Jan 20, 2017
Apr 15, 2017
Apr 30, 2017
May 29, 2017
CUSAT CAT 2017 - Application Steps
Tentative CUSAT CAT 2017 Exam Dates
|Admit Card Start Date||Apr 15, 2017|
|Test Date||Apr 30, 2017|
|Test Start Date||Apr 30, 2017|
|Admit Card End Date||Apr 30, 2017|
|Registration End Date||Feb 15, 2017|
|Test End Date||Apr 30, 2017|
|Test Results Date||May 29, 2017|
|Registration Start Date||Jan 20, 2017|
How to Apply for CUSAT CAT 2017
- Candidates should apply on-line and make the fee payment on or before the last dates prescribed.
- On-line applications shall be submitted only through the official web site
Steps for on-line application:-
- Creating a login ID – Login to the web site www.cusat.nic.in .Click on the link “New Candidate Registration” and enter correctly the candidates name, date of birth & age exactly as given in the qualifying certificate.
- Use a VALID E-mail ID and an active mobile phone number of the candidate or parent. Choose a User Name of your choice with at least 6 characters using alphabets and/or numbers only. Do write down the approved user name. Choose the correct options out of the 3 options given in the login creation page.
Note:-that the e-mail id & mobile number us ed for login creation will be known as the registered e-mail id/mobile number and all communications will be s ent to the s ame only.Therefore candidates are advis ed to write down the us er id and pas s word of their e-mail and us e only the mobile number in their cus tody and keep the s ame active till the end of admission procedures.
- A one-time password (OTP) will be sent to the registered E-mail ID and mobile number of the candidate. Candidate should login to the site website for the first time using this password and change the password immediately.
- Candidate will not be able to proceed further in the application procedure without the user name and pas sword. Hence candidates s hould write down and s ecure the s ame till the end of admission process.
- Login again using the user ID and Password and select the correct option from the 3 options listed on the left top corner and proceed till final submission following the instructions that appear on the screen.
- Payment of fee is possible only two working days after the on-line submission of application.
- There are three options for payment of fee:-
- Option 1: Download and print the chalan form of SBI or SBT from the home page of the candidate and present the same to any SBI branch or SBT branch (do not use SBI chalan at SBT counter and vice-versa) and make the payment at the bank counter.
- Option 2: This option can be exercised through any bank account in SBT or SBI with internet banking facility.
- Take a printout of the chalan of the bank (SBI or SBT as the case may be) through which on-line payment is to be m ade.
- Log-in to the on-line banking page. Click the link “ Third Party Transfer “and select the option “ Power Jyothi Fee Collection (PUL)”. Enter the “Fee Type” as entered in the chalan and submit. Enter y our date of birth as “ Validation Date “and register number as “ Fee Reference Number” both of which are printed in the chalan form.
- Option 3: Log in to the home page of the Candidate. Click on the option “Online Payment” and proceed.
- In this m ode, payment can be m ade either by using credit/debit card or through internet banking.
- There is no need of submitting any details of the fee payment on-line.But three working days after the paym ent of fees the canidates m ust make sure that the “application status” is “confirmed” and should take a print out of the “confirmation page”,which shall be signed by the candidate and parent and retained by the candidate. The same shall be kept in hand by the candidate for producing the same on demand during the time of Test/Interview/Group Discussion/Counseling/Admission. The confirmation page is the proof of successful submission of application.
- If by any chance the confirmation is not received after 3 days from the date of payment, it should be brought to the notice of the IRAA Unit of CUSAT immediately.
- After the final on-line submission further modifications are NOT possible and all further procedures will be absolutely based on the inputs given by the candidate during on-line submission.
- Therefore the candidate alone will be responsible for loss of any chance or candidature by way of wrong entries.
- No enquiry regarding lost/forgotten password or user ID or mobile number or Email ID will be entertained.
CUSAT CAT 2017 Relaxation Policy
State Merit Seats (SM):
- Out of the total approved seats of Self-financing B Tech Programmes 50% are earmarked as State Merit Seats with lower rate of fees. Keralites, as defined in this prospectus, and who have selected Keralite status in the on-line application alone can opt for State Merit Seats.
All India Merit Seats (AIM):
- Out of the total approved seats of Self-financing B Tech Programmes 40% seats are earmarked as All India Merit Seats with higher rate of fees. Both Keralite and Non-Keralite candidates can opt for AIM seats.
All India Quota (AIQ):
- For the regular B Tech Programmes viz.B Tech in (Naval Architecture and Ship Building), B Tech (Instrumentation Technology) and B Tech (Polymer Science Engineering) and for all programmes other than B Tech Programmes 10% of the total approved seats are earmarked as All India quota. Both Keralites and Non-Keralites are eligible to be considered against AIQ.
Non-Resident Indian Seats (NRI):
- Out of the total approved seats of B Tech self-financing programmes, 10% seats are set apart as NRI seats with a different fee structure. Similarly 10% of the total seats of LLB and LLM programmes and all undergraduate and post graduate programmes that do not require AICTE approval are reserved for NRI candidates on supernumerary basis. NRI Status is not essential to apply for these seats. Those who intend to be considered to NRI seats should choose NRI as special reservation and in the case of B Tech Programmes, shall invariably opt for AIM seats at the time of option registration. Candidates who applied as NRI shall be considered to SM seats only if they opt for the same as one of their choices during option registration and if they are eligible for the same.
- Besides communal reservation, specified numbers of seats are set apart under “Special Reservation” as detailed below. All applicants under this quota have to appear for the Common Admission Test/ Department Admission Test, as the case may be, unless otherwise specified.
- Physically challenged persons with minimum of 40% disability as certified by the Medical Board stipulated under relevant rules of Government of Kerala in the matter, are eligible for reservation. The certificate produced should be either in Malayalam or in English. 3% seats are reserved for physically challenged candidates for all B.Tech courses, except B.Tech Marine Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Naval Architecture & Ship Building, Instrumentation, Polymer Science & Engineering and Safety & Fire Engineering. One seat each for all other academic programmes except M.Sc. (Industrial Fisheries) is reserved for physically challenged candidates. The seats allotted to physically challenged candidates are supernumerary in nature. A certificate of disability in original from the District Medical Board certifying the percentage of disability issued not earlier than 12 months prior to the date of counseling / GD / interview / admission, whichever is earlier, has to be produced by the candidate. The percentage of disability shall not be an index for gaining eligibility / admission. Admission shall be based on merit of the candidates. A medical board constituted by the University will examine individual cases prior to admission. The decision of the board will be final.
- Reservation for Blind candidates is applicable only for MA (Hindi) and LLM programmes. The certification requirement is same as applicable to the Physically Challenged (detailed above)
Sponsorship from Lakshadweep Administration:
- One supernumerary seat under All India Merit quota is reserved in each BTech Programmes of SOE and CUCEK for candidates from Lakshadweep who are sponsored by Lakshadweep Administration. The candidates will be ranked among them on the basis of their rank in JEE conducted by the CBSE in the current year.
Candidates from Jammu & Kashmir:
- Two seats under supernumerary quota are reserved in the University for students from Jammu & Kashmir for general courses as stipulated by the University Grants Commission (UGC). Candidates authorised by AICTE only will be admitted to these seats. Interested candidates may check AICTE website and act according to the instructions given there of.