How to Prepare
Amity Joint Entrance Examination- B. Tech 2016 Question Paper Format
Amity Joint Entrance Examination- B. Tech 2016
Admission to Amity University B. Tech programs are based on the Amity Joint Entrance Examination (AmityJEE). Amity JEE is a Computer Based Test (CBT) will be held in various cities across the country. Admission to all B.Tech programs of Amity University, Noida campus is scheduled on 31st July 2017 through a Computer Based Test (CBT). And will be held in the Noida campus at Sector-125, Noida,Uttar Pradesh. Admission will be made purely on merit, however, the candidate also needs to fulfill the minimum eligibility required for the program applied.
- B.Tech ( Biomedical Engineering)
- B.Tech (Aeronautical Engineering)
- B.Tech (Aerospace Engineering)
- B.Tech (Automobile Engineering)
- B.Tech (Avionics)
- B.Tech (Bioinformatics)
- B.Tech (Biotechnology)
- B.Tech (Chemical Engineering)
- B.Tech (Civil Engineering)
- B.Tech (Computer Science & Engg.)
- B.Tech (Electronics & Communication Engg.)
- B.Tech (Food Technology)
- B.Tech (Industrial Heavy Machinery)
- B.Tech (Information Technology)
- B.Tech (Mechanical & Automation Engg.)
- B.Tech (Mechanical Engineering)
Amity Joint Entrance Examination- B. Tech 2016 Conducting Body
Amity Joint Entrance Examination- B. Tech conducted by Amity University. Amity University is a multi-campus private research university in India established by an Act of the Uttar Pradesh. The university is amongst the top private universities in India. Amity University was formed by Ashok Chauhan, the founder of the Ritnand Balved Education Foundation. Amity University is India's first private university to implement reservations based on caste etc. for both faculties as well as students. The school was started in 2003 with an enrollment of 120 students. In 2011, it had 80,000 students in 240 programs. It now has more than 125,000 students from all over the world.
Amity Joint Entrance Examination- B. Tech Contact Details
|Address||Admissions Block – J2, Ground Floor Amity University Campus Sector-125, Noida – 201313 (UP)|
|Phone no||0120-2445252, 0120-4713600|
Amity Joint Entrance Examination- B. Tech FAQ
1) What system of education is followed at Amity University?
Amity University follows semester system which is in conformity with the global practices and standards. Students are required to maintain minimum SGPA (Semester Grade Point Average) & CGPA (Cumulative Grade Point average) to get promoted to the next semester and qualify for Degree/Diploma.
2) What documents are required along with the Application form and with in how many days a form gets processed?
Only a copy or scanned copy of class 10th mark-sheet and a recent color passport size photograph is required to be submitted/uploaded along with the Application Form. Confirmation about receipt of your form is to be checked on Admission Microsite. It normally takes 3-5 working days to process the form.
3) What is Admission Microsite and how is the Registration/Interview/Selection status communicated to the candidates?
Admission microsite is an online portal at amity.edu. An applicant can check his Registration/ Interview/ Selection status by logging into his/ her Admission Microsite with the application form number and the password at regular intervals for all admission related information. No separate communication is send in this regard.
4) What is the significance of option 1 & option 2 in the Application Form and can I change my program from Option 1 to Option 2 after registration of Application Form?
Students may apply for two programs under Option 1 & Option 2, e.g. B.Tech(Biomedical Engineering) and B.Tech (Aerospace Engineering) respectively. Subject to meeting the eligibility criteria, you will be called for Selection process for Option 1. If you are called for Selection process for Option 2, it implies that you are not meeting the eligibility criteria of Option 1. Change is possible before selecting the Selection process date by sending mail request at email@example.com
5) How many application forms one can fill while applying to various programs at Amity University?
An applicant can apply to as many programs in Amity as desired but cannot apply for the same program more than once in one admission year.
6) What are the grounds on which a form can be rejected and is the form fee refundable or not?
Incorrectly filled, incomplete and unsigned forms are rejected. Form once rejected will not be reconsidered and form cost will not be refunded for any reason whatsoever.
7) How should I select the date for test/interview?
Login to your admission microsite (with form number and password), check if Test / Interview date is notified on the Admission Microsite. Select the given date if you are comfortable with it else you may ignore the date and wait for a new date. However, applicants are advised not to miss too many dates as we have limited seats in all the programs. Admission is on first come first serve basis.
8) Till what time can I select the test/interview date notified on admission microsite?
Test/Interview date released on admission microsite should be selected 24 hours prior to the date of test/ interview. Failing which you will have to wait for the further dates to be released.
9) How many test/interview dates can I select?
An applicant can select maximum of two dates for appearing in selection process. In case the applicant fails to appear in selection process even on the second (selected) date, no further dates will be given.
10) From where can I get the admit card?
Admit card can be downloaded from the Admission Microsite once you select and submit the given test/interview date. You are required to print the admit card for appearing in the selection process. Applicants are required to adhere to the reporting time mentioned in the admit card. Late comers will not be entertained.
11) Till what time the university schedules test/interview dates?
Test/interview dates are scheduled until all the available seats are full. The admission committee notifies the applicant on the last date of the test/interview on the Admission Microsite.
12) What are the eligibility criteria for Amity JEE B.Tech?
Candiadte having min. 60% in class X & XII with 60% in PCM for Non-sponsored & 55 % for Sponsored Category.
13) I am appearing in the 12th class examination. Can I apply for Amity JEE (B.Tech)?
Yes, you are eligible to apply.
14) Which subjects are compulsory to appear for Amity JEE (B.Tech) exam?
Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics (PCM) and English or Physics, Chemistry, Biology (PCB) and English are compulsory for B.Tech.
15) While entering the 12th exam marks, should I include the practical marks also? Can I include 11th and 12th year marks?
The subject-wise and aggregate marks are to be given for the 12th year examination only. Don't include the 11th year exam marks. For practical marks, use the method used by your board to calculate the subject-wise marks.
16) How am I Eligible for admission to B.tech. programmes after 12th?
The B.Tech. programmes are 4-year programme after 12th. There is no intermediate degree awarded.
17) Can a student apply for UG program in absence of 10+2 final year result?
Yes, a student may apply provisionally for any course but needs to produce all the original mark sheets/ degrees at the time of Registration.
18) How will I get the intimation of admission after qualifying the selection process?
The results are intimated to the students through Admission Microsite. A soft copy of the admission letter is uploaded online and no hard copy is issued. Hence a student is advised to check the contents of Admission Microsite at regular intervals.
19) Is the University recognized by the Government?
Amity University is a full fledged university and not a deemed university. Amity University Uttar Pradesh has been established through the Act of State Legislature ( Amity University – U P Act no 11 of 2005), and thus is a bonafide University with the right to confer degrees as defined by section 2f and 22 (1) of the UGC Act. Universities do not require any approval or recognition from AICTE to conduct any courses and the role of AICTE with respect to universities is only to ensure maintenance of prescribed norms.
20) What is the difference between sponsored and non-sponsored category and is category change possible before/after the selection?
Non Sponsored is a high merit category. Sponsored category applies to relatively lower merit category with high fees. Request for change in category will be entertained only prior to appearing for Test/Interview. There is a possibility that the Admission Committee recommends your admission after the selection process in a category for which you had not applied in the Application Form. In such cases, you may exercise the option to accept or to deny the offer.
21) What is the selection criterion of Amity University?
The selection procedure comprises of an English language test followed by GD/Personal interview. Program based written test/creative/physical test is conducted wherever necessary.
22) How many Test / Interview dates will be scheduled for attending the selection process?
The university will provide multiple dates for appearing in the selection / admission process but a single date will be released at a time on the Admission Microsite of the applicant.
23) What all documents one need to carry on the day of selection process?
A student needs to carry all the mark sheets as well as essential credentials in original along with the copy of admit card.
24) What will be the venue of the selection process and is Skype facility available for the selection process?
The venue for the selection process will be Amity University, Noida campus and it is a day long affair. The physical presence of the applicant in the selection process is mandatory. Separate campus tour and interaction session is organized for parents/guardians accompanying the applicant. The provision for Skype facility has been extended to the Foreign/NRI candidates only.
25) What is the attendance requirement and when is the attendance calculated from?
A minimum of 75% attendance is required to appear in the examinations. Attendance of a student is calculated from the date of commencement of program or date of fee payment (whichever is later).
26) What are the fee payment options available after selection?
For fee payment you may either avail net banking or make the payment at any Axis Bank branch with cash/DD or at Amity University Accounts Office with DD.
27) Can I make partial payment after selection so as to reserve my seat in Amity?
Partial payments are not accepted. You are required to pay first semester fee as well as academic security fee in full as per the deadline specified in the selection letter.
28) What if one fails to deposit the fee as per the last date mentioned on the admission letter?
If you are not able to pay the fees within the specified date due to some valid reason, you are required to approach the admission office. Depending upon the availability of seats and decision of Admission Committee, further extension of date may be considered.
29) When does the candidate report for Registration in the Academics/Hostel and what is the list of documents required?
Selected candidate can report for registration on the program commencement date. Candidates will not be allowed to register for the program/hostel 10 days post the commencement date under any circumstances. Hostel seat (if applicable) will automatically get cancelled. For list of documents, selected candidates can refer to their Amizone (Amity Intranet Zone www.amizone.net).
30) What are the Amity Scholarship (Academic/Sports) schemes?
Amity Scholarships are instituted to help those who are brilliant in academics and deserve world class education but don’t have the required means. Diverse Scholarships offered at Amity are:
- On Admission Merit Scholarship
- Sports Scholarship.
31) Does Amity University offer assistance in availing Education Loan?
At Amity, financial limitations cannot be allowed to restrict career dreams. In view of that, the institution has tied up with premier banks to offer easy Education Loans to selected students.
32) What is the on campus placement criterion of the University?
Amity assures 100% placement assistance. In order to be eligible for the recruitment process, every student is required to achieve a minimum of 6 on a 10 point scale
33) Is Hostel/Residential facility available in Amity University campus?
Yes, Amity offers comprehensive hostel (AC and Non AC) facilities for boys and girls separately within the University campus. Due to limited seats, hostel accommodation is not offered to applicants from Delhi and NCR.
34) Is there any transportation facility for day scholars?
Yes, we offer Amity bus service, which covers maximum part of Delhi and NCR. For detailed information on routes followed and bus fare, you are requested to contact Amity Bus Service.