Feb 09, 2016
May 08, 2016
May 29, 2016
ISI Admission Test(M.Tech) 2016 Important Instructions
ISI Admission Test(M.Tech) Application FAQ
1) What is the ISI Admission Test?
Indian Statistical Institute (ISI) organizes an entrance exam know as ISI to screen candidates for admission in various degree programmes. ISI offers various UG, PG, PhD programme in the field of Statistics, Science & Technology. This institution has four campuses situated in Chennai, Tezpur, Delhi and Bangalore. Every year, the ISI entrance exam conducted in the month of May.
2) How should I apply for Admissions to ISI?
Every year the Institute advertises in national newspapers about the admissions to various courses. Similar information is also available on the website of ISI.
3) How good is the M.Tech in computer science program at ISI Kolkata?
- Computer Science is a subject where you learn more from your peers and the lab environment. ISI doesn't have a 24 hour lab and its a smaller community. At IIT, you will be able to find like minded peers specific to your area of interest just because the size of community is larger. If you are debating between ISI and IIT and have admits from both then I would suggest go for IIT. If you have admit from ISI and are thinking of waiting for a year and getting an admit from IIT next year ... do not do that ! ISI is still pretty good and its not worth wasting a year and doing this all over again.
- If you happen to be interested in Pattern Recognition or Computer Vision, or Machine Intelligence or Cryptography, working with researchers at ISI will give you a significant advantage.
- A lesser known option is getting MSc from Chennai Mathematical Institute. You will get much better education in theoretical subjects there, and the institute is pretty flexible in opportunities to tailor the non-core coursework to your needs.
- Again ,placement in Computer Science in any institute is purely a function of what you did with your time after the classes were over and the assignments were done.
4) Is the Indian Statistical Institute (ISI) equivalent to the IIT’s in terms of research in mathematics and theoretical computer science?
In research in Mathematics, it probably outstrips the IITs in terms of quality research done per person, and has produced several of India's leading researchers in that field. I don't know about Computer Science, but ISI in general is much more research centric in attitude as well as priorities, and would certainly be second to none but the very old IITs(K, Kgp, D, M) even in that respect.
5) When will I get my Admit Card?
Admit card will be available for view and print in the first week of May (onwards). You will have to log onto the ISI website with your registered User ID. You will be eligible for an Admit Card only upon submission of online application form. You will receive an automated email confirmation upon successful submission from website.
6) I have completed the online application. But, I have not taken a print out. How can I get a print out now?
You can go to the applying online page again and enter the personal details AND the application number. You will be taken to the printout page again.
List of ISI Admission Test(M.Tech) 2016 Centers (Expected)
|State||City||Mode of Exam|
|Karnataka||Bangalore||Pen & Paper|