Feb 01, 2017
Mar 28, 2017
Apr 24, 2017
May 25, 2017
How to Apply for KEAM BE/B.TECH 2017
- The candidate has to visit the website where he/she can find the link "KEAM-2017 Online Application".
- A candidate who does not belong to SC/ST communities will be treated as ‘General’ candidate for the collection of application fee. The application fee for all candidates will be as follows:
- General: Rs.800/-
- SC: Rs.400/-
- ST candidates are exempted from payment of application fee.
There are 6 steps for the online submission of application and all the steps are mandatory. Candidates should complete all steps including sending the signed printout of the online submitted application along with the necessary certificates and documents so as to reach the office of the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations on or before the last date notified for the same.
- Candidate Registration: - This is a one-time procedure. During the process, candidates will get a system generated Application Number. Candidates are requested to enter their own password when demanded. Preferably a strong password is recommended.
- Upload Images: - A recent passport size photograph of the candidate, Signature of the candidate and the left-hand thumb impression of the candidate, all in jpeg format of given specifications are to be uploaded before proceeding to next step.
- Filling up of Application: - All the basic information, required at the Office of the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations are to be filled in at this step.
- The data provided here will be used for processing the application. Any mistake in filling this sheet or providing false/incomplete/wrong information will affect the candidate’s eligibility for admission or claim for reservation under any category. It is obligatory that the candidate should fill all the items in the application.
- If the application is filled completely, a candidate can preview the details of the application before going to the Final Submission, by clicking the ‘Save & Preview’ button. After making it sure that all the information given are correct and true, click the ‘Final Submission’ button to submit the online application ultimately.
- Payment of Application Fee: - At this step, the candidate has to make the payment of application fee by way of Online Payment or by way of e-challan.
- Print Application: - After payment of the Application Fee, Candidate should take a printout of the online submitted application. Candidates should get the Course Certificate and Nativity Certificate provided in the application.
- Send the Printout of application and supporting documents to the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations: - Affix a photograph of the applicant with 3.5 x 4.5 cm size same as the photograph uploaded on the online application duly attested by the Head of the Institution which he/she studied last or by a Gazetted Officer.
- The printout of the application and supporting documents/certificates are to be sent to the Office of the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations, 5th Floor, Housing Board Buildings, Santhi Nagar, Thiruvananthapuram – 695 001 so as to reach the addressee on or before the last? date specified for submission of application.
Eligibility for KEAM BE/B.TECH 2017
- The candidates should be at least 17 years old on or before December 31, 2017. There is no upper age limit.
- Only Indian citizens are allowed to apply.
- However, Indian Citizens/ Overseas Citizen of India (OCI)/ Persons of Indian Origin (PIO) can also apply for KEAM.
- For admissions into professional courses, the candidates will be categorized as Keralite, Non-Keralite Category-I and Non-Keralite Category-II.
Eligibility Criteria for B.Tech in Ag. Engg., Food Engg. and Dairy Science. & Technology:-
- Candidates who have passed Higher Secondary Examination, Kerala, or Examinations recognized as equivalent thereto, with 50% marks in Mathematics separately, and 50 % marks in Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry put together are eligible for admission.
- Candidates, who have passed Higher Secondary Examination from Kerala or Examinations considered equivalent thereto, with an aggregate of 45% in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics took together, and 45% marks in Mathematics separately, will be eligible for admissions under Management Quota in Private Self Financing Engineering Colleges.
Eligibility Criteria for B.Tech (D.Sc. & Tech)
- Applicants must have passed HSC exam from Kerala or equivalent exam with 50% marks in Mathematics or Biology.
- The candidates also need to have secured 50% aggregate marks in PCM(Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics) taken together or in Biology.
- Candidates opting for B.Tech (D.Sc. & Tech) need to pursue a makeup course in Basic Mathematics (2+0) credits or Applied Biology (1+1) credit as the case may be.
KEAM 2017 Applicant Categories - Keralites and Non-Keralites: -
- Candidates having Kerala as their origin will come under Keralite category. This category is just for the purpose of eligibility for admission.
- Candidates, whose patents are in All India Service (AIS) officers (Non-Keralites) and posted under Kerala cadre, fall in this category. However, for being eligible and for admissions, these candidates have to produce a certificate from the competent authority, which shows that their parents’ are serving in Kerala Cadre.
Non-Keralite Category I (NK I) : -
- Candidates, not of Kerala origin, comes under Non-Keralite Category I (NK I), however, they need to fulfill any of the below-mentioned conditions, then only they will be considered as 'Non-Keralite Category I'(NK I).
- A candidate who has been residing in Kerala for minimum 5 years within the period of 12 years of study and is a non-keralite
- A non-Keralite applicant who has studied in Kerala from Class VIII to XII
- Students having studied in XII in Kerala with non-Keralite parents and are Government of India/Defence Services employees, posted to Kerala
- Candidates who have studied 10+2 in Kerala with non-Keralite parents serving/served Government of Kerala for atleast 2 years, including the period of study of the qualifying exam
Non-Keralite Category-II (NK II): -
- Candidates, who are not in ‘Keralite’ or ‘Non- Keralite Category-1’, then such candidates will be considered in 'Non-Keralite Category-II'.
- Candidates of this category are eligible for admission to Management quota seats in engineering courses in Government Controlled Self-financing Colleges.
KEAM BE/B.TECH 2017 Important Instructions
- The Admit Card for the Entrance Examination can be downloaded from the official website of the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations.
- The candidates will have to enter their Application number and Date of Birth provided in the application form in order to download the admit card. They will have to take a printout of the admit card.
- Admit cards will not be sent by post from the Office of the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations. Help Desks and Facilitation Centres will be functioning across the State from where candidates can download and take printouts of admit card.
- The venue of the examination and time table will be noted in the admit card.Separate notification in this regard will be issued.
- Rejection memo will be sent to candidates whose application has been rejected.
- No memo will be sent by post in the case of defective applications. The defects in the applications will be displayed on the homepage of the candidate while attempting to download the admit card by giving his/her Application Number and Date of Birth. Defects if any, should be rectified within the dates specified in the notification pertaining to the download of admit cards.
- All candidates whose application has been accepted should download their admit card well in advance.
- A candidate who does not possess the Admit Card will not be admitted to the Examination Hall under any circumstances
KEAM BE/B.TECH 2017 Relaxation Policy
- Reservation policy- Nominees: This includes candidates who are nominated by Govt. Of India, U.T and another state. Candidates under nominees do not have to write the entrance exam.
- Candidate with Disability: In Government and Government aided institutions 3% seats are reserved for PWD candidates.
- Special Reservation: It is done for certain categories in certain courses. Defense Quota: This includes ex-servicemen, dependents of defense personnel, missing, disable, killed in action, serving defense personnel and CRPF candidates.
- Mandatory Reservation: apart from all the above reservation, mandatory reservation is as follows: State merit (SM) 64% Socially and Educationally Backward Classes (SEBC) 26% Ezhava (EZ) 9% Muslim (MU) 8% Other Backward Hindu (BH) 5% Latin Catholic & Anglo-Indian (LA)) 2% Dheevara and Related Communities (DV) 2% Viswakarma and Related Communities (VK) 2% Kusavan and Related Communities (KN) 1% Other Backward Christian (BX) 1% Kudumbi (KU) 1% Scheduled Tribe 2% Scheduled Caste 8%
List of KEAM BE/B.TECH 2017 Centers (Expected)
|State||City||Mode of Exam|
|Delhi||New Delhi||Pen & Paper|
|Kerala||Alappuzha||Pen & Paper|
|Kerala||Ernakulam||Pen & Paper|
|Kerala||Kannur||Pen & Paper|
|Kerala||Kasaragod||Pen & Paper|
|Kerala||Kollam||Pen & Paper|
|Kerala||Kottayam||Pen & Paper|
|Kerala||Kozhikode||Pen & Paper|
|Kerala||Palakkad||Pen & Paper|
|Kerala||Pathanamthitta||Pen & Paper|
|Kerala||Thrissur||Pen & Paper|
|Maharashtra||Mumbai||Pen & Paper|
|Kerala||Thiruvananthapuram||Pen & Paper|
|Kerala||Kattappana||Pen & Paper|
|Kerala||Thodupuzha||Pen & Paper|