CEED (CEED - 2017)
Oct 17, 2016
Jan 22, 2017
Mar 10, 2017
CEED 2017 - Application Steps
Eligibility for CEED 2017
CEED 2017 Important Instructions
- Reporting time: Candidates should report at the examination center at 08:00 hrs (120 minutes before the scheduled commencement of the examination).
- This is to record the biometric information (thumb impression and photograph) before appearing for the examination. Identity proof: The candidate should also bring a photo identity proof (original) along with the admit card to the examination centre. Candidates will not be admitted to the examination centre without a proper admit card and an identity proof (college issued identity card, passport, driving license, PAN card, Voter ID or Aadhaar card).
- Candidates must bring their own pencils, sketch pens, poster colors and other drawing materials for the examination.
- Candidates should not bring drawing sheets to the examination hall.
- Electronic gadgets such as mobile phones, calculators, etc. are NOT allowed in the examination hall. Use of any electronic gadget will make the candidate disqualified.
- The seating arrangement will be displayed on the notice board of the examination centre.
CEED Application FAQ
1) What is CEED Exam ?
CEED (Common Entrance Examination for Design) is an all India examination conducted by the Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay (IIT, Bombay), on behalf of the Ministry of Human Resources Development, Department of Education, Government of India. CEED is a qualifying examination for admission to Post Graduate M.Des. programmes at the Industrial Design Centre (IIT Bombay), Instrument Design and Development Centre (IIT Delhi), Centre for Product Design and Manufacturing (IISc Bangalore) and Design Programme (IIT Kanpur). For IIT Kanpur GATE is also a qualifying examination. Candidates also have to fulfill other requirements such as tests & interviews of the respective institutions for admission.
2) What is the procedure for applying ONLINE ?
CEED application form must be submitted Online only through the official website.
3) What is the mode of payment of application fee for CEED ?
Application Fee (non-refundable) is INR 2200 for Men General/OBC category Applicants, INR 1100 for SC/ST/PwD candidates and all women candidates. The fees can be paid through Internet banking, Credit card or Debit card.
4) Do I need to paste photograph and put signature on my application?
No. Since the application would be submitted online, you need to upload photograph and signature in JPG format as instructed in online application process.
5) Do I need to post my application and attachments?
No. Do not send the printed copy of your application and enclosures. Candidates have to upload scanned copies of additional supporting documents in PDF format (degree certificates /marksheets / category certificates / PwD certificates, and experience certificate in the case of candidates with GD Arts qualification), if the candidate has more than one experience certificate, scan all of them and create a single pdf file and then upload.
6) After submission of application, am I permitted to change my Examination City?
Requests for change of Examination City may be permitted if a request with a valid reason for the same is received in the office of the Chairperson, CEED 2016, IIT Bombay, Powai, Mumbai – 400 076 on or before 26th October, 2015 along with a Demand Draft of 500/- drawn in favour of “Registrar, IIT Bombay”, on any Nationalized Bank, payable at Mumbai. The decision of the Chairperson, CEED, in this regard will be final.
7) When and how will I know the status of my application?
You have to login with the email id and password you used to enter the application form. Applicants are advised to visit CEED webpage often to check the status of their application.
8) When will I receive my admit card?
Admit Card can only be downloaded from the CEED Application website from DECEMBER 29–JANUARY 21. Sending Admit Cards by post has been discontinued. Bring a printout of the Admit Card at the test center along with at least one original (not photocopied/scanned copy) and valid (not expired) photo identification. ONLY the following photo identifications are permitted: Driving license, Passport, PAN Card, Voter ID, College ID, or Aadhar UID. Photocopies of the original identification document are not acceptable. Candidates will not be permitted to take the test if original and valid photo identification is not presented.
9) What are the items I can carry to the examination hall?
List of allowable and non-allowable items are mentioned below:
- Sketch Pens
- Poster Colours
- Other Drawing Materials
- Mobile Phone
- Any Electronic Gadgets
- Blank Papers
- Clip Boards
10) Is it mandatory to have a colour print out of the admit card or black and white copy is also valid?
Candidates should take a colour copy of their admit card before coming to the examination centre.
11) Am I allowed to leave the Examination Hall during the Test?
Candidates will not be allowed to leave the Examination Hall for any reason during the test. Candidates are allowed to leave the hall only after the Computer based test is completed and Question-Cum-Answer-Booklet from all the candidates in the examination hall have been collected and accounted for.
12) Will there be any arrangement at the Test Center for the safe keeping of my personal items such as my mobile phone?
No such arrangements will be possible at the Test Center. You have to make your own arrangements for safe keeping.
13) I forgot my registration number/ application number which is needed for viewing application status, printing Admit card. What should I do?
- Check the hard copy print out. This contains the application number. Your application number also has been sent as an SMS to your registered mobile number.
- You can also Login to the CEED Application website with the email you registered with. All the application details will be available there.
- If you forget the password, click on the “Forgot password” link.
- If you forget the email address, first try to enter other email addresses you may have.
- As a last resort, you can send an email to ceedoffice[at]iitb.ac.in with the following information: (A) Your full name (B) Date of birth (c) Registered mobile number.
14) I would like to change some of the entries that I made in the online admissions website. Is this possible?
If you wish to change any information (e.g. date of birth, name/surname, phone number, Category) after successful submission of your application form, please send an email to ceedoffice[at]iitb.ac.in and a written request to Chairman, CEED, Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, Mumbai 400 076 , along with necessary documents, and mentioning your application number. However email Id and Mobile numbers cannot be changed.
List of CEED 2017 Centers (Expected)
|State||City||Mode of Exam|
|Andhra Pradesh||Hyderabad||Both Online and Pen & Paper|
|Assam||Guwahati||Both Online and Pen & Paper|
|Bihar||Patna||Both Online and Pen & Paper|
|Chandigarh||Chandigarh||Both Online and Pen & Paper|
|Chhattisgarh||Raipur||Both Online and Pen & Paper|
|Gujarat||Ahmedabad||Both Online and Pen & Paper|
|Karnataka||Bengaluru||Both Online and Pen & Paper|
|Kerala||Kozhikode||Both Online and Pen & Paper|
|Madhya Pradesh||Indore||Both Online and Pen & Paper|
|Maharashtra||Mumbai||Both Online and Pen & Paper|
|Maharashtra||Nagpur||Both Online and Pen & Paper|
|Maharashtra||Pune||Both Online and Pen & Paper|
|Orissa||Bhubaneshwar||Both Online and Pen & Paper|
|Rajasthan||Jaipur||Both Online and Pen & Paper|
|Tamil Nadu||Chennai||Both Online and Pen & Paper|
|Uttar Pradesh||Kanpur||Both Online and Pen & Paper|
|West Bengal||Kolkata||Both Online and Pen & Paper|
|Kerala||Thiruvananthapuram||Both Online and Pen & Paper|
|Delhi||Delhi||Both Online and Pen & Paper|
the most popular courses across India, at one place
Create a free Profile now.
the most popular exams across India, at one place