you trouble and then it is best you seek guidance from an instructor or a teacher. It is necessary that you clear your doubts at regular intervals and don’t prolong things for long. Getting into a good coaching class is nothing to be ashamed off and if anything a regular coaching class will enable you to avoid roadblocks in your preparation.
Even though there may be a complete change in the exam pattern or the expected questions altogether, it is important that you practice on the sample and previous years question papers. You will know the existing pattern and have a fair idea of the type of questions to expect in the paper along with the time constraint.
The paper pattern, duration of the paper and the number of questions to be attempted in the given amount of time is not something you will be able to pick up on the day of the examination. A Mock Test tests a student’s abilities as it not only provides a similar feel of real exams but also helps in building speed and confident to face the exam. Furthermore, they can improve their performance to get an extra edge in actual exams.
Time management can be learned through thorough practice and regular test taking. So it is important that you practice it and practice it well.
Most the entrance examinations will have negative marking and everyone would suggest you stay clear of questions are not sure about. But some experts are of the opinion that you answer the questions in which you are confused between an option or two because there will also be a chance of getting it right.
AIHMCT-Written Admission Test WAT-BHM 2016 Question Paper Format
Correct Question Mark
AIHMCT-Written Admission Test WAT-BHM 2016
Admission to the Bachelor's Degree in Hotel Management (BHM) degree course at the Army Institute of Hotel Management and Catering Technology, Bangalore, will be based on the merit of the candidates in the Written Admission Test (WAT-BHM). English is the medium of instruction for the BHM programme at the Institute. Admission to the BHM course shall be provisional. Final admission is subject to confirmation regarding eligibility criteria from Bangalore University. The exam is conducted in total 15 cities all over India.
AIHMCT-Written Admission Test WAT-BHM 2016 Conducting Body
The Army Institute of Hotel Management and Catering Technology (A I H M & C T ) was established in 1996 as a welfare measure under the aegis of Army Welfare Education Society (AWES), AG's Branch, Army Headquarters, as a centre for excellence in education and building national character. The Institute aims at imparting high-quality hotel management education acceptable to the international hospitality industry. The Institute is affiliated to Bangalore University, approved by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) and NAAC Accredited.
AIHMCT-Written Admission Test WAT-BHM Contact Details
|Address||Army Institute of Hotel Management & Catering Technology Nagareshwara Nagenahalli, Kothanur Post Bengaluru, Karnataka|
|Phone no||+91-080-64546807; 64543207|
|Mode||Pen & Paper|
AIHMCT-Written Admission Test WAT-BHM FAQ
1) Tell me about AIHMCT?
Army Institute of Hotel Management & Catering Technology is one of the leading Hotel Management Institutions in imparting hospitality education with vision of “Quality Education”.
The Army Institute of Hotel Management and Catering Technology (AIHMCT) was established in 1996 as a welfare measure under the aegis of Army Welfare Education Society (AWES), AG’s Branch, Army Headquarters, as a centre for excellence in education and building National character. The Institute aims at imparting high quality hotel management education acceptable to international hospitality industry. The Institute is affiliated to Bangalore University and approved by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE).
2) What is the procedure to obtain the application form of AIHMCT?
- Prospectus cum application form can be obtained by paying Rs 1000.00 which includes postal charges(non refundable) by demend draft in favor of the "Army Institute of Hotel Management and Catering Technology (A I H M & C T )",payable at Bangalore.
- The Prospectus cum application form can also be downloaded form the college website or by hand form the College/command HQs(AWES)/Army HQ(AWES)through demand draft only.
3) It is necessary to send the printed application form?
Yes, it is necessary.
4) I have made mistakes in the application form, can I correct it?
Yes, corrections can be made.
5) Should I send my application form to the exam committee?
Yes, you need to send the hard copy of your Application Form duly filled in by the candidates should be submitted to the principal ,AIHM & CT,Nagareshwara Nagenahalli,Kothanur Post,Banglore-560077.
6) Is there any provision to withdraw my application form after submission?
No, there is no such provision to cancel or withdraw application form. Also, the request for fee refund will not be entertained in any circumstances.
7) When will I get my Admit Card?
Admit card will be available for view and print in Second week of May (onwards). You will have to log onto the AIHMCT website with your registered User ID. You will be eligible for an Admit Card only upon submission of application form. You will receive an automated email confirmation upon successful submission from website .
8) What all documents the person has to carry at the time of Registration?
Please refer to the prospectus which will be available on the University website in due course.
9) What if I send an incomplete application form?
Application Form received without fee or otherwise incomplete in any respect or received after the stipulated dates for submission, may not be considered/evaluated for admission or may be summarily rejected without assigning any clarification or intimation.
10) What are the eligibility criteria for appearing in AIHMCT-Written Admission Test WAT-BHM?
- The candidate should have passed 10+ 2 examinations or its equivalent in any academic stream with English as a compulsory subject.
- Candidates can also apply provisionally, subject to the condition that they produce the proof of passing the qualifying examination at the time of admission.
- National Open Schooling Students (regular) should produce 11th std certificate from school (Admission is subject to the approval of Affiliated University).
- All provisional admissions will stand cancelled if proof of having passed the qualifying examination 10 + 2, or its equivalent is not submitted as required by due date.
11) Is there any age criteria for BHM?
Normally the students should not be more than 22 years of age as on 01 July 2017. The date of birth recorded in the matriculation or equivalent examination certificate will be considered as proof.
12) What kind of rules are to be followed for the Hospitality Management Course?
Professionalism is stressed throughout the Hospitality Management Course; therefore, students are required to wear uniforms while in the campus as well as in labs as prescribed by the Institute.
13) My class 12 result is still awaited. Can I sit for the entrance test?
Yes, if your result is awaited you can still apply for this course and sit for the entrance test. However Provisional admission will stand cancelled if proof of having passed the qualifying examination (10+2 or its equivalent) is not submitted at the time of counselling or at the time of admission or latest by 30.09.2017 .
14) Can a student from science (PCB / PCM) apply for this course?
Yes, any student who has passed his/her class 12th in any stream (humanities / commerce / science / social science, etc) is eligible to take admission in this course.
15) Are diploma holders eligible to apply for the program?
No. Diploma holders are not eligible to apply for the program.
16) For how long is the AIHMCT-Written Admission Test WAT-BHM score valid?
The AIHMCT-Written Admission Test WAT-BHM score is valid for just one year.
17) After the declaration of the cut-off, are students given admission on first come fist serve basis?
There is no first come first serve policy. Admission is given only if the students meets the cut-off.
18) What is the fee structure of the AIHMCT - BHM course?
The fee BHM for the course is Rs. 275880.00 per year .
19) What about campus placement?
A successful placewent cell coordinates with reputed international hotel chains,Airlines,Cruiselines/Retail industries. campus interviews are conducted much before the completetion of their degree programme.Placement for all students are provided with CTC packages comparable to the best available in the country. Our placement record has excellent.
20) Does the Army Institute of Hotel Management and Catering Technology provide hostel facility?
Yes, Separate hostel accommodation for boys and girls are provided.Hostel and messing expenses month wise will be borne by the Students.
21) When do I need to pay admission / tuition fee?
The first year fees is paid on the day of counselling/admission. Subsequent fees must be paid on the dates that will be notified through our website.
22) What extracurricular activities can I pursue?
We have world-class sports facilities and stadiums, and many other activities you can take part in. Take a round of our campus facilities.
23) Can I take back the original documents with me?
Your original documents will be retained by the University until the completion of your course. We will however give you an acknowledgement for your original documents.
24) Do my parents need to accompany me when I come for counselling?
No, it is not mandatory for your parents to be come with you.
25) Will I get a job once I complete my course?
AIHMCT has an excellent placement cell and a large number of our students get placed in good companies even before they have written their final semester examinations.
How to Apply
the most popular courses across India, at one place
Create a free Profile now.
the most popular exams across India, at one place