Feb 28, 2016
May 29, 2016
Jun 05, 2016
Jun 12, 2016
VITMEE - M.Tech 2016 Important Instructions
VITMEE - M.Tech Application FAQ
1) What is VITMEE ?
- VITMEE is a computer based online examination conducted by Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT) in all over India and also in abroad.
- VITMEE Exam is for the candidates, seeking admission in various postgraduate Engineering courses at VIT campus.
2) What is the examination for? Who conducts it?
VITMEE is an entrance examination for M.Tech PG course in VIT University. It is a private university and is responsible for the conduction of examination and result generation.
3) How do I get to the University? How far is it from the railway station?
VIT is located on the main road from Tiruvalam to Katpadi. VIT is about 140kms from Chennai. By rail you can reach VIT by arriving at Katpadi railway junction. VIT University is just 2 kms from the Katpadi Railway Station (You can hire autos to reach easily).
4) Is there any need to send the documents to the University address?
No,there not need to send the documents to the University address.
5) In which specification photograph and signature will be required?
Scanned copy of photograph with file size between 20 KB to 300 KB in .jpg/.jpeg format (dimension 3.5 cm X 4.5 cm). Scanned copy of signature with file size between 10 KB to 200 KB in .jpg/.jpeg format (dimension 6 cm X 2 cm).
6) How will I know if my application is received at VIT?
- For the benefit of the candidates, the following arrangements have been made to enable the students to know the status of the application.
- Once the application is received at VIT, a message will be sent by SMS to the candidate stating that the application has been received at VIT. This would however be possible only if the mobile number is correctly shaded in the application form. The candidates may also track the status of their application by typing their application number in the VIT website. However, this feature can be availed of only after about 2 weeks of dispatch of the application.
7) After applying can I request for change of centre?
Once the centre is allotted, the change of centre will not be entertained, under any circumstances.
8) .How can I make correction on the VITMEE online application form after generation of the application number?
You cannot make any correction on the existing application form after generation of the application number. You may have to open and enter a fresh application form with correct details ignoring the previous application. The application form that is received with the DD will only be considered and the datas of the same will be utilized for generating the Admit Card. Therefore make sure that the online application form contains the correct details before giving the submit option and sent it along with the DD of Rs. 970/- drawn in favour of ‘VIT University’ payable at Vellore.
9) What are the important steps to be followed while filling the VITMEE offline application form?
Before posting the application please ensure that:-
- You have read the instructions carefully.
- You have to use black ball-point pen to enter the codes in the boxes and pencil to shade the alphabet / numeral / circle as indicated.
- You have to affix a good quality recent, colour photograph in the space provided.
- You should NOT attest the Photograph.
- You have to clearly and legibly write your complete postal address to which the communication is to be sent.
- You have to enter your correct PINCODE.
- You have to indicate your correct STD code and Phone No. / Mobile No.
- You have to mention your correct e-mail address.
- You have to sign in the space provided below the photograph and in the declaration form.
- Your parent / guardian has to sign the declaration form.
- You should not use any pins or stapler in your application.
- You have to clearly indicate whether you require hostel accommodation or not.
- You have to enter the correct Test City Code on the envelope provided.
- You have to retain a photocopy of your application.
10) What are the important steps to be followed while filling the VITMEE online application form?
Before posting the application please ensure that:-
- Before filling the application form, Kindly refer the Information Brochure carefully.
- Fill all the columns carefully, incomplete application will be rejected.
- Enter the required details and then click on the ‘Submit & Proceed to Printing‘ Button on the bottom of the page.
- Please check the content before proceeding for print. The print out should be in A4 size only.
- The duly filled-in application form to be affixed with colour passport size photograph and Signature.
- The application form to be sent along with the DD of Rs. 970/- drawn in favour of ‘VIT University’, payable at Vellore for Indian candidates (or 50 USD for NRI candidates).
- The application form has to be sent to the address of Admissions Officer, VIT University, Vellore-632014, Tamil Nadu, India
- Kindly note down the application no. generated for any future correspondence.
- Candidates are advised to take photocopy of the application form.
11) What should I do if I do not receive the VITMEE admit card by the time of the examination?
In case you do not receive the Admit Card, you should make it a point to report the same immediately to the Admissions Officer. If you do not receive the Admit Card, before the examination date, he / she would have to meet VIT Representative one day before the examination at the centre with a copy of the application form and two attested pass-port size photographs, identical to the one affixed in the application form. All enquiries pertaining to the Admit Card without mentioning application number will not be entertained under any circumstances.
List of VITMEE - M.Tech 2016 Centers (Expected)
|State||City||Mode of Exam|