How to Prepare
AIMA UGAT BHM 2017 Question Paper Format
Tentative AIMA UGAT BHM 2017 Exam Dates
|Test Results Date||Jun 01, 2017|
AIMA UGAT BHM 2017
AIMA Under Graduate Aptitude Test (UGAT) is a standardized test being administered by All India Management Association (AIMA) annually to screen candidates for various undergraduate programs including Bachelor degree in Hotel Management( BHM). UGAT bulletin is brought out along with the UGAT form and profiles the institutes/colleges/universities accepting UGAT score for information of the candidates. It gives wide visibility of the institutes among potential candidates. The data and a score of the candidates are provided to the institutes/colleges/universities indicated by the candidates.
Institutes / colleges / universities can decide on the cut-off score for admission or for further screening based on the number of seats available.
AIMA UGAT BHM 2017 Conducting Body
All India Management Association (AIMA) is a federation of Local Management Associations (LMAs). AIMA today affiliates 61 LMAs across the country and 2 co-operating management associations i.e. Qatar Indian Management Association and Mauritius Management Association. AIMA has established close linkages with over 3000 institutions and over 30,000 individual professionals directly and through network of the Local Management Associations. AIMA’s activities include Distance management Education, management Development Programmes, National Events, Competitions, Research, Publication and Testing Service.
AIMA UGAT BHM Contact Details
|Address||AIMA-Centre For Management Education Andhra Association Building, 4th Floor, 24-25 Institutional Area, Lodhi Road, New Delhi – 110003.|
|Phone no||011- 43128100 / 011-24645100|
|Mode||Both Online and Pen & Paper|
AIMA UGAT BHM FAQ
1) What is UGAT?
Under Graduate Aptitude Test (UGAT) has been designed and administered with an objective of supporting 10+2 students for admission to Bachelor Programs i.e., Integrated MBA (IMBA), BBA, BCA, BBM, BHM, B.COM (E-Com), B.Sc. (IT), Bachelor of Foreign Trade, Bachelor of Information Technology and Management, etc. on behalf of Participating MIs.
2) When & how many times UGAT is conducted in a year? What is the minimum qualification?
UGAT is usually conducted once in a year on the Saturday following first Sunday in the month of MAY. The minimum qualification is 10+2 or equivalent from a recognized board. Those who are appearing / appeared in 10+2 can also apply.
3) What is the mode of taking UGAT?
Candidate can choose any one of the two options to take the test: Paper Based Test or Computer Based Test. For further clarification, see UGAT bulletin and AIMA website.
4) How to apply for UGAT?
Candidate can choose any one of the three modes to apply:
- Purchase the Bulletin with the Registration Form against cash payment of Rs. 500/- from listed Institutes or AIMA, New Delhi.
- Register online at official website with Credit Card or Debit Card (ATM Card) payment of Rs. 500/-. Detailed procedure is given on the website link.
- Register online at official website along with a Demand Draft of Rs. 500/- in favour of “All India Management Association” payable at New Delhi. Detailed procedure is given on the website link.
5) What is the last date of submitting filled in UGAT Registration Form?
Last date for submission is mentioned in the UGAT bulletin and AIMA website. The last date also appears in the notification released by AIMA in various national & regional newspapers.
6) Do applicant has to buy the prospectus of the MI's opted by him/her?
For applying to MI's it is suggested that the prospectus of the MI's opted should be bought.
7) Is UGAT held all over the country?
UGAT is conducted in all major cities in the country. For further clarification, see UGAT bulletin and AIMA website.
8) Do we get a separate Admit Card for appearing in UGAT?
All provisionally registered candidates can download and take the print out their Admit Card from the AIMA website seven days prior to the test date. Specific Admit Card will be generated both for the candidates opted for the Paper Based Test and for the Computer Based Test. Admit Card would be having Candidate Name, Form No, Roll No, Test Date, Test Time and Test Venue Address. Candidate has to strictly follow the date and time allotted to them in the case of Computer Based Test. No separate special card is issued. Also, activation of a test centre depends upon the minimum no of registration.
9) Is there any difference between Computer Based Test and Paper Based Test?
Computer Based Test means the candidate sits in front of a computer and the questions are presented on the computer monitor and the candidate submits the answers through the use of keyboard or mouse. Each computer is connected to a server, which prepares the question set and delivers it to the candidate on the computer. This is unlike the Paper Based Test, which is generally offered on a single day to all candidates. Computer Based Test assumes that the candidate has basic familiarity with use of computers like use of keyboard and mouse operation. It is the responsibility of the candidate to acquire these skills before appearing in the test and AIMA cannot take responsibility for the same. In traditional Paper Based Test, Candidate is supposed to bring Pen, HB-Pencils, Erasers and Sharper with him/her whereas the Question Paper & OMR Answer Sheet is provided at the Test Centre.
(NOTE – Candidate will NOT be allowed to carry any Electronic gadgets like mobiles, calculators, Bluetooth enabled devices etc. to the test centre. Violation of this Instruction may lead to cancellation of candidature besides additional legal action.)
10) What are the eligibility criteria for AIMA UGAT BHM ?
The minimum qualification is 10+2 or equivalent from a recognized board. Students appearing / appeared in 10+2 can also apply.
11) Is there any age bar to appear in UGAT?
There is no age bar to appear in UGAT.
12) What is the nature of UGAT?
It is an objective type test. The test is designed to measure a candidate's general aptitude and technical skills. Also, there will be negative marking for wrong answers.
13) What kind of rules are to be followed for the Hospitality Management Course?
Professionalism is stressed throughout the Hospitality Management Course; therefore, students are required to wear uniforms while in the campus as well as in labs as prescribed by the Institute.
14) My class 12 result is still awaited. Can I sit for the entrance test?
Yes, if your result is awaited you can still apply for this course and sit for the entrance test. However Provisional admission will stand cancelled if proof of having passed the qualifying examination (10+2 or its equivalent) is not submitted at the time of counselling or at the time of admission or latest by 30.09.2017 .
15) Is it necessary to fulfill both 10th marks and 12th marks criteria for taking admission?
Yes, marks sheet of 10th and 12th both are required.
16) What is the validity of UGAT score?
Validity of the UGAT score is for that particular session for most MI's.
17) How to get the UGAT Score Card?
The Score Card is put on the AIMA website during last week of the month of the test. Candidate can download his/her score card with his 6 digits Registration Form No and 9 digits Roll No from AIMA website. Individual copy of Score Card with photograph is also sent through normal post at the address given on the Registration Form.
18) How to obtain duplicate UGAT Score Card?
Duplicate Score Card can be obtained by following the procedure given below:-
- Application on plain paper requesting for a duplicate score card
- Photocopy of the lower half of the Admit Card which was handed over at the test centre duly signed by the invigilator.
- Self addressed envelope having :
- Size 24cms x 12cms (approx)
- Candidate's address written in capitals
- Postage stamp of Rs. 40/- affixed for sending by Speed Post.
The above documents are to be sent at the address mentioned below:-
Centre for Management Services
All India Management Association
14, Institutional Area, Lodhi Road
New Delhi-110 003.
19) How many MIs participate in UGAT? Do they keep on changing or remain the same? Is there a same admission criterion for each & every Institute?
The number of participating MI's may vary. The number of MI's keeps on changing from test to test. Admission criteria for every institute are different. For further information you may contact the MIs/Universities of your choice. The list of various MIs/Universities is available in UGAT bulletin and AIMA website along with the admission notification. It may be worthwhile to go through the website of the MIs for detailed information.
20) How the placement activities are conducted in AIMA?
AIMA is blessed with a strong industry network (3000 corporate members and 30000 professionals as individuals members). With such industry support and a strong alumni network of more than 1500 students, AIMA students are very well accepted in the corporate world.
21) Does AIMA provide placement assistance to all its students?
Students in Delhi & NCR centres are directly attached with AIMA-CME for their placement assistance. Outside Delhi candidates needs to contact their respective centres for placement support.
22) What is the process to enroll for placement activities with AIMA?
Interested students just need to send their CVs as a word attachment to email@example.com to register for placement activities with AIMA-CME. Hard copies are not entertained now.
23) What kind of job openings one can expect for fresher?
As a fresher in the first 2 modules one can expect on the job trainings (with or without stipend), or short duration jobs in their area of interest. It is after the specialization module normally that one can get a full-time job in his / her functional area. For the complete detail, please feel free to contact the placement cell at firstname.lastname@example.org.
24) Which all Institutes will be granting admission on the basis of UGAT entrance examination score?
The number of participating Member Institutes may vary. The numbers of management institutes accepting UGAT score keeps on changing from test to test.
25) Are the courses BHM offered by AIMA-CME recognized?
Yes, AIMA BHM are recognized by AICTE, Ministry of HRD, and Govt. of India.