Aurora's Management Aptitude Test AMAT (PGDM) (AMAT - 2017)
How to Prepare
Make a proper Time Table
It is very important that you make a timetable and stick to it and you will have an exact idea of what you are required to study and the time required for it.
Concept clarity rather than routes learning
It is essential that you have a clear idea of the formulas and concepts rather than rote learning of things for the papers. While you might require it for memorizing formulas it is important that for other stuff you make sure you clear your basics and concepts before moving on.
It is very important to make small notes or a comprehensive list of formulas on each covered topic and chapter which will come in handy at the time of revision. This will require you to be regular with your work but will surely make things easy at the time of revision.
It is not possible for you to know everything in your syllabus, at least not at the time of preparation. Sooner or later you will run into a concept or so which will give you trouble and then it is best you seek guidance from an instructor or a teacher. It is necessary that you clear your doubts at regular intervals and don’t prolong things for long. Getting into a good coaching class is nothing to be ashamed off and if anything a regular coaching class will enable you to avoid roadblocks in your preparation.
Even though there may be a complete change in the exam pattern or the expected questions altogether, it is important that you practice on the sample and previous years question papers of Aurora's Management Aptitude Test AMAT (PGDM).You will know the existing pattern and have a fair idea of the type of questions to expect in the paper along with the time constraint.
The paper pattern of Aurora's Management Aptitude Test AMAT (PGDM), duration of the paper and the number of questions to be attempted in the given amount of time is not something you will be able to pick up on the day of the examination. A Mock Test tests a student’s abilities as it not only provides a similar feel of real exams but also helps in building speed and confident to face the exam. Furthermore, they can improve their performance to get an extra edge in actual exams.
Time management can be learned through thorough practice and regular test taking. So it is important that you practice it and practice it well.
AMAT 2017 Question Paper Format
Correct Question Mark
AMAT 2017 News and Updates
Aurora Business School, established in 2005, is an institution in Aurora group offering Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM) approved by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), Ministry of HRD. Aurora's Business School, located in the heart of the city of Hyderabad, is a ...Read more
Aurora's Business School conducts Aurora's Management Aptitude Test-AMAT (PGDM). Aurora Business School, established in 2005, takes Admission to the PGDM course through Aurora's Management Aptitude Test-AMAT. It is the only institution in Aurora group offering Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM) approved by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), Ministry of HRD. Aurora's Business School, located in the heart of the city, is a premier Business School in the State of Telangana
- 2 year full-time PGDM (Core) with Finance, Marketing, HR, Operations, Supply Chain specialisations
- 2 Year full-time PGDM (Marketing)
- 2 year full-time PGDM (Hospital Management)
- 2-year full-time PGDM (Rural Management)
- 3 year (part-time) PGDM
- 15 months full-time PGDM (Executive)
AMAT 2017 Conducting Body
Aurora Business School, established in 2005, is the only institution in Aurora group offering Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM) approved by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), Ministry of HRD. Aurora's Business School, located in the heart of the city, is a premier Business School in the State of Telangana. It has a record of nurturing globally responsible citizens who will venture into the world with confidence with a world class degree. At Aurora, every student is groomed to be responsible, competent and cutting edge professionals to reach the top with core values and face the changing world with confidence and determination.
AMAT Contact Details
|Address||Aurora's Business School Near NIMS, Punjagutta, Hyderabad, Telangana State - 500 082|
|Phone no||+91 40 23350062, 23351892|
1) Is the Diploma (PGDM) recognized as equivalent to MBA?
Yes, it is accepted as equivalent in the job market. The AICTE recognizes both PGDM and MBA.
2) How will my application be evaluated ?
The Admissions Committee reviews each application received in depth. For short listing a student, we emphasize on the leadership potential, personal qualities and characteristics, participation by the student in co-curricular activities, previous academic performance, and scores in entrance examinations such as CAT / XAT / MAT/AMAT.
3) In which part of the application may I enter additional information, including special circumstances ?
Please enter important information that you want the Admissions Committee to know in a separate sheet and submit it along with the admission form.
4) How do I add new information if I have already submitted my application ?
Once the application has been submitted, the Admissions Committee cannot accept application updates other than contact updates. The candidates may however, submit their updates at the time of interview.
5) What is the last date for applying ?
The registration form can be submitted during the month of April.
6) In which month is the AMAT(PGDM) exam conducted?
Generally, this exam is conducted in the first week of May every year.
7) When will I get my Admit Card?
Admit card will be available for viewing and printing in the last week of April (onwards). You will have to log onto the AMAT(PGDM) website with your registered User ID. You will be eligible for an Admit Card only upon submission of online application form. You will receive an automated email confirmation upon successful submission from the official website.
8) Whom should I contact if I have a question regarding my application status?
In case of any questions, you should contact Admissions Counselor by calling them or mailing them at email@example.com. You may also use Facebook and Twitter platforms to contact the college/ conducting body.
9) Will Aurora’s Business School provide feedback to the students who have been rejected ?
If contacted, the Admissions Counselor would be able to provide the appropriate reasons for rejection of your application.
10) Can I visit Aurora’s Business School for better understanding ?
Students visiting Aurora’s Business School may contact Admissions Counselor and get the needed information. For further support contact Admissions Counselor at firstname.lastname@example.org
11) What is the mode of conduction of AMAT (PGDM) ?
Online or Computer based exam.
12) What are the eligibility criteria for AMAT (PGDM) admissions?
- A Bachelor's degree (or its equivalent) in any discipline with not less than 45% marks in aggregate from a college recognized by the University Grants Commission/AICTE, obtained on or before June 2017
- Those completing their final examinations by May/ June 2017 can also apply for the Fall Batch and those beyond June for Spring Batch
13) What is maximum age eligibility criteria ?
There is no upper or lower age limit to take the AMAT (MBA) exam.
14) Will there be any negative marking ?
No, there is no negative marking.
15) May I use a calculator in the AMAT examination?
No, use of calculators, mobile phones or any other electronic devices is strictly prohibited. All the rough work should be done on the rough paper provided to student during examination.
16) Does the reputation of my undergraduate institution or company affect my chances of being accepted ?
The college's goal is to admit a class that offers a variety of perspectives. Therefore, we carefully consider individuals from a wide spectrum of academic and work experiences. Admission is given on the basis of your competence and not on the reputation of the institution from where you've done under graduation.
17) When are the AMAT (PGDM) results out ?
The AMAT (PGDM) results are usually out within 10 working days after the test.
18) Which scores are accepted for admission ?
Aurora’s Business School accepts CAT, XAT, MAT and AMAT scores.
19) What is the desired length of work experience you wish to see in candidates?
Aurora’s Business School insists on work experience only for PGDM (Executive) program and PGDM (Part Time) program. Suitable candidates will have the ability to demonstrate strength in our admission process regardless of the number of years of their work experience. However, the suitable work experience is an asset and will help you in understanding the intricacies of the business.
20) What constitutes the suitable work experience?
Suitable work experience includes opportunities in which students have been able to develop their professional and leadership skills.
21) Are there specific types of work experience that will make me a more attractive candidate?
The college does not focus on a specific area of work experience but emphasizes on the roles, responsibility and the learning from their employment. The Admissions Committee will look at the quality of the applicant's work experience during evaluation.
22) What are the dates for GD and Personal Interview ?
The GD and Personal Interviews are usually conducted till the closing date of admission.
23) What should I expect during my GD and Personal Interview ?
- Your GD would last for 15 minutes and the Personal Interview will last for approximately 10 minutes
- The focus of GD would be on contemporary topics
- The objective of Personal Interview to elicit information further to the application and find your suitability as a candidate as per admission requirements set by the Admissions Committee
24) How can I best prepare for GD and Personal Interview?
The purpose of the GD and Personal Interview is to evaluate the student. Students are encouraged to relax and be ready to talk about themselves. You are advised to be very attentive, maintain eye contact with the Interviewer; and speak with a clear and audible voice.
25) Will Aurora’s Business School provide feedback to the students who have been rejected?
If contacted, the Admissions Counselor would be able to provide the appropriate reasons for rejection of your application.
26) How long can I defer my acceptance of admission?
Candidates who are selected need to pay the admission fee of Rs. 40,000 within two weeks from the date of notification of selection. Delaying payment of fee will automatically lead to cancellation of the admissions offer made.
27) What is the estimated cost of the program?
Specific details of the course fee can be obtained from Admission Counselor and also from the brochure of the Aurora’s Business School.
28) Will I get a bank loan?
Aurora’s Business School facilitates to arrange bank loans of the course fee, through any nationalized bank, which offers educational loan.
29) Will I get scholarships / funding from Aurora’s Business School for the course?
Meritorious and deserving candidates are awarded scholarships on applying to the Aurora’s Business School Scholarships Committee.
30) Which bodies recognize the PGDM Diploma offered by Aurora’s Business School ?
All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), Ministry of HRD, Government of India have approved the Post Graduate Diploma in Management offered by Aurora’s Business School. The corporate sector not only recognizes but also highly values the PGDM offered by Aurora’s Business School.
31) What are the extracurricular activities available?
Aurora’s Business School encourages participation of students in a large number of co-curricular activities apart from sports and games. Details of these can be had from the student's activities section in the Aurora’s Business School website.
32) Does Aurora’s Business School have hostel facility?
Aurora’s Business School facilitates hostel accommodation both for boys and girls separately. Further information can be had from the Admissions Counselor.
33) How is a PGDM course different from an MBA course?
Technically, an MBA (Master of Business Administration) program is offered by University/Deemed University or its affiliated colleges. PGDM (Post Graduate Diploma in Management) is offered by AICTE (All India Council for Technical Education), Government of India approved B-Schools. Both are equivalent and are considered as Post Graduate level courses but PGDM is relatively more industry oriented. You can apply for a research grant or further studies in India or abroad based on these certifications.
AICTE approval gives that authenticity to the program in terms of infrastructure, faculty strength, research, placements, and many other factors that ensure quality education. One must be careful with the term PGDM, as there are some B-Schools in India that offer PGDM even though they do not have AICTE approval. You are advised to refrain from joining such B’ Schools unless they are reputed for quality education. By means of your own research, you may find out that AICTE approved B’Schools. PGDMs are more adaptable to market conditions as they don't have a legacy of a university system that treats all Post Graduate courses more or less in a similar manner.
All IIMs and many premier institutes including Aurora’s Business School are AICTE approved. The quality of these institutes is vouched by their superior placement track record.
How to Apply
the most popular courses across India, at one place
Create a free Profile now.
the most popular exams across India, at one place