Feb 01, 2017
Mar 28, 2017
Apr 24, 2017
May 25, 2017
KEAM BE/B.TECH 2017 - Application Steps
How to Apply for KEAM BE/B.TECH 2017
Step1: Candidate Registration
2. Date of Birth
3. Email ID
4. Mobile Phone Number
6. Retype your password
7. Security question and Answer
8. Type the code in the box
Step 2: Candidate Login
Login is required for doing all other steps of online submission.
1. Application Number:
In order to login, enter your Application Number provided by the system at the time of registration.
The password must be typed exactly as provided at the time of registration. Remember that the password is case sensitive.
3. Type the code in the box
Step 3: Fill-up Application
The first step for filling up application is to upload applicant’s recent passport size photograph.
Guidelines for scanning and uploading photograph:
For applying online, the candidates must have scanned/digital image of his/her photograph. The Specification of photograph image should be as follows:
- The face of the candidate should be straight and at thecentre.
- Photograph must be in colour with a light colour background, white is preferable.
- Photo wearing caps and dark glasses will be rejected.
- Scanned image file should be in jpg (jpeg) format only.
- Dimensions of the photograph 150 pixels width and 200 pixels height
- Size of the image file should be between 15 kb and 30 kb
- Candidate’s name and date of photo taken should be printed at the bottom portion of the photograph with black letter and white background.
Procedure for Uploading Photograph:
When logging into online Application portal, you are directed to your home page. For uploading photograph, click the 'Fill-up Application' button on the homepage. Under the section named ‘Upload Your Recent Photo’,
- click on ‘Browse’ and select the location where the scanned photograph file has been saved. 'Open' the photo file after clicking on it. The file details will be displayed on the screen. If it is correct click the 'Upload' button.
- If the specified size and dimensions are met by the jpg file, the selected photograph will be uploaded to the application.
- Remember, a printed copy of the uploaded photo should be affixed on the specified place in the printout of the application and get it duly attested.
Fill up Basic information:
- All the basic information required for processing your application are to be filled in at this stage. Before filling the details, please read the KEAM Prospectus carefully.
- The data provided here will be used for processing the application.
- Any mistake in filling this page or providing false/incomplete/wrong information will affect the candidate’s eligibility for admission or claim for reservation under any category. It is obligatory that the candidate should fill all the mandatory items in the application.
Step 4: Final Submission of Application
This is also a one-time procedure. If candidate is sure that the information provided in st are correct, click the button ‘Final Submission’. Please note that modification of your application will not be possible after doing this step.
Step 5: Payment of Application Fee
This step facilitates to provide payment details of application fee. Candidate should have the remittance details of Application fee.
Modes of Payments are through Security Card or Demand Draft.
1. Security Card:
The fee of application may be remitted by purchasing a Security Card from the selected Post Offices, the list of which are available on the website. Two types of cards are available through the Post Offices. One is meant for General/SEBC Candidates, the price of which is Rs. 1000/- and the other is intended for SC candidates, the price of which is Rs. 500/-.
Security Cards (free of cost) intended for ST Candidates will be available from Tribal Welfare Offices.
The Serial Number with 7 digits and Key number with 16 characters printed behind the security card should be provided when asked in the Payment section of online application. To see the Key Number on the Security card, gently scratch off the silver panel using a coin, seen on the back of the card.
2. Demand Draft:
The Demand Draft drawn on a Nationalised/Scheduled Bank, in favour of the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations, payable at Thiruvananthapuram will be accepted as Application Fee. DD Number, date drawn and name of bank have to be provided in payment section of online application.
Step 6: Print Application
Candidate should take a printout of all pages of his/her application by using the link 'Print Application'. This link is available in the home page of candidate. Application has to be neatly printed in A4 white paper by using a Laserjet/Deskjet printer.
Procedures to be followed after taking printout of the application:
• Affix a photograph with dimension of 3.5 x 4.5 cm (this should be the copy of uploaded photo), get it attested by a Gazetted Officer or the Head of the Institution where the candidate has last studied.
• The applicant and the parent should sign in the specified areas on the printout of the Application.
• Get Course Certificate and Nativity Certificate in the prescribed format available in the body of the printout of the application.
• If the candidate claims any reservation, the specified certificate/ format should be certified by the concerned authorities and send along with the application.
• Affix your left hand thumb impression in the space specified in the printout of the application.
Step 7: Send the printout of the Application and supporting documents to CEE
Enclose the application and all supporting documents in the envelope provided and send it to reach the Office of the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations before the last date specified for submission of application.
Eligibility for KEAM BE/B.TECH 2017
KEAM BE/B.TECH 2017 Important Instructions
1. Candidate should apply for KEAM online and send a printout to the CEE on or before the last date.
2. Online submission of Application may be made by accessing CEE website – www.cee.kerala.gov.in
3. Copy of the printout of the Application form must be retained for future reference.
4. Applicant should ensure the following before sending the printout of the application form:
i. The applicant and parent/guardian have signed the form at the specified space.
ii. All certificates furnished are properly filled in and signed by the competent authority and affixed office seal at specified place.
iii. The photograph uploaded online and the photograph pasted in the printout of application form should be identical and properly attested by Head of the Institution or Gazetted Officer of Government.
iv. The applicant should select the course/courses which he/she desires to study while applying online.
v. The candidate should maintain confidentiality of the key number and keep it in safe custody till the end of allotment process.
5. No memo will be sent by post from this office in the case of defective applications. The defects, if any, which will be displayed on the website while downloading the admit card should be rectified within the specified period.
6. Candidates should send only one application for all the courses in KEAM.
7. Candidates claiming Inter Caste marriage benefit, Anglo Indian/Jew reservation benefit, etc. should submit income certificate also for availing fee concession/ scholarship.
KEAM BE/B.TECH 2017 Relaxation Policy
Reservation policy- Nominees: This includes candidates who are nominated by Govt. Of India, U.T and another state. Candidates under nominees do not have to write entrance exam.
Candidate with Disability: In Government and Government aided institutions 3% seats are reserved for PwD candidates.
Special Reservation: It is done for certain categories in certain courses. Defense Quota: This includes ex-servicemen, dependents of defense personnel, missing, disable, killed in action, serving defense personnel and CRPF candidates.
Mandatory Reservation: apart from all the above reservation, mandatory reservation is as follows: State merit (SM) 64% Socially and Educationally Backward Classes (SEBC) 26% Ezhava (EZ) 9% Muslim (MU) 8% Other Backward Hindu (BH) 5% Latin Catholic & Anglo-Indian (LA)) 2% Dheevara and Related Communities (DV) 2% Viswakarma and Related Communities (VK) 2% Kusavan and Related Communities (KN) 1% Other Backward Christian (BX) 1% Kudumbi (KU) 1% Scheduled Tribe 2% Scheduled Caste 8%
List of KEAM BE/B.TECH 2017 Centers (Expected)
|State||City||Mode of Exam|
|Delhi||New Delhi||Pen & Paper|
|Kerala||Alappuzha||Pen & Paper|
|Kerala||Ernakulam||Pen & Paper|
|Kerala||Kannur||Pen & Paper|
|Kerala||Kasaragod||Pen & Paper|
|Kerala||Kollam||Pen & Paper|
|Kerala||Kottayam||Pen & Paper|
|Kerala||Kozhikode||Pen & Paper|
|Kerala||Palakkad||Pen & Paper|
|Kerala||Pathanamthitta||Pen & Paper|
|Kerala||Thrissur||Pen & Paper|
|Maharashtra||Mumbai||Pen & Paper|
|Kerala||Thiruvananthapuram||Pen & Paper|
|Kerala||kattappana||Pen & Paper|
|Kerala||thodupuzha||Pen & Paper|