Aug 08, 2016
Oct 24, 2016
Dec 04, 2016
Jan 09, 2017
CAT 2016 - Application Steps
Tentative CAT 2016 Exam Dates
|Admit Card Start Date||Oct 24, 2016|
|Test Date||Dec 04, 2016|
|Test Start Date||Dec 04, 2016|
|Admit Card End Date||Dec 04, 2016|
|Registration End Date||Sep 27, 2016|
|Test End Date||Dec 04, 2016|
|Test Results Date||Jan 09, 2017|
|Registration Start Date||Aug 08, 2016|
How to Apply for CAT 2016
You can register for CAT from the official CAT website between August and September.
Before you Register:-
Kindly follow the instructions below before you start registration for CAT .
- Check your eligibility for CAT by referring to the Eligibility document on the website.
- Ensure you have a valid and unique email address and mobile number.
- “*” (asterisk) indicates a mandatory field. The boxes marked with this symbol must be filled in or you will not be allowed to submit your application for CAT 2016.
- Gather all the information you will need for filling the form beforehand, such as:
- Educational history
- Mark sheets (10th /12th/ Degree/Diploma)
- Work Experience
- Applicable Certificates to upload
- Scanned images of your passport size photo and signature. (The photo should not be more than six months old and should have a white background)
- List of the IIM programmes to which you are applying
Registration steps are as follows:
- On creating a profile, your User ID will be sent by email and the Password shall be sent to the registered mobile number.
- Overseas candidates receive both User ID & Password on the registered email address.
- Using these credentials, you can log in as an Existing User to fill out the Application form.
- You need not complete the application in a single session.
- You can login multiple times to complete.
- You cannot edit any details on the Application form after you have made the online payment.
- However, after you submit the application, there will be a limited time window during which you can modify very limited details like Percentage of Marks scored, Work Experience, Programmes Selected etc.
- You will not be able to modify any of the following: any details entered in the Personal Details section, any details entered in the Academics section except the percentage marks scored, Exam Centre City Preferences.
- You can only view and print after this. Details are available on the application submission page
CAT 2016 Relaxation Policy
- As per the Government of India requirements, 15% of the seats are reserved for Scheduled Caste (SC) and 7.5% for Scheduled Tribe (ST) candidates. 27% of seats are reserved for Other Backward Classes candidates belonging to the “non - creamy” layer (NC - OBC).
- For all caste based reservations, the castes included in the Central Govt. list as on the last date of registration shall be used. For an updated central list of state - wise OBCs eligible for availing the benefit of reservation and information in respect of the creamy layer
- In case of NC - OBC category, the castes included in Central List of NC - OBC by the National Commission of Backward Classes, Government of India as on last day of registration will be used. Any subsequent changes will not be effective for CAT 2015 unless there is a change made by the Central Government or judiciary with retrospective effect.
As per the provision under section 39 of the PWD Act, 1995, 3% seats are reserved for Differently Abled (DA) candidates. The three categories of disability are:
- Low vision blindness
- Hearing impairment
- Loco motor disability/cerebral palsy
Note* - This provision is applicable if the candidate suffers from any of the listed disabilities to the extent of not less than 40%, as certified by a medical authority as prescribed and explained in the said Act.
- The candidates belonging to categories for which seats are reserved need to note and read the eligibility requirements carefully before applying. It should be noted that while it is the endeavour of IIMs that the candidates belonging to SC/ST/PWD/Non-Creamy OBC categories join the Programme in proportions mandated by the law, they have to meet the minimum eligibility criteria and a certain minimum level of performance in the admission process.
Note for SC/ST, NC-OBC, and DA Candidates:-
If you belong to SC or ST categories, your caste/ tribe must be listed on the Government of India schedule. The caste certificate that you submit to IIM should be in the Government approved format and should clearly state:
- Name of your caste/tribe
- Whether you belong to Scheduled Caste or Scheduled Tribe;
- District and the State or Union Territory of your ordinary residence
- The appropriate Government of India schedule under which your caste/tribe is approved by it as Scheduled Caste or Scheduled Tribe
- A copy of the SC/ST and /or PWD (DA) certificate(s) must be uploaded at the time of CAT Application registration. Failure to upload a copy of the caste/ class certificate will result in the rejection of your CAT registration
- The SC/ST and/or PWD (DA) certificate(s) must be shown and a photocopy should be submitted at the time of interviews. Moreover, the certificate(s) must be submitted at the time of joining programmes of any of the IIMs
- If you belong to the Non - Creamy Other Backward Classes (NC - OBC), you must produce the NC - OBC certificate duly signed by the competent authority and enclose its photocopy at the time of interviews. Moreover, the certificate must be submitted at the time of joining programmes of any of the IIMs. Failure to do so during the post Cpost-CATtion process will result in you not being considered under the reserved category.
List of CAT 2016 Centers (Expected)
|State||City||Mode of Exam|