How to Prepare
BHU-PET MBA 2016 Question Paper Format
BHU-PET MBA 2016 News and Updates
Banaras Hindu University (BHU) conducts Postgraduate Entrance Examination (PET) for the admission to Master of Business Administration (MBA) course. The details related to selection procedure and counselling process are given below. Selection Procedure: - The admission will be allocated ...Read more
BHU-PET MBA 2016
The Banaras Hindu University conducts Postgraduate Entrance Tests, called “BHU PET". The Banaras Hindu University invites applications every year from eligible candidates for admission in its new academic year during the month of May & 1st week of June for numerous Post Graduate courses offered at its campus and associated institutes and colleges. Admissions will be made according to merit in the PET, subject to fulfilling of eligibility requirements mentioned below and availability of seats in the particular course for which the candidate has applied for and appeared in the Entrance Test.
BHU-PET MBA 2016 Conducting Body
The Banaras Hindu University shall conduct Postgraduate Entrance Tests. Banaras Hindu University commonly referred to as- BHU; (formerly known as Central Hindu College) is a public central university located in Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh. Established in 1916 by Pandit Madan Mohan Malaviya. BHU is one of the largest residential universities in Asia, with over 20,000 students.
BHU-PET MBA Contact Details
|Address||Banaras Hindu University Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh 221005, India|
|Phone no||+91 542 236 8558|
|Mode||Pen & Paper|
BHU-PET MBA FAQ
1) BHU Postgraduate Entrance Test (PET) MBA is conducted by whom?
The Banaras Hindu University conducts Postgraduate Entrance Tests, called “BHU PET''. Admissions will be made according to merit in the PET, subject to fulfilling of eligibility requirements mentioned below and availability of seats in the particular course for which the candidate has applied for and appeared in the Entrance Test.
2) What are the various Eligibility Norms of BHU_PET (MBA) Programme?
Bachelor Degree in any discipline under at least (10+2+3) pattern OR Equivalent with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks.
3) What is the mode of conduction of BHU-PET (MBA) Exam?
Offline or Pen & Paper based exam.
4) Am I guaranteed a seat in a college with the BHU-PET score?
NO. BHU-PET is only one of the requirements in the admission process into a course. Student’s will have to adhere to all the prerequisite of the admission.
5) What are the specializations offered at BHU-PET (MBA) ?
BHU-PET offers following specialisation in
- Operations Management
- Information Technology (as specified in the prevailing ordinance governing the conduct of the Program)
6) How can I register for BHU-PET MBA examination?
- Candidates need to get the application form online to register themselves for BHU-PET MBA. Applicants must check the BHU-PET MBA Important Dates.
- Aspirants can register for the test till first week of March (without late fee). The form will be generated online only after BHU-PET Login ID and Password will be allotted to the candidate. While registering for the test, candidates are required to pay an application fee.
7) What is the fee to be paid for the form?
BHU_PET Registration Fee has following criteria that is:-
SC/ST: Rs. 250.00
Others: Rs. 500.00
8) When is it conducted ?
It is usually conducted in the month of MAY.
9) When will I get my Admit Card?
Admit card will be available for view and print in the Second week of MAY (onwards). You will have to log onto the BHU-PET website with your registered User ID. You will be eligible for an Admit Card only upon submission of online application form. You will receive an automated email confirmation upon successful submission from BHU Official website.
10) Do you have spot registration on the day of exam?
No, you cannot make a spot registration on the day of exam.
11) What happens if I do not receive the score card before the admission process in colleges?
The candidate can either show the photocopy of the application form or admit card to the college authorities to block the seat and produce the score card later.
12) Is the University MBA Programme recognized by UGC or by AICTE?
Banaras Hindu University, formerly known as Faculty of Management Studies(FMS, BHU), Varanasi, India is the Business School of Banaras Hindu University ('Best university of India on all parameters as per the India Today magazine dated 2 June 2010'). Established in 1968, it is among the earliest Management Schools in India. Since its establishment it has produced more than 4000 graduates. It is one of the oldest business schools in India and has a strong alumni network. It offers Master of Business Administration (MBA 2yrs), Master of Business Administration (International Business) (MBA (IB) - 2yrs) duly approved and certified by AICTE.
13) Which modes the payment can be done?
- Online payment through credit card/ debit card through the payment gateway available on the Entrance test portal.
- Payment of Entrance Test Fee in Cash through “Challan” in any branch of HDFC Bank: After filling up the application form, its submission and selecting this mode for payment, the candidate can print the Challan from the entrance test portal. The printout of challan will contain all necessary details of the candidate, bank account details of the Banaras Hindu University in which the entrance test fee will be deposited and the exact amount to be deposited. The candidate will be required to visit any branch of the HDFC Bank of his/her choice where he/she will be required to deposit the requisite Fee amount to the Bank.
14) Where will the exam centres be formed for the exam?
The test will be conducted in 8 cities. You can get the details in the exam pattern section.
15) What details will be mentioned in the Admit Card? .
The admit card will contain the following details:
- Name of the candidate
- Test date
- Test City & Centre address
- User ID / Registration Number
16) Could I Submission of Application Form through On line?
Yes, you can submit the Application Form online.
17) If I miss the test, can I take it up on another day without paying for the test?
No, you are not allowed.
18) If I miss the test on the scheduled date, will I be eligible for a refund?
No. you are not eligible for refund.
19) What will be the exam structure of BHU_PET (MBA) ?
There shall be one paper of 150 minutes duration carrying 450 marks containing 150 multiple choice questions divided into following three sections:
(i) Section – 1: Academic Aptitude:
- English Comprehension
- Usage, Grammar
- Completion and Correction of Sentences etc. (Weightage 30%)
(ii) Section – 2:
- Numerical and Quantitative Reasoning Ability on Computation Ability
- Quantitative Reasoning and Interpretation of Tables etc. (Weightage 30%)
(iii) Section – 3: General Knowledge –
- Foreign Trade
- Banking and Current Economic Affairs. (Weightage 40%)
20) What does the selection process comprises of?
Combined weightage for Group Discussion and Interview shall be 20% of the total marks of the written test, i.e., 90 marks. The number of the candidates, in order of the merit, to be called for interview and group discussion shall be decided by the Admission Committee.
21) When are BHU-PET MBA Results Out?
Results will be available on the website 1 week after taking the test.
22) What is maximum Age Eligibility Criteria ?
There is no upper or lower age limit.
23) Can I change my test centre?
No, you cannot change the test centre.
24) Will there be any negative marking?
- There shall be negative marking in entrance tests for all Courses of study in PET.
- One(1) mark shall be deducted for each incorrect answer.
- Unattempted question will be awarded zero mark.
25) Am I allowed to carry a calculator or mobile into the test venue?
No, you are not allowed to carry a calculator or mobile to the test venue.
26) What is the fee structure for the programs at BHU-PET (MBA) ?
INR 30765/- p.a
Rs. 28642/- (I/III Sem.)
INR 30765/- p.a
Rs. 2125/- (II/ IV Sem.)
INR 6700/- (Approx. p.a.)
Excluding mess charges
27) Is BHU-PET MBA Admission Test result based on ranking or percentile?
The result is based on ranking.
28) What will be the medium of examination?
Medium of examination is English.
29) What is the Reservation seats for SC/ST candidates?
Admissions are open to Indian Nationals. 15 % seats are reserved for scheduled caste (SC), 7.5% seats are reserved for scheduled tribe and 27% seats are reserved for other backward category candidates respectively on all India basis.
30) For how long is the BHU-PET MBA score valid?
The BHU-PET score is valid for just one year.