Karnataka PGCET - Karnataka Post Graduate Common Entrance Test (Karnataka PGCET - 2016)
May 24, 2016
Jun 20, 2016
Jul 02, 2016
Jul 15, 2016
Karnataka PGCET 2016 - Application Steps
Eligibility for Karnataka PGCET 2016
For Full-Time MBA courses: A candidate who has passed Recognized Bachelor’s Degree of minimum of 3 years duration examination or equivalent examination and obtained an aggregate minimum of 50% marks taken together in all the subjects including languages in all the years of the Degree Examination is eligible for admission to MBA courses. (45% of marks in Qualifying Exam in case of SC, ST and Category-I of Karnataka candidates)
For Part Time MBA courses: A candidate who has passed recognized Bachelor’s Degree of minimum of 3 years duration examination or equivalent examination and obtained an aggregate minimum of 50% marks taken together in all the subjects including languages in all the years of the Degree Examination is eligible for admission to MBA courses (45% of marks in Qualifying Exam in case of SC, ST and Category-I of Karnataka candidates). In addition to this, a candidate after obtaining the degree must have worked for not less than three years as on 31st July 2015, in an establishment and must be working in an organization situated within a radial distance of 40 km from the institution in which the candidate seeks admission.
Age – Applicants must not be less than 21 years of age. Only students above 21 years are eligible for exam
Marks- aggregate minimum of 50% marks taken together in all the subjects including languages in all the years of the Degree Examination is eligible for admission to MBA courses.
Karnataka PGCET 2016 Important Instructions
1. Candidates can apply for PGCET only “Online”.
2. Information Bulletin can be downloaded from the Website (http://kea.kar.nic.in).
3. Online submission of Application Form may be made by accessing KEA Website (http://kea.kar.nic.in) Instructions for Online submission of Application Form are available in the Information Bulletin and on the KEA Website (http://kea.kar.nic.in).
4. Candidates must follow the instructions strictly as given in the Information Bulletin and on KEA Website (http://kea.kar.nic.in) Candidates not complying with the instructions shall be summarily disqualified.
5.Candidates must retain the following documents with them as the reference for future correspondence.
(i) At least three printouts of the finally submitted online Application.
(ii) Proof of fee paid
(iii) 2-3 copies of identical Photograph that scanned and uploaded on the Online Application.
6. (a) Candidate must ensure that mobile numbers, e-mail address entered in the online application form are his/her own as in the case of urgency KEA may send information / communications by SMS or mail on given the mobile number and mailing ID only.
(b) The Candidate / parents shall be held responsible for non-receipt of latest information due to wrong mobile number or mailing address filled in the On-Line Application Form.
7. Candidates must preserve the Admit Card till the admission in College or Institution.
8. For the latest updates, candidates must remain in touch with the KEA Website (http://kea.kar.nic.) in till the completion of a final round of counseling.
9. Candidates/parents are advised to visit KEA Website (http://kea.kar.nic.in) at least twice in a day for the latest news / updates and also check their mobile / e-mail as in the case of urgency KEA may send the information / communications.
10. KEA will reserve the right to withdraw any such admission made at any point of time which is not fulfilling the eligibility criteria / regulations fixed by the Competent Authority from time to time.
Karnataka PGCET 2016 Relaxation Policy
- A candidate who desires to claim a seat reserved for caste / category groups, viz., SC, ST Category-1, 2A, 2B, 3A, and 3B should produce the “Income and Caste Certificate” issued by the Tahasildar of the concerned Taluk. If a candidate makes a claim in his / her PGCET Application under any of the Caste-Category groups,KEA will not verify the claim at the initial stage.
- However when the candidate attends the document verification process on the prescribed date the candidate has to produce the required Income and Caste Certificate as claimed in the
- application form, failing which the candidate will not be allowed to verify their documents under that particular Caste / Category.
- Any request for allowing the candidate to verify the documents under that particular Caste / Category with a permission to produce the Income and Caste Certificate subsequently / or later date or day will not be entertained under any circumstances.
- The candidate who claims Reservation Caste Category and other reservation benefits in PGCET online application form are advised to attend document verification with the relevant certificates / documents.
List of Karnataka PGCET 2016 Centers (Expected)
|State||City||Mode of Exam|
|Karnataka||Bengaluru||Pen & Paper|
the most popular courses across India, at one place
Create a free Profile now.
the most popular exams across India, at one place