Mar 01, 2017
May 28, 2017
Jun 04, 2017
How to Apply for HPU-MAT 2017
- Candidates visit the official website of HPU MAT.
- Select the right programme category out of “PG/UG/Ph.D./Certificate Diploma”.
- The online application form of HPU MAT will be divided into following categories:
- Personal Information
- Education and Document Details
- Application Summary
- Submit Reference Number and Application Form
- Applicants will have to start with the Personal category first.
- After filling the information in the fields, click on Save button.
- Applicants will receive a system generated Registration number and password in the given email address and mobile number.
- You may log out and log in once again and after selecting the programme category, click on “Click here for Student Login”.
- After filling each section, click on ‘Continue and Save’ button at the bottom of the page.
- Applicants have to upload mark sheet or certificate as per the given specifications.
- Before clicking on Continue and Save, ensure that you have entered correct information
- General Category (subsidized and non-subsidized) Rs.1000/-
- SC/ST Category (subsidized and non-subsidized) Rs.500/-
- Candidate can pay ‘Application Fee’ either through “E-Challan” or through “E-Payment ” option or by cash.
- While for pay fees online you can use your debit/credit/net banking.
- Now fill all necessary details which required paying fees online.
- The photograph should be a passport size color picture.
- Maximum file size should be 100 KB in .jpeg or .jpg format only.
- The file name should be of maximum 10 characters.
- Candidate should click the photograph in formal attire.
- The photograph should capture the full face of the candidate looking directly at the camera.
- There should be no shadow or red eye.
- The signature must be done by the applicant and not by anyone else with black ink on a white paper.
- Maximum file size should be 100 KB.
- The scanned signature should be .jpg or .jpeg only.
- The file name should not exceed 10 characters.
- Applicant should upload only one document, either mark sheet or certificate in black ink on a white paper and get the signature scanned.
- Maximum file size is two MB.
- Scanned document should be in PDF format only.
- The file name should not be more than 10 characters.
- The signature must be signed only by the applicant and not by any other person.
- The pay in slip for “online remittance of fee” is available on the University website.
- The students would deposit the fee in any branch of the SBI and the University copy of the pay-in-slip in original be attached with the form.
- In addition, the student will also produce the form to the SBI branch where he intends to deposit the fee and get affixed Bank stamp thereon indicating journal number, amount, and date.
- The classification structure of fee is annexed and students are advised to deposit the fee under the appropriate head Mere deposit of fee would not be sufficient to be eligible. Examination form must also reach before the due date.
- Students are advised to deposit the form complete in all respect. Incomplete forms would be rejected outrightly.
Eligibility for HPU-MAT 2017
HPU-MAT 2017 Important Instructions
- Bring the following documents while reporting to the Test Centre:
- Admit Card
- Your latest coloured passport size photograph should be pasted on the Admit Card at the place provided for
- Photo identity as specified in the 'How to Register’ point
- Blue/Black ballpoint pen
- Cell phones, calculators, watch calculators, alarm clocks, digital watches with built in calculators/ memory or any electronics gadgets will not be allowed in the examination hall.
- Occupy the seat allotted to you by verifying the SEAT NUMBER pasted on the desk and indicated in your Admit Card.
- The Test Invigilator will check your Admit Card and ID proof.
HPU-MAT 2017 Relaxation Policy
Reservation policy- Admission to MBA programme except for seats reserved for Non-subsidized candidates shall be subject to the following conditions:
- 15% & 7½ % seats shall be reserved for SC/ST candidates respectively, having domicile of HP - irrespective of the institutions from where they have passed their qualifying exam
- 45% marks in the case of Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribe candidate.
- The remaining 77½ % seats shall be filled up as under-
- 25% of the seats for admission shall be open for all the candidates- irrespective of the Institution from where they have passed their qualifying exam
- 75% of the seats shall be filled out of the candidates, who have passed their qualifying exam from the HP University or HP Krishi Vishwavidayalaya Palampur or Dr. YS Parmar University of Horticulture and Forestry, HP Technical University & Central University of Himachal Pradesh
- 5% of the seats shall be reserved for outstanding Sportsmen/Women
- 5% of the seats shall be reserved for outstanding Cultural Activists
- 3% of the seats shall be reserved for Persons with Disabilities provided that the minimum eligibility for admission to a course in case of SC/ST will be 5% lower than the eligibility conditions for other students.
HPU-MAT Application FAQ
1) What is HPU-MAT?
HPU-MAT (Himachal Pradesh University Management Aptitude Test) is a prerequisite for admission to MBA programs of all the educational institutes affiliated to HP University, Shimla and State Agriculture Universities (SAUs). It is conducted by Himachal Pradesh University, Shimla.
2) What is the application procedure for HPU-MAT?
Application form for HPU-MAT along with Handbook of Information can be obtained from the Institute on cash payment/demand draft at the following rates:-
- General Category: Subsidized & Non-subsidized: Rs 500 and by post Rs 550.
- SC/ST Category: Subsidized & Non-subsidized: Rs 250 and by post Rs 300.
3) What is the last date submission of registration form?
The registration form can be submitted during the month of May.
4) Which are the test centers for HPU-MAT?
HPU-MAT Examination Centres: Shimla, Solan, Dharamshala, Hamirpur, Mandi, Una, Palampur, Chandigarh & Delhi.
5) What is the eligiblity criteria for HPU-MAT?
The candidate should hold a bachelor's degree from a university, established by law in India with at least 50% marks (45% in the case of SC/ST candidate). The students who are appearing for their final bachelor degree examination in the respective year are allowed to appear in H.P. State Combined Management Aptitude Test subject to their satisfying the above said eligibility condition at the time of admission.
6) When will I get my Admit Card?
Admit card will be available for view and print in the third week of May (onwards). You will have to log onto the HPU-MAT website with your registered User ID. You will be eligible for an Admit Card only upon submission of online application form. You will receive an automated email confirmation upon successful submission from the website.
7) When is HPU-MAT held?
HPU-MAT is normally held in the month of April/May.
8) What is maximum Age Eligibility Criteria ?
Except for NRI/NRI Sponsored/Foreign National candidates/students, and serving/retired defense personnel, the maximum age limit for all P.G. courses is 26 (29 years in the case of ST/SC candidates) years on the 1st of July of the year of admission.
- Vice-Chancellor has the power to permit age relaxation for reasons to be recorded in writing up to a maximum three months.
- Age bar shall not apply in the case of in-service candidates/students and the State/Government of India nominees.
List of HPU-MAT 2017 Centers (Expected)
|State||City||Mode of Exam|