Siksha 'O' Anusandhan University Admission Test (MBA) (SAAT (MBA) - 2017)
Jan 23, 2017
Apr 15, 2017
Apr 22, 2017
May 21, 2017
How to Apply for SAAT (MBA) 2017
Candidates can get the SAAT 2017 Application Form through online process.
- The application form will be provided from the third week of January 2017 (tentative).
- The last date for the submission of the application form will be the third week of April 2017 (tentative).
- After filling the application form, candidates can download the application form and take the print out of the application form for future reference.
- The acknowledgment of the receipt of the application form will be intimated to the candidate email-Id and mobile number through SMS.
- After the form submission, candidates can only change the applied course code and centre choice.
- There will be no application fee.
- Check the eligibility criteria for each program before filling up the online application form.
- Check that the online application form has been properly and completely filled up.
- Application process: Incomplete application will not be accepted. Please follow the below-mentioned process below to complete your application process.
- Candidates will be required to upload their photo as part of the registration process. Please keep the scanned photograph ready.
- Candidates will be required to enter valid Identity Proof details as part of the registration process. Please keep a valid identity proof ready.
Eligibility for SAAT (MBA) 2017
SAAT (MBA) 2017 Important Instructions
- The SAAT will be held at different centres as per the schedule.
- The medium of examination is English.
- The examination hall shall be opened to the candidates half an hour before the examination commences. No candidate will be allowed to enter into the examination
- hall without a valid original / duplicate admit card, ID proof.
- Candidates are required to take their respective seats at least 15 minutes before the commencement of the examination, strictly according to the sitting chart notified earlier by the Centre Superintendent.
- In no case a candidate shall be allowed to enter the examination hall after the examination starts.
- Attendance will be taken by the invigilators on the Attendance Roll sheets provided by the Director (Admissions), with full signature of candidates against their Roll Numbers, 15 minutes before the commencement of examination. During the examination the candidates have to enter their Roll Number and the Application Number which shall be verified by the invigilators.
- Do not carry any of your belongings inside the exam centre including mobile phone, cellular phones, pagers, palm tops, blue tooth devices, or any electronic device which has the potential of misuse in cheating or unauthorized communication during the examination.
- You are required to produce your Hall Ticket and ID proof (which bears your photography and date of birth) at the registration desk without which entry will not be allowed.
- At the registration desk, your identity is verified, Hall Ticket scanned, photograph captured and you are assigned to a computer.
- For working purpose a rough sheet will be provided at the workstation. All rough work will need to be done in this paper sheet and no additional material will be given for rough work.
- The administrator is authorized to dismiss you from the rest session for any of the following reasons:
- Creating disturbance, Attempting to take the test on behalf of someone else, Talking to other examinees, Attempting to tamper with the computer system - either hardware or software, If found with calculators, slide rules, pagers, cell phones, concealed microphones, wireless devices or any other material that may aid in answering questions, In addition, specific instructions mentioned by invigilators to be followed during the entrance examination.
- No candidate will be allowed to leave the hall until the examination is over. Ordinarily no candidate shall be allowed to leave the hall temporarily during the examination.
- Candidates are not permitted to talk to each other in the examination hall. No one should receive any help from or assist another in any manner. Malpractice in any form detected during or after the examination would lead to not only cancellation of candidature but also more severe punishment as deemed fit by the SAAT committee.
- A candidate wishing to say anything should stand up in his/her seat and remain standing till the invigilator attends him/her. He/she should in no case leave the seat or make any noise to draw the invigilator’s attention.
- In any other matter not mentioned in these rules, the Centre Superintendent is empowered to take necessary decisions.
SAAT (MBA) 2017 Relaxation Policy
- 15% and 7.5% seats in all programmes are reserved respectively for candidates belonging to Schedule Caste and Schedule Tribe by birth (not by marriage or adoption).
Note : Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe persons who have migrated from their state of origin to another state for the purpose of seeking education, employment etc., will be deemed to be Scheduled Caste / Tribe of state of their origin and will be entitled to derive benefits from the state of origin and not from the state to which they have migrated. (Vide Govt. India Letter No. BC/160 14.1.82 SC & BCD / dated 22 nd Feb., 1985). Thus, SC/ST candidates from Odisha who are staying outside the state have to produce SC/ST certificate from the competent authority of Odisha State during counselling.
- Separate merit lists will be drawn up for each reserved category. If eligible candidates belonging to one reserved category are not available, seats can be filled up by the candidates belonging to the general category.
- OBC candidates are only eligible for Mark relaxation.
- Candidates applying for SC/ST/OBC reserved category shall furnish SC/ST/OBC certificate from the Tahsildar of the place of birth at the time of counselling in the format given in the Counselling Brochure along with original caste certificate.
- 3% seats are reserved for physically handicapped (PH) candidates for admission to engineering /Technology / Medical / Dental / MBA / MCA / HMCT / Pharmacy / Nursing / Law / Biotechnology / Agriculture courses and candidates are eligible to be considered under Physically Handicapped Catagory for admission to these courses with 40% disabilities in consonance with section-39 of the Persons with Disabilities (Equal Opportunities, Protection of Rights and full participation) Act, 1995. Candidates applying for PH reserved category shall have to furnish a medical certificate from a medical board constituted under the chairmanship of Dean, Institute of Medical Science & SUM Hospital (IMS & SH) with senior professors of the IMS & SH and Director (Admissions) of SOA University or his representative(s) at the time of counselling in format given in the Counselling Brochure. The Board should certify that they are eligible to be categorized as physically handicapped candidates with capable of undergoing each part of the requirements for Engineering/Medical studies. The decision of the Medical Board will be final & binding. They SHOULD NOT, therefore, submit along with the application form any medical certificate to the effect that they are physically handicapped. Visual disability and hearing impairment candidates are not eligible as stipulated by Medical Council of India.
- 30% of seats under each category for all the programs (except for MBBS and BDS courses) are reserved for women candidates.
- Seats available under general category in any course are those available after deduction of the number of seats pertaining to the reserved categories from the total number of seats available for that particular course.
- For admission into a programme, a candidate belonging to categories 13.1, 13.2 and 13.4 can also compete under general category provided he/she satisfies all conditions of eligibility for the same. At the time of counselling for admission, a candidate figuring in the merit list for both reserved and general categories may first exercise his/her option for the Institute and discipline for admission under reserved category. A candidate who forgoes his / her option under reserved categories is entitled to exercise his/her option subsequently for the Institute and discipline for admission according to his/her merit position under general category.
- If a candidate does not report during scheduled date/hour of counselling, he/she will be treated as an absentee and no seat will be kept reserved for him/her. A candidate failing to report for counselling will not be permitted to participate in the counselling subsequently under any circumstances.
- If all the seats belonging to ST reserved category are not filled up due to non-availability of candidates belonging to ST category, such vacant seats may be filled up by candidates belonging to SC category. If all the seats belonging to SC reserved category are not filled up due to non-availability of candidates belonging SC category, such vacant seats may be filled up by general category.If all the seats belonging to PH reserved category are not filled up due to non-availability of candidates belonging to PH category, such vacant seats may be filled up by candidates belonging to General category.
- Seats reserved under women category will be filled up by general category candidates in case the same is not filled up.
Note: In the case of any change in the percentage of reservation of seats/reservation criteria mentioned in the clause above on the basis of guidelines from MHRD it will be intimated through the counselling brochure to all the merit listed candidates. It will also be published on our website and on the notice board at the counselling venue.
List of SAAT (MBA) 2017 Centers (Expected)
|State||City||Mode of Exam|
the most popular courses across India, at one place
Create a free Profile now.
the most popular exams across India, at one place