Jul 15, 2017
Aug 06, 2017
Aug 13, 2017
Sep 03, 2017
CENTAC MBA 2017 - Application Steps
Tentative CENTAC MBA 2017 Exam Dates
|Admit Card Start Date||Aug 06, 2017|
|Test Date||Aug 13, 2017|
|Test Start Date||Aug 13, 2017|
|Admit Card End Date||Aug 13, 2017|
|Registration End Date||Aug 05, 2017|
|Test Results Date||Sep 03, 2017|
|Registration Start Date||Jul 15, 2017|
How to Apply for CENTAC MBA 2017
APPLICATION PROCEDURE FOR ADMISSION:-
- The application form for admission along with information Bulletin 2016-17 can be downloaded from the official website .
- The hardcopy of the downloaded application form, duly filled-in, shall be sent by post/courier or can be submitted in person to: The Convenor, CENTAC–PG, Pondicherry Engineering College, Puducherry – 605 014, along with two self-addressed stamped ( Six Rupees) envelopes and a crossed demand draft for Rs.1000/- and Rs.500/- for SC/ST Candidates, drawn in favour of The Convenor, CENTAC-PG, payable at Puducherry. Payment by cheques, postal orders and money orders will not be accepted.
- Candidates who have already appeared in the final semester/year of the qualifying examination and awaiting the results can also apply and appear for the entrance examination. However, they have to produce all the original mark sheets of all semesters / years along with the provisional certificate, at the time of counselling, failing which, they will not be allowed to participate in the counselling.
- Candidates seeking admission to more than one programme, have to submit separate application for each programme.
- The certificates of Nationality, Caste, Residence, Nativity, Reservation/Special Allocation claim need to be obtained from the respective authorities in the formats prescribed by the U.T. of Puducherry.
- Candidates claiming seats under sports quota are instructed to attach self-attested photocopies of the certificates.
- Only attested copies of the certificates need to be enclosed along with the application form. At the time of the counselling all the original certificates need to be produced for verification.
- Candidates are advised to carefully go through the Check List of the Application Form for admission before mailing the same to The Convenor, CENTAC-PG.
- Candidates are advised to staple or tag together the Application and all its enclosures and send to the office, in their own interest. Failure to follow this instruction may result in loss/damage to the documents being submitted, for which, CENTAC-PG will not be held responsible.
- Applications which are incomplete, defective, or received after the due date shall summarily be rejected and no correspondence whatsoever, shall be entertained in this regard.
CENTAC MBA 2017 Relaxation Policy
Out of the total sanctioned intake, 75% of the seats are reserved for candidates from U.T. of Puducherry and 25% of the seats reserved for candidates from other states/UTs, for the PG programmes offered in Pondicherry Engineering College. The reservation*in admission to various Post Graduate programmes offered by the Colleges run by U.T. of Puducherry and Unaided Private Professional colleges, are given below:
Scheduled Caste Candidates (SC):-
- Candidates claiming admission under this category should belong to a caste which is recognized as Scheduled Caste under “the Constitution (Pondicherry) Scheduled Castes Order 1964” dated 05.03.1964, read with “The Constitution (Scheduled Caste) orders (Second Amendment) Act 2002(Central Act 61 of 2002) and should enclose the required certificate issued by an Officer of the Department of Revenue & Disaster Management., Puducherry, not below the rank of Deputy Tahsildar.
- (*) Reservation for all the categories shall be carried out based on the G.Os. in vogue and as modified by the Government from time to time and on merit basis only.
- (**) Horizontal Reservation : Seats reserved/allocated under these categories will become operational, only if, the minimum number of seats earmarked for each of these categories are not filled up, under normal process of selection in any other category.
- Other Backward Classes (OBC), Most Backward Classes (MBC), Extreme Backward Classes (EBC), Backward Classes Muslims (BCM) and Backward Tribes (BT) :-Candidates Candidates claiming admission under these categories should enclose the recent OBC/MBC/EBC/BCM/BT certificate issued by an Officer of the Department of Revenue and Disaster Management, not below the rank of Deputy Tahsildar.
- Freedom Fighter Category (FF) Candidates:- Candidates claiming admission under this category should be: Children / Grand Children of Freedom Fighters, and they should enclose the necessary certificate issued by the Officer-in-charge, Freedom Fighters Cell, U.T. of Puducherry.
- Wards of Ex-service Men (EX) Candidates:- Those who are registered as Ex-servicemen in the Department of Sainik Welfare (DSW), Govt. of Puducherry, and have got Ex-servicemen/Widow of Ex-servicemen identity card from DSW, should enclose the necessary certificate issued by the Director, DSW, Puducherry.
- Physically Challenged Category (PH-Differently Abled):- The Candidates seeking admission under this category should produce a full size photograph exhibiting the deformity. The Physically Challenged candidates with ‘locomotor disorder of lower limbs between 40% and 70%’, are only eligible under the Physically Challenged/Handicapped quota.
- Meritorious Sports Person Category (SP):- Candidates claiming admission under sports category should have excellent caliber in sports and games, with consistency in sports activities.
The purpose of this quota is to recognize and give weightage to the sports merit of the candidates and hence marks for sports achievements alone, with good performance in sports events will be considered for selection.
List of CENTAC MBA 2017 Centers (Expected)
|State||City||Mode of Exam|