Undergraduate Common Entrance Exam for Design UCEED- B.Des. (Undergraduate Common Entrance Exam for Design UCEED- B.Des. - 2016)
Oct 17, 2015
Dec 23, 2015
Jan 17, 2016
Feb 28, 2016
Undergraduate Common Entrance Exam for Design UCEED- B.Des. 2016 Important Instructions
Undergraduate Common Entrance Exam for Design UCEED- B.Des. Application FAQ
1) Who can apply for B. Des. admissions?
UCEED qualified candidates who have completed their XII Board Examination (or equivalent) can apply for B. Des.
2) Is there a separate application? Or is it part of the UCEED application?
It is a separate application. The online application form will be provided on the UCEED website after the UCEED results are announced. For more details refer to Admissions.
3) Should I have to qualify for JEE (Main) or JEE (Adv) to be eligible for admission to the B. Des. programme?
No. UCEED is the only qualifying exam for admission to the B. Des. programme at IIT Bombay.
4) Am I allowed to change branch after getting admitted to B.Des?
No,you are not allowed.
5) I belong to a reserved category. Am I eligible for the Open Seats?
Yes, provided you have an Open Rank. Open Category seats are Open to everyone, that is, both non-reserved and reserved categories of candidates.
6) I have got Open Rank 'xyz' or OBC-NCL Rank 'abc'. Will I get IIT Bombay?
We will strictly NOT entertain such questions, so please don't send them. We will neither advice you on your chances nor speculate on what might or might not happen with this year's admissions before it happens.
7) My birth date is only a few days/weeks/months/years short of the age eligibility criteria. Can you make an exemption for me?
No.you are not allowed.
8) Why is UCEED not held in my city? Can you have a center in my city?
Conducting a national level exam is a massive exercise. The UCEED 2017 Committee carefully considered all logistical and operational factors, including information based on UCEED 2015 & 2016 applicants, before deciding on the 19 cities where UCEED 2017 will be held. In addition to the 14 cities where UCEED 2016 was held, 5 new cities have been added for UCEED 2017.
9) I made a mistake while filling up the application form. What should I do?
Send an email to email@example.com with details related to your application (registration number, candidate name, and mobile phone number) and describing clearly the nature of the mistake. Where possible we will rectify the mistake, or advise you on what to do next. However do note that it will entirely be the responsibility of the candidate to provide the correct information regarding the category, the qualifying examination (XII Class or equivalent), and the date of birth in the application form.
10) I filled up the application form, but I was unable to complete the fee payment successfully. What should I do?
There could be several reasons for this, including, but not limited to slow internet speed leading to time-outs, bad connection to the payment gateway, conflicting browser settings or browser compatibility. When a payment error occurs, and you are unable to go back to retry payment, make sure you are using the recommended browsers and versions, clear your browser cookies and cache or try using a different browser altogether.
If the problem persists, you can either call us at the contact numbers given in website, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with details related to your application (registration number, candidate name and mobile phone number) and describing clearly the nature of the problem. All the problems related to the payment for each and every candidate will be sorted out before the last date of application submission.
11) Besides the photo & signature, what other documents should I upload at the time of applying for UCEED?
For complete details of documents required for UCEED application :-
- A recent colour photograph of full frontal (face) view, with the head centred in the frame covering 70-80% of the photograph and taken within the last six months. The photograph should be such that it allows unambiguous identification of the candidate (only JPEG image formats with file extension .jpg will be accepted).
- Scanned copy of candidate’s full signature on white paper (only JPEG image formats with file extension .jpg will be accepted).
- Qualifying examination certificate (XII marksheet), if appeared in 2016 (only PDF formats with file extension .pdf will be accepted).
- Proof of Date of Birth. This could be copy of birth certificate, or copy of passport, or copy of Aadhaar Card or copy of X class marksheet/school leaving certificate showing DOB (only PDF formats with file extension .pdf will be accepted).
- For candidates appearing in 2017, a certificate from the school/college principal in the given format (Annexure 1) should be uploaded (only PDF formats with file extension .pdf will be accepted). The address, email and phone number to be filled in the form are that of the school/college. After you have scanned and uploaded the PDF of Annexure 1, keep the form safe. The same form is to be produced in original, as the photo ID along with the Admit Card at the examination centre on examination day.
12) I am an OBC candidate. Can I apply under the OBC category?
There is NO reservation under the OBC category. ONLY OBC candidates with the NCL (Non-Creamy Layer) certificate can apply under the OBC-NCL category. OBC candidates WITHOUT the NCL certificate must apply under the OPEN category.
13) I cannot get the valid OBC-NCL certificate before the application deadline. Can I upload my OBC certificate instead?
No. Applications under the OBC-NCL category without the valid certificate will be rejected, just as any other application under their respective reserved categories will be rejected without the valid certificate.
14) I do not have a birth certificate for proof of date of birth. What should I do?
If you do not have a birth certificate you can upload copy of passport, or copy of Aadhaar Card or copy of X class marksheet/school leaving certificate showing your DOB.
15) I am a foreign national or a NRI/PIO/OCI card holder. Is there a separate quota for people like me?
No. You will have to qualify in UCEED and fulfill all the eligibility criteria required by Indian citizens.
List of Undergraduate Common Entrance Exam for Design UCEED- B.Des. 2016 Centers (Expected)
|State||City||Mode of Exam|
the most popular courses across India, at one place
Create a free Profile now.
the most popular exams across India, at one place