Dec 29, 2016
Apr 15, 2017
May 16, 2017
Jul 01, 2017
BITSAT 2017 - Application Steps
How to Apply for BITSAT 2017
Note: If a candidate chooses Dubai as a test center the application fee for both male and female candidates will be same and will be the US $ 50 (or Indian Rs. 3000/- ).
Eligibility for BITSAT 2017
- Candidates should have passed the 12 th examination of 10+2 system from a recognized Central or State board or its equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics and adequate proficiency in English.
Admissions to all the programmes are subject to the conditions given below:
- The candidate should have obtained a minimum of aggregate 75% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects (if he/she has taken Mathematics in BITSAT) or a minimum of aggregate 75% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects (if he/she has taken Biology in BITSAT) in 12 th examination, with at least 60% marks in each of the Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics/ Biology subjects.
- Only Students who are appearing for 12th examination in 2017 or who have passed 12th Examination in 2016 are eligible to appear in the BITSAT-2017 test. If a candidate has taken more than one attempt in 12 th class or its equivalent, only his latest performance is considered, provided this attempt has been for the full component of subjects/courses prescribed. Students who have passed 12th examination in 2015 or earlier are NOT eligible to appear in BITSAT-2017. Students who are presently studying in BITS at any of its campuses are not eligible to appear in BITSAT-2017.
- Admissions will be made purely on merit. The merit position of the candidate for admission will be based on the score obtained by the candidate in the BITSAT. However, their eligibility for admission is subject to fulfilling the requirement of minimum marks in 12th examination, as mentioned above.
Direct Admission to Board Toppers:
- In the past, admission process of the Institute always ensured guaranteed admission to all the students who obtained first ranks in their respective board examinations. This has given a very vital input of highly meritorious students from all over India. First rank students of all the central and state boards in India for the year will be given direct admission to the program of their choice, irrespective of their BITSAT score as per the eligibility criteria mentioned above. Further details about this scheme will be available at BITS admission website by 20th May, 2017.
Marks: Aggregate 75% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects.
BITSAT 2017 Important Instructions
- The tests are generated from a large question bank and different candidates will get different question sets.
- An expert committee will ensure that the question sets are of comparable difficulty level, content, question type etc.
- In this matter, the decision of the expert committee will be final and binding on the candidate.
- The test assumes that the candidate has the basic familiarity with computers, keyboard and mouse operation. It is the responsibility of the candidate to acquire these skills before appearing in the test and the Institute cannot take responsibility for the same.
- The Institute is planning to operate test centers in different cities other than Pilani, Goa and Hyderabad campuses of BITS as previously stated. The final list of centers and actual days of operation will be announced to candidates through the BITS Offical website.
- The Institute cannot guarantee that test X centers will be set up in all these cities.
- Further, the Institute reserves the right to cancel any test center if such a situation arises.
- In such cases, those candidates allotted to these centers will be accommodated in alternate test centers including Pilani/Goa/Hyderabad campuses of BITS.
- While BITSAT tests are scheduled to be held during the period 14th May –28th May, some of the test centers may operate only for a limited duration during this period depending on the number of applications received.
- The final list of the centers will be announced at BITS website after all the applications are received.
- The preferences that you give are only indicative and are to guide the Institute for deciding the number of centers. The Institute cannot guarantee that you will get your first preference. Further, if the Institute is unable to allot any center of your choice, you will be allotted a center either at Pilani or at Goa or at Hyderabad campuses of BITS.
- The exact center where you will be appearing for the test will be announced at BITS Offical website.
- However, the Institute will try its best to accommodate all female candidates at their first preference of test centers.
- Candidates who are allotted test centers in Pilani/Goa/Hyderabad campuses of BITS may be given accommodation on nominal charges in hostels.
- The candidate must fully obey the rules of the test centers; otherwise, he/she will be automatically debarred from the test.
- A candidate can apply online only once for BITSAT. However, if a candidate completes the application form along with fee but discovers any mistake in the form submitted by him/her, he/she can edit the same during March 6-7.
- In addition to applying for and appearing in BITSAT, candidates have to also apply for admission to BITS as per the ‘Procedure for applying for Admission’ outlined earlier. The prescribed application form for admission will be available at the BITS website, by 20th May, for those who appear in BITSAT. The completed form with the required application fee has to be submitted so as to reach the Admissions Office on or before 5.00 PM.
- All information and communications regarding BITSAT and Admission to BITS are made available to the registered candidates on the BITS Offical website.
- Candidates are advised to view the BITS website regularly for all related information on BITSAT and BITS Admissions.
- In all matters in the conduct of BITSAT, the decision of the Vice Chancellor of BITS will be final
- All disputes pertaining to BITSAT shall fall within the jurisdiction of Pilani only.
BITSAT 2017 Relaxation Policy
In the BITSAT -Exam Fee Section - Rs.2250/- for female candidates
List of BITSAT 2017 Centers (Expected)
|State||City||Mode of Exam|