Jan 05, 2016
May 23, 2016
Jun 06, 2016
Jun 15, 2016
SHIATS 2016 Important Instructions
SHIATS 2016 Relaxation Policy
SHIATS Application FAQ
1) What is SHIATS?
SHIATS is The Sam Higginbottom Institute of Agriculture, Technology & Sciences (Earlier known as Allahabad Agricultural Institute) a premier and foremost Agricultural Institute established in 1910 in the form of a 'school of agriculture'. It is now a deemed to be University. SHIATS is a Pen and Paper based test for Admission to various Undergraduate and Postgraduate agriculture and other programmes of SHIATS, Allahabad campus.
2) What is the admission procedure?
Admission to various undergraduate programmes shall be granted through ENTRANCE TEST, strictly on the basis of merit. However, there are few programmes for which the admission will take place through DIRECT INTERVIEW, which will be held on July 14 followed by registration and admission by depositing the fees on the same day.
Note: A common application form shall be applicable for all academic programmes irrespective of the course (undergraduate, postgraduate) for which admission in sought, whether through entrance test or direct interview (Ph.D. excluded).
3) What is/are the college/colleges covered under this examination?
- Vaugh School Of Agricultural Engineering & Technology
- Shepherd School Of Engineering & Technology
- Jacob School Of Biotechnology & Bioengineering
- Warner School Of Food & Dairy Technology.
4) When will I get my Admit Card?
The admit card will be available on the website of SHIATS only from May 23rd. The applicant is required to print the admit card from the university Website.However, he/ she is required to bring a passport-size photograph (similar to that pasted on the application form) along with the admit card to the entrance-test center for verification.
5) I have filled up the form successfully but now, can I change/correct the details as entered in the Application form?
No change can be made at this stage in the application form. However, if the time is still left for filing up the online application form, the applicant can resubmit corrected application with the prescribed fee. In this case a new ID will be generated by the system. The fee paid previously will not be refunded. The latest application shall be treated as final.
6) If I got Blank/Zero Registration No after submission of application form then what I should do?
It means that the application form has not been submitted successfully and you are required to apply afresh.
7) The admit card has been issued but I am unable to login. What should I do now?
Not to worry, when the admit card is released the website crashes down due to high traffic. The conducting body will take the appropriate measures to resolve the issue.
8) How to Check the Application Status of registered candidates?
In order to check the application status, registered candidates need to enter their Registration Number and Date of Birth.
9) I forgot my application number, how do I download my admit card?
It can be downloaded by submitting email id and DoB. However, check the confirmation page of the application form, the required number will be given there.
List of SHIATS 2016 Centers (Expected)
|State||City||Mode of Exam|