Mar 27, 2017
May 28, 2017
Jun 25, 2017
How to Apply for RMAT 2017
- The application forms can be collected from the selected branches of Punjab National Bank in person on payment of Rs.1000.
- The selected branches are located at Alwar (Shivaji Park), Kota (Aerodrome Circle), Ajmer (Kachahari Road), Jaipur, Jodhpur (Shastri Nagar), Bikaner (Rani Bazar), Chittorgarh (Pratap Nagar), Bhilwara (Bhopal Ganj), Bharatpur (Rajendra Nagar) and Sri Ganganagar (Birbal Chowk).
- The duly filled in application forms should be sent to the coordinator, RMAT 2017, Rajasthan Technical University, Rawatbhata Road, Kota (Rajasthan)-324022 by registered or speed post. You can also drop your application form at the drop box placed in the RMAT 2017 office.
- Along with the application form, the candidate also needs to send the following documents:
- Exam Mark sheets of class 10th and 12th
- Class 10th certificate
- Undergraduate exam mark sheets
- Final year candidates need to present their respective certificates
- Caste certificate (only if applicable)
- Self-addressed envelopes (two in number)
- Self-addressed postcards (two in number).
Eligibility for RMAT 2017
- The candidate should be a graduate and should have attained a minimum of 50% marks. These marks are 45% in case of SC/ST and OBC candidates. Also, graduation should have been done from a recognized university
- Final year students are also eligible for the exam. These students will have to submit a certificate for the college
- The candidate should be a bonafide resident of Rajasthan. Other than this, if any of the natural parents of the candidate is a bonafide resident of Rajasthan, he/she can apply for the exam
- If the candidate has been a regular student of a recognized educational institution for five consecutive years (inclusive of the year in which the qualifying examination has been passed), he/she is eligible for the exam
Note: RMAT Examination is open for Rajasthan domicile students only.
RMAT 2017 Important Instructions
- The duration of Examination will be of 2.30 hours (150 Minutes).
- The doors of examination hall shall be opened on the examination day.
- No candidate shall be admitted to the examination hall after 15 minutes of starting the examination
- A seat marked with Roll Number will be allotted to each candidate.
- The candidate should ensure that he/she has occupied the correct seat only If any candidate is found to have occupied the seat of another candidate, such candidates shall be removed from the examination and shall have to accept any other penalty imposed upon them.
- Candidates are required to bring their own BLACK BALL POINT PEN ONLY (NOT GEL PEN) for answering the question paper.
- They must not bring log tables, calculators, mobiles or any other objectionable materials with them in the examination hall.
- Candidates should read the instructions carefully given in the question paper booklet.
- They shall abide by the instructions issued during the examination, by the Invigilators or the Centre Superintendent.
- The medium of Question paper of RMAT would be English.
- Candidate must ensure that question paper booklet contains all the pages and question is missing.
- In case of any discrepancy, he She must inform to the invigilator within 10 minutes to the commencement of the examination then after no second question paper booklet shall be issued to a candidate
RMAT 2017 Relaxation Policy
As prescribed by the Govt. of Rajasthan (except in case of Private unaided Institutions and 50% seats in the self-finance course of the aided institutions) the reservation of seats will be made subject to the prevalent statutory provisions of the State of Rajasthan viz. 16% for SC candidates, 12% for ST candidates and 21% for candidates belonging to non-creamy layer OBC category. Provision will also be made for horizontal reservation of 3% for candidates belonging to physically handicap, 25% for women category and 3% for dependants of Defence Killed/Ex-servicemen / Gallantry award winners.
The RMAT is open to the candidates of Rajasthan Domicile only. The domicile status of Rajasthan of any candidates will be ascertained as per any one of the following criteria.
The domicile conditions are as follows-
The candidate himself/herself or any of his/her natural parents (father/mother) is a bonafide resident of Rajasthan. OR
The candidate has studied continuously as a regular student in recognized educational institutions in Rajasthan for the preceding five years up to and including the year in which he/she has passed the qualifying examination. OR
The Candidate is a son/daughter of either a serving employee or of a retired employee of any of the following:-
- The government of Rajasthan (including officers of All India Service in the State cadre of Rajasthan).
- Undertaking/Corporation/Improvement Trust/ Municipal Boards/ Panchayat Samities/ Co-operative/Autonomous Bodies duly constituted by the Government of Rajasthan.
- Statutory Bodies and Corporations formed under the India Companies Act., incorporated in Rajasthan. OR
The Candidate is a son/daughter of an employee of any of the following:
- Universities/Govt aided or autonomous engineering colleges in Rajasthan or Board of Secondary Education, Rajasthan, who has put in at least three years service on the date of submission of application in any of the above bodies. (Certificate 2 (iv)
- Central Government or Institutions of the Central Government including Public Sector Undertaking or Corporation and who is on the regular rolls and is serving in the State of Rajasthan on the date of submission of application. (Certificate 2 (v)
- Rajasthan origin, service in Defense/Central Government Service/ Public Sector undertaking/National Institutes of Government of India, who has put in at least three years service on the last date for submission of application irrespective of his/her place of posting provided a certificate is submitted by the employee from the employer to this effect stating the State of origin and the hometown as given by him/her at the time of his/her entry of service.
Note: Children of Ex-Servicemen (Ex-S) and the Defense Killed (DK) persons of Rajasthan origin are eligible to apply in these categories. The State of origin and hometown as entered in the discharge certificate is only accepted as proof in respect of the above.
Forwards of defense personnel from other states but serving in the state of Rajasthan, the domicile condition is waived off to enable them to appear in the entrance test and be selected in general quota. However, they are not eligible for the Ex-S/DK category.
KM Category:-5% of total intake capacity over and above the sanctioned strength in each of the institutions will be reserved for Kashmiri migrants. Sons/daughter of the displaced persons from Jammu & Kashmir shall be eligible for admission through RMAT. The candidate has to submit a certificate from the competent authority as a proof of being son/daughter of displaced person from Jammu & Kashmir. Acronyms of various categories are as follow: Category-I
- GEN – General
- Ex-S – Ex-Serviceman
- SC – Scheduled Caste
- DK – Defence Killed
- ST – Scheduled Tribe
- PH – Physically Handicapped
- OBC – Noncreamy layer Other Backward Classes
- KM – Kashmiri Migrants
Note: For seeking the benefit of reservation in any category, sufficient documentary proof must be submitted along with the Application Form (the formats of certificates for various reservation categories are prescribed in this booklet). Category once indicated at the time of submission of application form along with documentary proof will not be changed afterward in any case.
List of RMAT 2017 Centers (Expected)
|State||City||Mode of Exam|
|Rajasthan||Jaipur||Pen & Paper|
|Rajasthan||Kota||Pen & Paper|