Feb 02, 2017
Apr 08, 2017
May 17, 2017
Jun 03, 2017
How to Apply for JMI MBA 2017
Guidelines to fill up the Application Form Online:
As an applicant you would need the following:
- An E-mail ID for registration and for receiving all future correspondence till the admission process is over and subsequently if admitted.
- A Mobile Number to receive SMS based notifications/ communications related to the online application, Admit Card, Entrance Test Result, Admission Counseling etc till the admission process is over and subsequently, if admitted.
- Access to facilities of the computer with internet connectivity.
- A recent scanned passport sized color photograph (for scanning and uploading in "jpeg" format only. File size of the scanned photograph should not be more than 100KB).
- Your scanned signature using Blue/Black pen on the white sheet (for scanning and uploading in "jpeg" format only. File size of the scanned photograph should not be more than 100KB).
- Choosing of Program(s), Category and Submission of Entrance Application Fee (Rs. 500/-).
PAYMENT OF FEES:
Fees shall be accepted by JMI through online.
- Online Mode
- JMI accepts fees through Net Banking, Credit Cards & Debit Cards.
- For paying fees online the students may visit JMI website.
All applicants should note, that:
- No printout of online submitted application form or proof of payment of Entrance Test fee is to be submitted to the University. However, the candidates should retain a copy of the said documents for their own record.
- No document is required to be submitted along with the application form submitted online.
- Original certificates issued by competent authority supporting you're filled in details will be asked from you ONLY at the time of admission. If data provided in the online application is not supported by appropriate documents then your application/claim for admission shall be summarily rejected.
The entire process of filling online application form can be completed in six stages. The six stages are:
- Registration on the JMI Entrance Test Portal for the online application process.
- Select the course of your choice [check eligibility, dates of Entrance Test etc].
- If you choose to apply for the selected course [do it after confirming your eligibility, etc], application form will appear on the screen. Fill up the details in the application form which will have following sections:
- Applicant Details
- Correspondence Address
- Your Preference City of Entrance Test Centre
- Upload scanned image file of your Photograph and Signature
- Final Review of details entered in the Application Form and if they are corrected then 'Confirm' the submission. Else, edit the details before confirming submission.
- Fee Payment & Application Submission
- For subsequent applications (after the first course) (if applying more than one course) process of filling up 'Applicant Details', 'Correspondence Address and Parental Details', 'uploading of Photograph and Signature' and 'Preference of Test Center' will not be required. These details will be repeated automatically/ copied for all subsequent applications after the first application. If you choose to pay after selecting the courses of your choice, a combined payment of Entrance Test Fee for all courses you have applied for can be done.
During the Registration process, the following information/ details should be available with the candidate:
- A valid and readily accessible Email Id. Please note that, if required, JMI may use the registered email for future communication with the candidate.
- Softcopy of candidate’s colored passport size photograph (Min 5 KB and Max 20 KB in size) in JPG/JPEG format with White Background.
- Softcopy of candidate’s signature (Min 5 KB and Max Size 10 KB in size) in JPG/JPEG format. Candidates may use the preview option to cross-check the correctness of entries filled by them online. Any required correction(s) except in “Name” and “Date-of-Birth” in the Registration Information may be made before depositing the Entrance Application Fees.
Note: Once the fee is paid no correction will be allowed in the Registration Information. However, candidates will be able to apply for additional programs, if required.
Eligibility for JMI MBA 2017
JMI MBA 2017 Important Instructions
- Use Blue/Black Ball point pen.
- Write your Roll No. in the appropriate place immediately after receiving the question paper.
- Candidates must submit the question paper and the OMR sheet before leaving the hall.
- Candidates are required to maintain the decorum of the examination hall.
- Candidates must not use any unfair means in the examination. If any such thing is found during the course of the examination, his/her candidature will be cancelled.
- Do not put any identification mark on question booklet and answer sheet.
JMI MBA 2017 Relaxation Policy
RESERVATION OF SEATS
- Candidates seeking admission under reserved category can apply for reservation under ONE category only and shall be required to fulfill the prescribed eligibility conditions of the Program.
- Relaxation in minimum prescribed percentage of marks in the qualifying examination for admission to a Program shall be permissible only under one relaxation criteria.
- If a reserved category candidate qualifies the Entrance Test for admission under the General category, he/she shall be considered under the General category as well as the claimed reserved category. However, the admission to such candidate shall be given under one category only based on his/her standing in the merit list.
Vide Judgement dated 22.2.2011 in Case No. 1443 of 2006 (along with connected petitions), the Jamia Millia Islamia has been declared a Minority Educational Institution under Article 30 (1) of the Constitution of India read with Section 2 (g) of the National Commission for Minority Educational Institutions Act by the Commission. As a consequence thereof, the University shall provide for the following reservations:
- 30% of the total number of seats in each Program shall be earmarked for Muslim applicants.
- 10% of the total number of seats in each Program shall be earmarked for Women applicants who areMuslims.
- 10% of the total number of seats in each Program shall be earmarked for “Other Backward Classes” (OBCs)and Scheduled Tribes who are Muslims, as per the list notified by the Central Government.
Persons with Disabilities
3% seats in all Programs in Jamia Millia Islamia shall be reserved for physically challenged persons in accordance with the provisions of the Persons with Disabilities (Equal Opportunities, Protection of Rights and Full
Prospectus http://jmi.ac.in Participation) Act, 1995 under the following categories (to the extent of 1% each, and interchangeable intro in the case of nonavailability of eligible applicants):
- Blindness/low vision;
- Hearing impairment;
- Locomotor disability or cerebral palsy.
- Unless and otherwise provided, only such candidates shall be considered under this category who are suffering from not less than 40% of disability as certified by a competent medical authority.
- Provided that in the Faculty of Dentistry, candidates with only locomotory disability of lower limbs between 50% to 70% will be considered. In case of unavailability of such candidates, unfilled seats in this 3% quota shall be filled up by persons with locomotory disability of lower limbs between 40% to 50% before they are included in the annual sanctioned seats for General Category candidates as per the D.C.I. Gazette notification.
Internal (Jamia) Students
5% seats in all Undergraduate Degree/Diploma/Certificate Programs shall be filled by internal students of Jamia who have passed their qualifying examination (X or XII) from Jamia Schools as regular students.
Seats in various courses shall be reserved or special provisions are made for outstanding players and procedure shall be adopted for the purpose of admission as per details are given below or as may be decided from time to time by the Majlis-i-Tami (Academic Council):
- The Office of the Director, Physical Education may be contacted for any admission related queries.
- Candidates seeking admission under sports category must have represented at International / National/State/Regional/University (in the tournaments organized by Association of Indian Universities) Level in the game they are claiming admission.
- At the time of submission of admission form under sports category, a trial slip containing the photograph of the player shall be issued which the candidate must bring at the time of the trial.
- Relaxation to the extent of 5% of marks in aggregate or in the subject concerned, as the case may be, will be given to such candidates.
- Such candidates shall be considered for admission by the Shaikhul Jamia (Vice-Chancellor) over and above the seats allotted to each course on the recommendation of the Games & Sports Committee.
- Candidates selected under sports category shall have to give a self-attested undertaking for their conduct/participation in practice/representing the university team at the time of admission.
- All the original sports certificates shall be kept in the custody of Office of the Games and Sports for at least one year.
- Admission under sports category is limited to the following games: Athletics, Badminton, Basketball, Boxing, Cricket, Football, Hockey, Shooting, Table Tennis, Tennis, Volleyball, and Wrestling.
List of JMI MBA 2017 Centers (Expected)
|State||City||Mode of Exam|
|Andhra Pradesh||Hyderabad||Pen & Paper|
|Delhi||Delhi||Pen & Paper|