Aligarh Muslim University Competitive Entrance Exam for Management (AMU MBA - 2017)
How to Prepare
- It is very important that you make a timetable and stick to it and you will have an exact idea of what you are required to study and the time required for it.
- It is essential that you have a clear idea of the formulas and concepts rather than rote learning of things for the papers. While you might require it for memorizing formulas it is important that for other stuff you make sure you clear your basis and concepts before moving on.
- It is very important to make small notes or a comprehensive list of formulas on each covered topic and chapter which will come in handy at the time of revision. This will require you to be regular with your work but will surely make things easy at the time of revision.
- Candidates need to attempt each question in less than 80 seconds. Selection of questions is crucial here.
- Aspirants should focus on core topics and theory. The chief strategy should be to attempt familiar questions and leave non-familiar/non-comfortable questions. Candidates should be able to decide this within 10 seconds.
- Speed will be also very critical. Apart from learning to select a question, candidates should also to reject a question in less than 10 seconds.
- Expect some calculation-heavy problems. These questions are meant to be left alone. Give it a try only if are not very close.
- So focus on the basic quant syllabus. For Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation, revise the Class 5-10 NCERT school books. Since fast calculations can save time, practice with tables, squares, cubes and decimal-fraction conversions.
- Logical reasoning is comparatively more important than Quant and Data Interpretation in management entrance examination as many an exam has reasoning questions with double weight age. Questions in LR range from Numerical reasoning, Decision Making to Verbal Logic. Logical Reasoning can be practiced using puzzle books and other books on reasoning. You can also profit from working with books such as R S Aggarwal’s book on Reasoning available easily.
- Language skills section usually consists of grammar, reading comprehension. So focus on basic grammar rules that you learned during your school days. Candidates need to focus on an overall strategy while preparing for verbal sections because most competitive exams have a similar syllabus.
- However, it would be advisable for a student to work on his/her speed mathematics as some of the questions under Data Interpretation tend to be calculation intensive
AMU MBA 2017 Question Paper Format
Correct Question Mark
AMU MBA 2017 News and Updates
Aligarh Muslim University (AMU) conducts the Admission Test Aligarh Muslim University (AMU) Competitive Entrance Exam for(Master of Business Adminisration) MBA programme. Here is the detailed information about the selection procedure and counselling process. Selection Procedure: - The selection ...Read more
AMU MBA 2017
Aligarh Muslim University (AMU) is one of the oldest premier Central Universities of India with a unique and rich culture of its own. Aligarh Muslim University (AMU) Competitive Entrance Exam is conducted every year by Aligarh Muslim University (AMU). The Examination is conducted offline and admission Shall be on the Basis Of Academic Merit and Aligarh Muslim University MBA Entrance Exam. At present Aligarh Muslim University (AMU) is offering full time post graduate courses viz.
- Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.),
- Master of International Business Management (M.B.A (IB),
- Post Graduate Diploma in Islamic Banking & Finance.
AMU MBA 2017 Conducting Body
Aligarh Muslim University is a public central university. It was originally established by Sir Syed Ahmad Khan as Mohammedan Anglo-Oriental College in 1875. The Mohammedan Anglo-Oriental College became Aligarh Muslim University in 1920 Aligarh Muslim University is one of the first purely residential educational institutions of India. The college was originally affiliated to the University of Calcutta and subsequently got affiliated to the University of Allahabad in 1885. The university also conducts Aligarh Muslim University Engineering Entrance Exam (AMUEEE) for getting admission in undergraduate engineering and architecture courses.
AMU MBA Contact Details
|Address||Office of the Controller of Examinations Administrative Block, AMU Aligarh - 202002 (UP) - INDIA|
|Mode||Pen & Paper|
AMU MBA FAQ
1) Tell me about AMU University?
Aligarh Muslim University MBA entrance exam commonly known as Combined Admission Test is conducted for admission to the MBA/MBA (IB)courses offered by the university. Aligarh Muslim University’s management courses are highly reputed across the country. AMU provides the students with the best of faculty, infrastructure and placement opportunities therefore a large number of students appear for AMU CAT every year throughout the country.
2) What is the medium of instruction?
3) What are the eligibility requirements for admission?
A Bachelor’s degree with minimum aggregate of 50%.
4) Where do I purchase the Application Voucher (AMU Bulletin)?
- Download Application Form from offical site.
- Take the Printout of the PDF Generated Application Form on A-4 Size paper (applying ONLINE).
- Download the appropriate Application Form from the website meant for the course for which the candidate wishes to apply and get it printed on A-4 size paper. Fill up the Application Form by following the instructions given above in CAPITAL letters using black ball point pen (applying OFFLINE).
5) What are the modes of fee submission for the exam?
Payment of Course Fee: : Rs 500/- .There are following 3 modes of payment of course Fee:
1.Bank Demand Draft
Bank Demand Draft :
Bank Draft should be drawn in favor of ‘Finance Officer, AMU, payable at Aligarh’.
Bank Challan :
- Bank Challan facilities are available through ICICI and Canara bank.
- Candidates are requested to choose ‘ICICI & Canara Bank’ from bank drop down list and enter the Challan No. in DD No. column, in case they are paying through bank Challan.
- Physically Challenged / Blind candidates need not deposit any Application Fee and may write ’0000′ in DD column.
Online Payment :
- Online payment can be done either by Net Banking, Credit Card / Debit Card.
- Candidates who use Online mode for payment and do not get link for downloading the PDF copy of the duly filled in Form, are requested to wait for its renewal which generally takes about 30 minutes.
- If it is not available even after 24-48 hrs they may contact the Admission Section, via helpdesk numbers or in person and tell their name, father name, course applied for and date of payment. If their payments are successful, the details for downloading the PDF copy of the form shall be emailed to them on the email IDs provided in the Application Form. However, candidates are requested not to take risk on the last dates and use offline mode ( DD / Challan ).
Note : Applicants of Test Courses are requested to send the printout of the duly filled in Application Form along with the relevant documents to the Deputy / Asstt. Controller, Admission Section, AMU, Aligarh only on or before the last date of submission of the Application Form.
6) What is the minimum marks should I get both in the 12th board examination and in entrance exam to avail a seat in AMU?
The candidate should have obtained a minimum of aggregate 50% marks in Senior secondary exam. He/she should have a required rank in the entrance test.
7) In Which Month Conducts Aligarh Muslim University MBA Entrance Exam?
Generally this Exam conducts in the Last week of May every year.
8) What is the mode of conduction of AMU MBA Entrance Exam ?
Offline or Pen & Paper based exam.
9) Are there any reservation of seats?
Yes. There will be 50% reservation of seats for the Muslim Candidates. Rest seats in AMU will be open for allotment to every candidate. No other reservation for admission in various courses in AMU exists for any category.
10) What is the address to send the form and DD in case of DD mode of fee remission?
The forms and DD (only in the DD mode of fee remission) are to be sent at the following address:Asstt. Controller, Admission Section,
Aligarh Muslim University,
Telephone No. : 91 – 571 – 2700935, 2700920 – Extn. ( 1161 ),
11) When is the last date to submit the application?
The last date to submit the application form is last week of February.
12) When will I get my Admit Card?
Admit card will be available for view and print in third week of May (onwards). You will have to log onto the Amu website with your registered User ID. You will be eligible for an Admit Card only upon submission of online application form. You will receive an automated email confirmation upon successful submission from website .
13) I’m pursuing my Bachelor’s degree or any Professional degree like CA/CS/ICWA etc, am I eligible to appear for AMU MBA Entrance Exam?
Yes, You are eligible to appear for AMU MBA Entrance Exam.
Note:-you have a Bachelor’s degree with minimum aggregate of 50%.
14) What kind of questions there will be in AMU MBA Entrance Exam?
There will be 200 objective type questions in the exam.
15) I have secured an eligible rank in the AMU MBA entrance examination. My aggregate percentage is 49% in qualifying examination. Can I attend counselling?
No. For admission to MBA, the eligibility is "minimum aggregate of 50% in the qualifying examination".
16) What will be the exam structure of AMU MBA Entrance Exam?
- There shall be a Combined Admission Test for admission to MBA, MBA (IB) and P.G. Diploma in Islamic Banking & Finance. Candidates applying for MBA can also apply for admission to MBA (IB) and P.G. Diploma in Islamic Banking & Finance on the same Application Form without paying any additional Admission Test Fee.
- However, they should clearly indicate their choices, in order of preference, in the Application Form.
- There shall be one objective type paper of 200 marks comprising 200 questions on :-
2.Quantitative and Numerical Ability
3.Comprehension and Verbal Ability
4.Reasoning and Intelligence
5.Data Analysis and Interpretation.
Total Duration:- 3 Hours
17) I am a General class candidate and got less than 40% (in the range of 30-40%) in my graduation and 45% (in the range of 40-50%) in post-graduation. Am I eligible for AMU MBA entrance exams?
No,you are not allowed.
18) When are AMU MBA Entrance Exam Results Out?
10 working days after the test.
19) What is maximum Age Eligibility Criteria ?
Yes,Maximum Age Limit 27 years.
20) Will there be any negative marking?
Yes, 1 mark will be deducted for each wrong answer.
21) Is there a possibility of rank prediction, cutoff marks?
There is no way for rank prediction unless the university declares the final cut off along with the ranks/marks. Every year, according to the marks scored by candidates, the cutoff varies and thus it is very difficult to predict.
22) What are the Courses/specializations offered at AMU ?
AMU offers following Major Courses/ Specializations*:
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- PG Diploma in Islamic Banking and Finance
- PG Diploma in Marketing Management
- Master of Business Administration (International Business)
- PG Diploma in Personnel Management
23) What should be the duration of study needed to get surely selected. Is self preparation enough or does one need extra classes, to clear the exam?
It is a common sight of many students joining coaching centers. More than the time spent in preparing, one has to put in quality effort to get sure shot success. At the same time, self preparation is much sufficient but that doesn't mean going to the extra classes is wrong. It is always good to attend coaching classes where the students are provided with materials, question papers, mock tests, etc. All these enhance the overall speed and helps in time management. For any entrance exam, steady preparation for a year along with sound classroom knowledge is more than sufficient to clear the exam.
24) What does the selection process comprises of?
AMU MBA Selection Procedure
Through Admission Test. Admission shall be offered through Counselling. The Total Merit will have the following components :
- Written Test : 200 Marks
- Interview / Aptitude Assessment / Group Discussion : 50 Marks
Note : Candidates shall be called for Interview / Aptitude Assessment / Group Discussion on the basis of the performance in the written test. For the candidates who qualify written test, physical presence in the Interview / Aptitude Assessment / Group Discussion is compulsory to become eligible for selection.
25) Are there separate cut off marks for separate parts/papers?
No. There are no separate cutoff marks for separate parts/papers. The university considers only the overall marks and then prepares a list of ranking accordingly.
26) If I do not get selected, will all my efforts go in vain?
"Success is the sum of small efforts put in day in and day out". Therefore, if one does not clear AMU Exam, all the efforts that they have put in for years will definitely not go in vain as it will bring fruits at the right time and at the right place, in the future.
27) Is there caste-wise cutoff marks in AMU Exam?
No.There is no caste-wise cutoff marks in AMU like other competitive examinations. Cutoff is only based on the marks scored in the exam and the ranking thus obtained. The 12th board examination marks are also considered. Apart from this, there are no other criteria under which the cutoff marks are derived.
28) For how long do the AMU MBA Entrance Exam scores valid for admission?
AMU MBA Entrance Exam scores are valid for one year only.
29) What about Placement facilities in Aligarh Muslim University?
The AMU TPO (Training and Placement Office) undertakes and supervises AMU MBA placements. Some of the companies that have visited in the past are Siemens India Limited, TCS, Accenture, L & T, Sterlite Industries, NEC, HCL, Erudite Engineer Pvt. Ltd., Computer Science Corporation, NDPL, TCL, Hughes Systiques India Pvt. Ltd., Boodai Trading Corporation, TCE, Volvo India, Alstom Project India Limited, Lurgi India Co. Pvt. Ltd., Secure Meters Ltd., Tractebel India Limited, Saipem Triune, Voltas Limited, Tega Industries Ltd., Sasken Communications, Adobe India Limited, DRDO, Tejas Networks Limited.
How to Apply
the most popular courses across India, at one place
Create a free Profile now.
the most popular exams across India, at one place