Oct 01, 2016
Feb 12, 2017
Mar 31, 2017
IRMA Application News
Steps to apply for IRMA:
Registration can be done through the following two IDs:
- Candidates who are applying through XAT scores can fill their XAT ID in order to auto-fill the form.
- Candidates can also register through a valid email ID through which they can verify their identity and fill the application form.
Online Application Process:
- On completing registration candidates can apply online and fill in all the details (in case the form is not auto-filled)
- On successfully filling the required details candidates can make the payment for the form through either of the payment modes that are provided.
- On successfully applying and paying the fees, candidates will receive a confirmation mail and will be able to print their application form summary.
Offline Application Process:
- Candidates can purchase the hard copy form from IRMA and pay the fee through demand draft.
- On filling the application successfully, candidates will be required to send the form at the official address of the institute.
How to Apply for IRMA 2017
Please ensure you do not apply separately for each course. There are two methods of submitting your application i.e.
Method 1: Applying Through Hard copy
Candidates opting for this facility should write to the following address:
Institute of Rural Management Anand (IRMA)
Anand – 388 001, Gujarat
Method 2: Applying Online
- Register online at the official website of IRMA.
- You need to register with your valid e-mail ID and password.
- You need to keep the record of user-id and password for future use.
- Candidates belonging to “Below Poverty Line (BPL)” families can apply online without payment of Application fees.
- Please ensure that correct information is entered prior to final submission.
- Please follow the sequence of all stages after editing (do not skip any stage) to ensure proper data entry.
- Any editing is possible before final submission.
- After final submission, it will not be possible to edit the application form.
The application fee for Online Applicant:-
- General : - Rs. 1200/-
- OBC SC/ST/DAP* :- Rs. 600/.
The application fee for Applying in Hardcopy:-
- General & OBC:- Rs. 1275/-
- SC/ST/DAP*:- Rs. 675/-
For Indian National:-
An applicant can opt for one of the following options for applying:
- Apply online and pay through the payment gateway.
- Take a print out of SBI challan available on IRMA website in the admissions link. Make payment at any branch of SBI by using the challan. SBI would then issue a unique ID number. Use this unique ID number and apply online through IRMA website.
- Make payment at any IMS learning center (details available on IRMA website), after getting IMS receipt, apply through IRMA website by using IMS receipt number.
- Printed application material (prospectus, application form, sample question paper etc.) may be obtained from Admissions Office, IRMA, Anand- 388 001 on payment of full fees. (All the payments to IRMA should be made in the form of a demand draft favoring IRMA and it should be payable at Anand).
- For applicants belonging to “Below Poverty Line (BPL)” families:
- Application fee will be waived for applicants belonging to “Below Poverty Line (BPL)” families. Such applicants may apply online and send the print out of the application form with a photocopy of self-attested latest proof of “Below Poverty Line (BPL)” status issued by the appropriate authority for exemption from Application fee OR they can send a request by post or courier for an application form to the Admissions Office, IRMA with a photocopy of self attested latest proof of “Below Poverty Line (BPL)” status issued by the appropriate authority. IRMA will send printed material (prospectus, application form, sample question paper etc.) to such applicants.
NRI / NRI sponsored applicants / Foreign Nationals / Persons of Indian Origin (PIO) / Children of Indian Workers in Gulf Countries and Overseas Citizen of India (OCI):-
- NRI / NRI sponsored applicants / Foreign Nationals / Persons of Indian Origin (PIO) / Children of Indian Workers in Gulf Countries and Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) can apply online and pay through payment gateway.
- All correspondence related to admission should be addressed to:
Institute of Rural Management Anand (IRMA),
Anand-388 001, Gujarat, (India).
Phone: 02692 – 221659.
Eligibility for IRMA 2017
- A graduate from any discipline, with a minimum of 15 years (10+2+3) of education and having 50 percent or above (45 percent or above for SC/ST/DAP*) aggregate marks at the graduation level can apply for admission.
- The percentage of aggregate marks is to be calculated as per the practice followed by the concerned university or institution.
- In case the university/institution does not have a scheme for converting CGPA into equivalent marks, the equivalence will be established by IRMA by dividing obtained CGPA with the maximum possible CGPA and multiplying the resultant with 100. Those who are in their final year and who expect to complete all the requirements of graduation before June 05, 2017 may also apply
IRMA 2017 Important Instructions
- You need to register with your valid e-mail ID and password. You need to keep a record of user-id and password for future use.
- Please ensure that correct information is entered prior to final submission. Please follow the sequence of all stages after editing (do not skip any stage) to ensure proper data entry. Any editing is possible before final submission. After final submission, it will not be possible to edit the application form.
- Please upload scanned or digital copy of your photograph and signature at the appropriate place in the form.
- In your own interest, you should keep a copy of the filled-in application form.
- Examination fees once paid will not be refunded.
- Applicants belonging to "BPL" category are also required to send hard copy (print out) of application form with a self-attested latest proof of "Below Poverty Line (BPL)" status issued by appropriate authority to get an exemption from paying application.
- Other applicants are not required to send hard copy of their application form.
- Please ensure you do not apply separately for each course.
- Applicants (other than "BPL" category and sponsored applicants) are not required to send a hard copy (print out ) of application form at IRMA.
IRMA 2017 Relaxation Policy
IRMA follows following statutory reservation policy of Government of India for the Admissions:
- 15% of the seats to be reserved for scheduled caste (SC)
- 7.5% of the seats to be reserved for scheduled tribe (ST)
- 27% of the seats to be reserved for other Backward classes belonging to the “Non-creamy” layer (NC-OBC)
- As per the provision under section 39 of the PWD Act, 1995, 3% seats are reserved for Differently Abled (DA) candidates. The three categories of disability are:
- Hearing impairment, and Locomotor disability/cerebral palsy.
- This provision is applicable if the candidate suffers from any of the listed disabilities to the extent of not less than 40% as certified by a medical authority as prescribed and explained in the said Act.”
Seats not filled by candidates of the reserved category will be offered to the general category.
IRMA Application FAQ
1) Tell me something about IRMA?
- The Institute of Rural Management Anand is India’s leading school in rural management committed to acting as the catalyst and facilitator of rural prosperity. IRMA educates those inspired to work with organisations serving the rural sector and engaging directly with rural communities.
- Students should note that IRMA offers a sectoral program and it should be opted only on the basis of ones interest in making a career in this domain.
2) How are the admissions conducted?
The admissions will be done on the basis of CAT / XAT scores. There will be no IRMA entrance exam except the one on the Issues of Social Concern. Both the exams are to be qualified for taking admissions. IIMs and other institutes will have NO SAY in IRMA Admissions. After exam qualification, candidates need to apply for the admissions via the online application form.
3) How to obtain Application Form from IRMA for PRM ?
An applicant can opt for one of the following options:
a)Apply online and pay through payment gateway.
b) Make payment at any IMS learning centre, after getting IMS receipt, apply through IRMA website by using IMS receipt number.
c) Take a print out of SBI challan available on IRMA website in the admission link. Make payment at any branch of SBI by using the challan. SBI would then issue a unique ID number. Use this unique ID number and apply online through IRMA website.
d) Printed application material (prospectus, application forms, etc.) may be obtained from Admissions Office, IRMA, Anand - 388 001 on payment of full fees. (All the payments to IRMA should be made in the form of a demand draft favouring IRMA and it should be payable at Anand).
4) How IRMA will admit students for PRM ?
- IRMA will use CAT / XAT scores for admission to Post Graduate Diploma in Rural Management (PRM 2017-19)
- Application forms (online / hard copy) for IRMA admissions will be available from October .
- All applicants for IRMA Admissions have to additionally appear for Issues of Social Concern test.
- IIMs and XLRI have no role either in the selection process or in the conduct of the programme of IRMA.
5) What is the Application fees for Indian Nationals?
There is a common application form for PRM and FPRM programmes. An applicant may apply for two programmes by using one application form. The fees applicable for the number of programmes are shown in below. Those candidates applying online by using payment gateway / Payment at SBI may get discount of Rs.75/-
Application Fees Structure
Examination Fees for Online Applicant:-
No. of Programme
General & OBC
Examination Fees for Applying in Hardcopy:-
No. of Programme
General & OBC
6) When is it conducted ?
It is usually conducted in the month of February. This year, the entrance test is being conducted on February 12,2017.
7) Which bank should I choose for fee submission?
Choose any one of the banks available on the official website of the exam.
8) If I have applied for one programme, but now I want to apply for more than one programme then what should I do?
In that case, you are advised to write an application to the admissions coordinator with details and pay necessary fees by Demand Draft. You are advised to write your application form number in all your correspondence.
9) What is 3d Secure PIN and where from I shall get it?
This PIN is mandatory requirement for the sponsoring bank to validate credit card supported transactions. IRMA does not have any role to generate this PIN. Please contact your sponsoring bank.
10) How do I track status of my application & candidature?
You will find an URL titled Application Status in admissions section of our website https://www.irma.ac.in/. Please navigate through this URL & follow the instructions. You need to provide your form number and date of birth. This section will display the current status of your application, such as your form number, roll number, allocated centre, and status of your result of various tests conducted during the admission process. Besides, the Institute has introduced SMS service (broadcast and unicast) for the applicants. This service will be available during the appropriate stage of the admission process. The broadcast service is controlled by the Institute and the message will be transmitted only once for each stage. As regards unicast service, you can get the status of your application by sending SMS to 9687933388. While sending SMS, please mention ADM space and then quote your Form No., to get the response. For example ADM 25633. Please note this broadcast service is free of charge whereas unicast service will be chargeable as per the rates prescribed by service providers. Unicast service can be availed repeatedly. Those applying by hard copy application forms can get the status of their applications forms after two weeks of the closing date.
11) What is the medium of education at IRMA?
The medium of instruction at IRMA is English.
12) Do you give extra weightage to experience for PRM programme?
There is no provision for extra weightage of experience for admission to PRM programme. However, the experience is valued during personal interview.
13) Does Institute have seats for Management Quota (MQ) in PRM ? .
There is no management quota for admission to PRM at IRMA
14) Is there any age limit for PRM programme?
There is no age limit for the admission in PRM of IRMA.
15) Where can I see Demo of Online Mock Test ?
Demo of Online Mock Test is available on IRMA website: www.irma.ac.in in the Admissions link.
16) What do I mean by “Broadcast” and “Unicast” SMS service?
IRMA has introduced SMS service for the Indian Nationals only. At different stages of the application process, the Institute will send status of the applications to all its eligible applicants, who have registered their mobile number, through broadcast SMS service. Unicast service is meant for personal communication to the individual applicant. The applicant who wishes to know the latest status of her/his application, she/he can do so by sending SMS to 9687933388. While sending SMS, please mention ADM space and then quote your Form No., to get the response. For example ADM 25633. Please note unicast service is chargeable to the applicant as per SMS agreement that the service provider has with the applicant (IRMA does not charge for this service). However, broadcast service is absolutely free for the applicant (IRMA bears the cost).
17) If I am not able to proceed further for registration, then what to do?
If you are not able to proceed further, please ensure that you have turned off "popup-blocker" in your browser's option settings
18) How do I use my SMS & Email service?
You need to register your mobile number & email Id in your profile. If you have not done so, please do it immediately & contact admissions office for details. All the candidates having valid mobile number & email Id will receive information of their candidature, at various stages of the process (Roll No. exam venue details, written test result, final selection).
19) How do I correct wrong entries after submissions?
You are required to follow instruction carefully and write the correct information before submission of your application online. You are given a facility to edit your entries prior to final submission. Once submit button is pressed and you have been allotted a form number you cannot edit the entries. In such a case you are advised to take a printout of the submitted application form, make corrections as required in the form and send it to us as per the address notified. We shall arrange to make changes in your form accordingly. However, you have been advised to take enough precautions while submitting your application.
20) How do I retrieve my user-id and password in case it is lost?
You are expected to keep a record of user id and password. If you are able to send us the user-id, your password can be mailed to you.
21) Do I need to send hard copy (print out) of my filled application form to IRMA ?
Those applicants who are selecting option “Exemption from written test” while filling application form, they are required to send hard copy (print out) of application form with proof (self attested photo copy of PGDRM certificate of IRMA or photo copy of “JRF” award letter) “BPL” applicants are required to send hard copy (print out) of filled application form with the proof of “BPL” status. All other applicants are not required to send hard copy (print out) of filled application form to IRMA.
22) Do I need to send hard copy (print out) of my filled application form to IRMA ?
Only “BPL” applicants and sponsored applicants are required to send hard copy (print out) of filled application form. “BPL” applicants are required to send hard copy of application form with the latest proof of “BPL” status issued by appropriate authority. Sponsored applicants are required to send hard copy of application form with certificate from their employer as per declaration of sponsorship form available on IRMA website All other applicants (other than “BPL”) are not required to send hard copy (print out) of filled application form to IRMA.
23) When and How the Applicants Will Get the Admit Card?
IRMA will send the Admit Card for IRMAs test (online) on Issues of Social Concern (ISC) to be conducted on February 12, 2017 (Sunday) to all eligible applicants in the first week of February 2017. If the applicants do not receive the admit card by 7th February 2017 then she/he can download it from IRMA website by using her/his form number or roll number.
24) How to download (print) SBI Challan from IRMA Website?
SBI Challan is available on our website in the admissions link, in important download section. You may open the file and take a print out of it.
25) What are the exam centers where the Issues of Social Concern (IRMA Exam) will be held?
The list of all the exam centers is given on the official website((https://www.irma.ac.in/iaboutus/faq.php?roleid=25#qu69), you can visit here for more details . Please note that the requests for change in exam centers once submitted, will NOT be entertained.
26) Can I change my test center of "Issues of Social Concern" ?
Request for change of Test Centres will not be entertained.
27) On which name Demand Draft should be prepared?
All the payments to IRMA should be made in the form of a demand draft favoring IRMA and it should be payable at Anand.
28) What is the last date for apply for PRM (Indian Nationals) ?
Last Date for receipt of filled in applications for PRM (Indian Nationals) for hard copies and December 30, 2016 for online.
List of IRMA 2017 Centers (Expected)
|State||City||Mode of Exam|