Start saving your
Create a free Profile now.
Courses & Exams
News & Articles
Online | National Level Exam
Application Fee - Female - Rs.2250 | Male - Rs.2750
Dec 29, 2016
Dec 29, 2016
Admit Card Date
Apr 15, 2017
Apr 15, 2017
May 16, 2017
May 16, 2017
Jul 01, 2017
Jul 01, 2017
How to Apply for BITSAT 2017
Candidates who wish to appear for BITSAT, need to apply for this engineering entrance through an online form, available on the official website of BITS Pilani.
- The prescribed fee for BITSAT-2017 is Rs. 2750/- (two thousand seven hundred fifty) for male candidates and Rs. 2250/- (two thousand two hundred fifty) for female candidates.
- If a candidate chooses Dubai as a test center the application fee for both male and female candidates will be same and will be the US $60 (or Indian Rs. 4000/-).
Instructions for filling the online Application:-
- Candidates can fill the Application Form of BITSAT by clicking on "Allow me to Apply Online" Button at the bottom of the Online Application Form of BITSAT.
- Candidates have to register by entering their following personal details:
- Full Name
- Date of Birth (DD-MM-YYYY)
- Email Id
- Payment of Fees : - The application fee is non-refundable. Candidates have to pay their fees through either of the following methods:
- Payment by Credit Cards and Debit Cards (All credit & Debit cards issued by Master and Visa) using Online Payment Gateway. More details are available on the payment page.
- Payment through Net Banking enabled accounts of Indian banks using Online Payment Gateway: Participating banks list is displayed for candidates to choose any of the payment modes.
- By cash payment at all ICICI Bank branches in India along with a specially generated Pay-in Slip: Applicants can choose to pay through Cash at ICICI Bank branches. For that, they have to download the specially designed Pay-in-slip from the website on the payments page and walk-in to any ICICI bank branch along with cash. The bank shall deposit cash and give you a confirmation receipt for the same.
- Also, take the printout of the filled-in form for your future reference.
Eligibility for BITSAT 2017
- Candidates should have passed the 12th examination of 10+2 system from a recognized Central or State board or its equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics and adequate proficiency in English.
- Candidate should have obtained a minimum of aggregate 75% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects (if he/she has taken Mathematics in BITSAT) or a minimum of aggregate 75% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects (if he/she has taken Biology in BITSAT) in 12th examination, with at least 60% marks in each of the Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics/ Biology subjects.
- Only Students who are appearing for 12th examination in 2017 or who have passed 12th Examination in 2016 are eligible to appear in the BITSAT-2017 test.
- If a candidate has taken more than one attempt in 12th class or its equivalent, only his latest performance is considered, provided this attempt has been for the full component of subjects/courses prescribed. Students who have passed the 12th examination in 2015 or earlier are NOT eligible to appear in BITSAT-2017. Students who are presently studying in BITS at any of its campuses are not eligible to appear in BITSAT-2017.
Direct Admission to Board Toppers:
- Students who obtained first ranks in their respective board examinations. This has given a very vital input of highly meritorious students from all over India.
- First rank students of all the central and state boards in India for the year will be given direct admission to the program of their choice, irrespective of their BITSAT score as per the eligibility criteria mentioned above. Further details about this scheme will be available at BITS admission website by 20th May, 2017.
BITSAT 2017 Important Instructions
- The tests are generated from a large question bank and different candidates will get different question sets.
- An expert committee will ensure that the question sets are of comparable difficulty level, content, question type etc.
- In this matter, the decision of the expert committee will be final and binding on the candidate.
- The Institute is planning to operate test centers in different cities other than Pilani, Goa and Hyderabad campuses of BITS as previously stated. The final list of centers and actual days of operation will be announced to candidates through the BITS Offical website.
- The Institute cannot guarantee that test X centers will be set up in all these cities.
- Further, the Institute reserves the right to cancel any test center if such a situation arises.
- In such cases, those candidates allotted to these centers will be accommodated in alternate test centers including Pilani/Goa/Hyderabad campuses of BITS.
- While BITSAT tests are scheduled to be held during the period 14th May –28th May, some of the test centers may operate only for a limited duration during this period depending on the number of applications received.
- The final list of the centers will be announced at BITS website after all the applications are received.
- The preferences that you give are only indicative and are to guide the Institute for deciding the number of centers. The Institute cannot guarantee that you will get your first preference. Further, if the Institute is unable to allot any center of your choice, you will be allotted a center either at Pilani or at Goa or at Hyderabad campuses of BITS.
- The exact center where you will be appearing for the test will be announced at BITS Offical website.
- However, the Institute will try its best to accommodate all female candidates at their first preference of test centers.
- Candidates who are allotted test centers in Pilani/Goa/Hyderabad campuses of BITS may be given accommodation on nominal charges in hostels.
- The candidate must fully obey the rules of the test centers; otherwise, he/she will be automatically debarred from the test.
- A candidate can apply online only once for BITSAT. However, if a candidate completes the application form along with fee but discovers any mistake in the form submitted by him/her, he/she can edit the same during March 6-7.
- In addition to applying for and appearing in BITSAT, candidates have to also apply for admission to BITS as per the ‘Procedure for applying for Admission’ outlined earlier. The prescribed application form for admission will be available at the BITS website, by 20th May, for those who appear in BITSAT. The completed form with the required application fee has to be submitted so as to reach the Admissions Office on or before 5.00 PM.
- All information and communications regarding BITSAT and Admission to BITS are made available to the registered candidates on the BITS Offical website.
- Candidates are advised to view the BITS website regularly for all related information on BITSAT and BITS Admissions.
- In all matters in the conduct of BITSAT, the decision of the Vice Chancellor of BITS will be final
- All disputes pertaining to BITSAT shall fall within the jurisdiction of Pilani only.
List of BITSAT 2017 Centers (Expected)
|State||City||Mode of Exam|