Jan 15, 2016
May 12, 2016
May 22, 2016
Jun 19, 2016
AMU MBA 2016 - Application Steps
Eligibility for AMU MBA 2016
Bachelors degree in any discipline with at least 50% marks in aggregate.
Age No bar.
AMU MBA 2016 Important Instructions
- The University reserves the right not to admit any candidate to a course of study even though a notification inviting applications for admission to the same has been issued.
- The candidate shall not be entitled to claim admission as a matter of right even if he/she is otherwise eligible. The University reserves the right to refuse admission to any individual withoutassigning any reason.
- Canvassing in any manner for securing admission shall render a candidate disqualified.
- Eligibility rules as specified for each course shall be strictly followed and shall not be relaxed under any circumstance. Candidate should satisfy himself/herself that he/she fulfills the eligibility requirements prescribed for admission to the concerned course of study.
- A candidate shall be eligible for admission to a course of study if he/she has passed the qualifying examination and also fulfills all other eligibility requirements in terms of subjects sutudied, percentage of marks, age, etc. The percentage of marks secured by a candidate at the qualifying examination, falling short by even a decimal fraction shall not be roundede off to the next whole number. Similarly, if the age falls short or exceeds even by a single day, the candidate shall not be eligible for admission.
- Candidates awaiting result of qualifying examination may also apply for admission with the clear stipulation that in the event of their selection they will be entitled to admission only if they fulfill all eligibility requirements of concerned course of study at the time of admission.
- Physically challenged candidates are provided a relaxation in age up to a maximum of five years in admission to courses which prescribe a maximum age limit, except for those courses where such limits are prescribed by statutory/regulatory councils governing such admissions.
- Changes, if any, made in the Admission Rules and/or in the eligibility criteria from time to time, shall be applicable to candidates seeking admission in the University even after notification.
- If a candidate submits more than one Application Form for a course of study, ALL such Application Forms of the candidate may be summarily rejected.
- Candidate should clearly specify his/her order of preference of Course/Branch/Main Subject/Stream/Specialization from among those listed under the course of study concerned. The order of preference indicated in the Application Form will not be changed.
- No request for change in address for correspondence as specified in the Application Form shall be entertained .
- The candidate must submit self attested photocopy of his/her marksheet/grate sheet of Qualifying Examination (both sides) so as to reach in the Admission Section up to 5:00 PM on or before the last date of submission of documents failing which his/her Application Form will be summarily REJECTED.
- All admissions shall be provisional.
- Selected candidates shall not be allowed to complete admission formalities in absentia.
- Candidate not reporting for admission on the stipulated date and time, shall forfeit his/her claim for admission. The offer of admission shall stand cancelled and no correspondence in this regard shall be entertained.
- No candidate shall be admitted unless he/she has completed all the eligibility requirements at the time of admission. Candidates awaiting results of their Supplementary / Compartmental / Improvement examination shall not be considered for admission.
- No candidate shall be allowed to take admission to the same Course / Class (or its equivalent Course) which he/she was passed earlier.
- In case any candidate who does not meet the eligibility criteria prescribed for the concerned course of study applies to any course, he/she shall be doing so at his/her own risk and cost, and if at any stage, it is found that the candidate does not fulfill the eligibility requirements, the admission, if granted, shall be cancelled ipso facto.
- The lists of candidates selected for admission will be displayed on the Notice Boards of the concerned Faculty / C o l l e g e / Centre / Proctor’s Office / Controller’s Office Website. The dates notified for Admission shall strictly be followed. It is the responsibility of the candidate to keep himself / herself informed from Notice Board(s)/ website or through their own sources whether their names appear in the displayed lists and thereby make timely arrangements for completing the admission. The University shall not be responsible if a candidate fails to get information regarding his/her selection for admission.
- The University may issue or display `Waiting List/Chance Memo List’ in addition to the list of selected candidates. Chance Memo is not an offer of admission but is issued only in case there is likelihood of a vacancy due to any reason. Waiting List/Chance Memo list, if any, shall be displayed on the notice boards of the concerned Faculty / College / Centre / Proctor’s Office / Controller’s Office Website. It is the responsibility of the candidate to keep track of all such notices.
- Any seat that remains unfilled after the completion of admissions of candidates on the select list shall be filled up by the candidate who had reported with reference to his/her Chance Memo on the specified date and time as per the Chance Memo list, if any, strictly in order of Chance Memo Number. However, if such a vacancy arises after the closing date of admissions, the vacancy shall not be filled up and the same shall remain unfilled.
- No correspondence shall be made to candidates not selected for admission and the documents / certificates shall not be returned. Similarly Processing Charges shall not be refunded.
AMU MBA 2016 Relaxation Policy
PWD (PH Category) candidates having 40% disability are exempted from the payment of Admission Test/Processing charges. They should select Demand Draft Mode and fill the DD No. as 00000.
AMU MBA Application FAQ
1) Tell me about AMU University?
Aligarh Muslim University MBA entrance exam commonly known as Combined Admission Test is conducted for admission to the MBA/MBA (IB)courses offered by the university. Aligarh Muslim University’s management courses are highly reputed across the country. AMU provides the students with the best of faculty, infrastructure and placement opportunities therefore a large number of students appear for AMU CAT every year throughout the country.
2) What is the medium of instruction?
3) Where do I purchase the Application Voucher (AMU Bulletin)?
- Download Application Form from offical site.
- Take the Printout of the PDF Generated Application Form on A-4 Size paper (applying ONLINE).
- Download the appropriate Application Form from the website meant for the course for which the candidate wishes to apply and get it printed on A-4 size paper. Fill up the Application Form by following the instructions given above in CAPITAL letters using black ball point pen (applying OFFLINE).
4) What are the modes of fee submission for the exam?
Payment of Course Fee: : Rs 500/- .There are following 3 modes of payment of course Fee:
1.Bank Demand Draft
Bank Demand Draft :
Bank Draft should be drawn in favor of ‘Finance Officer, AMU, payable at Aligarh’.
Bank Challan :
- Bank Challan facilities are available through ICICI and Canara bank.
- Candidates are requested to choose ‘ICICI & Canara Bank’ from bank drop down list and enter the Challan No. in DD No. column, in case they are paying through bank Challan.
- Physically Challenged / Blind candidates need not deposit any Application Fee and may write ’0000′ in DD column.
Online Payment :
- Online payment can be done either by Net Banking, Credit Card / Debit Card.
- Candidates who use Online mode for payment and do not get link for downloading the PDF copy of the duly filled in Form, are requested to wait for its renewal which generally takes about 30 minutes.
- If it is not available even after 24-48 hrs they may contact the Admission Section, via helpdesk numbers or in person and tell their name, father name, course applied for and date of payment. If their payments are successful, the details for downloading the PDF copy of the form shall be emailed to them on the email IDs provided in the Application Form. However, candidates are requested not to take risk on the last dates and use offline mode ( DD / Challan ).
Note : Applicants of Test Courses are requested to send the printout of the duly filled in Application Form along with the relevant documents to the Deputy / Asstt. Controller, Admission Section, AMU, Aligarh only on or before the last date of submission of the Application Form.
5) In Which Month Conducts Aligarh Muslim University MBA Entrance Exam?
Generally this Exam conducts in the Last week of May every year.
6) What is the mode of conduction of AMU MBA Entrance Exam ?
Offline or Pen & Paper based exam.
7) Are there any reservation of seats?
Yes. There will be 50% reservation of seats for the Muslim Candidates. Rest seats in AMU will be open for allotment to every candidate. No other reservation for admission in various courses in AMU exists for any category.
8) What is the address to send the form and DD in case of DD mode of fee remission?
The forms and DD (only in the DD mode of fee remission) are to be sent at the following address:Asstt. Controller, Admission Section,
Aligarh Muslim University,
Telephone No. : 91 – 571 – 2700935, 2700920 – Extn. ( 1161 ),
9) When is the last date to submit the application?
The last date to submit the application form is last week of February.
10) When will I get my Admit Card?
Admit card will be available for view and print in third week of May (onwards). You will have to log onto the Amu website with your registered User ID. You will be eligible for an Admit Card only upon submission of online application form. You will receive an automated email confirmation upon successful submission from website .
List of AMU MBA 2016 Centers (Expected)
|State||City||Mode of Exam|
|Uttar Pradesh||Aligarh||Pen & Paper|