How to Prepare
BEEE 2016 Question Paper Format
Bharath University conducts the Bharath Engineering Entrance Exam (BEE) every year to enroll students for undergraduate and postgraduate courses in Technology The qualified students through this common entrance examination will be given admissions in this University. Bharath Engineering Entrance Examination (BEEE) is a State Level Entrance Examination.
BEEE 2016 Conducting Body
Bharath University conducted Bharath Engineering Entrance Examination (BEEE). The first self-financing Engineering College in the name of Bharath Institute of Science and Technology (BIST) was started in Tamil Nadu in 1984 by Sri Lakshmi Ammal Educational Trust, established by the academic visionary Dr. S. Jagathrakshakan. The trust then started Sree Balaji Dental College and Hospital, in 1989. Sree Balaji Dental College and Hospital was first recognized as a Deemed to be University by MHRD in July 2002, under section 3 of the UGC Act 1956 under the new trust Bharath Institute of Higher Education and Research (BIHER).
BEEE Contact Details
|Address||# 173 Agharam Road Selaiyur, Chennai - 600 073 Tamil Nadu, India University|
|Phone no||+ 91 - 44 - 2229 0742, 2229 0125|
|Mode||Both Online and Pen & Paper|
1) What is BEEE?
BEEE is Bharath Engineering Entrance Exam that is conducted by Bharath University, Chennai. It is Undergraduate type University level exam that the candidates have to qualify to get into various engineering courses offered by the University.
2) When is the application form issued for BEEE?
The application forms for BEEE are issued mostly in the month of January. And the submission dates end by the month of January.
3) Is BEEE conducted all over India?
BEEE is conducted in almost all the major cities of India.
4) What is the application fee for BEEE?
The application fee for BEEE is approx Rs 500/-.
5) What is the procedure for application for BEEE?
The candidate aspiring to take admission into Bharath University for Engineering courses need to fill the application form available in due time. The duly filled application form is to be sent to the University along with the application fee of Rs 500/-. The form may be filled in the following ways:
- Online: candidate may fill the form online, available on the official website of the university. The fee may also be paid online.
- Online with Demand Draft: candidate may fill the form online and need to download it. Then the payment may be made with a DD of Rs 500/- , drawn in favor of Bharath University, payable at Chennai.
- Direct: candidate may purchase the application form directly in person on payment of Rs 500/-.
6) What is the official address of Bharath University?
The official Address of the university is
# 173, Agharam Road,
Selaiyur, Chennai-600 073
7) How to apply for BEEE online?
The online application may be filled at university website .The registration may be done and payment may also be done online.
8) What is the contact number and email id for gathering information regarding BEEE?
The contact number of Bharath University is 91-44-2229 0742, 2229 0125. The email id is email@example.com.
9) When is the BEEE held?
BEEE is held during the month of January.
10) How can I confirm that my BEEE registration form is duly submitted?
- You will receive a unique ID after making payment and successful submission of registration form on your registered mail id. Those who submit offline registration form with demand draft will also receive the unique ID on their registered mail id.
11) When will I get my Admit Card?
Admit card will be available for view and print in the third week of January (onwards). You will have to log onto the BEEE website with your registered User ID. You will be eligible for an Admit Card only upon submission of online application form. You will receive an automated email confirmation upon successful submission from website.
12) What details will be mentioned in the Admit Card?
The admit card will contain the following details: Name of the candidate Test date Test City & Centre address User ID / Registration Number PWD/DA status.
13) What is the mode of BEEE paper?
The BEEE paper may be taken in online mode or offline (paper –pencil based) mode.
14) What are the eligibility criteria to apply for BEEE to get admission into Bharath University for engineering courses?
For admission into engineering courses at Bharath University, for BEEE,
- Candidate should have passed 10+2 with minimum aggregate marks of 50% in the core subjects that is physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
- For lateral entry, the candidate should be a diploma or a B.Sc. degree holder in any of the science subjects.
Admission to B.Tech. Course is based on the AICTE/UGC norms. It is done on the basis of the marks of qualifying examination and entrance exam.
15) What is the paper pattern for BEEE exam?
The BEEE exam is divided into four parts:
- Physics with 30 questions and a total weightage of 30 marks.
- Chemistry with 30 questions and a total weightage of 30 marks.
- Mathematics with 30 questions and a total weightage of 30 marks.
- English with 10 questions and a total weightage of 10 marks.
There is a total weightage of 100 marks.
16) Is there any negative marking in the BEEE question paper?
No, there is no negative marking in the BEEE question paper.
17) What is the age limit for admission into B.Tech. Courses in Bharath University?
For admission into B.Tech. Courses in Bharath University, Candidates who have not completed 25 year of age as on 1st July of the year in which Admission is sought are eligible.
18) I am a defense service personnel. Can my child get a seat under DS category in Bharath Common Admission Test BEEE ?
Not all defense service personnels' children are eligible for DS category seats. DS category seats are earmarked for children of defence / paramilitary personnel killed or permanently disabled in action during war or peacetime operations.
19) When will the BEEE results be declared?
Results will be available on the website Last week of February .
20) Is BEEE result based on ranking or percentile?
The result is based on ranking.
21) What are the Engineering courses offered at Bharath University?
The Faculty of Engineering and Technology offers 25 departments of Engineering courses at Bharath University. These are
- Aeronautical Engineering
- Automobile Engineering
- Aero Space Engineering
- Biomedical Engineerin
- Bioprocess Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Civil Infrastructure Engineering
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Computer Software and Engineering
- Computer Science with special information security
- Computer Science with Big Data Analytics
- Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Electronics & Control Engineering
- Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering
- Electronics & Tele. Communication Engineering
- Food Process Engineering
- Genetic Engineering
- Industrial Biotechnology
- Information Technology
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mechatronics Engineering
- Nano Technology.
22) What is the selection procedure for admissions to B.Tech programs in Bharath University?
The admissions are allotted to the candidates on the basis of the BEEE marks and that of qualifying examination in the order of merit. In case of two or more candidates scoring same marks in the entrance exam, the selection is made on the basis of their performance in the qualifying examination.
23) Is the B.Tech. Course offered by Bharath University approved by UGC?
Yes, the B. Tech. course offered by Bharath University is approved by UGC. The University is also recognized by Union Ministry of Human Resource Development.
24) Where are the campuses of Bharath University?
Bharath University has four campuses, three are located in Chennai and one is located in Puducherry. The University has ties with several corporate and academic institutions.The collaboration with the Industries provides live technical experience to the students through practical applications.
25) Which is the organizing body of Engineering courses of Bharath University?
The engineering faculty of Bharath University is known as Bharath Institute of Science and Technology (BIST). BIST was established in 1984 under the guidance of Sri Lakshmi Ammal Educational Trust and was recognized as a deemed university in 2003 by University Grants Commission (UGC).
26) Is there any scholarship scheme for B.Tech. through BEEE from Bharath University?
The Bharath University grants scholarships for its Engineering courses according to the eligilibility of the candidate:
- 100 % of tuition fee is granted as a scholarship to the state toppers of all the boards and to the first 25 ranks of the entrance exam BEEE. It is also given to the students having scored above 95% above marks in the board exams.
- The participants of National level / State level sports competition are also eligible for the 100% fee scholarship.
- 50% fee is granted as scholarship to school toppers and also to the top 26 to 50th rank holders of BEEE.
- The participants of District level / Zonal level sports competition are also eligible for the 50% fee scholarship.
- 25% fee is granted as scholarship to the top 51 to 75th rank holders of BEEE.
- IIT/JEE/AIEEE and state rank holders may also be granted scholarships on the basis of their ranks in respective exams.
27) Does the Bharath University offer Post Graduate Courses in Engineering?
Bharath University also offers Post Graduate courses in M.Tech., MBA and MCA programs. The admission is based on the basis of entrance exams. However, the candidates having a valid GATE score are exempted from entrance examination.
28) What are the engineering courses offered at Bharath University?
The engineering courses offered at Bharath University are Computer Science and Engineering, Civil engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering and Electrical and Electronics Engineering.
29) Does Bharath University offer integrated programs also?
Bharath University offers integrated programs like:
- Integrated B.Tech. + MBA, with duration of 5 years
- Integrated B.Tech. + M.Tech., with duration of % years.
- The University also offers integrated Ph.D/ M.S. programs by Research.
30) When are the counseling dates scheduled after qualifying BEEE?
After qualifying BEEE, the counseling is held mostly in the month of February.
31) Is the University involved in the training and placement of the candidates passing out of the University?
Bharath University makes sure that the candidate passing out of the University has a secured future. It has a separate Placement Division. The division provides:
- Industrial visits to have acquaintance with the working and corporate environment
- Counseling and Career Guidance- based on the department of the candidate
- Language skills and Training for the Interviews
- Arranges campus interviews from good and reputed firms across the nation.
32) Does Bharath University offer Hostel Accommodation?
Bharath University offers an adequate fully equipped and separate hostel facility for boys and girls within the campus.