May 24, 2017
Jun 20, 2017
Jul 02, 2017
Jul 23, 2017
How to Apply for Karnataka PGCET 2017
Candidates can apply for PGCET only “Online”.
- Online application is a user-friendly application.
- Candidates are required to select “PGCET Online Application” by browsing URL on Official Website.
- Have candidates to click on “New User" "Click Here to Register” on the home page of online application form.
- Candidates will have to provide all the required information in the candidate registration form and submit. After successful registration, candidates will receive an Application number and User-ID to their registered mobile phone number and email-id and also same will be displayed on the screen.
- A Login Prompt will be displayed and candidates are required to enter the User ID and Password created by them and Login.
- On successful login by the candidates “Student information” will be displayed, in which the candidates have to start entering the required information.
- Once the candidates complete the student information entries, they will have to save the entries made. The candidates will enter the all the study details and select “save and next” button.
- After successful saving the study details, the candidates will have to upload the -
- Scanned images of Photograph
- Candidate signature
- Candidate Left Hand Thumb Impression
- Parent Signature
- Select “save and next” button.
- Candidates have to take the printout of the Challan copy which is in triplicate.
- Candidates of Karnataka origin have to pay an amount of Rs. 650/- for General and OBC (Rs.500/- for SC / ST Category-1).
- The candidates have to pay the requisite fee in any of the branch of specified banks.
- The bank will retain bank copy of the Challan respectively and handover the remaining two copies of the Challan to the candidates.
- After completion of the above steps, the candidates have take the draft printouts, carefully verify the entries made by them and if any changes are required they can do so by login in any number of times before selecting the declaration.
- Candidates have to take the printout of the application form on A-4 Size sheet of paper.Afterwards students have to obtain Principal seal and signature from the college where they have studied Final Year Diploma on the space provided in the printed form.
- The same copy should be produced during document verification along with the copy of the Challan (KEA copy).
Eligibility for Karnataka PGCET 2017
- A candidate who has passed Recognised Bachelor’s Degree of minimum of 3 years duration examination or equivalent examination and obtained an aggregate minimum of 50% marks taken together in all the subjects including languages in all the years of the Degree Examination is eligible for admission to MBA courses. (45% of marks in Q. E. in case of SC, ST and Category-I of Karnataka candidates) (Reservation is applicable only for Karnataka Candidates).
Karnataka PGCET 2017 Important Instructions
- Use of any calculator or log table etc is prohibited.
- There are no negative marks for incorrect answers.
- The eligible candidates have to compulsorily appear for the Examination as per the schedule to become eligible for further process of admission. The names of the candidate will not be included Merit list and will not be considered for further admission process who fails to appear for the examination.
- Mere appearing for Examination does not confer any right on the candidate for admission.
- Candidates will not be allowed to carry ANY Modern Electronic Equipments, Pagers, Mobile Phones, Bluetooth, Markers, White Fluid, Calculator, Wireless sets, bits of paper, books/note etc. into the Examination Hall. The candidate (s) found in possession of any of these items in the examination hall will be treated as unfair means and his/her result will not be declared.
- The candidates are not allowed to wear any type of watch in the examination hall/room.
- The candidate should note that their candidature is strictly provisional. The mere fact that Admission Ticket has been issued and the candidate is allowed to appear for the examination shall not imply that the KEA has finally accepted his / her candidature.
- Along with the Admission Ticket candidate has to carry any one valid Identity Card like College Identity Card, Bus Pass, Driving License, Passport, Aadhar Card, PAN Card, Voter ID.
- The candidates have to follow the instructions given by the invigilators in the examination hall/room and should not argue with the invigilators or other staff involved in the examination duty at the examination centre. The candidates, who will not follow the instructions, will be treated as unfair means and his/her result will not be declared.
- No candidate will be allowed to appear at the examination centre other than that allotted to him/her in the admission ticket.
- The candidate should not carry more than two / three ball point pens (blue/black) to the examination hall and also they should not carry pencil with them to the examination hall.
Karnataka PGCET 2017 Relaxation Policy
Reservation for Ex-Defence Special category:
Son or daughter of Ex-Servicemen should obtain and produce a certificate showing the home address of the parent issued by the Joint Director/Deputy Director of the concerned district and countersigned by the Director, Department of Sainik Welfare and Resettlement, Bangalore failing which they will not be allowed for verification of certificates and also for later seat selection under Ex-Defence. Ex-Servicemen for the purpose of this clause includes personnel belonging to the Civil GT COYS ASC who were Civilian Class III or Class IV Government Servants, who became permanently disabled or were killed during hostilities.
Reservation for Physically Disabled Special category:
The candidates claiming reservation under this category will be required to appear for Medical examination on the specified date before a Committee comprising of the Executive Director, KEA as Chairman and
three specialists from the Department of Orthopedics, Ophthalmology and ENT, nominated by the Government. Candidates with physical disability ranging above 40% should produce a Medical certificate issued by competent Doctor of any Government Hospital located in the State of Karnataka in the field of concerned disability, on the day of Medical examination only.
Candidates suffering from hearing disability should compulsorily obtain and produce a BSER (Brain Stem Evoked Response) Audiometry report from NIMHANS/Manipal Hospital/Government Speech and Hearing Institute, Lingarajapuram, Bangalore. The Medical Board will
examine the candidate and certificate and certify regarding the percentage of disability and the decision of the Medical Board is final. For the purpose of this proviso, persons with disability
shall have the same meaning assigned to it as in the Persons with Disabilities (Equal Opportunities, Protection of Rights and Participation) Act 1995 (Central Act 1 / 1995). The candidates with disability less than 40% will not be eligible for claiming a seat under Physically Disabled category.
Reservation For Reserved Category Candidates (ONLY For Karnataka Candidates):
Reservation is made in favour of candidates belonging to the Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes and Other Backward Classes of citizens under categories 1, 2A, 2B, 3A and 3B in accordance with
Government Order No. SWL 251 BCA 94 dated 31st January 1995, as amended from time to time.
Production of a “Caste Certificate / Caste Income Certificate” issued by the concerned Jurisdictional Tahasildar in accordance with the Government order No. Sa Ka E 225 BCA 2002 dated 30th March 2002, as amended from time to time, in Form ‘D’ in case of Scheduled Castes & Scheduled Tribes; in Form ‘E’ in case of Category-I; in Form ‘F’ in case of Other Backward Classes like 2A, 2B, 3A and 3B in support of the claim is mandatory for selecting a seat under reserved category.
List of Karnataka PGCET 2017 Centers (Expected)
|State||City||Mode of Exam|
|Karnataka||Bangalore||Pen & Paper|