Jan 01, 2017
Apr 20, 2017
May 14, 2017
May 29, 2017
CLAT 2017 - Application Steps
Tentative CLAT 2017 Exam Dates
|Admit Card Start Date||Apr 20, 2017|
|Test Date||May 14, 2017|
|Test Start Date||May 14, 2017|
|Admit Card End Date||May 07, 2017|
|Registration End Date||Mar 31, 2017|
|Test Results Date||May 29, 2017|
|Registration Start Date||Jan 01, 2017|
How to Apply for CLAT 2017
Procedure for filling up the Application Form for CLAT:
- Application form for CLAT shall be filled On-line only.
- The online application form has to be accessed from the CLAT website. The candidates are first required to register themselves at the website by creating a LOGIN account using an e-mail ID. The details of the login ID and password shall be then sent to the registered e-mail ID and through SMS to the registered mobile number of the candidate.
- The application form shall be available from 01st January. The candidate can fill up the required details in the application form and save the same before finally submitting it. No hard copy of the filled in online application form is to be sent to the CLAT Office.
- The candidate is advised to submit his/her application form only after he/she is required to absolutely sure of the information he/she provides in the form.
- The candidate shall fill his/ her preference order for all eighteen NLUs at the time of online application only. No change shall be allowed in the preference once the form is submitted by the candidate.
- For any information related to the eighteen NLUs, the candidate may refer to the e-brochure of the respective institutions which is be available at the CLAT website.
- The candidates must upload the self-attested scanned copies of the relevant certificates at the suitable places in the online application form.
- Admit Card/Hall ticket shall be downloaded by the candidate by logging into his/her LOGIN account from 20th April 2017. The candidates shall take a print out of Admit Card/Hall Ticket and carry the same to the Examination Hall. The candidates shall read the instructions on the Admit Card carefully and carry all the requisite documents to the Examination Hall.
- Candidates are advised to visit CLAT website regularly for updates.
- The application form, complete in all respects must be submitted on or before 31st March (11:59 PM). Incomplete application forms shall not be considered. The candidates shall fill and submit the application form well in time to avoid last minute hassles. CLAT Office or the organizing University shall in no case be responsible for any loss of information or inconvenience faced by the candidate.
- FOR NRI/NRI Sponsored seats, the applicants are advised to refer to the brochures of the concerned NLUs for more details. All NRI/NRI Sponsored Category candidates have to appear for the CLAT examination. However, the Foreign Nationals need not appear for the CLAT examination and they shall directly apply to the concerned universities.
Instructions carefully before filling in the Online Application Form:
CLAT online Application Processing System (CAPS):
The candidates can do most of their interactions with CLAT through the CAPS interface provided at CLAT website. Through CAPS, a candidate can register and apply for CLAT examination, check the status of the application, download the admit card, know the result and they can also download the result and score card.
An online interface is provided for applicant’s interaction with the CLAT Office. With this interface, an applicant can -
- Make Registration using “Register Yourself”.
- Fill the online application form.
- Upload photograph and signature and other documents, if any, in the appropriate place
- Pay the application fee by ONLINE mode only (Net Banking/Credit Card/Debit Card etc.).
- Download Admit Card.
- Download previous year question papers. (After the payment of requisite fee of 400/-).
- View Marks and CLAT Rank.
The login to this interface is through your Registered ID and Password. The Candidates are advised to keep this information safe and not disclose it to anyone.
Information/Document Requirements before filling online Application Form:
Before registering and logging in,the candidate is advised to keep the following information/documents ready:
- Personal information (Name, E-mail address, Mobile number, Date of Birth)
- Address for communication (including PIN Code)
- Essential Qualification details (Percentage of Marks/CGPA of Boards/ College/University information)
- Programme in which the candidate wishes to appear (UG Course or PG Course)
- Three choices of CLAT examination cities
- Front facing Passport size clear photograph of the Candidate with clear lenses (3.5 cms x 4.5 cms) [JPG Format, size not more than 100 KB].
- Signature of candidate [JPG Format, size not more than 100 KB]
- Scanned copy of SAP Certificatein PDF/JPG/JPEG format only (if applicable).
Step-1: Registration at CAPS:
1. A candidate who wishes to apply for CLAT examination is required to register on the CAPS website, by providing his/her name, father’s name, mother’s name, date of birth, a valid E-mail address, a working mobile number and a password.
2. Please note that Name of the Candidate, Date of birth, Father’s name, Mother’s name, Email Address and Mobile Number (10 digits) cannot be changed at the later stage; hence they must be carefully verified and confirmed before submission. For registration, the candidate is required to follow the following steps:
- The candidateis required to click on “Register Yourself” and fill his/her name as it appears in the ID Proof. The ID proof is required to be produced at the Entrance of the Examination Venue. The Candidate is required to fill parents’ names and date of birth carefully.
- The candidate is required to fill an E-mail address which he/she uses and checks frequently, as all communications to the candidate from CLAT may be sent to this E-mail address. The candidate must not use somebody else’s E-mail address and only one candidate can be registered with one E-mail address.
- The candidate should provide his/her personal mobile number because most of the communications may also be sent via SMS.
- Upon successful registration, an E-mail containing CAPS User ID and Password will be sent to the E-mail address and Mobile number provided by the candidate.
Step-2: Filling in the Application Form:
After User Id and Password is received, Candidate can apply online by logging into his/her LOGIN account. A Candidate can LOGIN by clicking on “Already Registered”, and login with User ID and Password sent to him / her on the registered email ID/Mobile. Candidate is required to keep the following information ready:
- Personal information (name, date of birth, personal mobile number, parent’s name,parent’s mobile number etc.)
- Address for Communication (including PIN code)
- Choice of CLAT Examination Cities
- Good quality front facing photograph of the Candidate with clear lenses (30 mm x 45 mm) (size not more than 100 KB, JPG/JPEG format) and Signature of the candidate (maximum 80 KB in JPG/JPEG format)
- Scanned copy of supporting document of SAP Certificate, if applicable,or any other, in PDF format only), Scribe Declaration form in case of SAP Candidates; For details, please refer to “supporting documents”)
- The CAPS website allows for saving partially filled in application form, logout and resume filling in by logging in again. Do not SUBMIT the application until it is filled completely.
- Incomplete applications shall not be considered.
- The candidate can now proceed to make the application fee payment. The details of the application fee are given below in “Payment of the Application Fee” section.
- The candidate should check for the correctness of the entered information and uploaded documents. If not satisfied, he/she can correct the entries and upload the files again. After ensuring that there is no error in the application form and all the relevant and valid documents are uploaded, the candidate must carefully read the declaration and accept the declaration before submitting the application. Once the candidate submits his/her application, then no further changes can be made to the application. After the application form is submitted, the candidate can view the submitted details.
- Any application which is incomplete in any respect and does not have the required valid documents will be summarily rejected. The candidates must take care to fill in the details in the application form correctly and must upload the correct and valid documents, including signatures and photographs. The candidates are advised to visit the 'FAQ' section on the CLAT Website. For any further assistance/queries candidates can email or call CLAT helpdesk.
Step-3: Payment of the Application Fee:
The application fee is non-refundable.
Unreserved/SAP/OBC/ any other category
Note: *The application fee can be paid only through Online. Additional bank charges may apply for the above transactions to be borne by the candidate.
Online Payment Mode:
- The candidate will be able to make the payment using his/her net-banking account/debit /credit cards or other payment options available on the payment gateway of the CLAT online application form. The charges may vary depending on the payment option.
- From the CLAT Online Application Interface, you will be redirected to a bank you choose.
- You will have to login with your bank’s Net banking (or Internet Banking) user ID and password.
- The fee amount and bank charges will be shown to you, and you have to confirm that the payment is for CLAT.
- Once you confirm, you will be redirected back to the CLAT Online Application Interface.
Step-4: Downloading the Application Form:
- After CAPS acknowledges the successful payment of the application fee through Online, the candidate will be able to download the complete filled in application form with fee payment details in PDF format. This file can be printed for the candidate's personal records and for further communications. Print out of the form is not required to be sent to CLAT Office.
- On the submission of application form, message will appear that the candidate has successfully submitted the application for CLAT.
Document Specifications Photograph Requirements:
- The candidates must pay attention to upload good quality photographs. Poor quality of photographs submitted will lead to rejection of their CLAT application, without any refund of the application fees. The CLAT admit card and score card will be generated with the photograph that was submitted along with the application form.
- The photograph must be in colour and must be taken in a professional studio.
- Ask the photo studio to provide the image in a JPEG format and also on a standard 3.5 cm × 4.5 cm print (Width x Height).
- Maximum pixel resolution for JPEG: 480 x 640 (100 KB) (Ask the studio to reduce it to this resolution if it is higher).
- File size should be less than or equal to 100 KB
- Minimum pixel resolution for JPEG: 240 x 320.
- Photograph must be taken with white or very light background.
- The photograph must have been taken on or after 30 th September 2016.
- In the photograph, the height of the face (between chin and the top of the forehead) should occupy about 50% of the height of the photograph.
- If the candidate normally wears spectacles, glare on glasses is not acceptable in his/her photo. Glare can be avoided with a slight downward tilt of the glasses or by removing the glasses for the photo shoot.
- The candidate must not wear spectacles with dark or tinted glasses, only clear glasses are permitted.
- Please draw a rectangular box of size 7 cm × 2 cm (Width x Height) on an A4 white paper. The candidate should put his/her signature with black or dark blue ink pen within this box.
- Get the signature digitally image scanned by a professional using a scanner, and get the image cropped to the box by the professional.
- Maintain 420 pixels in width and 120 pixels in height and of maximum 100 KB size.
- Only JPG / JPEG image formats will be accepted.
- The maximum pixel resolution for the image is 560 × 160.
- The minimum pixel resolution for the image is 280 × 80.
- Photographs of the signatures taken using mobile phone or digital cameras are not acceptable, and can result in disqualification of the application without any refund of the fee.
- For SAP candidates with any category of disability (viz., blindness or low vision, hearing impairment, locomotor disability, and/or cerebral palsy), benefit will be given to only those who have at least 40% permanent physical impairment with respect to a body part/system/extremity/whole body, etc. In order to avail concession under the SAP category, the candidates should upload a recently obtained valid SAP certificate.
- A SAP candidate, if needed, can take the assistance of a Scribe during the CLAT examination. Scribe is a person who can assist the SAP candidate by ONLY reading the instructions and the test paper displayed on the computer screen verbatim, and also in mouse-clicks, if the candidate is not able to do so. If the scribe is needed, then a SAP candidate should confirm the requirement of a scribe while filling up the application. SAP candidates are required to fill in a declaration form from the Scribe.
- Candidates are advised to check that they fulfil eligibility conditions, requisite marks, requisite grades,etc as stipulated in CLAT rules. CLAT office and organising University shall not be responsible for any inconvenience or loss caused.
- Appearing in CLAT does not confer on any candidate right to admission. Admission is subject to verification of documents, minimum qualifications and other eligibility conditions prescribed in CLAT rules.
CLAT 2017 Relaxation Policy
40% for SC/ST CLAT SEATS AND RESERVATION: The law entrance exam is conducted for admissions to as many as 2190 seats distributed among the participating 18 NLUs. The exam committee follows government rules and regulations for reservation criteria. Each NLU offers some seats to the reserved categories and are in accordance of the government regulations.
- Scheduled Castes – 15%
- Scheduled Tribes – 7.5%
- Other Backward Classes – 27%.
List of CLAT 2017 Centers (Expected)
|State||City||Mode of Exam|