Aug 22, 2017
Dec 02, 2017
Dec 17, 2017
Jan 11, 2018
SNAP 2017 - Application Steps
SNAP Application News
Guidelines to apply for SNAP:
- Go to the official website of SNAP in order to register for the exam.
- Fill in all the fields that are required in the application form (academic, personal and work related)
- Upload your recent colored passport sized photograph and verify the details you have filled before submitting.
- Once you are done filling the details, proceed to make the payment. Payment for SNAP application can be done through net banking, credit/debit cards, cash and demand draft.
How to Apply for SNAP 2017
A.SNAP REGISTRATION PROCESS:-
1. Register online on the official website .
2.Upload your latest scanned coloured passport size photo at the time of Online Registration for SNAP.
3.Ensure that the information you have filled is accurate.
B. MODES OF PAYMENT FOR THE SNAP TEST PROCESS:-
1. ONLINE PAYMENT THROUGH CREDIT CARD:-
- The candidate may pay directly through Master or Visa card online by following the instructions on the SNAP website after the registration.
2. ONLINE PAYMENT THROUGH NET BANKING:-
- The candidate may transfer SNAP test fee to Symbiosis Test Secretariat account using Net Banking option after the registration.
3. PAYMENT THROUGH CASH:-
- After online SNAP registration print 'Axis Bank or Indian Bank Challan' from the SNAP website. It is in 3 parts. Pay Rs. 1500/- in cash at any Axis Bank or Indian Bank branch in your city. Refer to the list of branches on the website. The bank will return two stamped parts of the 'Axis Bank or Indian Bank Challan' to the candidate.
- Candidates need to keep the Candidate copy as payment receipt. Sign the stamped 'Symbiosis copy' of the 'Axis Bank or Indian Bank Challan' and send it to the Symbiosis Test Secretariat at the address given in this page.
4. PAYMENT THROUGH DEMAND DRAFT:-
- Obtain a Demand Draft (DD) of Rs. 1500/- from any Nationalized Bank in favour of "Symbiosis Test Secretariat" payable at Pune.
- Choose the mode of Payment as 'DD Payment' in "Make Payment" Tab. Take a print of the payment advice form, fill in the DD Details, sign and send it along with the DD to the Symbiosis Test Secretariat only at,
SYMBIOSIS TEST SECRETARIAT
SYMBIOSIS INTERNATIONAL UNIVERSITY
GRAM: LAVALE, TAL: MULSHI, DIST.: PUNE - 412115
PHONE: 020-39116226/ 27, TELE FAX: 020-39116228
The Symbiosis Test Secretariat will authenticate the payment details and will send you an email confirming the payment. Only after the payment is authenticated, would you be able to view your Admit card.
- Please note that Symbiosis Test Secretariat will not be responsible for non-delivery on any delay on the part of courier / postal services.
- It is also mandatory to complete institute payment process of desired institute for desired programme before the closing date of payment of the respective institute. Payment towards the institutes and programmes also needs to be done through the SNAP website only .
- All disputes between the candidate and the Symbiosis Test Secretariat shall be subject to exclusive jurisdiction of Pune city and by Arbitration only.
- SNAP Score will be valid only for admission to all MBA institutes of Symbiosis International University for the academic year .
Eligibility for SNAP 2017
SNAP 2017 Important Instructions
- Bring the following documents while reporting to the Test Centre:
- Admit Card
- Your latest coloured passport size photograph should be pasted on the Admit Card at the place provided for
- Photo identity as specified in the How to Register for SNAP ‘C’ point
- Blue/Black ballpoint pen
- Cell phones, calculators, watch calculators, alarm clocks, digital watches with built in calculators/ memory or any electronics gadgets will not be allowed in the examination hall.
- Occupy the seat allotted to you by verifying the Seat Number pasted on the desk and indicated in your Admit Card.
- The Test Invigilator will check your Admit Card and ID proof.
- The Test Booklet will be distributed just before the starting time of the test. The candidate must ensure that the booklet is sealed. If the seal is found broken or tampered with, please bring this matter to the notice of the invigilator immediately.
- The test invigilator will instruct you to open the seals of the Test Booklet and commence answering the test.
- Check immediately that all the pages of the booklet are in order. In the rare event of the Test Booklet being defective, bring it to the notice of the invigilator immediately who will arrange for the replacement of Test Booklet if required.
Note* - Duration of the test is 120 minutes, i.e. from 14.00 hrs. to 16.00 hrs. The candidate may attempt any section in any order.
- The candidate will not be allowed to leave the hall till the test is over and until the Invigilator has collected the answer OMR sheet and Question Booklet. The candidate will be allowed to leave the hall only after the answer OMR sheets and Question
- Booklet of all the candidates in the hall have been collected and accounted for.
- Candidates found using any unfair means will forfeit their chance of being considered for admission and will be debarred from receiving SNAP scores.
- Invigilator or Symbiosis Test Secretariat Representative will stamp and authenticate your Admit Card.
SNAP 2017 Relaxation Policy
There will be different reservation policies for SIU and other institutes. The reservation norms for all the other colleges except SIU are as follows:
In the Annual Intake:
- SC: 15%
- ST: 7.5%
- Differently Abled*: 3%
Over & Above:
- Kashmiri Migrants: 2 seats per programme
- International Candidates: 15%
NOTE: Please note that the candidates who wish to avail the reservation benefits, should submit proper documents at the time of admissions.
Reservation Norms at SIU:
- There will 3% seats reserved at SIU for the physically disabled candidates.
- The list of the disabilities which are taken under consideration for this is:
- Vision Impairment
- Hearing Impairment
- Locomotors Disabilities
- Mental Retardation
- Multiple Disabilities
All such candidates need to submit the “Authentication Certificate” from the SCHC (Symbiosis Center of Health Care).
Reservation Norms at SIMS:
(Within the annual intake)
- Defence Category (General): 80% seats for dependents (Children/Ward) of Defence personnel
- Defence category (Special): 10% seats for dependents of Defence personnel killed in action
- Open Category: 10% seats for civilian candidates sponsored/ recommended by the Industry
(Over and Above)
- Direct Admission to the Officers of Armed Forces on Study Leave as authorized by respective Services HQs. This is valid given to the fact that they are eligible for admissions.
SNAP Application FAQ
1) What is SNAP?
SNAP is a mandatory test for admission into postgraduate courses in Institutes of Symbiosis International University (SIU). This aptitude test is the first step and is followed by other selection procedures. This year onwards, SIU is will conduct two additional aptitude tests for non MBA courses. These are MMC course of SIMC Pune campus and MSc Geoinformatics of SIG.
2) How to register for SNAP?
SNAP registration is an easy three step process.
- Register for test online at official website. Upload a latest scanned photograph at the time of registration. This will help generate a SNAP Id for you.
- Using your SNAP Id make payment of non-refundable application fee Rs.1500/-. You can choose among the four payment modes: cash payment; payment through demand draft; online payment through credit card; online payment through net banking.
- You can take printout of your admit card from SNAP website .
3) Is the institute NAAC accredited?
Symbiosis International (Deemed University) of which SCIT is a Constituent has been awarded Grade A by NAAC in January 2009.
4) What is the difference between the SCIT MBA programmes and MCA?
SCIT MBA programs and MCA are different. SCIT MBA in Information Technology Business Management (ITBM) is a 2-year residential Post Graduate Degree Programme which aims at developing Management professionals for IT Businesses and its specialized streams. The programme builds Management skills and reinforces IT skills to create Leaders, Managers & Entrepreneurs in IT products & services domain. This programme will also enable students to gain in depth knowledge of the niche areas of IT Businesses. MCA is a 3-year course, Masters in Computer Applications offered by some Universities.
5) I have done my graduation through a private university. Can I still apply to your institute?
The university should be approved by AICTE / UGC. Also it should be registered under AIU.
6) What are the modes of fee submission for the exam?
There is a fee of Rs 1500 for the entrance exam which is mandatory and can be remitted via the following modes:
- Online payment via Debit or Credit Card and Net Banking.
- Payment in CASH (Bank Challan Mode).Candidates can download the Bank Challan from the official website and remit the fee at any branch of Indian Bank or Axis Bank.
- Payment of Fee can also be done via DD. This DD must be drawn in the name of “Symbiosis Test Secretariat” payable at Pune. The Candidates who are submitting the fee via DD are also required to send the copy of filled form along with the DD to the admission office before the last date of form submission. The candidates are advised to keep a photocopy of the DD for future usage.
7) When is it conducted ?
It is usually conducted in the month of December. This year, the entrance test is being conducted on December 18, from 2 pm to 4 pm.
8) Do I need to apply for individual institutes separately?
Yes, you will have to apply for each institute separately as per your preferences.
9) Is it an online exam ?
No, it is not an online exam.
10) What is the address to send the form and DD in case of DD mode of fee remission?
The forms and DD (only in the DD mode of fee remission) are to be sent at the following address:
Symbiosis Test Secretariat
Symbiosis International University
Gram: Lavale, TAL: MULSHI, DIST.: PUNE – 412115
PHONE: 020-39116226/ 27, TELE FAX: 020-39116228
11) What is the last date for registering for SNAP? How much is the test registration fee?
The last date for registering for SNAP exam is November 22. The registration fee is Rs 1500.
12) Can I take the common snap test and still apply for MA(MC)?
No, you can’t. The SNAP test is valid only for MBA programme. Admission to MA(MC) programme is ONLY through SIMC MA(MC) online entrance test scheduled on second week of January .
13) Where will the exam centres be formed for the exam?
The test will be conducted at 30 cities. The list of SNAP test centres can be obtained on official website.
14) When will I get my Admit Card?
Admit card will be available for view and print from December 02 to December 18 . You will have to log onto the SNAP website with your registered User ID. You will be eligible for an Admit Card only upon submission of online application form. You will receive an automated email confirmation upon successful submission.
15) I have registered online and sent the DD/Bank counterfoil. What is the next step?
Congratulations on completing the first step towards SNAP Test registration. You must have received an email with your SNAP ID and password.
16) When the SNAP Result will come?
You can check the SNAP Result in First week of January .
17) What details will be mentioned in the Admit Card?
The admit card will contain the following details: Name of the candidate Test date Test City & Centre address User ID / Registration Number PWD/DA status.
18) I registered online, but sent my DD without mentioning the SNAP ID. What do I do now?
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org providing the Candidate name, snap id , DD number, bank name, your name, E-mail id.
19) Can I make changes in my personal details once the form has been submitted?
Yes, you can change your personal details after receiving your SNAP ID/ Email and password. (Note: The changes in online application forms will only be entertained up to the closing date of SNAP).
List of SNAP 2017 Centers (Expected)
|State||City||Mode of Exam|
|Andhra Pradesh||Hyderabad||Pen & Paper|
|Andhra Pradesh||Visakhapatnam||Pen & Paper|
|Bihar||Patna||Pen & Paper|
|Chandigarh||Chandigarh||Pen & Paper|
|Delhi||New Delhi||Pen & Paper|
|Gujarat||Surat||Pen & Paper|
|Haryana||Faridabad||Pen & Paper|
|Haryana||Gurgaon||Pen & Paper|
|Jharkhand||Jamshedpur||Pen & Paper|
|Karnataka||Bengaluru||Pen & Paper|
|Madhya Pradesh||Bhopal||Pen & Paper|
|Madhya Pradesh||Indore||Pen & Paper|
|Maharashtra||Kolhapur||Pen & Paper|
|Maharashtra||Mumbai||Pen & Paper|
|Maharashtra||Nashik||Pen & Paper|
|Maharashtra||Pune||Pen & Paper|
|Orissa||Bhubaneshwar||Pen & Paper|
|Rajasthan||Jaipur||Pen & Paper|
|Tamil Nadu||Chennai||Pen & Paper|
|Uttar Pradesh||Agra||Pen & Paper|
|Uttar Pradesh||Allahabad||Pen & Paper|
|Uttar Pradesh||Kanpur||Pen & Paper|
|Uttar Pradesh||Lucknow||Pen & Paper|
|West Bengal||Kolkata||Pen & Paper|
|Kerala||Kochi||Pen & Paper|
|Uttar Pradesh||Noida||Pen & Paper|
|Maharashtra||vashi||Pen & Paper|
|Telangana||Hyderabad-T||Pen & Paper|