Feb 10, 2017
May 17, 2017
Jun 27, 2017
JNU Entrance Examination- B.A(HONS.) 2017 - Application Steps
Tentative JNU Entrance Examination- B.A(HONS.) 2017 Exam Dates
|Test Date||May 17, 2017|
|Test Start Date||May 17, 2017|
|Registration End Date||Mar 23, 2017|
|Test End Date||May 19, 2017|
|Test Results Date||Jun 27, 2017|
|Registration Start Date||Feb 10, 2017|
How to Apply for JNU Entrance Examination- B.A(HONS.) 2017
Instruction for Online Application Form:
- PLEASE REFOLD THE APPLICATION FORM ONLY WHERE IT WAS ORIGINALLY FOLDED. DO NOT STAPLE, PIN OR STITCH ANY DOCUMENTS WITH THE APPLICATION FORM. SEND THE BANK DRAFT IN THE ENVELOPE PROVIDED.
- KEEP IT LOOSE ALONG WITH THE APPLICATION FORM INSIDE THE ENVELOPE.
- Before posting the completed application form please check that:
- You have filled in the Application Form in your own handwriting.
- You have noted down your Application Form Number for future correspondence or retained a photocopy of the filled in Application Form.
- Your Application Form is complete in all respects.
- You have firmly affixed the recent passport size photograph in the Application Form.
- You have signed the application form in the space marked for signature.
- You fulfil the eligibility requirements as prescribed by the University for the disciplines/field(s) of study you are applying for. Please note that permission to appear in the entrance examination is subject to your fulfilling minimum eligibility requirements prescribed for admission to the concerned programmes of study and as notified in the Prospectus. You may therefore appear in the entrance examination only if you fulfil the eligibility requirements for the programmes for which you are seeking admission. Despite this caution, in case you do not meet the minimum eligibility criteria prescribed for the concerned programmes and appear in the entrance examination, you will do so at your own risk and cost, and if at any stage, it is found that you do not fulfil the minimum eligibility requirements, the admission, if granted to you, shall be cancelled ipso facto.
- You have enclosed the Demand Draft of the required amount (based on the number of choices you are applying for) drawn in favour of JAWAHARLAL NEHRU UNIVERSITY payable at New Delhi towards Entrance Examination/ Processing Fee as mentioned address in brochure.
- You can opt for appearing in the Entrance Examination upto a maximum of three fields of study of your choice for the same level of progrmmes to be indicated in the same Application Form in order of preference for admission.
- JNU will not accept responsibility for any postal delay or irregularity or loss in postal transit.
- PLEASE DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION FORM THROUGH PRIVATE COURIER SERVICES OR ANY OTHER POSTAL MODE EXCEPT REGISTERED POST/SPEED POST
- Any dispute with regard to any matter relating to admission shall be subject to the jurisdiction of Delhi Courts only.
- Requirements for Uploading Photograph and signature for Online Application Form:
- Photograph preferably taken on or after 1-Jan-2017 only have to be uploaded (preferable width 150px and height 200px) and size less than 50 KB. Signature size should be less than 20 KB(preferable width 60px and height 40px). The maximum file size for Photo and Signature is 50 KB, failing which you will not be able to complete your application. So you must check your information details carefully before final submission of your application form.
- General requirements for submission of online application form:
- The candidate is required to upload his/her photograph and signature of max size 20-50 KB.
- Keep the Photograph and Signature ready before applying online form.
- You should have a valid e-mail id and mobile no for communication and transaction of information.
- Please keep your Debit/Credit Card ready, if you want to pay the fee through Debit/Credit Card.
- Photograph and signature should be clear and identifiable.
- The candidates are required to take a printout of confirmation page and retain the same for their record but need not send the same to JNU.
- Entrance Examination Fee Payment : Cash payment at SBI Bank branches:
- Log on to admissions.jnu.ac.in or www.jnu.ac.in
- Log on to your account with your Form No. and Password.
- Online Debit/Credit Card Mode: You can Pay your registration fee payment through Credit/Debit card. Your payment will be reflected instantly in case of successful transaction.
- Cash Deposit in SBI: Select the cash payment option present in your page (my page) to deposit your entrance examination fees through cash.
- Application fee payment can be done online through Internet Banking, State Bank Of India, other banks to start soon.
- Take a printout of the SBI E- Deposit Slip
- Generate and Print E Slip and deposit your fee payment at bank on next working day of E-Slip generation.
- Payment status will be reflected on website after 48 hours.
Note: Please note that no manual cash deposit slip shall be entertained in any of the Bank branches. Only those candidates will be allowed to take the entrance examination, who have deposited the Entrance Examination Fee before the last date for submission of the application form.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR COMPLETING OFFLINE APPLICATION FORM:
- Please read the Check List given in the inside front cover of the brochure before and after filling-up the Application Form.
- Please note that there is separate Application Form for applying for Admission to Direct Ph.D.programmes and admission under NET/JRF Category.
- Please fill the form in your own handwriting.
- Please note down your Application Form Number for future correspondence or retain a photocopy of the filled in Application Form.
- The Application Form is to be filled in by the candidate IN BLACK INK ONLY giving complete information using capital letters as far as possible. Please read carefully the instructions given hereunder before filling up the form. Refer to the sample of a filled-in Application Form given in the Prospectus. Note especially the right method to darken the bubbles as shown in the Sample Application Form.
- First, write in black ink (using capital letters) the required information in the boxes (wherever provided). Then darken the appropriate bubble corresponding to the letter/numeral underneath each box. What you write in these boxes is only for your guidance and verification that you are darkening the bubble corresponding to the correct letter/numeral.
- If you wish to change a marking, completely cover the darkened bubble with white fluid, and then darken the appropriate bubble.
- Please note that your name, your parent's/guardian's name, and your date of birth should exactly be the same as given in your 10th class or first Board/Pre-Universtiy examination certificate. Any deviation, whenever discovered, may lead to cancellation of your candidature.
JNU Entrance Examination- B.A(HONS.) 2017 Relaxation Policy
- 27% seats for OBC, 15% of seats for SC, 7.5% of seats for ST, and 3% of seats for Physically Challenged(PH)(with minimum disability to the extent of 40%) are reserved for candidates belonging to these categories.
- All SC/ST/PH candidates who have passed and/or appearing in the
- qualifying examination are eligible to apply for admission
- irrespective of their percentage of marks.
- All SC/ST/OBC candidates are required to submit certificate in respect of their claims from the authorized officers as notified by the Government for the purpose from time to time.
- The Physically Handicapped candidates are required to submit a certificate from authorized Medical Doctors/Hospitals indicating the extent of physical disability. The percentage of disability is duly verified by the Chief Medical Officer Medical Board of the University before the benefit is extended to the candidate.
- Candidates belonging to OBC/SC/ST/PH category who are selected on their own merit with General Category candidates are not counted under reserved quota.
- The University has a provision to offer up to 15% of the seats in each programme of study to Foreign Nationals. These seats are over and above the intake fixed for each programme of study.
List of JNU Entrance Examination- B.A(HONS.) 2017 Centers (Expected)
|State||City||Mode of Exam|
|Delhi||New Delhi||Pen & Paper|