How to Prepare
AU LFAT 2016 Question Paper Format
AU LFAT 2016
The University of Allahabad shall hold an Entrance Test Allahabad University LFAT (B.A LLB-Hons) for candidates seeking admission to its self-financing B.A. LL.B. (Hons.): Five Year Integrated Course. Number of seats and mode of administration is strictly in accordance with the mandatory provisions of the Bar Council of India. Intake of 123 students who are admitted through an Entrance Test. Five Integrated Course to be run by the Faculty of Law in close association with other faculties of the University.
AU LFAT 2016 Conducting Body
Allahabad University is amongst the Popular University in Uttar Pradesh. The university conducts Entrance exam for admission to various courses these include UG degree courses, PG courses, Diploma courses and various other research and doctoral courses. Every year thousands of students appear in the Entrance exams conducted by the Allahabad University for admission into its full-time programs. Here we will provide complete details regarding Allahabad University Entrance exam, admission to various courses, application forms, and eligibility criteria details.
AU LFAT Contact Details
|Address||Senate House Campus, University of Allahabad, Allahabad, UP, India – 211002.|
|Mode||Pen & Paper|
AU LFAT FAQ
1) What is Allahabad University BA LLB Admission Test (LFAT)?
- Allahabad University conducts Law Five Year Admission Test - LFAT for admission to its 5 year integrated BA LLB (Hons) Course.
- In view of the excellent record of the Faculty in Legal Education, the University of Allahabad decided to launch BA-LLB (Hons) Five Integrated Course to be run by the Faculty of Law in close association with other faculties of the University.
- The course aims at offering instructions in subjects having enormous potential of employment & which have acquired great social, economic & administrative relevance in the contemporary society.
2) How do I get the application form for admission?
Application Forms shall be available online & also on the counters of Pravesh Bhawan,University of Allahabad.
3) Can I upload the passport photograph and digital copy of my signature shot with mobile phone camera?
The photograph and digital copy of signature may be shot with mobile phone camera, but the size of photograph and digital signature is required in prescribed/specific size/format.
4) I have filled-up the Application Form successfully but now, can I change/correct the details as entered in the Application form?
NO CHANGE can be made after the Final Submission of the Application Form. However, if the time is still left for filling up the Online- Application Form, the applicant has to fill a Fresh/New Application Form along with the prescribed fee. In such case the new ID will be generated by the system and the fee paid for the previously filled Application form will not be refunded. Make Note that the last application form shall be treated as Final.
5) What is the procedure to make the payment online?
The candidate will be able to make the payment using his/her Net-Banking Account/Debit /Credit Cards or other Payment options available on the payment gateway of the Allahabad University online application form. The charges may vary depending on the payment option.
6) I always receive the message of ‘invalid phone number’ while filling the application.
It is advised not to use + while entering the country code for any number.
7) How will a candidate know if his/her registration has been accepted?
Candidate will be informed about acceptance/non-acceptance status of the registration via an e-mail, sent to the email address given during Allahabad University registration.
8) What is the Admit card? How can candidates download it?
The Admit card is a document containing candidate registration details and photograph. Candidates can download their Admit card from the link "Download Admit Card" (to be provided later). It is mandatory to carry the Admit card along with required IDs, on the day of the test.
9) What is the eligibility criteria for Allahabad University LFAT(BA LLB-Hons)?
- Students who have passed an examination in 10+2 or 11+1 course of schooling recognising by the Academic Council of the University or possess such academic qualifications which are considered equivalent to 10+2 or 11+1 courses by the Bar Council of India,and .
- Only those candidates are eligible to appear for LLB five year integrated Course Test who have secured 45% marks in case of general/OBC category and 40% for SC/ST.
10) What is the minimum marks should I get both in the 12th board examination and in entrance exam to avail a seat in AU?
The candidate should have obtained a minimum of aggregate 45% marks for general/OBC category and 40% for SC/ST in Senior secondary exam. He/she should have a required rank in the entrance test.
11) What is maximum Age Eligibility Criteria ?
For General Category and other backward community candidates who have not more than 20 years age and for SC/ST not more than 22 years of age as on 1st July of the Session in which they are seeking admission, may be admitted to the B.A. LLB (Hons.) 5 years integrated Course.
12) While entering the 12th exam marks, should I include the practical marks also? Can I include 11th and 12th year marks?
The subject-wise and aggregate marks are to be given for the 12th year examination only. Don't include the 11th year exam marks. For practical marks, use the method used by your board to calculate the subject-wise marks.
13) What is the duration of these B.A.LL.B courses?
All courses are full time five years (ten semesters) program.
14) Will there be any breaks during the exam?
No, there will be no scheduled breaks during the test but candidates are allowed to go to the restroom by raising their hand to inform the test centre administrator.
15) May I use calculator or Log Table during examination?
No, use of Textual Material, Calculator, Slide Rule, Log Table, Electronics Watch, Printed or Written Material, Papers, Mobile Phone, Pager or any other device is strictly prohibited.
16) Will I get to see my scores on the test day?
No.you cannot see your scores on the test day.
17) Is Allahabad University LFAT(BA LLB-Hons) result based on ranking or percentile?
The result is based on ranking.
18) For how long is the Allahabad University LFAT(BA LLB-Hons) score valid?
The Allahabad University LFAT(BA LLB-Hons score is valid for just one year.
19) What is the fee structure for LLM program at Allahabad University ?
Fee (Approximate) Rs. Rs.38,000/- .
20) Does Allahabad University provide Hostel Facility?
- Hostel facility is available on a very limited level. Students Can get it merit?cum?need basis. Preference is given to outstation students.
- Shatabdi Boys’ Hostel Kalpana Chawla Memorials’ Hostel of the University which are well equipped on modern hostel especially built for students prosecuting professional courses are allotted to the students of B.A.LL.B.(Hons.) The hostel has 24 Hrs internet facility, indoor games, television and telephone (only for incoming calls).
21) What is the University role in the placement of students?
- The cell has been inaugurated by Hon’ble Mr. Justice F.I.Rebello, Chief Justice, Allahabad High Court on 4th Sep.2010. The inaugural function was also graced by Justice Sunil Ambwani, Justice Rakesh Tiwari, Justice AshokBhushan and Justice R.D.Khare.
- The cell has been founded vouchsafing the objective of holistic development of personality of students and to provide them with adequate exposure to the competitive world and job opportunities.
22) Does the University offer any scholarships to meritorious candidates?
- It aims at encouraging excellence in performance. Three students scoring highest marks in order or merit will be awarded scholarship of the value of Rs. 1000/?, Rs. 800/?, Rs. 500/?, per month respectively in each semester.
- This facility may create a healthy environment of competition amongst the students and result in betterment of both students and the Department. In the first semester the criterion for awarding these scholarships shall be the Test?Score of the candidates and in the second and the subsequent semesters the criterion shall be the overall score of the candidates in the semester preceding the one in which the scholarships are to be awarded.
- One scholarship instituted by the University w.e.f. the secession 2007?08 on the request of Mr. Mahesh Srivastava, NRI. One Gold Medal instituted in the memory of Late Smt. Naraini Sahai to be given to the B.A. LL.B (Hones). Last semester student who obtains first position in the said course. The Gold Medal shall be called “Smt.Naraini Sahai Gold Medal”
- A minimum of Rs. 5000 has been provided for organizing Moot Court and other like academic activities as Prize Money for the winner and runner by the “KIRSHNA VIRENDRA TRUST, ALLAHABAD”.
23) How is seat allocation done?
The first indicative seat allocation list may comprise of some additional seats over and above the total available seats among the participating institutions.
24) Can parents attend the counseling instead of the candidate?
No, physical presence of the candidate is a must on the day of counseling.
25) Is the loan facility available only to candidates who belong to NCR?
No, Loan facility is available for all students belong to anywhere in India. However, normally Banks prefer to give loan to the candidates residing in their catchment area.