Feb 15, 2016
Mar 09, 2016
Mar 13, 2016
Mar 31, 2016
UPES-MET 2016 - Application Steps
How to Apply for UPES-MET 2016
1. Create Login ID for the filling the application form for University of Petroleum and Energy Studies (UPES), Dehradun,UPES-MET .
2. Fill all the personal information like Name, User ID, Password, Category, Gender, E-mail ID, Security Question & Answer and Date Of Birth in the application form.
3. Scanned all the Documents in required size and format. Documents may include Passport size photograph, Community/Caste Certificate (only if the applicant belongs to OBC/SC/ST), Educational Documents, Identity Proof, Domicile Certificate(if applicable) and other supporting documents as mentioned.
4. Pay the application fee online by mentioned bank in the Exam Details.
5. Downloads & Prints hall ticket from the Official Site.
Eligibility for UPES-MET 2016
ADMISSION TO UPES MBA PROGRAMS ARE OPEN THROUGH TWO PATHWAYS:
1.Non Examination Pathway – MBA admissions through National Level Tests - CAT/MAT/XAT/CMAT/NMAT#
2.Examination Pathway – MBA admissions through UPESMET.
SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES THROUGH EITHER OF THE 2 PATHWAYS HAVE TO ATTEND GROUP DISCUSSION & INTERVIEW PROCESS FOR ADMISSION INTO A UPES MBA PROGRAM.
1. NON EXAMINATION PATHWAY – MBA ADMISSIONS THROUGH NATIONAL LEVEL TESTS - CAT/MAT/ XAT/CMAT/NMAT#
2. EXAMINATION PATHWAY – ADMISSIONS THROUGH UPES MANAGEMENT ENTRANCE TEST (UPESMET )
Candidates whose CAT/ XAT/ MAT/CMAT scores do not meet above-mentioned criteria, but they still have minimum 50% marks in Class 10th and Class 12th and in graduation, can seek admission to UPES MBA programs by taking the UPES Management Entrance Test (UPES MET )
Marks- At least 50 % marks at 10+2 level in Graduation with minimum 50% marks from a recognized University
Relaxation policy- For Uttrakhand Bonafide resident candidates: 15 % of the seats in all program will be reserved for resident of Uttrakhand subject to producing of "Sthai Niwas Praman Patra certificate". These Seats will be filled by separate merit list declared for Uttrakhand resident candidates. However in the event of the seats remaining unfilled by the stipulated date in the above-mentioned category, the same shall be treated as unreserved.
Note: Candidates applying under this category would be required to produce the original “Sthai Niwas Praman Patra” during the day of admission failing which their candidature shall stand canceled. Seats remaining unfilled by the stipulated date in this category shall be treated as unreserved
UPES-MET 2016 Important Instructions
- Click on the link that applies to your status – Indian Resident or Foreign Resident ,Sign up to buy the Admission Prospectus. You will get a display of the Sign Up Form.
- Fill up all the details requested in the Sign Up Form as well as the program that you are interested in.
- Click on the 'Submit' button.
- You will receive an email from UPES on the email id that you have registered in the Sign Up Form.
- Click on the link provided in the email from UPES to verify your email id and activate your account on the UPES website.
- Please proceed to fill up the Application Form on line and follow the instructions given therein.
- After submitting the Application Form, Pay On line by Credit card/ Debit card for UPES Prospectus and Application form.
On line Application Instructions :
- On line form submission facility is applicable only to those candidates who wish to apply and pay on line by Credit Card/ Debit Card
- Please do not submit your application until you have entered required details in all the information fields of the application form.
- If you have a scanned passport size photograph, you can upload the photograph while applying on line.
- While, applying on line, do not use the 'Back' button on the tool bar of your browser. Use the links and buttons available on the page to move from one page to another
- After completing the submission process successfully, you must take a print-out of the completed application form for your reference.
On successful submission of your on line application form, you will get an on line application number. Please retain this form number carefully for future reference.
UPES-MET 2016 Relaxation Policy
For Uttrakhand Bonafide resident candidates:
- 15 % of the seats in all program will be reserved for resident of Uttrakhand subject to producing of "Sthai Niwas Praman Patra certificate".
- These Seats will be filled by separate merit list declared for Uttrakhand resident candidates.
- However in the event of the seats remaining unfilled by the stipulated date in the above mentioned category the same shall be treated as unreserved.
- Candidates applying under this category would be required to produce the original “Sthai Niwas Praman Patra” during the day of admission failing which their candidature shall stand cancelled. Seats remaining unfilled by the stipulated date in this category shall be treated as unreserved
UPES-MET Application FAQ
1) How was UPES sponsored ?
UPES is sponsored by Hydrocarbons Education & Research Society (HERS) which is registered under the “Societies Registration Act XXI of 1860” (Registration No. S-41894 of 2002). HERS is a not-for-profit society promoted by a group of prominent professionals from the Industry.
2) UPES-MET is conducted by whom ?
University of Petroleum and Energy Studies (UPES), Dehradun conducts UPES-MET as an entrance exam for taking admission to two year Master of Business Administration (MBA) program in Petroleum & Energy Studies
3) How do we apply for the UPES-MET ?
- You have to apply online to appear for the UPES-MET.
- You can also purchase Prospectus & Application form by Demand Draft / Cash.
- Candidates can collect UPES Prospectus & Application form by sending a demand draft in favour of "UPES Fee Account", payable at New Delhi / Dehradun alongwith request letter or by Cash payment from admission counters at Ahmedabad / Chandigarh/ Delhi / Dehradun / Hyderabad / Kolkata / Mumbai.
4) What is the fee to appear for the UPES-MET ?
The fee to appear for the UPES-MET is Rs. 1750/- by Cash & Rs.1850 by Demand Draft.
5) How do we make payment of the fee ?
- Online form submission facility is applicable only to those candidates who wish to apply and pay online by Credit Card/ Debit Card/ Net Banking
- Demand Draft (DD) – For purchasing the UPES Prospectus and Application Form, the candidates can draw a DD of Rs. 1850/- in favour of “UPES Fee Account” payable at New Delhi.
- Cash – The candidates can also purchase the Prospectus and Application Form for UPES MET from the admission counters at Ahmedabad, Chandigarh, Cochin, Coimbatore, Delhi, Dehradun, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Mumbai. To purchase, the candidates are required to make a cash payment of Rs. 1750/- .
6) Where do we send the demand draft ?
The candidates must send the DD to the following address:
University of Petroleum & Energy Studies
Enrollment Office, 210, 2nd Floor
Okhla Industrial Estate, Phase III
New Delhi 110020.
7) How do we know whether our application has been received and accepted ?
An email will be sent to you once we receive the payment to appear for the UPES-MET.
8) When is it conducted ?
It is usually conducted in the month of Feburary. This year, the entrance test is being conducted on last week of febuary.
9) Where will the exam centres be formed for the exam ?
The test will be conducted at 29 cities.
10) When will I get my Admit Card ?
Admit card will be available for view and print in the First week of March(onwards). You will have to log onto the JGU website with your registered User ID. You will be eligible for an Admit Card only upon submission of online application form. You will receive an automated email confirmation upon successful submission from website .
11) What details will be mentioned in the Admit Card ?
The admit card will contain the following details: Name of the candidate Test date Test City & Centre address User ID / Registration Number PWD/DA status.
12) Do you have spot registration on the day of exam ?
No, you cannot make a spot registration on the day of exam.
13) Could I Submission of Application Form through On line ?
Yes ,you can Submitted the Application Form through On line.
14) If I miss the test, can I take it up on another day without paying for the test ?
No, you are not allowed.
15) If I miss the test on the scheduled date, will I be eligible for a refund?
No. you are not allowed.
List of UPES-MET 2016 Centers (Expected)
|State||City||Mode of Exam|
|Uttaranchal||Dehradun||Pen & Paper|