Jul 15, 2016
Nov 14, 2016
Nov 27, 2016
Jan 05, 2017
IIFT 2016 - Application Steps
How to Apply for IIFT 2016
- The cost of Prospectus and Application Form is a one-time payment of Rs. 1,550 (Rs. 775 for SC/ST/PH candidates) which includes application screening and Entrance Test Fee and the candidates are not required to pay any other fee while sending back the filled-in Application Form to IIFT.
Note:- SC/ST/12Physically Handicapped/OBC (non-creamy layer) candidates need to attach photocopy of the requisite certificate with the filled-in ApplicationForm.
- Visit IIFT website at (www.iift.edu). Click on the ADMISSIONS icon and fill in the online Form as per details that are given on the website.
- Take the print-out of the Form, attach your photograph and sign in the Box provided for the purpose.
- Those candidates who fill the online application must send the print-out along with the necessary enclosures to IIFT.
- The candidates who bought the Prospectus in cash or through demand draft need to complete the enclosed Application Form.
- Those candidates who fill the offline application need to send the same in the envelope provided for the purpose, to the Indian Institute of Foreign Trade, B-21, Qutab Institutional Area, and New Delhi-110016 so as to reach IIFT on or before the first week of September.
Eligibility for IIFT 2016
Recognized Bachelor's degree of minimum 3 years ‘duration.
Candidates appearing for a qualifying examination can also apply subject to submission of proof of requisite qualification by 7th October 2016.
No age limit.
Admission of the candidate who joins the programme on provisional basis but fails to qualify in the Bachelor's degree examination is liable to be cancelled forthwith. Such candidate should immediately inform the Institute on declaration of his/her results. Admission of candidates who do not inform the Institute of such a situation will automatically stand canceled on 7th October 2016. No request for extension of time for re-evaluation, etc. will be entertained.
Reserved Seats: 27% seats are reserved for Other Backward Class, whereas for Schedule Castes it is 15%, 4% for NRI and Schedule Tribes it is 7.5%.
IIFT 2016 Important Instructions
- IIFT will not be responsible for postal delay or non-receipt of applications due to postal loss.
- Seats are reserved as per Government of India norms. The reservations are subject to candidates meeting the admission requirements of the Institute under this category.
- Application fee will not be refunded.
- Complete details of the programme are available at IIFT's website: (www.iift.edu) and the students can submit applications online by visiting the website and clicking the ADMISSIONS icon available on the homepage.
- Students are advised to quote the Serial Number of the Application Form in all correspondence with the Institute.
- All disputes would be subject to the jurisdiction of Delhi Courts ONLY. Incomplete applications in any manner (either for Application Forms or filled-in applications) and those received after the prescribed date SHALL BE SUMMARILY REJECTED.
IIFT 2016 Relaxation Policy
As Per Govt. Rules.
IIFT Application FAQ
1) What is the MBA (IB) Programme?
The MBA (IB) is a general management course with special emphasis on International Business. This means, besides doing a general MBA (as is done in other B-Schools), IIFT students are exposed to the international perspectives of various subjects by virtue if their doing courses like international marketing, international finance, international strategy and international brand management.
2) What are the specializations offered in the MBA (IB) Programme at IIFT?
The first year, consisting of three trimesters, is a core course which encompasses all the basic functional areas of management. In the third trimester students are taught the nuances of international aspects of these functional areas. The second year is when students get to choose their preferred area of specialization viz. marketing, finance, trading or systems and IT.
3) Is there an entrance examination to get admission in IIFT? If yes, what is the date and time of examination?
Yes, there is an entrance examination popularly named as IIFT, which will be held on Sunday, November 27, 2016. The duration of examination is 2 hours from 10:00am to 12:00 noon.
4) How can I register for IIFT Examination?
- Candidates need to register for IIFT examination. Candidates can apply in both Online and Offline mode.
- For online, candidates need to visit the page accessing the IIFT application form .
- Candidate must follow the instructions before applying and choose the category and fill the basic details.
- An application number will be allocated to the candidate, which should be noted. With that generated application number, the candidate need to login with a password and follow the instructions.
- While registering for test candidates need to pay the application fee. For Offline registration, candidates can buy, fill and submit the form at IIFT, Delhi campus.
5) What is the amount of application fee?
- The cost of prospectus and application form is one-time payment and it is mandatory for all the candidate to pay the application fee.
- The application form will not process further without the payment of application fee.
- The amount to be paid for fees is as follows: Application Fee (General Category): Rs. 1500/- Application Fee(SC/ST/PH): Rs. 775/-.
6) What are the modes of payment?
- Payments can be done in both Online and Offline mode.
- Payment Mode:-
- Online Payment:-Payers can pay through VISA/Master Credit/Debit cards.
- Offline Payment:-
- Cash– Applicants can pay at any of the IIFT campus(Delhi & Kolkata)·
- Demand Draft– Candidate can pay through DD in favor of Indian Institute of Foreign Trade, payable at New Delhi.Candidate who have paid through DD are advised to retain a photocopy for future reference. While paying for the application forms, candidates need to bring/attach the requisite Category Certificate along with application form.
7) Can I modify the data once I submit the application form?
No, data cannot be modified once it is submitted. For any urgent modifications, send a mail from your registered mail id mentioning your full name, application form no. and the details to be edited.
8) Which are the exam centres for IIFT examination to be held?
The test will be held in major cities of the country. The institute will preferably try to allot the test city filled in by the candidate in the application form. All the details of test cities with address will be provided in the admit card. Given below are some of the IIFT test cities , where the IIFT will be scheduled.
- Nagpur and
9) Can I change my examination centre?
To change the examination centre, candidate is required to send a written request duly signed by the candidate with a DD of Rs. 550/-in favor of “Indian Institute of Foreign Trade” payable at New Delhi. The request must be sent on or before November 4, 2016.
10) When will I get my Admit Card?
Admit Card will be send to all the candidates by post, who would have submitted the filled-in application form in all respects (online and offline), in the second week of November . Candidates who will not receive their Admit Card by November 15 can download the Admit Card from the link given below.
11) Apart from the admit card, which all documents are required to be carried by the candidate on the exam day?
With their Admit card candidate should reach the venue of the exam centre on November 27 latest by 09:00am with any of the following document, for appearing in the exam.
- Election I-card
- College I-card
- Driving License
- PAN Card
List of IIFT 2016 Centers (Expected)
|State||City||Mode of Exam|
|Andhra Pradesh||Hyderabad||Pen & Paper|
|Andhra Pradesh||Visakhapatnam||Pen & Paper|
|Assam||Guwahati||Pen & Paper|
|Chandigarh||Chandigarh||Pen & Paper|
|Gujarat||Ahmedabad||Pen & Paper|
|Jharkhand||Jamshedpur||Pen & Paper|
|Karnataka||Bengaluru||Pen & Paper|
|Madhya Pradesh||Indore||Pen & Paper|
|Maharashtra||Mumbai||Pen & Paper|
|Maharashtra||Nagpur||Pen & Paper|
|Orissa||Bhubaneshwar||Pen & Paper|
|Rajasthan||Jaipur||Pen & Paper|
|Tamil Nadu||Chennai||Pen & Paper|
|Tamil Nadu||Coimbatore||Pen & Paper|
|Uttar Pradesh||Allahabad||Pen & Paper|
|Uttaranchal||Dehradun||Pen & Paper|
|West Bengal||Kolkata||Pen & Paper|
|Kerala||Kochi||Pen & Paper|
|Delhi||Delhi||Pen & Paper|