May 08, 2016
Jul 10, 2016
Jul 17, 2016
Jul 31, 2016
CENTAC MBA 2016 - Application Steps
Eligibility for CENTAC MBA 2016
Aspiring candidates should possess a bachelor's degree in any discipline with at least 50% marks (45% for candidates belonging to the reserved category) in the same.
Candidates who have appeared for their final semester graduation exams and awaiting results can also apply for the programme.
Marks- minimum of 50% marks in bachelor's degree
Relaxation policy (if any)- 45% for candidates belonging to the reserved category
CENTAC MBA 2016 Important Instructions
Candidates applying for the courses should submit separate applications for each stream with necessary Xerox copies of the certificates.
Application fees should be paid only through on-line (Credit cards/Debit cards/NEFT). No, another option is provided. Payment details will be provided in the CENTAC website www.centaconline.in
Candidates are asked to submit the latest/updated certificates, particularly the Residence and Community certificates.
Certificates once submitted are the final and further changes/modification would not be entertained.
Candidates having the Permanent Integrated Certificate (PIC) should update their certificate from the Revenue authorities at the time of submission of the filled applications, if not it will be rejected.
Special categories like Freedom fighter (FF) and Wards of Ex(service man)/Physically challenged (PH) should produce the latest certificate from the concerned authorities. For example, FF from Freedom fighters cell, Ex-service man certificate from Sainik Welfare board and PH certificate from the Medical Superintendent, Government of General Hospital.
Options once exercised with regard to course/community/region/special category shall not be changed under any circumstances.
CENTAC MBA 2016 Relaxation Policy
- Reservation will be followed as per Government of Puducherry order from time to time.
- Only the Residents of Puducherry are eligible to apply for admission.
CENTAC MBA Application FAQ
1) Tell me something about Centralised Admission Committee MBA Entrance Test, Puducherry?
CENTAC MBA Entrance Exam Centralised Admission Committee Master of Business Administration Entrance Test acronym as CENTAC MBA ET is conducted for taking admission to Master of Business Administration (MBA) program for Pondicherry Engineering College (PEC) and government quota seats in the self-financing colleges in the Union Territory (UT), Puducherry.
2) How do I get the application form for admission?
- Candidates can obtain the application form from the official website .
- Application forms and information brochure can be obtained from PEC Credit Society, Pondicherry Engineering College, Puducherry-605014, in person on payment of Rs. 1000/- (for SC/ST candidates Rs. 500/-).
3) Which modes the payment can be done ?
The Application forms can also be obtained by sending a request to the Convenor, CENTAC-PG, Pondicherry Engineering College, Pondicherry-605014, by post along with two self-addressed slips (neatly typed or hand written) and a crossed Demand Draft for Rs.1000/- (Rs.1000/- towards the cost of application and Rs.65/- for postage).
- This amount is Rs.565/- for SC/ST Candidates – (Rs.500/- towards the cost of application and Rs.65/- for postage)], drawn in favour of the Convenor, CENTAC-PG payable at Pondicherry Payment by postal orders, cheques and money orders will not be accepted.
- The application forms can also be downloaded and can be submitted along with crossed Demand Draft for Rs.1000/- (Rs.500- for SC/ST candidates), which must be drawn in favour of the Convenor, CENTAC-PG payable at Pondicherry
- All filled-in application forms must be sent in the prescribed envelope, along with all necessary enclosures to “The Convenor, Centralised Admission Committee (CENTAC-MBA), Pondicherry Engineering College, Pondicherry-605014″, so as to reach latest by the 3rd of July 2015 before 05.00 pm.
- The candidates willing to submit their filled-in applications in person are requested to submit the same to the CENTAC-MBA Cell (Department of Mechanical Engineering), Pondicherry Engineering College, Pondicherry 605014.
4) Can I fill out the application with my initial or nickname ?
- You need to register your names and/or initials as mentioned in your graduation certificate only. No other names/initials would be accepted.
- Any other names/initials differing from graduation certificates should be accompanied by gazette notification for name change.
Those applying to the Bachelor’s course should ensure that they register their names and/or initials as mentioned in +2 or equivalent educational certificate.
5) What are the documents required ?
Here’s a list of documents you will need to submit:
- Scanned copy of all academic marks card and certificates**
b. 12th (10+2) marks sheet
c. Graduation or Diploma or Lateral entry to Engineering, etc*
- (File size for each certificate NOT to exceed 4MB)
- A digital signature. Sign on a blank white sheet, scan and upload scanned copy. (File size NOT to exceed 1MB)
- One colour passport-size (2 inch x 2 inch or 51mm x 51mm) photograph scanned (Maximum file size – 1MB). DO NOT sign across the photograph. Please ensure that it is a recent, high resolution photograph of you.
- ID proof (any of the following) — Passport/PAN Card/ Aadhaar Card/ Driving License/Voter ID. (File size NOT to exceed 4MB).
- Note: File format – .jpeg.
- Foreign Degree holders refer to this question
- Not applicable for students applying for Under Graduate programmes Online application form help details, can also be found here.
6) Is it necessary for me to apply online?
Yes, applying online is mandatory and the first step towards your enrollment. You are required to fill out all the fields in the application form. In case, any compulsory field is Not Applicable to you, please type out N/A in that field.
7) Do I need to print out the online application form and certificates ?
No, you do not need to print out the online application or scanned copy of your mark sheets/certificates/ID-proofs . You need to upload the required documents, these will be cross-checked at our end. A hard-copy will be maintained at the University Office.
Note: Incomplete/Not Eligible applications will be rejected, in such an event, the admissions team will inform you about the rejection. Admission is subject to submitting all the required documents as per the defined eligibility criteria.
8) Can I make a payment online ?
No, you cannot make a payment online.
9) When will I get my Admit Card ?
Admit card will be available for view and print in Second week of July(onwards). You will have to log onto the CENTAC website with your registered User ID. You will be eligible for an Admit Card only upon submission of online application form. You will receive an automated email confirmation upon successful submission from website.
10) How can I check if my online application has been received ?
You can find out whether the online components of your application have been received by visiting the Dashboard of the online application center. This page will indicate the status of your application. An email notification will also be sent to you within two weeks of submitting your application (or earlier if your application is sent at least one week before the application deadline). It will inform you as to whether your file is complete or if any components of your application are missing. It is therefore important that you check your email account regularly after the application deadline. Due to European Data Protection laws and our own confidentiality policy, our MBA Office is regrettably unable to give out any information over the phone about applications.
11) Does the exam take place online or do I need to go to an exam center ?
Exam takes place at a University designated exam center around the country. You can find the current list of exam centers. We offer different streams in Online MBA here. The format of the exam is subjective.
12) Can I switch exam center?
You are required to select an exam center at the time of filling out the online application. Switching Exam Centers is generally not permitted. Special cases are considered only on genuine grounds, but before the Exam Wing finalizes the Exam Centers lists. Thereafter no change would be permitted whatsoever. However, should you decide to change the exam center after you have submitted the online application, you need to place a special request with you can reach out to our student support team, who will guide you with the exam center switch process, if permitted by the Exam Wing.
13) What is the mode of conduction of Centralised Admission Committee MBA Entrance Test, Puducherry ?
Online or Computer based exam.
List of CENTAC MBA 2016 Centers (Expected)
|State||City||Mode of Exam|