Jan 20, 2017
Apr 15, 2017
Apr 30, 2017
May 29, 2017
How to Apply for CUSAT CAT 2017
Candidates should apply online, make fee payment and complete all the required steps on or before the last dates prescribed for each.
Online applications shall be submitted only through the official website. No hard copies shall be sent to the University by post.
The online application submission is a two-stage process:-
- In the first stage, the candidate should submit a few basic details such as Name, Date of Birth, a valid and active email-id, an active mobile phone no, etc correctly so as to create their login credentials. Email-id thus given will serve as your User-id and an OTP (One Time Password) will be sent to the candidate by email/SMS.
- In the second stage, the candidate should log in using this user-id (email-id) and OTP. Immediately they will be asked to change their password. Now submit all other details required in the online registration form and upload your recent passport size (color) photograph (3.5 cm x 4.5 cm with the file size between 4 KB and 100 KB and signature (3.5 cm x 1.5 cm with file size between 1 KB and 30 KB)
- Please note that once the application is confirmed by pressing the CONFIRM button, no further changes are possible.
- Payment of Application Fee should be done online using Net banking/Debit/Credit card. The candidate may log in to the Home page and click the link "Online Payment".
General Category Candidates
SC/ST Category Candidates
Candidates who apply under NRI Quota
Candidates opting test centers at Dubai should pay Rs 10000/- in addition to the above fee
- After completing the registration process you should log out.
- Do not send any document in original or copy to the University, unless otherwise specifically demanded.
- You should check your application status after two working days from the date of payment of the fee. If your application is approved, you should take the printout of the application confirmation page from the web site.
- If the application submitted by the candidate is not approved within the time, the candidate should take necessary action as indicated on the application status page.
Eligibility for CUSAT CAT 2017
Candidates belonging to Kerala Scheduled Caste (KSC) and Kerala Scheduled Tribe (KST) communities are eligible for applying if they have minimum pass marks in the qualifying examination unless otherwise mentioned specifically
B.Tech Instrumentation Technology: - Pass in the plus two (12th) examination of any state/national board with Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry or any other examination accepted as equivalent by CUSAT with at least 60% marks in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry put together and with at least 55% in Mathematics separately.
B.Tech Naval Architecture and Ship Building: - Pass in Plus Two (10+2) examination conducted in Kerala or the examination of any other University/ Board accepted by the University as equivalent thereto in First Class (60% marks) with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry as
subjects of study and with a minimum of 50% marks in Mathematics as well as for Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry put together.
B.Tech Polymer Science and Engineering: - Pass in Plus Two examination of the State of Kerala with Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry as optional subjects or any other examination accepted as equivalent thereto securing a minimum of 50% marks in Mathematics and 50% marks in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry put together.
B Tech Marine Engineering (Residential Programme): - Pass in the Plus Two Examination of the State of Kerala or any other examinations accepted as equivalent thereto with Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and English as separate subjects with a PCM average of not less than 60% marks and minimum 50% for Mathematics alone. Should have passed English at 10th or 12th Standards with 50% marks (applicable to SC/ST candidates also).
- Vocational/Diploma students are not eligible to apply.
- Maximum age limit prescribed is 25 years as on 1st September of the year of admission. Physical and eye fitness certificate from a medical officer approved by the DG Shipping should be produced at the time of admission
CUSAT CAT 2017 Important Instructions
- Only the downloaded admit card will be treated as a valid one.
- The hall ticket will bear the candidate’s name, date of birth, gender, exam date and time etc.
- The Exam Centre allotted to the candidates will also be mentioned on the admit card along with the address.
- All the details mentioned in the admit card must be checked before downloading and taking a print out of it.
- In case, of unavailability or any discrepancy in the admit card, candidates must immediately contact the University and get it rectified.
- The admit card is important as, without it, no candidate will be allowed to appear in CUSAT CAT 2017.
- In the examination hall, the admit card will be verified by the invigilator to authenticate the identity of the candidate.
- Along with the hall ticket, candidates must also carry an identity proof along with them such as voter ID card/Aadhar card/Ration card/ Driving license etc. to the examination centre.
- The admit card should not be soiled, damaged, tampered in any way. If any candidate is found to be in possession of such admit card, he/ she will be disqualified from the common entrance test.
- Candidates must ensure to keep the admit card safely even after the examination. They might have to produce it at the time of counselling and admission process.
CUSAT CAT 2017 Relaxation Policy
State Merit Seats (SM):
- Out of the total approved seats of Self-financing B Tech Programmes 50% are earmarked as State Merit Seats with lower rate of fees. Keralites, as defined in this prospectus, and who have selected Keralite status in the on-line application alone can opt for State Merit Seats.
All India Merit Seats (AIM):
- Out of the total approved seats of Self-financing B Tech Programmes 40% seats are earmarked as All India Merit Seats with higher rate of fees. Both Keralite and Non-Keralite candidates can opt for AIM seats.
All India Quota (AIQ):
- For the regular B Tech Programmes viz.B Tech in (Naval Architecture and Ship Building), B Tech (Instrumentation Technology) and B Tech (Polymer Science Engineering) and for all programmes other than B Tech Programmes 10% of the total approved seats are earmarked as All India quota. Both Keralites and Non-Keralites are eligible to be considered against AIQ.
Non-Resident Indian Seats (NRI):
- Out of the total approved seats of B Tech self-financing programmes, 10% seats are set apart as NRI seats with a different fee structure. Similarly 10% of the total seats of LLB and LLM programmes and all undergraduate and post graduate programmes that do not require AICTE approval are reserved for NRI candidates on supernumerary basis. NRI Status is not essential to apply for these seats. Those who intend to be considered to NRI seats should choose NRI as special reservation and in the case of B Tech Programmes, shall invariably opt for AIM seats at the time of option registration. Candidates who applied as NRI shall be considered to SM seats only if they opt for the same as one of their choices during option registration and if they are eligible for the same.
- Besides communal reservation, specified numbers of seats are set apart under “Special Reservation” as detailed below. All applicants under this quota have to appear for the Common Admission Test/ Department Admission Test, as the case may be, unless otherwise specified.
- Physically challenged persons with minimum of 40% disability as certified by the Medical Board stipulated under relevant rules of Government of Kerala in the matter, are eligible for reservation. The certificate produced should be either in Malayalam or in English. 3% seats are reserved for physically challenged candidates for all B.Tech courses, except B.Tech Marine Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Naval Architecture & Ship Building, Instrumentation, Polymer Science & Engineering and Safety & Fire Engineering. One seat each for all other academic programmes except M.Sc. (Industrial Fisheries) is reserved for physically challenged candidates. The seats allotted to physically challenged candidates are supernumerary in nature. A certificate of disability in original from the District Medical Board certifying the percentage of disability issued not earlier than 12 months prior to the date of counseling / GD / interview / admission, whichever is earlier, has to be produced by the candidate. The percentage of disability shall not be an index for gaining eligibility / admission. Admission shall be based on merit of the candidates. A medical board constituted by the University will examine individual cases prior to admission. The decision of the board will be final.
- Reservation for Blind candidates is applicable only for MA (Hindi) and LLM programmes. The certification requirement is same as applicable to the Physically Challenged (detailed above)
Sponsorship from Lakshadweep Administration:
- One supernumerary seat under All India Merit quota is reserved in each BTech Programmes of SOE and CUCEK for candidates from Lakshadweep who are sponsored by Lakshadweep Administration. The candidates will be ranked among them on the basis of their rank in JEE conducted by the CBSE in the current year.
Candidates from Jammu & Kashmir:
- Two seats under supernumerary quota are reserved in the University for students from Jammu & Kashmir for general courses as stipulated by the University Grants Commission (UGC). Candidates authorised by AICTE only will be admitted to these seats. Interested candidates may check AICTE website and act according to the instructions given there of.
CUSAT CAT Application FAQ
1) How do I do online registration for CUSAT B.Tech?
Please visit website www.cusat.nic.in for online option registration .
2) What is the fee Amount for CUSAT B.Tech Entrance Exam?
The application fee is Rs. 1000/- for the general candidates and Rs. 500/- for the SC/ST candidates.
3) What is the procedure for applying online?
Challan payment mode: Choose your bank first and then take printout of the challan form along with the instructions page and make payment in the bank after two working days from the date of registration. Make sure that the journal number is correctly entered by the bank in the space provided in the challan form before leaving the bank.
Net Banking mode: Payment can also be made from any Internet Banking enabled SBI/SBT a/c: Login to the internet banking account. Choose "Payments/Transfers". Choose "Power Jyothi Fee Collection (PUL). Enter the fee type as printed in your challan and then click "Submit" button. In the "Validation Date" box enter your date of birth as printed in the challan. In the "Fee Reference No" box, enter your registration no as printed in the challan. Then click "confirm" button to complete the transaction. Note down your transaction number for future reference.
Online(using debit/credit card only) : Login to candidate Home page and click the link "Online Payment".
4) In Which Month Conducts CUSAT B.Tech Entrance Exam?
Generally this Exam conducts in the Last week of April every year.
5) Which are the recommended browsers for applying online?
Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer 10.0 or lower.
6) Is it compulsory to do all the steps mentioned for applying online in a single sitting?
You should create the login details ie user-id and password in one sitting. The password will be sent to you by email. In the second stage you should login using the login details received in your email and then change your password.
Now in the next step you should re-login using the new password and fill the remaining part of the application in one sitting.
7) I forgot to note down my Registration number during the Candidate registration process. How can I get the Registration number?
Login to your home page. There you will get all details about your application.
8) I forgot my password. What is the procedure to retrieve the password?
Using the link ‘Forgot Your Password’ in online application, you can reset your password. User name, DOB, email-id, Security Question and answer to it should be provided for resetting the password.
9) Is it compulsory to have an Email-ID and Mobile number?
Yes, Email-ID and mobile number are mandatory for all candidates. Active Email-ID and mobile number of parents can also be used.
10) I am not able to upload the photo. What is the reason?
Photo to be uploaded should have the specified dimensions and size. Upload your recent passport size (color) photograph (132 x 170 pixels with the file size between 4 KB and 100 KB) and signature (132 x 57 pixels with file size between 1 KB and 30 KB). Refer the link "Uploading Photo & Sign" in the Application Portal.
11) Is there any specified formats for community certificate and income certificate?
No. Please read relevant information provided in the link “Reservations” on the Application Portal.
12) I selected Challan mode of payment. Can I pay the application fee from my netbanking Account?
Yes, but after two days of registration. Login to your netbanking account(SBT/SBI)->choose Third Party Transfer->Select Power Jyothi Fee Collection (PUL)-> in the Fee Type box type the fee type of your bank(106 for SBT, 103 for SBI) ->In the Validation date box, type the Date of birth of the candidate->in the Fee reference box, type the register number-> now press Confirm button and complete the transaction as you do normally.
13) I have successfully submitted the application and remitted the application fee. But I cannot download my Registration Confirmation Page?
Registration Confirmation Page will be available for download in your home page immediately after your application is approved. Please check your application status.
14) What are the possible reasons for rejection of an application?
- Application fee not paid
- Photograph not clear.
- Signature not clear.
- Please refer the link "Uploading Photo & Sign" in the Application Portal.
15) Shall I send the confirmation page to the University?
No. You need not send any document to the University unless otherwise specifically mentioned in your application status page.
16) How do I solve the problem that some unexpected data being shown in my online application? How to solve this?
If you are not using Firefox, shift the browser to it. Most of the time, problem will be solved by clearing the cache of the browser. For clearing the cache, press Ctrl+Shift+Delete keys from the browser and follow instructions therein.
17) Which is the last date for submission of application?
Application can be submitted online till 5.00 pm on Second week of February.
18) How do I know whether my application is approved?
Click the 'Application Status' bar in your home page in the Application portal.
19) How shall I get the Admit Card for the Entrance Examination CUSAT B.Tech?
- The Admit Card should be downloaded from the website Admit cards will not be issued to candidates whose application is rejected.
- Can I change any data given in the application once the application is submitted.
- No. You can verify all details given in the application (displayed in the preview page) before final submission.
20) Will Admit card be sent to me by post?
No. Admit cards will not be sent by post from this office to the candidate. The Admit cards should be downloaded by the candidate by logging into his home page.
21) Where will the exam centres be formed for CUSAT B.Tech Entrance exam?
CUSAT will be held in many cities across the country and abroad. Candidates will require applying for the exam centre at the time of filling up the online application form.The test will be conducted at 26 cities.