Nov 27, 2015
Apr 06, 2016
Apr 29, 2016
VITEEE 2016 - Application Steps
How to Apply for VITEEE 2016
1. Create Login ID or Download application from the official website for the filling of application form for the (VITEEE BTECH).
2. Fill all the personal information like Name, User ID, Password, Category, Gender, E-mail ID, Security Question & Answer and Date Of Birth in the application form.
3. Scanned all the Documents in required size and format. Documents may include Passport size photograph, Community/Caste Certificate (only if the applicant belongs to OBC/SC/ST), Educational Documents, Identity Proof, Domicile Certificate(if applicable) and other supporting documents as mentioned.
4. Pay the application fee online by mentioned bank in the exam details.
5. Downloads & prints hall ticket from the official site
Step 1: Take a DD of Rs. 2000/- favoring "VITEEE ".
- DD can be taken at any Nationalized Bank.
Step 2: Register online
After taking Demand Draft (DD) go to http://www.vit.ac.in/admissions and click on Apply now and fill all the details and click apply.
Step 3: After applying take a print out of filled application. Paste a recent Passport Size Photo and Sign where Signature space is provided.
Step 4: Make a photocopy of the Application Form and DD as a proof of acknowledgement.
Step 5: Make a Note of your “Application Number “ before you post
Step 6: Post / Courier the application along with the Original DD to the below mentioned Address.
Vellore Institute of Technology,
Near Katpadi Rd Vellore,
Tamil Nadu - 632014
Eligibility for VITEEE 2016
Candidates whose date of birth falls on or after 1st July 1995 are eligible to apply for VITEEE-2017.
Candidates appearing for the VITEEE in 2017 should have secured an aggregate of 60% in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics/Biology in the qualifying examination (+2/Intermediate).
The average marks obtained in the subjects Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics or Biology (PCM / PCB) in +2 (or its equivalent) put together should be 50% for the SC/ST & North Eastern State.
Candidates who have studied in Regular, Full Time and Formal Education are alone eligible to apply.
'NIOS' candidates are eligible to appear for the VITEEE-2017.
VITEEE 2016 Important Instructions
1. The e-Admit card will be generated once the candidate has booked his/her schedule through the Online Test Booking System. The e-Admit card will be auto-generated for only those candidates who book a slot using the Online Test Booking system before the last date.
2. The e-Admit card will indicate the e-Admit card number, photograph of the student, address of the test center, test date and time selected by the candidate. Discrepancies, if any, must be brought to the notice of VIT University immediately. The e-Admit card will be made available for candidates on www.vit.ac.in.
3. Candidate should provide the application form number and Online Test Booking password to download the e- Admit card. The copy of the e-Admit card will also be emailed to the candidate.
4. Candidates must provide a valid email ID in the application form. The e-Admit card will not be despatched to candidates via post or fax. Candidates should ensure that a printer is connected to their computer while printing the e-Admit card.
5. Candidates should take a print out of the e-Admit card using the print option on A4 size paper only. Please ensure that all information on the e-Admit card including photograph is clearly visible on the print out.
6. Candidates will not be permitted to appear for the test without valid e-Admit card. Candidates must not mutilate the e-Admit card or change any entry made therein after it has been authenticated and received by them. Impersonation is a legally punishable offence.
7. The e-Admit card is an important document and it must be preserved and produced at the time of counselling / admission Candidate should report to the selected test centre with
1. E-Admit card
2. Photocopy of the application form and
3. Any one of the following for photo identification.
4. School or college Photo ID card
5. Twelfth Standard board exam hall ticket (or) admit card bearing photo
7. Driving License
8. Voter ID card
9. IT Pan card
VITEEE 2016 Relaxation Policy
For Reserve Category : 50% Marks in PCM / PCB Group
VITEEE Application FAQ
1) What is VITEEE ?
- VITEEE is a computer based online examination conducted by Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT) in all over India and also in abroad.
- VITEEE Exam is for the candidates, seeking admission in various undergraduate Engineering courses at VIT campus.
2) What is the examination for? Who conducts it?
VITEEE is an entrance examination for B.Tech UG course in VIT University. It is a private university and is responsible for the conduction of examination and result generation.
3) How do I get to the University? How far is it from the railway station?
VIT is located on the main road from Tiruvalam to Katpadi. VIT is about 140kms from Chennai. By rail you can reach VIT by arriving at Katpadi railway junction. VIT University is just 2 kms from the Katpadi Railway Station (You can hire autos to reach easily).
4) Where VIT University, Chennai Campus’s located?
Chennai Campus is
(1) 9 km from Vandalur Zoo
(2) 18 km from Tambaram Railway Station
(3) 30 km from Chennai Airport
(4) 40 km from Koyambedu Central Bus Stand
(5) 42 km from Chennai Central Railway Junction.
5) I am interested in joining B.Tech. at VIT. When can I apply?
The application forms are available from first week of November.
6) Whether online application form is available?
You can also apply through online . The details are available on official website.
7) How will I know if my application is received at VIT?
- For the benefit of the candidates, the following arrangements have been made to enable the students to know the status of the application.
- Once the application is received at VIT, a message will be sent by SMS to the candidate stating that the application has been received at VIT. This would however be possible only if the mobile number is correctly shaded in the application form. The candidates may also track the status of their application by typing their application number in the VIT website. However, this feature can be availed of only after about 2 weeks of dispatch of the application.
8) After applying can I request for change of centre?
Once the centre is allotted, the change of centre will not be entertained, under any circumstances.
9) How can I make correction on the VITEEE online application form after generation of the application number?
You cannot make any correction on the existing application form after generation of the application number. You may have to open and enter a fresh application form with correct details ignoring the previous application. The application form that is received with the DD will only be considered and the datas of the same will be utilized for generating the Admit Card. Therefore make sure that the online application form contains the correct details before giving the submit option and sent it along with the DD of Rs. 970/- drawn in favour of ‘VIT University’ payable at Vellore.
10) What are the important steps to be followed while filling the VITEEE offline application form?
Before posting the application please ensure that:-
- You have read the instructions carefully.
- You have to use black ball-point pen to enter the codes in the boxes and pencil to shade the alphabet / numeral / circle as indicated.
- You have to affix a good quality recent, colour photograph in the space provided.
- You should NOT attest the Photograph.
- You have to clearly and legibly write your complete postal address to which the communication is to be sent.
- You have to enter your correct PINCODE.
- You have to indicate your correct STD code and Phone No. / Mobile No.
- You have to mention your correct e-mail address.
- You have to sign in the space provided below the photograph and in the declaration form.
- Your parent / guardian has to sign the declaration form.
- You should not use any pins or stapler in your application.
- You have to clearly indicate whether you require hostel accommodation or not.
- You have to enter the correct Test City Code on the envelope provided.
- You have to retain a photocopy of your application.
11) What are the important steps to be followed while filling the VITEEE online application form?
Before posting the application please ensure that:-
- Before filling the application form, Kindly refer the Information Brochure carefully.
- Fill all the columns carefully, incomplete application will be rejected.
- Enter the required details and then click on the ‘Submit & Proceed to Printing‘ Button on the bottom of the page.
- Please check the content before proceeding for print. The print out should be in A4 size only.
- The duly filled-in application form to be affixed with colour passport size photograph and Signature.
- The application form to be sent along with the DD of Rs. 970/- drawn in favour of ‘VIT University’, payable at Vellore for Indian candidates (or 50 USD for NRI candidates).
- The application form has to be sent to the address of Admissions Officer, VIT University, Vellore-632014, Tamil Nadu, India
- Kindly note down the application no. generated for any future correspondence.
- Candidates are advised to take photocopy of the application form.
12) What should I do if I do not receive the VITEEE admit card by the time of the examination?
In case you do not receive the Admit Card, you should make it a point to report the same immediately to the Admissions Officer. If you do not receive the Admit Card, before the examination date, he / she would have to meet VIT Representative one day before the examination at the centre with a copy of the application form and two attested pass-port size photographs, identical to the one affixed in the application form. All enquiries pertaining to the Admit Card without mentioning application number will not be entertained under any circumstances.
13) What is/are the college/colleges covered under this examination?
VITEEE is the entrance examination of Vellore Institute of Technology, a deemed university which has its main campus in Vellore, TN and a relatively new campus in Chennai, TN. Its Bangalore campus is expected to be functional by 2015. VIT Vellore is currently one of the top 10 PRIVATE engineering colleges in India.
List of VITEEE 2016 Centers (Expected)
|State||City||Mode of Exam|