Dec 01, 2016
Mar 26, 2017
Apr 02, 2017
Apr 27, 2017
JEE (Main) - B.Arch./B. Planning 2017 - Application Steps
How to Apply for JEE (Main) - B.Arch./B. Planning 2017
Pen and Paper Based Examination
JEE (Main) )Paper-2 (B. Arch./B.Planning)
- The fee may be paid either by credit/debit card or through e-challan generated during the online filling of the application form.
- In the case of e-challan, the payment should be made in the Syndicate/Canara/ICICI/HDFC Bank in cash. Please note that fee submitted by any other mode like money order, demand draft, IPO etc. will be rejected. Application fee once paid will not be refunded (full or partial) under any circumstances.
In case the examination fee is paid through credit/debit card, the candidates will need to pay an Additional processing charge as following:-
Credit Card:-1.20% of the examination fee plus the service tax as applicable.
Debit Card:- 0.75%+taxes for examination fee up to Rs.2000 and 1%+taxes for examination fee more than Rs.2000.
The candidates are required to check the status of fee payment at CBSE website and if the status is „OK the candidate will be able to take the printout of Acknowledgement Page. In case, the fee payment status is not OK the candidates are advised as following:-
i) If the fee is paid through e-challan by depositing cash in the above-mentioned bank, the candidate should contact immediately the concerned bank to update his/her fee status on the website.
ii) If the fee is paid through credit/debit card and status is not OK, it means the transaction is canceled and the amount will, automatically, be refunded to concerned credit/debit card within 7 – 10 days. Therefore, such candidates have to pay the fee once again and ensure the OK fee status.
Note: In the cities, Bahrain, Dubai, Muscat, Riyadh and Sharjah Paper – 1 will be conducted in both the modes, however, the candidates choosing the mode of Computer Based Examination for Paper – 1 will appear for Examination only on 09th April
Candidates are allowed to submit only one application form. More than one application i.e. Multiple applications from a candidate will be rejected.
The name of the candidate and his/her parent's name in the application form must exactly be the same as registered in Class 12th / equivalent qualifying Examination. No prefix/title such as Mr/Shri/Fr/Dr/Mrs/Smt/Col etc should be used.
No options can be changed at a later stage after submission of an application. However, a chance may be given to the candidates to correct/modify some of the particular(s)of the application form online only, with a valid reason(s), after one week of closing date. The candidates are advised to see the website and newspaper regularly to know the exact date when the correction(s)/modification(s) will be allowed online only.
No change will be accepted through offline i.e. through fax/application including e-mail etc.
The JEE (Main) application has been made completely online i.e. the candidate have to fill the particulars online and also upload their photograph and signature. Due to above, the provision of sending hard copy of the application i.e. acknowledgment page to the JEE (Main) office has been done away with. Therefore the candidates are advised not to send hard copy of the application i.e. acknowledgment page to JEE (Main) Secretariat.
However, the candidates are advised to retain the hard copy of the application i.e. acknowledgment page for future reference or correspondence, if any.
Candidate(s) may check the status of their application on JEE (Main)website.
Eligibility for JEE (Main) - B.Arch./B. Planning 2017
JEE (Main) - B.Arch./B. Planning 2017 Important Instructions
- Please ensure your eligibility as per the criteria laid down for JEE (Main), JEE (Advanced) and participating State Institutions (as applicable).
- All the candidates who have submitted the online application and paid the examination fee till the last date will be allowed to appear in JEE (Main) and their admit cards will be uploaded on the website as per schedule.
- The JEE (Main) secretariat/CBSE do neither verify the information filled by the candidates in the application form nor verify any certificate of category/educational qualification for deciding the eligibility of candidates.
- The certificates of educational qualification and category (if applied under reserved category) will be verified by the concerned institution. The candidates are, therefore, advised to ensure their eligibility and the category (if applying under reserved category).
- The CBSE will, in no way, be responsible for any wrong/incorrect information furnished by the candidate(s) in their online application form.
- The letter/e-mails in this regard will not be entertained by JEE (Main) Secretariat/CBSE.
- The use of Aadhaar for the candidates of JEE (Main) will result in an accuracy of the candidates? details.
- This will also help in ascertaining identities of the candidates at the examination centers in a convenient and hassle free manner.
- Aadhaar obviates the need for producing multiple documents to prove one?s identity.
- The provisions of the Aadhaar Act and Regulations under the Act have come into effect from 14th September 2016 and notifications to this effect have been published in the Official Gazette. Section 57 of the Aadhaar Act 2016 permits the use of Aadhaar number for establishing the identity of an individual for any purpose pursuant to any law or any contract to this effect.
- Accordingly, CBSE has decided to use Aadhaar for the candidates of JEE (Main), and hereby notifies the following:
1. Candidates, who are in possession of Aadhaar, shall enter Aadhaar number, name, date of birth & gender in the online application for JEE(Main) for the purpose of his/her identity and authentication thereof.
2. Candidates not yet enrolled for Aadhaar, are hereby required to make application for Aadhaar enrolment in case he/she is entitled to obtain Aadhaar as per section 3 of Aadhaar Act. Such applicant may visit any Aadhaar enrolment center (list available at Offical Website) to get enrolled for Aadhaar.
3. In order to facilitate such candidates who are not having Aadhaar, the CBSE has specially set up facilitation centers in each city of examination for the purpose of Aadhaar enrolment.
4. The candidates can approach such facilitation centers who will not charge any amount from any applicant for Aadhaar enrolment.
5. The list of the facilitation center is available on Offical Website. These candidates who have enrolled for Aadhaar and have not received Aadhaar should enter 14 digit Aadhaar Enrolment ID (including slash) printed on the Aadhaar enrolment slip at the time of filling online application form for JEE(Main).
6. In case Aadhaar enrolment facility is not available at the facilitation centers, the candidates should submit a request for Aadhaar enrolment. The facilitation center will issue a registration number to such candidates. This registration number should be entered by the candidates at the time of filling online application form for JEE(Main).
- The above provisions shall be applicable in all states except J&K, Assam & Meghalaya.
- The candidates who have passed or appearing in Class XII examination from the states of J&K, Assam & Meghalaya need to enter the passport number, ration card number, bank account number or any other valid Govt. identity number provided they should select the city of examination in these states only.
- The Hon be High Court of Delhi alone will have the jurisdiction to settle and decide all matters and disputes related to JEE (Main) as JEE Apex Board located at CBSE Delhi is organizing the JEE (Main) examination.
- The offer of admission shall be subject to verification of original certificates/ documents at the time of admission. If any candidate is found ineligible at a later date even after admission to an Institute, his/her admission will be canceled.
- The candidates must have their own personal and valid email id. They are also advised to have their own mobile number. The candidates are advised to retain the same mobile number and email id in use which they have furnished in the application form because the important information may be given to the candidates through SMS or e-mail.
- The decision of the JEE Apex Board regarding the eligibility of any applicant shall be final.
- All correspondence related to JEE (Main)–2017 should be addressed to:
The Executive Director, (JAB),
Central Board of Secondary Education,
H-149, Sector - 63, Noida
Distt. Gautam Budh Nagar 201309 (UP)
- For candidates who appeared in the Class XII (or equivalent) Board examination in 2016 but reappeared in 2017, the best of the two performances will be considered.
- If a Board awards only letter grades without providing an equivalent percentage of marks on the grade sheet, the candidate should obtain a certificate from the Board specifying the equivalent marks and submit it at the time of acceptance of the allocated seat. In case such a certificate is not provided, the decision taken by the CSAB/JoSAA will be final.
- If a Board gives aggregate marks considering both Class XI and Class XII examinations (in the 10+2 system), then only Class XII marks will be considered. Similarly, for Boards which follow a semester system, the marks scored in the final two semesters will be considered.
- If a Board does not give marks scored in individual subjects but gives only the aggregate marks, then the aggregate marks given by the Board will be considered as such.
- The category-wise cut-off marks for the top 20 percentile are calculated based on the marks scored by all the “successful” candidates in their respective boards in the particular year.
- If a candidate passes Class XII in 2016 but writes one or a few subjects in 2017 for improvement or any other reason, then top 20 percentile cut-off for 2016 will be considered. However, if a candidate writes all the subjects in 2017, then the best of the two performances will be considered.
- In case a Board does not provide information about the cut-off for the top 20 percentile, the candidate will have to produce a certificate from the respective Board stating that he/she falls within the top 20 percentile of successful candidates. If the candidate fails to do so, then the cut-off marks for the CBSE will be used.
- Please check the Admit Card carefully for your Name, Paper, Date of Birth, Gender, Test Centre
- Name, City, State Code of Eligibility and Category. In a case of any discrepancy, communicate to JEE (Main) Secretariat immediately for necessary action.
- The Admit Card is issued provisionally to the candidate subject to his/her satisfying the eligibility conditions.
- Candidates are advised to reach the venue at least 21⁄2 hours before the examination so as to complete the frisking and registration formalities well before the time. The registration desk will be closed 05 minutes prior to the examination.
- The candidate must show, on demand, the Admit Card for admission in the examination room/hall.
- A candidate who does not possess the Admit Card issued by the Board shall not be permitted for the examination under any circumstances by the Centre Superintendent.
- The candidates claiming the relaxation under PwD category must carry with them the copy PwD certificate in the prescribed format (Appendix 9) issued by the Competent Authority.
- No candidate, under any circumstances, will be allowed to enter the Examination Centre after the commencement of the examination.
- A seat indicating roll number will be allocated to each candidate. Candidate should find out occupy their allotted seat only. Any candidate found to have changed room or the seat on his/her
- own other than allotted, his/her candidature shall be canceled and no plea would be accepted for it.
- The candidate should ensure that the question paper available on the computer is as per his/her choice of medium. In case, the question paper is in medium other than his/her choice, the same
- may be brought to the notice of the Invigilator concerned.
- No Candidate will be allowed to carry any baggage inside the Examination Centre. JEE Apex Board will not be responsible for any belongings stolen or lost at the premises.
- Candidates are not allowed to carry any textual material, Calculators, Docu Pen, Slide Rules, Log Tables, Electronic Watches with facilities of calculator, printed or written material, bits of papers, mobile phone, pager or any other device, except the Admit Card, identity proof inside the Examination Room/Hall.
- If any candidate is in possession of any of the above items, his/her candidature will be treated as unfair means and his/her current examination will be canceled & he/she will also be debarred for future examination(s) & the equipment will be seized. Smoking and eating are strictly prohibited in the examination room.
- Tea, coffee, cold drinks or snacks are not allowed to be taken into the examination rooms during examination hours.
- Approach the Center Superintendent/Invigilator in the room for any technical assistance, first aid emergency or any other information during the course of the examination.
- No candidate, without the special permission of the Centre Superintendent or the Invigilator concerned, will leave his/her seat or Examination Room until the full duration of the paper.
- Candidates must follow the instructions strictly as instructed by the Centre Superintendent/Invigilators.
- For any queries or issues regarding computer-based examination, the candidates may contact on
- Toll-free Call Centre No. which will be available on JEE (Main) website later on.
** Note that all the aspirant and registered candidates of JEE (Main) that the facility for correction in their data (particulars) will be operational on the Offical website from 25/01/2017 to 03/02/2017
JEE (Main) - B.Arch./B. Planning 2017 Relaxation Policy
As per Government of India rules, candidates belonging to certain categories are admitted to seats reserved for them based on relaxed criteria. These categories are:
- Other Backward Classes (OBC) - Non-Creamy layer as per the central list of Other Backward Classes available on National Commission for Backward Classes (NCBC), Government of India website
- Scheduled Castes (SC)
- Scheduled Tribes (ST)
- Persons with Disability (PWD) - Benefit of reservation for admission to NITs/ IIITs and CFTIs shall be given only to those classes/ castes/ tribes which are in the respective central list published by the Govt of India. For admission to State Engineering colleges who have opted for admission through JEE (Main), the reservation rules of that state shall apply
JEE (Main) - B.Arch./B. Planning Application FAQ
1) What mistakes can be corrected during month of January 2016 when the corrections will be allowed by the Board?
The correction in particulars can be done only if the candidates have paid the fee and completed all the steps of online application form of JEE (Main) . The candidates can modify all the particulars including city of examination, Paper - 2 to Paper -1 and vice versa or select both papers of his/her application form during the facility of correction in
January, 2017. The balance fee, if any due to correction in particulars, will have to be paid by the candidates during that period.
2) Will a candidate have a choice to change the mode of examination?
No, (B. Arch./B. Planning.) of JEE (Main) will be conducted only in Pen and Paper based examination mode.
3) What action is to be taken, if the candidate has entered incorrect Aadhaar enrolment Id or want to update their Aadhaar number.
Such candidates may also do the correction as clarified in Question 1 above.
4) The candidates applied for both paper 1 & Paper 2 but do not want to appear in Paper – 2 or Paper -1.
There is no compulsion for such candidates to appear in both papers, they can appear in the paper of their choice. But
there is no refund of fee.
5) When the candidates appearing in class 12th examination in 2017 or improvement examination in 2017 will enter their roll number of class 12th?
The option of entering Roll Number is not mandatory, if it is allotted then mention it, otherwise leave it empty and fill the remaining options in the JEE (Main).
6) What action is to be taken, if the candidate has submitted more than one application?
Normally, at the time of issuing admit card of JEE (Main) both the application of a candidate (which appear to be similar) are merged and only one admit card is issued. However, the candidate should send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning both the application numbers and specifying clearly the application number which they want to be considered.
7) In case the candidate(s) fails to book the date for online examination after paying the fees or the capacity in the selected city is full, how will they know about the date and session of the examination?
If a candidate does not make any selection, he/she shall be randomly assigned a slot/date as per the availability of the same in the examination city selected by them. Details of session and slot will be mentioned on their admit card which can be downloaded from the website during March 2017 as per schedule.
8) What action is to be taken, if the candidate has opted Hindi/Gujarati medium for examination and wants to appear in English medium?
The question paper will be bilingual (both in Hindi/English and Gujarati/English) for the candidates who have opted Hindi/Gujarati medium. The candidate can attempt question in any medium during examination.
9) What action is to be taken, if the candidate has opted English medium for examination and wants to appear Hindi/Gujarati in medium?
Such candidates should do the correction in their application form as mentioned in Question 1 above.
10) In case photograph is not having name and date, would the form be rejected?
Name of the candidate and date on which the photograph is taken is to be mentioned on the photograph, but in case uploaded photograph does not have name and date, the form will not be rejected and no correction is required in such a case and he/she will be issued admit card for appearing in JEE (Main) as usual.
11) If continuous time out or file not found error occurs while filling online application of JEE(Main)?
Use Mozilla Firefox/Internet Explorer (above 9.0) and good internet connection while filling online Application Form. In case of continuous times out clear cookies and history of the browser and fill in off-peak hours.
12) While paying the fee, what a candidate can do in case of failed transaction?
If the payment status of online transaction (by credit/debit card) is not communicated by payment gateway in real time then fee payment is not completed and candidate will not be able to download acknowledgement page. In this case, the candidates are required to pay the fees again either through online transaction or by e- challan and download the acknowledgement page. Your amount of failed transaction of credit/debit card will be refunded back within 7 to 10 days to card account. In case, fee payment is made through e-challan and the fee is not updated on the website, the candidate should contact the concerned bank/branch for updation of fee. Even if the challan is not updated by the bank till last date, such candidates should send the copy of paid e-challan through e-mail on email@example.com.
List of JEE (Main) - B.Arch./B. Planning 2017 Centers (Expected)
|State||City||Mode of Exam|
|Delhi||New Delhi||Pen & Paper|
|Madhya Pradesh||Dewas||Pen & Paper|