Feb 08, 2017
Apr 30, 2017
May 29, 2017
CUSAT CAT - BBA/B.Com L.L.B (Hons.) 2017 - Application Steps
How to Apply for CUSAT CAT - BBA/B.Com L.L.B (Hons.) 2017
- Candidates should apply on-line and make the fee payment on or before the last dates prescribed.
- On-line applications shall be submitted only through the official website.
- Steps for on-line application:
- Creating a login ID: Login to the official website.Click on the link “New Candidate Registration” and enter correctly the candidate's name, date of birth & age exactly as given in the qualifying certificate. Use a VALID E-mail ID and an active mobile phone number of the candidate or parent. Choose a User Name of your choice with at least 6 characters using alphabets and/or numbers only. Do write down the approved user name. Choose the correct options out of the 3 options given in the login creation page. Read the following guide lines for choosing the correct option:
- A one-time password (OTP) will be sent to the registered E-mail ID and mobile number of the candidate. Candidate should login to the site for the first time using this password and change the password immediately.
CANDIDATE WILL NOT BE ABLE TO PROCEED FURTHER IN THE APPLICATION PROCEDURE WITHOUT THE USER NAME AND PAS SWORD. HENCE CANDIDATES SHOULD WRITE DOWN AND SECURE THE SAME until THE END OF ADMISSION Login again using the user ID and Password and select the correct option from the 3 options listed on the left top corner and proceed to final submission following the instructions that appear on the screen.
- NOTE THAT THE E-MAIL ID & MOBILE NUMBER USED FOR LOGIN CREATION WILL BE KNOWN AS THE REGISTERED E-MAIL ID/MOBILE NUMBER AND ALL COMMUNICATIONS WILL BE SENT TO THE SAME ONLY.
- Payment of the fee is possible only two working days after the on-line submission of application.
- There are three options for payment of fee:
- Option 1: Download and print the challan form of SBI or SBT from the home page of the candidate and present the same to any SBI branch or SBT branch (do not use SBI challan at SBT counter and v ice-verse) and make the payment at the bank counter.
- Option 2: This option can be exercised through any bank account in SBT or SBI with internet banking facility.
- Take a printout of the challan of the bank (SBI or SBT a s the case may be) through which on-line payment is to be made.
- Log-in to the on-line banking page. Click the link “Third Party Transfer “and select the option “Power Jyothi Fee Collection (PUL)”. Enter the “Fee Type” as entered in the challan and submit. Enter y our date of birth as “Validation Date “and register number as “Fee Reference Number” both of which are printed in the challan form.
- Option 3: Log in to the home page of the Candidate. Click on the option “Online Payment” and proceed. In this mode, payment can be made either by using credit/debit card or through internet banking.
- There is no need of submitting any details of the fee payment on-line. BUT THREE WORKING DAYS AFTER THE PAYMENT OF FEES THE CANDIDATES MUST MAKE SURE THAT THE “APPLICATION STATUS” IS “CONFIRMED” AND SHOULD TAKE A PRINT OUT OF THE “CONFIRMATION PAGE”, which shall be signed by the candidate and parent and retained by the candidate. The same shall be kept in hand by the candidate for producing the same on demand during the time of Test/Interview/Group Discussion /Counseling/ Admission. The confirmation page is the proof of successful submission of application.
- If by any chance the confirmation is not received within 3 days from the date of payment, it should be brought to the notice of the IRAA Unit of CUSAT immediately.
- After the final on-line submission further modifications are NOT possible and all further procedures will be absolutely based on the inputs given by the candidate during on-line submission. Therefore the candidate alone will be responsible for loss of any chance or candidature by way of wrong entries.
- THEREFORE CANDIDATES ARE ADVISED TO WRITE DOWN THE USER ID AND PAS SWORD OF THEIR E-MAIL AND US E ONLY THE MOBILE NUMBER IN THEIR CUSTODY AND KEEP THE SAME ACTIVE TILL THE END OF ADMISSION PROCEDURES.
UPLOAD YOUR PHOTOGRAPH AND SIGNATURE
Guidelines for scanning and uploading photograph:
- For applying online, the candidates must have scanned/digital image of his/ her photograph. Before proceeding for online registration, you should save your recent passport size color photo image and your signature image in your computer. JPG formats only will be accepted. In the Photo/signature upload page click the browse button and choose the path of your photo/signature images in the computer. Then click the "Upload" button.
- Photograph should be in passport format. Front view of full face with both ears and shoulder portion of candidate is to be seen clearly in the photograph.
- The face of the candidate should be straight and at the centre.
- Photograph must be in colour with a light colour background, white is preferable.
- Photograph wearing caps and dark glasses/goggles will be rejected.
- Scanned image file should be in jpg (jpeg) format only.
- Dimensions of the photograph should be 3.5 cm(width) x 4.5 cm(height) or 132 pixel(width) x 170 pixel(Height) only with the file size between 4 KB and 100 KB.
- Size of the photo image file should be between 4 kb and 100 kb.
- Candidate’s name and date of photo taken should be printed at the bottom portion of the photograph with black letter and white background.
- Signature dimensions should be 3.5 cm x 1.5 cm or 132 pixel(width) x 57 pixel(Height) only with file size between 1 KB and 30 KB.
Eligibility for CUSAT CAT - BBA/B.Com L.L.B (Hons.) 2017
CUSAT CAT - BBA/B.Com L.L.B (Hons.) 2017 Important Instructions
- Individual call letter will not be sent to the candidates. Candidates are advised to attend the counselling for admission as per the following schedule. Requests for change of counselling dates will not be considered under any circumstances.
- Only candidates who fulfil the minimum requirements as per the eligibility criteria prescribed by the University will be considered for provisional admission.
- Candidates belonging to states other than Kerala are not eligible for communal reservation.
- If you fail to appear on the date and time specified and remit the fees, your candidature for admission will be summarily forfeited.
- Admission will be subject to production of certificates and no extension of time will be given for producing the certificates under any circumstances.
- Candidates are advised to keep sufficient attested photocopies of the certificates with them, as the original will be returned only after the completion of the course.
CUSAT CAT - BBA/B.Com L.L.B (Hons.) 2017 Relaxation Policy
State Merit Seats (SM):
Out of the total approved seats of Self-financing B Tech Programmes, 50% are earmarked as State Merit Seats with lower rate of fees. Keralites, as defined in this prospectus, and who have selected Keralite status in the on-line application alone can opt for State Merit Seats.
All India Merit Seats (AIM):
Out of the total approved seats of Self-financing, B Tech Programmes 40% seats are earmarked as All India Merit Seats with higher rate of fees. Both Keralite and Non-Keralite candidates can opt for AIM seats.
All India Quota (AIQ):
For the regular B Tech Programmes viz.B Tech in (Naval Architecture and Ship Building), B Tech (Instrumentation Technology) and B Tech (Polymer Science Engineering) and for all programs other than B Tech Programmes 10% of the total approved seats are earmarked as All India quota. Both Keralites and Non-Keralites are eligible to be considered against AIQ. The remaining seats are reserved for candidates who are Keralites as defined in this prospectus and who have opted Keralite status during the on-line application process.
Non-Resident Indian Seats (NRI):
Out of the total approved seats of B Tech self-financing programs, 10% seats are set apart as NRI seats with a different fee structure. Similarly, 10% of the total seats of LLB and LLM programs and all undergraduate and post graduate programs that do not require AICTE approval are reserved for NRI candidates on supernumerary basis. NRI Status is not essential to apply for these seats. Those who intend to be considered to NRI seats should choose NRI as special reservation and in the case of B Tech Programmes, shall invariably opt for AIM seats at the time of option registration. Candidates who applied as NRI shall be considered to SM seats only if they opt for the same as one of their choices during option registration and if they are eligible for the same.
CUSAT CAT - BBA/B.Com L.L.B (Hons.) Application FAQ
1) How do I do online registration for CUSAT BBA/B.Com L.L.B (Hons.)?
Please visit official website for online option registration.
2) What is CUSAT CAT ?
Cochin University of Science and Technology Common Admission Test (CUSAT CAT ) which is being conducted every year for admission into UG and PG courses offered by the Cochin University of Science and Technology.
3) Which are the recommended browsers for applying online?
Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer 10.0 or lower.
4) Is it compulsory to do all the steps mentioned for applying online in a single sitting?
You should create the login details ie user-id and password in one sitting. The password will be sent to you by email. In the second stage you should login using the login details received in your email and then change your password.Now in the next step you should re-login using the new password and fill the remaining part of the application in one sitting.
5) I forgot to note down my Registration number during the Candidate registration process. How can I get the Registration number?
Login to your home page. There you will get all details about your application.
6) I forgot my password. What is the procedure to retrieve the password?
Using the link ‘Forgot Your Password’ in online application, you can reset your password. User name, DOB, email-id, Security Question and answer to it should be provided for resetting the password.
7) Is it compulsory to have an Email-ID and Mobile number?
Yes, Email-ID and mobile number are mandatory for all candidates. Active Email-ID and mobile number of parents can also be used.
8) I am not able to upload the photo. What is the reason?
Photo to be uploaded should have the specified dimensions and size. Upload your recent passport size (color) photograph (132 x 170 pixels with the file size between 4 KB and 100 KB) and signature (132 x 57 pixels with file size between 1 KB and 30 KB). Refer the link "Uploading Photo & Sign" in the Application Portal.
9) Is there any specified formats for community certificate and income certificate?
No. Please read relevant information provided in the link “Reservations” on the Application Portal.
10) What is the procedure for applying online?
- Challan payment mode: Choose your bank first and then take printout of the challan form along with the instructions page and make payment in the bank after two working days from the date of registration. Make sure that the journal number is correctly entered by the bank in the space provided in the challan form before leaving the bank.
- Net Banking mode: Payment can also be made from any Internet Banking enabled SBI/SBT a/c: Login to the internet banking account. Choose "Payments/Transfers". Choose "Power Jyothi Fee Collection (PUL). Enter the fee type as printed in your challan and then click "Submit" button. In the "Validation Date" box enter your date of birth as printed in the challan. In the "Fee Reference No" box, enter your registration no as printed in the challan. Then click "confirm" button to complete the transaction. Note down your transaction number for future reference.
- Online(using debit/credit card only) : Login to candidate Home page and click the link "Online Payment".
11) I selected Challan mode of payment. Can I pay the application fee from my netbanking Account?
Yes, but after two days of registration. Login to your netbanking account(SBT/SBI)->choose Third Party Transfer->Select Power Jyothi Fee Collection (PUL)-> in the Fee Type box type the fee type of your bank(106 for SBT, 103 for SBI) ->In the Validation date box, type the Date of birth of the candidate->in the Fee reference box, type the register number-> now press Confirm button and complete the transaction as you do normally.
12) I have successfully submitted the application and remitted the application fee. But I cannot download my Registration Confirmation Page.
Registration Confirmation Page will be available for download in your home page immediately after your application is approved. Please check your application status.
13) What are the possible reasons for rejection of an application?
- Application fee not paid
- Photograph not clear.
- Signature not clear.
- Please refer the link "Uploading Photo & Sign" in the Application Portal.
14) Shall I send the confirmation page to the University?
No. You need not send any document to the University unless otherwise specifically mentioned in your application status page.
15) How do I solve the problem that some unexpected data being shown in my online application? How to solve this?
If you are not using Firefox, shift the browser to it. Most of the time, problem will be solved by clearing the cache of the browser. For clearing the cache, press Ctrl+Shift+Delete keys from the browser and follow instructions therein.
16) Which is the last date for submission of application?
Application can be submitted online till 5.00 pm on Second week of February.
17) How do I know whether my application is approved?
Click the 'Application Status' bar in your home page in the Application portal.
18) How shall I get the Admit Card for the Entrance Examination CUSAT BBA/B.Com L.L.B (Hons.)?
The Admit Card should be downloaded from the official website Admit cards will not be issued to candidates whose application is rejected.
19) Can I change any data given in the application once the application is submitted.
No. You can verify all details given in the application (displayed in the preview page) before final submission.
20) Will Admit card be sent to me by post?
No. Admit cards will not be sent by post from this office to the candidate. The Admit cards should be downloaded by the candidate by logging into his home page.
21) Where will the exam centres be formed for CUSAT BBA/B.Com L.L.B (Hons.) Entrance exam?
CUSAT will be held in many cities across the country and abroad. Candidates will require applying for the exam centre at the time of filling up the online application form.The test will be conducted at 26 cities.
22) I am awaiting my 12th results.Can I apply?
Please refer "How to Apply" in the official website.
23) Can a student from science (PCB / PCM) apply for this course?
Yes, any student who has passed his/her class 12th in any stream (humanities / commerce / science / social science, etc) is eligible to take admission in this course.
List of CUSAT CAT - BBA/B.Com L.L.B (Hons.) 2017 Centers (Expected)
|State||City||Mode of Exam|