Dec 01, 2015
Apr 03, 2016
Jun 30, 2016
JEE(Main)-B.Arch./B. Planning 2016 Important Instructions
JEE(Main)-B.Arch./B. Planning Application FAQ
1) What mistakes can be corrected during month of January 2016 when the corrections will be allowed by the Board?
The correction in particulars can be done only if the candidates have paid the fee and completed all the steps of online application form of JEE (Main) . The candidates can modify all the particulars including city of examination, Paper - 2 to Paper -1 and vice versa or select both papers of his/her application form during the facility of correction in
January, 2017. The balance fee, if any due to correction in particulars, will have to be paid by the candidates during that period.
2) Will a candidate have a choice to change the mode of examination?
No, (B. Arch./B. Planning.) of JEE (Main) will be conducted only in Pen and Paper based examination mode.
3) What action is to be taken, if the candidate has entered incorrect Aadhaar enrolment Id or want to update their Aadhaar number.
Such candidates may also do the correction as clarified in Question 1 above.
4) The candidates applied for both paper 1 & Paper 2 but do not want to appear in Paper – 2 or Paper -1.
There is no compulsion for such candidates to appear in both papers, they can appear in the paper of their choice. But
there is no refund of fee.
5) When the candidates appearing in class 12th examination in 2017 or improvement examination in 2017 will enter their roll number of class 12th?
The option of entering Roll Number is not mandatory, if it is allotted then mention it, otherwise leave it empty and fill the remaining options in the JEE (Main).
6) What action is to be taken, if the candidate has submitted more than one application?
Normally, at the time of issuing admit card of JEE (Main) both the application of a candidate (which appear to be similar) are merged and only one admit card is issued. However, the candidate should send e-mail to email@example.com mentioning both the application numbers and specifying clearly the application number which they want to be considered.
7) In case the candidate(s) fails to book the date for online examination after paying the fees or the capacity in the selected city is full, how will they know about the date and session of the examination?
If a candidate does not make any selection, he/she shall be randomly assigned a slot/date as per the availability of the same in the examination city selected by them. Details of session and slot will be mentioned on their admit card which can be downloaded from the website during March 2017 as per schedule.
8) What action is to be taken, if the candidate has opted Hindi/Gujarati medium for examination and wants to appear in English medium?
The question paper will be bilingual (both in Hindi/English and Gujarati/English) for the candidates who have opted Hindi/Gujarati medium. The candidate can attempt question in any medium during examination.
9) What action is to be taken, if the candidate has opted English medium for examination and wants to appear Hindi/Gujarati in medium?
Such candidates should do the correction in their application form as mentioned in Question 1 above.
10) In case photograph is not having name and date, would the form be rejected?
Name of the candidate and date on which the photograph is taken is to be mentioned on the photograph, but in case uploaded photograph does not have name and date, the form will not be rejected and no correction is required in such a case and he/she will be issued admit card for appearing in JEE (Main) as usual.
11) If continuous time out or file not found error occurs while filling online application of JEE(Main)?
Use Mozilla Firefox/Internet Explorer (above 9.0) and good internet connection while filling online Application Form. In case of continuous times out clear cookies and history of the browser and fill in off-peak hours.
12) While paying the fee, what a candidate can do in case of failed transaction?
If the payment status of online transaction (by credit/debit card) is not communicated by payment gateway in real time then fee payment is not completed and candidate will not be able to download acknowledgement page. In this case, the candidates are required to pay the fees again either through online transaction or by e- challan and download the acknowledgement page. Your amount of failed transaction of credit/debit card will be refunded back within 7 to 10 days to card account. In case, fee payment is made through e-challan and the fee is not updated on the website, the candidate should contact the concerned bank/branch for updation of fee. Even if the challan is not updated by the bank till last date, such candidates should send the copy of paid e-challan through e-mail on firstname.lastname@example.org.
List of JEE(Main)-B.Arch./B. Planning 2016 Centers (Expected)
|State||City||Mode of Exam|
|Delhi||New Delhi||Pen & Paper|
|Madhya Pradesh||Dewas||Pen & Paper|