Aug 28, 2016
Sep 18, 2016
Sep 25, 2016
Oct 09, 2016
Kerala CEE - MCA 2016 Important Instructions
Kerala CEE - MCA Application FAQ
1) What are the procedures for applying online?
- First visit the official website and register.
- Note down the Application Number and remember the password.
- Login and give the details in the application carefully. Intermittently save the details which you have entered by clicking the 'Save' button. Fields marked in '*' are mandatory.
- After filling up all the required fields, make the final submission by clicking the 'Final Submission' button.
- Next enter the payment details, ie. whether by Security Card or by Demand Draft.
- After this, take printout of the application.
- Affix a passport size (3.5 x 3.5 cm) photograph (this should be the copy of uploaded photo), get it attested by a Gazetted Officer or the Head of the Institution where the candidate has last studied. The applicant and the parent should sign in the specified areas on the printout of the Application.
- Get Course Certificate and Nativity Certificate in the prescribed format available in the body of the print out of the application.
- If the candidate claims any reservation, then use relevant format(s) of the certificate(s) and get it certified from the concerned authorities.
- Send all these documents to the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations, 5th Floor, Housing Board Buildings, Santhi Nagar, Thiruvananthapuram - 695 001 .
2) Which are the recommended browsers for applying online?
Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer 9.0.
3) How to enable Java Script in my browser?
In the Tools drop-down menu, select Options.
- Next, select the Content icon/tab at the top on the window.
- Press OK to close the Options window and save your changes.
- Finally, Refresh your browser
- In Internet Explorer
- In the Tools drop-down menu, select Internet Options.
- Next, select the Security tab.
- Then, select the Internet option.
- Then select the Custom Level button.
- Locate Scripting near the bottom of the list.
- Under Active Scripting, select Enable, then Press OK.
- Answer yes to the following conformation box.
- Press OK to close the Internet Options window.
- If menu bar is not visible for selecting Tool menu in your browser, just press ‘Alt’ key in your keyboard.
4) Is it compulsory to do all the steps mentioned for applying online in a single sitting?
No need to complete all the procedures in a single step. You can do each step in different time. But logout from the portal each time should be ensured.
5) I forgot to note down my Application number during the Candidate registration process. How can I get the application number?
There is no provision for retrieving the application number. If you do not complete the Payment section of online application, a new registration may be done and you will get a new application number.
6) I forgot my password. What is the procedure to retrieve the password?
Using the link ‘Forgot Password’ in online application, you can reset your password. Application number, DOB, Security Question and answer of it should be provided for resetting the password.
7) Is it compulsory to have an email-id/Mobile number?
Important messages and information regarding Kerala CEE will be sent to the provided email-id /mobile numbers. So either email-id/mobile number is mandatory for all candidates.
8) I am not able to upload the photo. What is the reason?
Photo to be uploaded should have the specified dimensions and size. Refer the ‘Photo guideline’ provided in the application portal.
9) How do I get certain Proforma (example, Income Certificate) before filling up of online application?
You can download any proforma from your home page after logging on the application portal. But you have to complete the ‘Candidate Registration’ (Step 1) for entering into the home page. The link ‘Additional Certificates’ in home page can be used for downloading the required proforma.
10) How can I pay the Application Fee?
Application fee can be paid in either of the two ways viz. a) by Security Card which can be purchased from selected Post Offices; or b) by way of Demand Draft (DD) drawn on a Nationalised/Scheduled Bank, in favour of the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations, payable at Thiruvananthapuram. These details have to be entered in the Payment section of the online application.
11) Is it necessary to keep the Key Number after completing the online submission of application?
Key Number should be kept in safe custody till the end of admission procedure. The key number is required to further login for exercising options, taking allotment memo, etc.
12) I made payment of application fee by using Demand Draft. Where can I get the Key Number?
These candidates will be provided Key Number in a later stage that will be notified afterward.
13) Is there any concession in application fee for female/Single female child candidate?
No,there is not anyconcession in application fee for female/Single female child candidate.
14) Can I change the centre of the entrance examination?
No. Once you have selected the examination centre, it is not possible to change the centre.
15) Can I change the Course opted after final submission of application?
No. Courses cannot be changed.
16) What are the certificates that must be submitted to prove nativity?
- Candidates can submit any one of the following documents/certificates for satisfying their nativity requirements.
- Certificate to prove nativity for Keralites.
- True copy of relevant page of SSLC of the candidate showing his/her place of birth in Kerala. Self attested copy of this certificate has to be attached separately.
17) Whether income certificates obtained from other States in India will be accepted?
No.Income certificate obtained from a competent revenue authority in Kerala alone will be accepted.
18) Will Admit card be sent to me by post?
No. Admit cards will not be sent by post from this office to the candidate. The Admit cards have to be downloaded by the candidate.
List of Kerala CEE - MCA 2016 Centers (Expected)
|State||City||Mode of Exam|
|Kerala||Thiruvananthapuram||Pen & Paper|