Aliah University Admission Test (AUAT) B.Tech (AUAT B.Tech - 2016)
How to Prepare
Make a proper Time Table
It is very important that you make a time table and stick to it and you will have an exact idea of what you are required to study and the time required for it.
Concept clarity rather than rote learning
It is essential that you have a clear idea of the formulas and concepts rather than rote learning of things for the papers. While you might require it for memorizing formulas it is important that for other stuff you make sure you clear your basis and concepts before moving on.
It is very important make small notes or a comprehensive list of formulas on each covered topic and chapter which will come in handy at the time of revision. This will require you to be regular with your work but will surely make things easy at the time of revision.
Aspirants should focus on core topics and theory of Physics, Chemistry and Maths. Try and finish all the topics in the next two-three months. Thereafter, do not touch any new topics or comfortable areas. The chief strategy should be to attempt familiar questions and leave non-familiar/non-comfortable questions. Candidates should be able to decide this within 10 seconds.
Speed will be also very critical in the exam. Apart question learning to select a question, candidates should also to reject a question in less than 10 seconds.
Expect some calculation-heavy problems. These questions are meant to be left alone. Give it a try only if are not very close.
Focus on JEEMAINS and BITSAT past papers also.
Prepare your vocabulary well. Spend some time on reading English newspaper, magazine and books. This will improve your reading skill, vocabulary as well as knowledge of the Current events. Revise your grammar skill also.
|Step 1||Create Login ID|
|Step 2||Completing the Online Form|
|Step 3||Uploading Scan Copy of Documents|
AUAT B.Tech 2016 Question Paper Format
Correct Question Mark
AUAT B.Tech 2016
Aliah University Admission Test (AUAT) is an Aliah University Admission Test (AUAT) B.Tech entrance exam for getting admission in B.Tech undergraduate programme. This entrance test is conducted by Aliah University, located in the city of Kolkata, West Bengal. Aliah University offers admission into B.Tech courses candidates those qualified in the exam will get admission into one of these courses based on the rank in the counseling procedure.
- Civil Engineering
- Electronics and Communication
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
AUAT B.Tech 2016 Conducting Body
Aliah University started its glorious journey from the 2008-09 academic session with great potential and immense opportunities. It is hoped that this university, harmonizing tradition and modernity, will emerge as a unique institution of higher studies and research. As per Aliah University Act 2007, Section 3 (3), it has been conferred the status of a minority educational institution. Aliah University is an autonomous university under the Department of Minority Affairs and Madrasah Education, Government of West Bengal. It is hoped that along with the people of any race, creed, caste or class, this University will play a crucial and leading role in the advancement of higher education for socially and educationally backward classes belonging to the Minorities.
AUAT B.Tech Contact Details
|Address||The Chairman, AUAT 2017, Aliah University, New Town Campus, Action Area - II, Kolkata- 700 156 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Mode||Pen & Paper|
AUAT B.Tech FAQ
1) Aliah University Admission Test (AUAT) B.Tech is conducted by whom?
Aliah University Admission Test (AUAT) is an Aliah University Admission Test (AUAT) B.Tech entrance exam for getting admission in various undergraduate programmes. This entrance test is conducted by Aliah University, located in the city of Kolkata, West Bengal. Aliah University offers admission into B.Tech courses candidates those qualified in the exam will get admission into one of these courses based on the rank in the counseling procedure.
2) Is the university B.Tech Programme recognized by UGC or by AICTE?
Two hundred twenty nine year old educational and cultural institution, Calcutta Madrasah, popularly known as Madrasahe Aliah, has been upgraded to Calcutta Madrasah College and then Aliah University by virtue of Aliah University Act XXVII of 2007 passed by West Bengal State Legislative Assembly and declared as a minority institution vide G.O. No. 1465 –MD /07 dated 12-10-2007 and approved by UGC.This is the first educational institution set up in India in 1780 by Warren Hastings, the then Governor General of East India Company.
3) What are the various Eligibility Norms of the Aliah University Admission Test (AUAT) B.Tech Program?
- Candidate must have taken Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry having at least 100 Marks in total in each in the final examination of the 10+2 pattern.
- Candidate must have to secure at least 60% overall in Physics,Chemistry, and Mathematics took together in 12th level.
- Candidates who are appearing 12th Board examination in 2016, may also apply, who has secured 50% Marks in aggregate in Madhyamik/equivalent exam. However, their admission will be cancelled if they fail to secure the above-mentioned criteria.
4) How can I register for Aliah University Admission Test (AUAT) B.Tech examination?
Candidates need to get the application form online to register themselves for Aliah University Admission Test (AUAT) B.Tech . Applicants must check the Aliah University Admission Test (AUAT) B.Tech Important Dates . Aspirants can register for the test till last week of May (without late fee). The form will be generated online only after AUAT Login ID and Password will be allotted to the candidate. While registering for the test, candidates are required to pay an application fee.
5) What is the fee to be paid for the form?
AUAT Registration Fee has two criteria that is:-
- For Male- Rs 500
- For Female – Rs 300
6) What is the minimum marks should I get both in the 12th board examination and in entrance exam to avail a seat in AUAT?
The candidate should have obtained a minimum of aggregate 50% marks in Senior secondary exam. He/she should have a required rank in the entrance test.
7) I have secured an eligible rank in the AMU MBA entrance examination. My aggregate percentage is 49% in qualifying examination. Can I attend counselling?
No. For admission to B.Tech, the eligibility is "minimum aggregate of 50% in the qualifying examination".
8) Which modes the payment can be done?
- The application fee through on line payment mode (Debit card/Credit card/Net Banking), Demand Draft (DD) Make sure you have the Card details or Demand Draft ready before starting the application process .
- The Candidate who wants to pay through Demand Draft must purchase the Demand Draft in Favour of “The Registrar, Aliah University” Payable at Kolkata. Submission of confirmation sheet along with documents is Mandatory for all Candidates may submit it by post/in person to University office address the Chairman, AUAT-2014, Aliah University, DN-18, Salt Lake, Sector-V, Kolkata-91 .
9) When is it conducted ?
It is usually conducted in the month of May. This year, the entrance test is being conducted on first week of May.
10) What will be the medium of examination?
Medium of examination is English.
11) When are AUAT B.Tech Results Out?
Results will be available on the website 1 Week after taking the test.
12) What are the Courses offered at AUAT in B.Tech ?
AUAT B.Tech offers following Major Courses/ Specializations*:
1. Civil Engineering (CEN)
2. Electronics & Communication Engineering (ECE)
3. Computer Science & Engineering (CSE)
4. Electrical Engineering (EEN)
5. Mechanical Engineering (MEN).
13) I am a General class candidate and got less than 40% (in the range of 30-40%) in my graduation and 45% (in the range of 40-50%) in post-graduation. Am I eligible for AUAT B.Tech entrance exams?
No,you are not allowed.
14) What will be the exam structure of AUAT B.Tech ?
The paper of Aliah University Admission Test (AUAT) B.Tech examination is of two-hour duration (100 marks in total) for all programmes:
Part – A (25 Marks) on English, Islamic Studies, and General Knowledge (in the ratio of approximately 2:2:1).
Part-B (75 Marks) for all A 01 programmes will comprise of Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics. (in the equal ratio, i.e. 1:1:1).
Final merit list will be prepared on the basis of written examination (100 marks) only.
Test Duration- 2 Hours
15) What is the mode of conduction of AUAT (B.Tech) Exam?
Offline or Pen & Paper based exam.
16) Whom do I contact for AUAT Test details?
New Town Campus
II A/27, New Town,
Kolkata-700 156, India
Phone no. 91-33-2706-4042
17) What are the reservation policies of AUAT?
% of Reservation
Physically Challenged (PC) Candidates
Candidates from outside West Bengal
Candidates from foreign Countries
Limited number of seats
Candidates shortlisted through WBJEE/JEE (Main)
18) Can I change my test centre?
No, you cannot change the test centre.
19) If I miss the test on the scheduled date, will I be eligible for a refund?
No. you are not allowed.
20) Where will the exam centres be formed for the exam?
The test will be conducted at 27 cities. The list of AUAT test centres can be obtained from Offical Website.
21) What does the selection process comprises of?
Ranking, E-counselling and Admission A list of Successful candidates appearing different programmes of AUAT will be displayed separately on the University website : www.aliah.ac.in on the basis of scores in the written test. Separate list of successful candidates will also be prepared for the Physically Challenged ( PC ) candidates and Other state ( OS ) candidates. Admission to different programmes will be made through online counselling according to the rank in the merit list. A rank card, containing all relevant information regarding counselling, will be provided to all successful candidates at the time of publication of result of AUAT.
22) When will I get my Admit Card?
Admit card will be available for view and print in the last week of April (onwards). You will have to log onto the AUAT website with your registered User ID. You will be eligible for an Admit Card only upon submission of online application form. You will receive an automated email confirmation upon successful submission from Offical website.
23) Do you have spot registration on the day of exam?
No , you cannot make a spot registration on the day of exam.
24) What is maximum Age Eligibility Criteria ?
Maximum age limit is 25 years as on 01.07.2016.
25) Could I Submission of Application Form through On line?
Yes ,you can Submitted the Application Form through On line.
26) What is the fee structure for the programs at AUAT B.Tech?
Annual Fee Rs. 10050/-p.a
27) Will the results be available online?
Yes, on Aliah University Offical website.
28) Will there be any negative marking?
No,there is no negative marking.
29) What details will be mentioned in the Admit Card?
The admit card will contain the following details: Name of the candidate Test date Test City & Centre address User ID / Registration Number PWD/DA status.
30) If I miss the test, can I take it up on another day without paying for the test?
No, you are not allowed.
31) Do all students get hostel facilities?
The hostel is located 17, Haji Md. Mohsin Square, Kolkata-700016. Sixty percent of its berths are reserved for the accommodation of Aliah University students studying in Islamic Theology and Mumtazul Muhaddethin (M. M.). Students are admitted in the hostel strictly on merit basis and on production of documentary evidence of their permanent residence.
32) Is AUATB.Tech Admission Test result based on ranking or percentile?
The result is based on ranking.
How to Apply
the most popular courses across India, at one place
Create a free Profile now.
the most popular exams across India, at one place