Jan 15, 2017
May 01, 2017
May 07, 2017
Jun 19, 2017
AMU MBA 2017 - Application Steps
How to Apply for AMU MBA 2017
HOW TO OBTAIN APPLICATION FORM ONLINE:-
- Go to the official website to for application form for the MBA.
HOW TO FILL APPLICATION FORM ONLINE:-
- Before filling up the Application Form, candidates are required to read instructions carefully given in every step as available in the online portal.
- Scanned copy of colored Photo with white background, Signature, and Thumb Impression (Left for Boys & Right for Girls) of the Candidate in JPG/JPEG format ONLY. The file size of each should be less than 40KB
- Email address & Mobile number.
- Online Banking details/Debit Card/Credit Card.
- Details of qualifying examination
- Note: Please don’t rename files with BMP/PNG/TIFF/etc (Not acceptable file extension names such as filename.BMP, filename.PNG, or filename.TIFF). If file is not in JPG or JPEG format convert them to JPG/JPEG format using appropriate software (e.g, Paint) instead of just renaming the file extension.
- Candidates have to fill the Application Form directly on the website and then take a print-out.
- Details of Admission Test Fee / Processing Charges: The online payment detail will automatically be post in the respective column of the Application form. The PH candidates having 40% disability are exempted from the Processing Charges / Test Fee however the pdf printout of the application form generated online must be submitted with required documents.
- Photograph: Upload your front facing identical good quality colour photographs taken not earlier than three months in the space provided in the Application Form and Appendix of Sports /
Debater & Talent Category. The photograph should be taken preferably with dark coloured clothes in a white background.
- Photograph (to be pasted on the hard copy of generated pdf): Paste (do not staple) your front
facing identical good quality colour photographs (2.5 cm x 3 cm) taken not earlier than three months in the space provided in the Application Form, Scan Slip and Appendix of Sports / Debater Category. The photograph should be taken preferably with dark coloured clothes in a white background.
- Note: All photographs must be self attested except the photograph on Scan Slip.
- Photograph (to be pasted on the hard copy of generated pdf): Paste (do not staple) your front
- Internal/External: Indicate/Select your status as an Internal or External candidate in regard to the Course of study for which applying. i.e. Candidates who have passed / studying the qualifying examination from A.M.U. in the year 2015, 2016 & 2017 will be treated as INTERNAL candidates and all others are EXTERNAL candidate.
- Enrollment No.: Mention your Enrolment Number as allotted by this University (only for candidates who are already enrolled in this University or were enrolled earlier).
- Thumb impression: Upload and Put your Thumb Impression in the box provided(Left Thumb Impression for males and Right Thumb Impression for females)
- Signature: Upload and Put your usual signature within the box provided. The signature must not overflow or touch the border of the box provided.
- Note: Your signature establishes your identity. Hence, do not merely write your name in capital letters. This may lead to rejection of your application.
PROCEDURE FOR SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION FORM :
- Take the Printout of the PDF Generated Application Form on A-4 Size paper
- Put your thumb impression, signature and paste your recent photographs at the designated place on the Application Form.
- Attach the relevant document(s) with the Application Form and do not fold or mutilate it in any way.
- Application Form (PDF Generated copy) must be submitted by hand or through Registered Post / Speed Post / Courier in a separate envelope for each course of study so as to reach the respective offices as mentioned against each course of study up to 5:00 PM on or before the last date of receipt & also submit your filled application form through online .
- Candidates must retain a photocopy of their filled-in form for future reference.
- Candidates’ submitting the Application Form by post must put the same inside an A-4 Size Envelope and paste the Postal Slip (given with the Form) on the top of the Envelope before posting it.
- Candidates who submit their Application Form by post/on counter may check the status of their Application Form on the website
DOCUMENTS TO BE SUBMITTED WITH THE APPLICATION FORM:-
- The Admission Test Fee / Processing Charges (non-refundable) as mentioned against each course may be remitted through :-ONLINE Payment through Internet Banking / Credit Card / Debit Card .
- Self attested copy (both sides) of High School / Secondary School Certificate (SSC Examination) in support of date of birth.
- Self attested copy (both sides) of Marksheets / Gradesheets of qualifying examination. In case the result of the qualifying examination has not been declared at the time of applying, candidate must submit self attested photocopies of marksheets / grade sheets of examination passed in the preceding year.
- Self attested copy (both sides) of Marksheets / Gradesheets of all other examinations passed / appeared (including parts therein) after passing High School till date.
- Self attested copy of documents in support of claim of Internal Status and / or special categories, if any.
- Documents in support of Professional Experience, if any.
- No Objection Certificate from the employer, if employed at present.
- Any other relevant document.
Note: Incomplete Application Forms/Irrelevant Forms and those received late, without requisite fee and not supported with the required certificates / documents may be summarily rejected and no further correspondence shall be entertained in this regard.
Eligibility for AMU MBA 2017
Bachelors degree in any discipline with at least 50% marks in aggregate.
Age No bar.
AMU MBA 2017 Important Instructions
- The University reserves the right not to admit any candidate to a course of study even though a notification inviting applications for admission to the same has been issued.
- The candidate shall not be entitled to claim admission as a matter of right even if he/she is otherwise eligible. The University reserves the right to refuse admission to any individual withoutassigning any reason.
- Canvassing in any manner for securing admission shall render a candidate disqualified.
- Eligibility rules as specified for each course shall be strictly followed and shall not be relaxed under any circumstance. Candidate should satisfy himself/herself that he/she fulfills the eligibility requirements prescribed for admission to the concerned course of study.
- A candidate shall be eligible for admission to a course of study if he/she has passed the qualifying examination and also fulfills all other eligibility requirements in terms of subjects sutudied, percentage of marks, age, etc. The percentage of marks secured by a candidate at the qualifying examination, falling short by even a decimal fraction shall not be roundede off to the next whole number. Similarly, if the age falls short or exceeds even by a single day, the candidate shall not be eligible for admission.
- Candidates awaiting result of qualifying examination may also apply for admission with the clear stipulation that in the event of their selection they will be entitled to admission only if they fulfill all eligibility requirements of concerned course of study at the time of admission.
- Physically challenged candidates are provided with a relaxation in age up to a maximum of five years in admission to courses which prescribe a maximum age limit, except for those courses where such limits are prescribed by statutory/regulatory councils governing such admissions.
- Changes, if any, made in the Admission Rules and/or in the eligibility criteria from time to time, shall be applicable to candidates seeking admission in the University even after notification.
- If a candidate submits more than one Application Form for a course of study, ALL such Application Forms of the candidate may be summarily rejected.
- Candidate should clearly specify his/her order of preference of Course/Branch/Main Subject/Stream/Specialization from among those listed under the course of study concerned. The order of preference indicated in the Application Form will not be changed.
- No request for change in address for correspondence as specified in the Application Form shall be entertained .
- The candidate must submit self attested photocopy of his/her marksheet/grate sheet of Qualifying Examination (both sides) so as to reach in the Admission Section up to 5:00 PM on or before the last date of submission of documents failing which his/her Application Form will be summarily REJECTED.
- All admissions shall be provisional.
- Selected candidates shall not be allowed to complete admission formalities in absentia.
- Candidate not reporting for admission on the stipulated date and time, shall forfeit his/her claim for admission. The offer of admission shall stand cancelled and no correspondence in this regard shall be entertained.
- No candidate shall be admitted unless he/she has completed all the eligibility requirements at the time of admission. Candidates awaiting results of their Supplementary / Compartmental / Improvement examination shall not be considered for admission.
- No candidate shall be allowed to take admission to the same Course / Class (or its equivalent Course) which he/she was passed earlier.
- In case any candidate who does not meet the eligibility criteria prescribed for the concerned course of study applies to any course, he/she shall be doing so at his/her own risk and cost, and if at any stage, it is found that the candidate does not fulfill the eligibility requirements, the admission, if granted, shall be cancelled ipso facto.
- The lists of candidates selected for admission will be displayed on the Notice Boards of the concerned Faculty / C o l l e g e / Centre / Proctor’s Office / Controller’s Office Website. The dates notified for Admission shall strictly be followed. It is the responsibility of the candidate to keep himself /herself informed from Notice Board(s)/ website or through their own sources whether their names appear in the displayed lists and thereby make timely arrangements for completing the admission. The University shall not be responsible if a candidate fails to get information regarding his/her selection for admission.
- The University may issue or display `Waiting List/Chance Memo List’ in addition to the list of selected candidates. Chance Memo is not an offer of admission but is issued only in case there is likelihood of a vacancy due to any reason. Waiting List/Chance Memo list, if any, shall be displayed on the notice boards of the concerned Faculty / College / Centre / Proctor’s Office / Controller’s Office Website. It is the responsibility of the candidate to keep track of all such notices.
- Any seat that remains unfilled after the completion of admissions of candidates on the select list shall be filled up by the candidate who had reported with reference to his/her Chance Memo on the specified date and time as per the Chance Memo list, if any, strictly in order of Chance Memo Number. However, if such a vacancy arises after the closing date of admissions, the vacancy shall not be filled up and the same shall remain unfilled.
- No correspondence shall be made to candidates not selected for admission and the documents / certificates shall not be returned. Similarly Processing Charges shall not be refunded.
AMU MBA 2017 Relaxation Policy
Important rules for filling up seats reserved (03% over and above the approved intake, wherever applicable) Persons with Disability (Physically Challenged) :-
- Only those eligible candidates shall be considered for admission under the physically challenged category who have degree of disability to a minimum extent of 40% as prescribed in the Persons with Disabilities (Equal Opportunities, Protection of Rights and Full Participation) Act, 1995.
- Candidates under this category shall be given relaxation to the extent of 5% marks in the qualifying examination for admission in the University.
- The certifying authority in all such cases will be a medical board at the district level consisting of the Chief Medical Officer/Sub-Divisional Medical Officer in the District and another expert in the specified field viz. Ophthalmic Surgeon in the case of visually challenged (handicapped) and ENT Surgeon or an Audiologist in case of speech and hearing challenged (handicapped), an Orthopaedic Surgeon or a Specialist in Physical Medicine and re-habilitation in case of locomotor challenged (handicapped).
- Such candidates would be considered for admission only to those courses of study/disciplines where their physical disability is not considered as a hindrance in pursuing the course of study.
- In case of any doubt about the 40% degree / extent of disability of the concerned candidate, the certificate of disability submitted at the time of admission shall be refered to the issuing authority and his decision shall be final.
AMU MBA Application FAQ
1) Tell me about AMU University?
Aligarh Muslim University MBA entrance exam commonly known as Combined Admission Test is conducted for admission to the MBA/MBA (IB)courses offered by the university. Aligarh Muslim University’s management courses are highly reputed across the country. AMU provides the students with the best of faculty, infrastructure and placement opportunities therefore a large number of students appear for AMU CAT every year throughout the country.
2) What is the medium of instruction?
3) Where do I purchase the Application Voucher (AMU Bulletin)?
- Download Application Form from offical site.
- Take the Printout of the PDF Generated Application Form on A-4 Size paper (applying ONLINE).
- Download the appropriate Application Form from the website meant for the course for which the candidate wishes to apply and get it printed on A-4 size paper. Fill up the Application Form by following the instructions given above in CAPITAL letters using black ball point pen (applying OFFLINE).
4) What are the modes of fee submission for the exam?
Payment of Course Fee: : Rs 500/- .There are following 3 modes of payment of course Fee:
1.Bank Demand Draft
Bank Demand Draft :
Bank Draft should be drawn in favor of ‘Finance Officer, AMU, payable at Aligarh’.
Bank Challan :
- Bank Challan facilities are available through ICICI and Canara bank.
- Candidates are requested to choose ‘ICICI & Canara Bank’ from bank drop down list and enter the Challan No. in DD No. column, in case they are paying through bank Challan.
- Physically Challenged / Blind candidates need not deposit any Application Fee and may write ’0000′ in DD column.
Online Payment :
- Online payment can be done either by Net Banking, Credit Card / Debit Card.
- Candidates who use Online mode for payment and do not get link for downloading the PDF copy of the duly filled in Form, are requested to wait for its renewal which generally takes about 30 minutes.
- If it is not available even after 24-48 hrs they may contact the Admission Section, via helpdesk numbers or in person and tell their name, father name, course applied for and date of payment. If their payments are successful, the details for downloading the PDF copy of the form shall be emailed to them on the email IDs provided in the Application Form. However, candidates are requested not to take risk on the last dates and use offline mode ( DD / Challan ).
Note : Applicants of Test Courses are requested to send the printout of the duly filled in Application Form along with the relevant documents to the Deputy / Asstt. Controller, Admission Section, AMU, Aligarh only on or before the last date of submission of the Application Form.
5) In Which Month Conducts Aligarh Muslim University MBA Entrance Exam?
Generally this Exam conducts in the Last week of May every year.
6) What is the mode of conduction of AMU MBA Entrance Exam ?
Offline or Pen & Paper based exam.
7) Are there any reservation of seats?
Yes. There will be 50% reservation of seats for the Muslim Candidates. Rest seats in AMU will be open for allotment to every candidate. No other reservation for admission in various courses in AMU exists for any category.
8) What is the address to send the form and DD in case of DD mode of fee remission?
The forms and DD (only in the DD mode of fee remission) are to be sent at the following address:Asstt. Controller, Admission Section,
Aligarh Muslim University,
Telephone No. : 91 – 571 – 2700935, 2700920 – Extn. ( 1161 ),
9) When is the last date to submit the application?
The last date to submit the application form is last week of February.
10) When will I get my Admit Card?
Admit card will be available for view and print in third week of May (onwards). You will have to log onto the Amu website with your registered User ID. You will be eligible for an Admit Card only upon submission of online application form. You will receive an automated email confirmation upon successful submission from website .
List of AMU MBA 2017 Centers (Expected)
|State||City||Mode of Exam|
|Uttar Pradesh||Aligarh||Pen & Paper|
|West Bengal||Murshidabad||Pen & Paper|
|Bihar||Kishanganj||Pen & Paper|
|Kerala||Malappuram||Pen & Paper|