KCET- BE/B.Tech (KCET- BE/B.Tech - 2017)
Jan 15, 2017
Apr 23, 2017
May 02, 2017
May 28, 2017
KCET- BE/B.Tech 2017 - Application Steps
How to Apply for KCET- BE/B.Tech 2017
- Please download the e-brochure from KEA Website and read the instructions carefully before start entering the application online. Enter all the detailsONLINE by browsing URL on web by selecting “CET UG Online Application”. After completion of entry of all the details candidate’s will receive an application ID and Password to their registered mobile phone number and to email address and also the same information will be displayed on the screen.
- Upload the scanned copy of recent passport size Colour Photograph, Signature and Left Hand Thumb Impression in JPG / JPEG format separately.
- Print the Challan copy which is in triplicate. Candidates of Karnataka origin have to pay an amount of Rs. 650/- for General and OBC (Rs.500/- for SC / ST Category-1 of Karnataka candidates only). Rs.750/- in case of candidates residing outside the state of Karnataka and Rs.5,000/- in case of candidates residing outside India. The candidates have to pay the requisite fee in any of the branch of the Banks prescribed. The bank will retain bank copy of the Challan and handover the remaining two copies of the Challan to the candidates. The candidates who are residing outside India shall pay the fees in the form of Demand Draft drawn in favour of Executive Director, Karnataka Examinations Authority, payable at Bangalore, the demand draft should be sent to KEA address by mentioning the application number.
- Take a printout of the application form on A-4 Size paper. Obtain Principal seal and signature from the college where you have studied 2nd PUC or 12th Standard on the space provided in the printed form. The same copy should be produced during document verification.
- Note: Candidates should note down their application ID and Password until the completion of filling of the online application. Candidate has to enter all the required details in the form, failing which their application will not be considered. Applications without Photo and signature will not be considered as valid. Candidates are not allowed to edit their application after selecting declaration / taking the final printout.
- Candidates are advised to verify and confirm that they are fulfilling any one of the Eligibility Clauses updated on the KEA Website and also in the e-brochure before applying for admission to Government seats in Professional Colleges in the state of Karnataka for the year. For any reason the fee paid by the candidates will not be refunded.
- The information / particulars furnished by the candidates in their CET online application form will be deemed as “Final” and be the basis for further process. The information furnished in the CET online application form with regard to Caste/Category and Annual Income remains the same for the purpose of assignment of ranks/selection or allotment of a seat and no change will be entertained in future for any reason.
Eligibility for KCET- BE/B.Tech 2017
KCET- BE/B.Tech 2017 Important Instructions
- Karnataka Examinations Authority is conducting online seat allotment by obtaining the options from CET Rank holders for admission to Engineering/ Technology. Seats will be allotted based on the merit and priority of options entered by the candidates.
- All candidates are advised to read the instructions carefully and understand the process clearly before keying in options.
- Candidates are required to make the right choices thereby ensuring that the seat allotment process is completed successfully. KEA will bring out important and relevant information from time to time for smooth implementation of online counseling.
- A candidate who had obtained a seat in any discipline through KEA (CET Cell) in any of the previous years will not be eligible for allotment of a seat to the same discipline. However, he / she is eligible to appear for CET for allotment of seats in any other discipline. Eg: If a candidate had selected Engineering seat during previous year, he / she will not be considered for allotment of seats in the same discipline. However he / she is eligible to appear for CET for selection of Medical / Dental / ISM&H / Architecture/B.Sc agriculture and Farm science courses, B-Pharma, Pharma-D etc if he / she is eligible. Automatically the previous year selected seat gets cancelled, upon selection of a seat in a different discipline during the year.
- The information / particulars furnished by the candidates in their CET application form will be deemed as “Final” and be the basis for further process. No change in any information furnished will be entertained.
- Before claiming eligibility for Government seats, make sure that you satisfy any one of the eligibility clauses detailed in the brochure. The candidates who do not satisfy any of the eligibility clauses will not be eligible for admission to Government seats.
- If the information furnished by the candidates in the application form or any other documents submitted by the candidates / parents are found to be false / incorrect, such candidate’s seat will be cancelled at any point of time during her / his course of study and criminal proceedings as per rules will be initiated by the Government against the candidate.
- Applicants who are wards of Jammu & Kashmiri migrants are required to appear for the Common Entrance Test for admission to professional courses for the seats earmarked for them by the Government. (Refer Item– brochure.)
- The information furnished by the candidate in the CET application form with regard to Caste / Category and Annual Income remains the same for the purpose of assignment of ranks / selection or allotment of a seat and no change will be entertained in future for any reason.
KCET- BE/B.Tech 2017 Relaxation Policy
Relaxation Policy- 40% for SC/ST candidates in 10+2 Reservation policy- The reservation of seat under KCET will be finalized by KEA. Categories which are entitled to this privilege are SC/ST/OBC. Apart from this, candidates belonging to NCC, Sports, Scout, Ward of Defence Personnel, Physically Disabled, Anglo-Indian, Rural Region, Kannada Medium, Jammu and Kashmir Migrants also enjoy certain privileges under KCET seat reservation. Exact number or percentage of the reserved seats under KCET will be announced with official notification. To claim their entitlement for reserved seats candidates should be able to produce the required certificates of proof. These certificates must be issued by the Government recognized bodies.
KCET- BE/B.Tech Application FAQ
1) What is KCET?
The Karnataka Common Entrance Test (KCET) is conducted by the “Karnataka Examinations Authority” (KEA) for candidates of Karnataka and the children of Jammu & Kashmiri migrants for admissions to the first semester or first year of full time courses in engineering, technology courses (B.E./ B.Tech), naturopathy & yoga, architecture courses (B.Arch), unani, homoeopathy, ayurveda, dental (BDS) and medical (MBBS) in private aided or private un-aided professional colleges or University in Karnataka.
2) How do i have to pay the fees?
Prescribed fees should be paid in the form of Demand Draft drawn in favour of the “Executive Director, Karnataka Examinations Authority” payable at respective helpline centre as the case may be.
3) If any column is left blank while filling the Application Form what happens?
It will be rejected – please verify and confirm that every column has been filled before submitting the application.
4) I am a repeater student from Karnataka. Where can, I get the CET application form?
You can go to the institution where you have studied & passed and pay a DD of Rs. 650/ to get the application or you can obtain the application directly by sending a DD for Rs. 750/? with a self addressed envelope to the KEA office.
5) How much DD should I have to pay for the application as I am a repeater student belonging to SC/ ST/ Cat?1?
You have pay a DD of Rs. 500/ if you want to get the application through the institution that you have studied OR you can send a DD of 750/ with a self addressed envelope to the KEA office of you want the form directly KEA will send the broacher cum application form to your address by speed post.
6) I am a student residing outside Karnataka. Can apply for KCET?
Please read the eligibility clauses in our website before applying for KCET .
7) When is it conducted ?
It is usually conducted in the month of MAY. This year, the entrance test is being conducted on First week of may.
8) When will I get my Admit Card?
Admit card will be available for view and print from first week of May(Onwards). You will have to log onto the KEA website with your registered User ID. You will be eligible for an Admit Card only upon submission of online application form. You will receive an automated email confirmation upon successful submission.
9) Is it necessary to apply separately for Medical and Engineering courses?
Not necessary. Application form is common for all the courses.
10) I am an SC/ST repeater student.I want to get the application form directly to my residence. How much amount of DD I have to send?
You have to send a DD for Rs. 750/? payable at Bangalore.
11) Can I send my requisition for obtaining KCET application, through courier?
No. KEA will not take the responsibility for envelops sent through courier or given in person or through any other private arrangements.
12) In the Application Form few columns are not relevant to me. However you have said that all incomplete applications will be rejected. What to do in such circumstances?
The Application has to be filled up in all respects. Where ever any column is not applicable, the candidate shall write N.A. in the relevant column.
13) Is it necessary to write the previous KCET No.in the column provided in the Application Form?
If you have taken a seat in any of the discipline through KEA then it is necessary to write the previous KCET No., college, course etc.
14) I am a ‘B’ Certificate holder in NCC. Can I mark reservation under special category in the KCET application form?
Yes. You can mark in special category.
15) If I loose my verification slip after verification what shall I do?
Please contact the helpline centre where you have verified your documents. It is an important document which may be required for all other future work.
List of KCET- BE/B.Tech 2017 Centers (Expected)
|State||City||Mode of Exam|
the most popular courses across India, at one place
Create a free Profile now.
the most popular exams across India, at one place