Jan 29, 2017
May 28, 2017
Jun 04, 2017
Jun 28, 2017
BHU PET M.A. in Mass Communication 2017 - Application Steps
How to Apply for BHU PET M.A. in Mass Communication 2017
As an applicant you would need the following:
- An E-mail ID for registration and for receiving all future correspondence till the admission process is over and subsequently, if admitted.
- A Mobile Number to receive SMS based notifications/communications related to the online application, Admit card, Entrance Test Result, Admission Counseling etc till the admission process is over and subsequently, if admitted.
- Access to facilities of computer with internet connectivity, B/W printer and scanner.
- A recent passport sized colour photograph (for scanning and uploading in "jpeg" format only. File size of scanned photograph should not be more than 100KB).
- Your signature using Blue/Black pen on white sheet (for scanning and uploading in "jpeg" format only. File size of scanned photograph should not be more than 100KB).
- The Candidate shall pay the following Application Processing Fee/Entrance Test fee:
- SC/ST- 250 /-
- Others - 500/-
- Online payment through credit card/ debit card through the payment gateway available on the Entrance test portal.
- Payment of Entrance Test Fee in Cash through “Challan” in any branch of HDFC Bank (facility will be available only during banking hours on any banking day): After filling up the application form, its submission and selecting this mode for payment, the candidate can print the Challan from the entrance test portal. The printout of challan will contain all necessary details of the candidate, bank account details of the Banaras Hindu University in which the entrance test fee will be deposited and the exact amount to be deposited. The candidate will be required to visit any branch of the HDFC Bank of his/her choice (only during banking hours on any banking day)where he/she will be required to deposit the requisite Fee amount to the Bank.
- Fields for information which is mandatory is marked with "Red coloured bullets" and are to be essentially filled up.
- No printout of online submitted application form or proof of payment of Entrance Test fee is to be submitted to the University. However, the candidates should retain a copy of the said documents for their own record.
- No document is required to be submitted along with the application form submitted online.
- Original certificates issued by competent authority supporting your filled in details will be asked from you ONLY at the time of admission. If data provided in the online application is not supported by appropriate documents then your application / claim for admission shall be summarily rejected.
Eligibility for BHU PET M.A. in Mass Communication 2017
Graduate Degree in any discipline under at least 10+2+3 pattern securing a minimum of 50% marks in the aggregate including all subjects studied at Graduate level except those subjects where only pass marks are required and which do not contribute to the total in the final (degree) marksheet. OR Post-graduate Degree in any subject securing a minimum of 50% marks in the aggregate, both at Graduate and Post-Graduate levels.
BHU PET M.A. in Mass Communication 2017 Important Instructions
- The Candidate must carry his/her valid Admit Card for the concerned Entrance Test. He/She must occupy only his/her allotted seat as per his/her Roll Number in the seating arrangement made for the concerned Test.
- No Candidate will be allowed entry to the Test Hall after 30 minutes of the start of the Entrance Test.
- No Candidate shall be allowed to leave the Test Hall till the end of the Test.
- There is no provision to provide or permit a ‘writer’ in the Entrance Test except for blind candidates, who will be provided ‘writers’ on request.
- The Candidates shall be checked for any resource materials frequently and at random by the Invigilators and other staff conducting the Test, routinely and also on the slightest doubt.
- Calculators/watch calculators, electronic diary, pager, mobile phones, earphones, alarm clock, digital watches with memory, slide rule, etc. are not allowed in the examination hall. Also, carrying of licensed weapons, fire arms, tools which can be used as lethal weapons are not allowed in the examination hall.
- The Entrance Examination of a candidate shall be cancelled in case of any of the following actions by a candidate:
- Relevant or irrelevant resource material or loose paper found on his/her possession, or, lying on or around his/her seat, Possession of any unauthorized instrument or equipment as mentioned at (vi) above/document/paper/ information materials or any resource materials, Communication of information in writing or verbally or exchange of Question Booklet/Answer Sheets to and from any other person during the Test period and any other malpractice amounting to obtaining undue advantage, Writing anything in the Admit Card, Carrying of the envelope of the Admit Card into the examination hall, Any alterations or corrections in the entries made by a candidate in Question Booklet and OMR Sheet [Roll Number in words & figures and OMR sheet no. in Question Booklet and Roll Number, Question Booklet no. and Set no. (if any) in OMR sheet] but not duly verified by the invigilator concerned, Non-matching of signature made at the time of Entrance Test with that already done at the time of filling of Application Form.
- The Entrance Examination of a candidate shall be cancelled and candidate shall be debarred to appear from future Entrance Tests in case of any of the following actions by a candidate:
- Tampering with the Admit Card including that of the photograph, Face not resembling the photograph on the Admit Card, Not occupying the allotted seat, Tampering/disturbing the seating arrangements, Smuggling-out or smuggling-in Question Booklet in part or in full, or Test material, or any resource material connected with the Test, Making any attempt to influence the University authorities directly or indirectly, disturbing or trying to disturb the Entrance Test, Noting down the questions or their answers, Shouting of slogans or creating unruly scene at the examination hall/examination centre/University campus.
- Impersonation is a legally punishable offence. No Candidate will be permitted to appear in the Test without a valid Admit Card. The Admit Card should be presented to the invigilators/other authorized officials for verification. The candidate’s identity will be verified in respect of his/her details on the Admit Card. If the identity is in doubt, the candidate may not be allowed to appear in the Test. The authorities may at their discretion provisionally permit the candidate to appear in the Test aftern completing formalities including taking of thumb impression/several signatures for further verification. No extra time will be granted for these formalities to be completed.
- Similarly, at the time of Counseling, the candidate’s identity will be verified from the documents available with the University and in case of any doubt, his/her admission will be deferred till final verification. A person found to impersonate a candidate shall be handed over to the Police under an FIR lodged by the University. The candidate in reference shall be debarred from future Entrance Tests of the University. A student or employee of the University if found to impersonate in the Entrance Test will be respectively rusticated or dismissed from the University service.
- Suppression/concealment of information: The candidate must ensure that he/she is qualified to appear in the Entrance Test. If it is detected at any stage that he/she did not fulfill the minimum qualifications, or, there was something against the candidate which would have prevented him/her from being admitted in the concerned subject/course, or, the candidate has provided false information or no information about his/her previous involvement in an act punishable under law or act of gross misconduct and indiscipline, then his/her candidature shall not be considered and his/her admission, if already made, shall be cancelled at any stage and he/she shall be debarred from appearing in any of the future Entrance Tests of the University.
- Nobody other than the University authorized personnel is permitted to move around the Test venue. Any unauthorized person loitering around the Test venue shall be handed over to the police under an FIR lodged by the University.
- No scrutiny/re-evaluation of answer sheet of PET is allowed in any case at any stage.
- The candidate shall be bound by the BHU Statutes/ Ordinances/Rules and Regulations framed from time to time.
- Any litigation in respect of the PET shall be subject to the jurisdiction of the local Court of Varanasi and/or Hon’ble High Court of Judicature at Allahabad only.
- For any interpretational difficulties, the interpretation through English language shall be deemed as correct.
Important instruction :
- The e-mail id and mobile number are required for downloading
- the admit card (to appear in the entrance test),
- call letter (to appear in the counseling),
- for enrollment (after admission) and for filling examination form of regular examinations. Therefore, candidates are advised to note down the e-mail id and password and not to change the mobile number. Various messages relating to issue of admit card, admission etc. are sent to the registered mobile number only.
- Before starting to fill the application get your photograph and signature scanned. Only jpg format is accepted. The photograph size should not be more than 100 KB for the photograph and 100 KB for signature (100 DPI and crop the image of signature to an approximate size of around 5 cm x 1.5 cm).
- For scanning purpose use black sketch pen for signature.
- You have to affix your photograph on the print out of admit card. Therefore, keep sufficient copies of the photograph you are using for Scanning.
BHU PET M.A. in Mass Communication 2017 Relaxation Policy
Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Tribes:
Seats shall be reserved for Scheduled Caste (15%) and Scheduled Tribe (7.5%) candidates in each Course. Admission against these seats will be made provided the candidate has passed the Qualifying Examination and appeared in the Entrance Test.
Every SC/ST candidate shall have to submit a self attested copy of the Certificate mentioning that the candidate belongs to SC/ST community. Such certificates shall be subject to verification from the concerned District Magistrate. The following are empowered to issue the certificate:
- District Magistrate/Additional District Magistrate/Collector/Deputy Commissioner/Addl. Deputy Commissioner/ Deputy Collector/1 st Class Stipendiary Magistrate/ City Magistrate/Sub-Divisional Magistrate/Taluka Magistrate/ Executive Magistrate/Extra Assistant Commissioner.
- Chief Presidency Magistrate/Addl. Chief Presidency Magistrate/Presidency Magistrate.
- Revenue Officer not below the rank of Tehsildar.
- Sub-Divisional Officer of the area where the candidate and/or his family normally resides.
- Administrator/Secretary to the Administrator/ Development Officer (Lakshadweep Islands).
Candidates must note that Certificate from any other person/authority shall not be accepted in any case. If the candidate happens to belong to SC or ST, his/her caste/tribe must be listed in the appropriate Govt. of India schedule. The Caste Certificate should clearly state:
- Name of his/her caste/tribe
- whether he/she belongs to SC or ST
- District and the State or Union Territory of his/her usual place of residence and
- the appropriate Govt. of India schedule under which his/her caste/tribe is approved by it as SC or ST.
However, if an SC/ST candidate seeks admission under some other category (for example: PC/Employee Ward etc.) the candidate should satisfy the minimum eligibility requirement for that category.
Other Backward Classes (OBCs):
27% Reservation to candidates belonging to OBC category (excluding under creamy layer) will be provided in different courses. The authorities to issue the OBC certificate are the same as in case of SC/ST provided. The caste in the OBC certificate will be those only which are in the list of Central Govt. Further the OBC certificate should clearly mention that the candidate is not under creamy layer. However, if an OBC candidate seeks admission under some other category (for example: PC/Employee Ward etc.) the candidate should satisfy the minimum eligibility requirement for that category.
3% seats shall be reserved for Physically Challenged Candidates: Visually Impaired (1%)+ Hearing Impaired (1%) + Orthopaedically Handicapped (1%) (on horizontal reservation basis). Such candidates will have to submit a self attested copy of Disability Certificate issued by the District CMO with the Application Form. The candidates called for Counseling for possible provisional admission will be examined by a Medical Board constituted by BHU and if necessary, will be referred by the Medical Board to other recognized bodies for the purpose, as per criteria fixed by the University. The decision of the Medical Board constituted by BHU will be final. The Entrance Test for Blind candidates will be held at Varanasi Centre only.
‘Writer’ for Blind Candidates:
‘Writer’ will be provided by the University to each blind candidate. The qualifications of ‘writers’ shall be decided by the University. Such a candidate is required to apply for ‘writer’ to the Controller of Examinations on the prescribed application form for the purpose at least 15 days prior to the date of the Entrance Test. For this purpose, the candidate has to collect the form from the Office of the Controller of Examinations, and submit the same affixing a passport size photograph similar to that affixed on the application form. Such candidate will have to appear before the Head, Department of Ophthalmology for clinical examination and his opinion/recommendation will be considered before providing ‘writer’. All the blind candidates will be accommodated at one Centre at Varanasi only.
Note: Wherever the number of seats is small, the University will have the right to combine some of the groups to calculate the number of seats for reserved categories.
Consideration of Reserved Category Meritorious Candidates as General Candidates:
In a course, if the merit of a reserved category candidate is more than or equal to the merit of the last admitted general candidate in that course, the reserved category candidate will be treated as general candidate in that course. Provided further that if a meritorious reserved category candidate is admitted by relaxing the general qualifying standards (minimum eligibility requirement and/or age) or is admitted to a higher preferred course (allotment of Honours subject, Subject combination, Specialization, if any) which he/she would not have got by remaining under the general category, then his/her admission shall be adjusted against the concerned reserved category quota and the consequential vacancy created in the general category shall be filled up by a general category candidate in order of merit.
BHU PET M.A. in Mass Communication Application FAQ
1) Is it compulsory to do all the steps mentioned for applying online in a single sitting?
You should create the login details ie user-id and password in one sitting. The password will be sent to you by email. In the second stage you should login using the login details received in your email and then change your password.
Now in the next step you should re-login using the new password and fill the remaining part of the application in one sitting.
2) I forgot to note down my Registration number during the Candidate registration process. How can I get the Registration number?
Login to your home page. There you will get all details about your application.
3) I forgot my password. What is the procedure to retrieve the password?
Using the link ‘Forgot Your Password’ in online application, you can reset your password. User name, DOB, email-id, Security Question and answer to it should be provided for resetting the password.
4) I have successfully submitted the application and remitted the application fee. But I cannot download my Registration Confirmation Page.
Registration Confirmation Page will be available for download in your home page immediately after your application is approved. Please check your application status.
5) What is PET?
PET means ‘Postgraduate Entrance Test’. You can appear in PET after Graduation with 50% marks. for more eligibility criteria please read BHU PET Bulletin.
6) How Can i take admission in BHU?
You can take admission through an entrance test that is called UET/PET/RET/SET.
7) How can i apply for these tests?
Application procedure starts in February-March of every year. All application procedure is online now. so you have to fill up a online application form at official website to appear in these tests after availability of application form.
8) What is the mode of payment for application form for M.A in (Mass Communication) Banaras Hindu University (BHU)?
There are various mode of payment for application form for M. A in(Mass Communication) Banaras Hindu University (BHU). A student can pay by online using credit card/ debit card. If a student wants the application form and prospectus by Demand Draft in favor of "Banaras Hindu University" payable at any HDFC bank.
9) Is it compulsory to have an Email-ID and Mobile number?
Yes, Email-ID and mobile number are mandatory for all candidates. Active Email-ID and mobile number of parents can also be used.
10) I want to know basic things about BHU?
You Want to know about BHU? just click on these following links:
- Banaras Hindu University
- Take a tour: Videos.
11) I am not able to upload the photo. What is the reason?
Photo to be uploaded should have the specified dimensions and size. Upload your recent passport size (color) photograph (132 x 170 pixels with the file size between 4 KB and 100 KB) and signature (132 x 57 pixels with file size between 1 KB and 30 KB). Refer the link "Uploading Photo & Sign" in the Application Portal.
12) Shall I send the confirmation page to the University?
No. You need not send any document to the University unless otherwise specifically mentioned in your application status page.
13) How to obtain the Admit card after registering for BHU PET ?
After registering for BHU PET , the Admit card may be downloaded from the official website of the university .
List of BHU PET M.A. in Mass Communication 2017 Centers (Expected)
|State||City||Mode of Exam|