Aug 10, 2017
Dec 01, 2017
Dec 17, 2017
Dec 28, 2017
SNAP Application News
Guidelines to apply for SNAP:
- Go to the official website of SNAP in order to register for the exam.
- Fill in all the fields that are required in the application form (academic, personal and work related)
- Upload your recent colored passport sized photograph and verify the details you have filled before submitting.
- Once you are done filling the details, proceed to make the payment. Payment for SNAP application can be done through net banking, credit/debit cards, cash and demand draft.
How to Apply for SNAP 2017
- Register online on the official website.
- Note: Any Changes in the online application form (except test city preferences) will be entertained only up to the closing date of Registration i.e. November 24, 2017. No changes shall be permitted after closing date under any circumstances.
- No change of test city requests will be entertained once candidates have completed their SNAP Online Test 2017 payment.
- Upload your latest scanned color passport size photo at the time of Online Registration for SNAP Test.
- Your photograph should not be more than 3 months old.
- Ensure that the information you have filled is accurate.
Modes of Payment :-
- The candidate may pay through
- Billdesk Gateway
- Axis Bank Gateway
- Indian Bank Gateway
- Demand Draft.
- Pay the test fee of Rs.1750/- (+ additional payment gateway charges at actuals) as per the instructions mentioned on the website for Payment of SNAP Test fee.
Payment through Demand Draft:-
- Submit a Demand Draft (DD) of Rs. 1750/- from any Nationalized Bank in favor of “Symbiosis Test Secretariat” payable at Pune.
- Choose the mode of Payment as 'DD Payment' in "Make Payment" Tab. Take a print of the payment advice form, fill in the DD Details, sign and send it along with the DD to the Symbiosis Test Secretariat only at,
SYMBIOSIS TEST SECRETARIAT,
SYMBIOSIS INTERNATIONAL UNIVERSITY
Gram: Lavale, Tal: Mulshi, Dist.: Pune – 412115
Phone: 020-39116226/ 27.
SNAP Test fee is non-refundable.
Eligibility for SNAP 2017
- Graduate from any recognized / statutory University or Institute with a minimum of 50% marks (45% for SC/ST). Programmes which require specific discipline/ subject specialisation need to be checked for eligibility as given by the respective Institute.
- A candidate who has completed a qualifying degree from any Foreign University must obtain an equivalence certificate from the Association of Indian Universities (AIU). All foreign degrees/ qualifications need to be verified from AIU by the candidate before seeking admission to any programme of SIU.
- Evaluation Division of the Association of Indian Universities (AIU) issues equivalence certificate for foreign degrees/qualifications. The contact details are as below:
Association of Indian Universities
AIU House, 16 Comrade Indrajit Gupta Marg (Kotla Marg),
Landmark: Opposite National Bal Bhawan, Near I.T.O.,
SNAP 2017 Important Instructions
- SNAP Test Admit Card should be printed from the SNAP official website which is available from Friday, December 01, 2017, till Sunday, December 17, 2017.
- Please ensure that your latest passport size, a color photograph is pasted on the Admit Card at the place provided for before appearing for the test. Note:- Your photograph should not be more than 3 months old.
- Admit Card along with Photo Identity proof should be carried to the Test Centre at the time of the test. An acceptable photo identity is any one of the following: -
- Driving license.
- Voter ID Card.
- Pan Card
- AADHAR Card (UID)
- An authorized person will verify and authenticate your Admit Card against the photo-id on the day of the test. Please preserve this authenticated Admit Card for further GE-PIWAT processes.
- Candidates should note that an authenticated Admit Card is an important document without which the candidate will not be permitted to appear for further selection processes of SIU.If the Authenticated Admit card is lost, a duplicate Authenticated Admit Card will not be issued. It should be retained till the admission process is over.
- Candidates who complete their SNAP 2017 payment process by October 31, 2017, has intimated their allotted test city via E-mail on or before November 06, 2017.This enables the candidate to plan their travel schedules accordingly. Paid candidates admit card will be available from Friday, December 01, 2017, till Sunday, December 17, 2017.
- Those candidates who complete their SNAP 2017 payment process from November 01, 2017 onwards (till the last date of Registration) will get to know their allotted test city on the date of Admit Card generation (i.e December 01, 2017). This may result in last minute changes to their travel plan.
- Candidates are advised to locate allocated test center at least a day in advance to avoid any issue on the day of the test.
- Travel and staying arrangements will need to be done by the candidates
SNAP 2017 Relaxation Policy
There will be different reservation policies for SIU and other institutes. The reservation norms for all the other colleges except SIU are as follows:
In the Annual Intake:
- SC: 15%
- ST: 7.5%
- Differently Abled*: 3%
Over & Above:
- Kashmiri Migrants: 2 seats per programme
- International Candidates: 15%
NOTE: Please note that the candidates who wish to avail the reservation benefits, should submit proper documents at the time of admissions.
Reservation Norms at SIU:
- There will 3% seats reserved at SIU for the physically disabled candidates.
- The list of the disabilities which are taken under consideration for this is:
- Vision Impairment
- Hearing Impairment
- Locomotors Disabilities
- Mental Retardation
- Multiple Disabilities
All such candidates need to submit the “Authentication Certificate” from the SCHC (Symbiosis Center for Health Care).
Reservation Norms at SIMS:
(Within the annual intake)
- Defence Category (General): 80% seats for dependents (Children/Ward) of Defence personnel
- Defence category (Special): 10% seats for dependents of Defence personnel killed in action
- Open Category: 10% seats for civilian candidates sponsored/ recommended by the Industry
(Over and Above)
- Direct Admission to the Officers of Armed Forces on Study Leave as authorized by respective Services HQs. This is valid given to the fact that they are eligible for admissions.
SNAP Application FAQ
1) What is SNAP?
SNAP is a mandatory test for admission into postgraduate courses in Institutes of Symbiosis International University (SIU). This aptitude test is the first step and is followed by other selection procedures. This year onwards, SIU is will conduct two additional aptitude tests for non MBA courses. These are MMC course of SIMC Pune campus and MSc Geoinformatics of SIG.
2) Is the institute NAAC accredited?
Symbiosis International (Deemed University) of which SCIT is a Constituent has been awarded Grade A by NAAC in January 2009.
3) What is the difference between the SCIT MBA programmes and MCA?
SCIT MBA programs and MCA are different. SCIT MBA in Information Technology Business Management (ITBM) is a 2-year residential Post Graduate Degree Programme which aims at developing Management professionals for IT Businesses and its specialized streams. The programme builds Management skills and reinforces IT skills to create Leaders, Managers & Entrepreneurs in IT products & services domain. This programme will also enable students to gain in depth knowledge of the niche areas of IT Businesses. MCA is a 3-year course, Masters in Computer Applications offered by some Universities.
4) I have done my graduation through a private university. Can I still apply to your institute?
The university should be approved by AICTE / UGC. Also it should be registered under AIU.
5) When is it conducted ?
It is usually conducted in the month of December. This year, the entrance test is being conducted on December 17,2017.
6) Do I need to apply for individual institutes separately?
Yes, you will have to apply for each institute separately as per your preferences.
7) Can I take the common snap test and still apply for MA(MC)?
No, you can’t. The SNAP test is valid only for MBA programme. Admission to MA(MC) programme is ONLY through SIMC MA(MC) online entrance test scheduled on second week of January .
8) Where will the exam centres be formed for the exam?
The test will be conducted at 102 cities. The list of SNAP test centres can be obtained from official website.
9) When will I get my Admit Card?
Admit card will be available for view and print from December 01 to December 17. You will have to log onto the SNAP website with your registered User ID. You will be eligible for an Admit Card only upon submission of online application form. You will receive an automated email confirmation upon successful submission.
10) I have registered online and sent the DD/Bank counterfoil. What is the next step?
Congratulations on completing the first step towards SNAP Test registration. You must have received an email with your SNAP ID and password.
11) When the SNAP Result will come?
You can check the SNAP Result in last week of December.
12) What details will be mentioned in the Admit Card?
The admit card will contain the following details: Name of the candidate Test date Test City & Centre address User ID / Registration Number PWD/DA status.
13) Can I make changes in my personal details once the form has been submitted?
Yes, you can change your personal details after receiving your SNAP ID/ Email and password. (Note: The changes in online application forms will only be entertained up to the closing date of SNAP).
List of SNAP 2017 Centers (Expected)
|State||City||Mode of Exam|