Centralised Admission Committee MBA Entrance Test, Puducherry (CENTAC MBA - 2017)
Jul 15, 2017
Aug 06, 2017
Aug 13, 2017
Sep 03, 2017
CENTAC MBA 2017 - Application Steps
How to Apply for CENTAC MBA 2017
APPLICATION PROCEDURE FOR ADMISSION:-
- The application form for admission along with information Bulletin 2016-17 can be downloaded from the official website .
- The hardcopy of the downloaded application form, duly filled-in, shall be sent by post/courier or can be submitted in person to: The Convenor, CENTAC–PG, Pondicherry Engineering College, Puducherry – 605 014, along with two self-addressed stamped ( Six Rupees) envelopes and a crossed demand draft for Rs.1000/- and Rs.500/- for SC/ST Candidates, drawn in favour of The Convenor, CENTAC-PG, payable at Puducherry. Payment by cheques, postal orders and money orders will not be accepted.
- Candidates who have already appeared in the final semester/year of the qualifying examination and awaiting the results can also apply and appear for the entrance examination. However, they have to produce all the original mark sheets of all semesters / years along with the provisional certificate, at the time of counselling, failing which, they will not be allowed to participate in the counselling.
- Candidates seeking admission to more than one programme, have to submit separate application for each programme.
- The certificates of Nationality, Caste, Residence, Nativity, Reservation/Special Allocation claim need to be obtained from the respective authorities in the formats prescribed by the U.T. of Puducherry.
- Candidates claiming seats under sports quota are instructed to attach self-attested photocopies of the certificates.
- Only attested copies of the certificates need to be enclosed along with the application form. At the time of the counselling all the original certificates need to be produced for verification.
- Candidates are advised to carefully go through the Check List of the Application Form for admission before mailing the same to The Convenor, CENTAC-PG.
- Candidates are advised to staple or tag together the Application and all its enclosures and send to the office, in their own interest. Failure to follow this instruction may result in loss/damage to the documents being submitted, for which, CENTAC-PG will not be held responsible.
- Applications which are incomplete, defective, or received after the due date shall summarily be rejected and no correspondence whatsoever, shall be entertained in this regard.
Eligibility for CENTAC MBA 2017
CENTAC MBA 2017 Important Instructions
- CENTAC-PG shall have the freedom to take functional and operational decisions for the conduct of Entrance Examination within the overall framework of the various Government Orders and as modified from time to time.
- CENTAC-PG may take decision to change the schedule, if such a necessity arises. Any change in schedule or other aspects of Entrance Examination shall be advertised in newspaper/(s) and also uploaded in the website .
- Candidates applying for the various programmes should submit separate applications for each programme with necessary Photo copies of the certificates.
- Candidates are asked to submit the latest/updated certificates, particularly, the Residence and Community certificates.
- Certificates once submitted are final and further changes/modification would not be
- entertained, under any circumstances.
- Candidates having the Permanent Integrated Certificate (PIC) should update their certificate from the Revenue authorities at the time of submission of the filled-in applications.
- Special categories like Freedom fighter (FF) and Wards of Ex(service man)/Physically challenged (PH) should produce the latest certificate from the concerned authorities. For example, FF from Freedom fighters cell, Ex-service man certificate from Sainik Welfare board and PH certificate
- from the Medical Superintendent, Government of General Hospital.
- Options once exercised with regard to Community/Nativity/special category shall not be changed under any circumstances.
CENTAC MBA 2017 Relaxation Policy
Out of the total sanctioned intake, 75% of the seats are reserved for candidates from U.T. of Puducherry and 25% of the seats reserved for candidates from other states/UTs, for the PG programmes offered in Pondicherry Engineering College. The reservation*in admission to various Post Graduate programmes offered by the Colleges run by U.T. of Puducherry and Unaided Private Professional colleges, are given below:
Scheduled Caste Candidates (SC):-
- Candidates claiming admission under this category should belong to a caste which is recognized as Scheduled Caste under “the Constitution (Pondicherry) Scheduled Castes Order 1964” dated 05.03.1964, read with “The Constitution (Scheduled Caste) orders (Second Amendment) Act 2002(Central Act 61 of 2002) and should enclose the required certificate issued by an Officer of the Department of Revenue & Disaster Management., Puducherry, not below the rank of Deputy Tahsildar.
- (*) Reservation for all the categories shall be carried out based on the G.Os. in vogue and as modified by the Government from time to time and on merit basis only.
- (**) Horizontal Reservation : Seats reserved/allocated under these categories will become operational, only if, the minimum number of seats earmarked for each of these categories are not filled up, under normal process of selection in any other category.
- Other Backward Classes (OBC), Most Backward Classes (MBC), Extreme Backward Classes (EBC), Backward Classes Muslims (BCM) and Backward Tribes (BT) :-Candidates Candidates claiming admission under these categories should enclose the recent OBC/MBC/EBC/BCM/BT certificate issued by an Officer of the Department of Revenue and Disaster Management, not below the rank of Deputy Tahsildar.
- Freedom Fighter Category (FF) Candidates:- Candidates claiming admission under this category should be: Children / Grand Children of Freedom Fighters, and they should enclose the necessary certificate issued by the Officer-in-charge, Freedom Fighters Cell, U.T. of Puducherry.
- Wards of Ex-service Men (EX) Candidates:- Those who are registered as Ex-servicemen in the Department of Sainik Welfare (DSW), Govt. of Puducherry, and have got Ex-servicemen/Widow of Ex-servicemen identity card from DSW, should enclose the necessary certificate issued by the Director, DSW, Puducherry.
- Physically Challenged Category (PH-Differently Abled):- The Candidates seeking admission under this category should produce a full size photograph exhibiting the deformity. The Physically Challenged candidates with ‘locomotor disorder of lower limbs between 40% and 70%’, are only eligible under the Physically Challenged/Handicapped quota.
- Meritorious Sports Person Category (SP):- Candidates claiming admission under sports category should have excellent caliber in sports and games, with consistency in sports activities.
The purpose of this quota is to recognize and give weightage to the sports merit of the candidates and hence marks for sports achievements alone, with good performance in sports events will be considered for selection.
CENTAC MBA Application FAQ
1) Tell me something about Centralised Admission Committee MBA Entrance Test, Puducherry?
CENTAC MBA Entrance Exam Centralised Admission Committee Master of Business Administration Entrance Test acronym as CENTAC MBA ET is conducted for taking admission to Master of Business Administration (MBA) program for Pondicherry Engineering College (PEC) and government quota seats in the self-financing colleges in the Union Territory (UT), Puducherry.
2) How do I get the application form for admission?
- Candidates can obtain the application form from the official website .
- Application forms and information brochure can be obtained from PEC Credit Society, Pondicherry Engineering College, Puducherry-605014, in person on payment of Rs. 1000/- (for SC/ST candidates Rs. 500/-).
3) Which modes the payment can be done ?
The Application forms can also be obtained by sending a request to the Convenor, CENTAC-PG, Pondicherry Engineering College, Pondicherry-605014, by post along with two self-addressed slips (neatly typed or hand written) and a crossed Demand Draft for Rs.1000/- (Rs.1000/- towards the cost of application and Rs.65/- for postage).
- This amount is Rs.565/- for SC/ST Candidates – (Rs.500/- towards the cost of application and Rs.65/- for postage)], drawn in favour of the Convenor, CENTAC-PG payable at Pondicherry Payment by postal orders, cheques and money orders will not be accepted.
- The application forms can also be downloaded and can be submitted along with crossed Demand Draft for Rs.1000/- (Rs.500- for SC/ST candidates), which must be drawn in favour of the Convenor, CENTAC-PG payable at Pondicherry
- All filled-in application forms must be sent in the prescribed envelope, along with all necessary enclosures to “The Convenor, Centralised Admission Committee (CENTAC-MBA), Pondicherry Engineering College, Pondicherry-605014″, so as to reach latest by the 3rd of July 2015 before 05.00 pm.
- The candidates willing to submit their filled-in applications in person are requested to submit the same to the CENTAC-MBA Cell (Department of Mechanical Engineering), Pondicherry Engineering College, Pondicherry 605014.
4) Can I fill out the application with my initial or nickname ?
- You need to register your names and/or initials as mentioned in your graduation certificate only. No other names/initials would be accepted.
- Any other names/initials differing from graduation certificates should be accompanied by gazette notification for name change.
Those applying to the Bachelor’s course should ensure that they register their names and/or initials as mentioned in +2 or equivalent educational certificate.
5) What are the documents required ?
Here’s a list of documents you will need to submit:
- Scanned copy of all academic marks card and certificates**
b. 12th (10+2) marks sheet
c. Graduation or Diploma or Lateral entry to Engineering, etc*
- (File size for each certificate NOT to exceed 4MB)
- A digital signature. Sign on a blank white sheet, scan and upload scanned copy. (File size NOT to exceed 1MB)
- One colour passport-size (2 inch x 2 inch or 51mm x 51mm) photograph scanned (Maximum file size – 1MB). DO NOT sign across the photograph. Please ensure that it is a recent, high resolution photograph of you.
- ID proof (any of the following) — Passport/PAN Card/ Aadhaar Card/ Driving License/Voter ID. (File size NOT to exceed 4MB).
- Note: File format – .jpeg.
- Foreign Degree holders refer to this question
- Not applicable for students applying for Under Graduate programmes Online application form help details, can also be found here.
6) Is it necessary for me to apply online?
Yes, applying online is mandatory and the first step towards your enrollment. You are required to fill out all the fields in the application form. In case, any compulsory field is Not Applicable to you, please type out N/A in that field.
7) Do I need to print out the online application form and certificates ?
No, you do not need to print out the online application or scanned copy of your mark sheets/certificates/ID-proofs . You need to upload the required documents, these will be cross-checked at our end. A hard-copy will be maintained at the University Office.
Note: Incomplete/Not Eligible applications will be rejected, in such an event, the admissions team will inform you about the rejection. Admission is subject to submitting all the required documents as per the defined eligibility criteria.
8) Can I make a payment online ?
No, you cannot make a payment online.
9) When will I get my Admit Card ?
Admit card will be available for view and print in Second week of July(onwards). You will have to log onto the CENTAC website with your registered User ID. You will be eligible for an Admit Card only upon submission of online application form. You will receive an automated email confirmation upon successful submission from website.
10) How can I check if my online application has been received ?
You can find out whether the online components of your application have been received by visiting the Dashboard of the online application center. This page will indicate the status of your application. An email notification will also be sent to you within two weeks of submitting your application (or earlier if your application is sent at least one week before the application deadline). It will inform you as to whether your file is complete or if any components of your application are missing. It is therefore important that you check your email account regularly after the application deadline. Due to European Data Protection laws and our own confidentiality policy, our MBA Office is regrettably unable to give out any information over the phone about applications.
11) Does the exam take place online or do I need to go to an exam center ?
Exam takes place at a University designated exam center around the country. You can find the current list of exam centers. We offer different streams in Online MBA here. The format of the exam is subjective.
12) Can I switch exam center?
You are required to select an exam center at the time of filling out the online application. Switching Exam Centers is generally not permitted. Special cases are considered only on genuine grounds, but before the Exam Wing finalizes the Exam Centers lists. Thereafter no change would be permitted whatsoever. However, should you decide to change the exam center after you have submitted the online application, you need to place a special request with you can reach out to our student support team, who will guide you with the exam center switch process, if permitted by the Exam Wing.
13) What is the mode of conduction of Centralised Admission Committee MBA Entrance Test, Puducherry ?
Online or Computer based exam.
List of CENTAC MBA 2017 Centers (Expected)
|State||City||Mode of Exam|
the most popular courses across India, at one place
Create a free Profile now.
the most popular exams across India, at one place