BHU PET M.A. in Mass Communication (BHU PET M.A. in Mass Communication - 2016)
How to Prepare
Make a proper Time Table
It is very important that you make a timetable and stick to it and you will have an exact idea of what you are required to study and the time required for it.
Concept clarity rather than rotes learning
It is essential that you have a clear idea of the formulas and concepts rather than rote learning of things for the papers. While you might require it for memorizing formulas it is important that for other stuff you make sure you clear your basics and concepts before moving on.
It is very important to make small notes or a comprehensive list of formulas on each covered topic and chapter which will come in handy at the time of revision. This will require you to be regular with your work but will surely make things easy at the time of revision.
It is not possible for you to know everything in your syllabus, at least not at the time of preparation. Sooner or later you will run into a concept or so which will give you trouble and then it is best you seek guidance from an instructor or a teacher. It is necessary that you clear your doubts at regular intervals and don’t prolong things for long. Getting into a good coaching class is nothing to be ashamed off and if anything a regular coaching class will enable you to avoid roadblocks in your preparation.
Even though there may be a complete change in the exam pattern or the expected questions altogether,it is important that you practice on the sample and previous years question papers. You will know the existing pattern and have a fair idea of the type of questions to expect in the paper along with the time constraint.
The paper pattern, duration of the paper and the number of questions to be attempted in the given amount of time is not something you will be able to pick up on the day of the examination. A Mock Test tests a student’s abilities as it not only provides a similar feel of real exams but also helps in building speed and confident to face the exam. Furthermore, they can improve their performance to get an extra edge in actual exams.
Time management can be learned through thorough practice and regular test taking. So it is important that you practice it and practice it well.
BHU PET M.A. in Mass Communication 2016 Question Paper Format
Correct Question Mark
BHU PET M.A. in Mass Communication 2016
The Banaras Hindu University conducts Postgraduate Entrance Tests BHU PET M.A. in Mass Communication for admission to M.A. in Mass Communication for the academic Session. Admissions will be made according to merit in the BHU-PET, subject to fulfilling of eligibility requirements mentioned and availability of seats in the particular Course for which the candidate has applied for and appeared in the Entrance Test.
BHU PET M.A. in Mass Communication 2016 Conducting Body
The Banaras Hindu University shall conduct Postgraduate Entrance Tests. Banaras Hindu University commonly referred to as- BHU (formerly known as Central Hindu College) is a public central university located in Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh Established in 1916 by Pandit Madan Mohan Malaviya .BHU is one of the largest residential universities in Asia, with over 20,000 students.
BHU PET M.A. in Mass Communication Contact Details
|Address||Banaras Hindu University Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh 221005, India|
|Phone no||+91 542 236 8558|
BHU PET M.A. in Mass Communication FAQ
1) Is it compulsory to do all the steps mentioned for applying online in a single sitting?
You should create the login details ie user-id and password in one sitting. The password will be sent to you by email. In the second stage you should login using the login details received in your email and then change your password.
Now in the next step you should re-login using the new password and fill the remaining part of the application in one sitting.
2) I forgot to note down my Registration number during the Candidate registration process. How can I get the Registration number?
Login to your home page. There you will get all details about your application.
3) I forgot my password. What is the procedure to retrieve the password?
Using the link ‘Forgot Your Password’ in online application, you can reset your password. User name, DOB, email-id, Security Question and answer to it should be provided for resetting the password.
4) I have successfully submitted the application and remitted the application fee. But I cannot download my Registration Confirmation Page.
Registration Confirmation Page will be available for download in your home page immediately after your application is approved. Please check your application status.
5) What is PET?
PET means ‘Postgraduate Entrance Test’. You can appear in PET after Graduation with 50% marks. for more eligibility criteria please read BHU PET Bulletin.
6) How Can i take admission in BHU?
You can take admission through an entrance test that is called UET/PET/RET/SET.
7) How can i apply for these tests?
Application procedure starts in February-March of every year. All application procedure is online now. so you have to fill up a online application form at official website to appear in these tests after availability of application form.
8) What is the mode of payment for application form for M.A in (Mass Communication) Banaras Hindu University (BHU)?
There are various mode of payment for application form for M. A in(Mass Communication) Banaras Hindu University (BHU). A student can pay by online using credit card/ debit card. If a student wants the application form and prospectus by Demand Draft in favor of "Banaras Hindu University" payable at any HDFC bank.
9) Is it compulsory to have an Email-ID and Mobile number?
Yes, Email-ID and mobile number are mandatory for all candidates. Active Email-ID and mobile number of parents can also be used.
10) I want to know basic things about BHU?
You Want to know about BHU? just click on these following links:
- Banaras Hindu University
- Take a tour: Videos.
11) I am not able to upload the photo. What is the reason?
Photo to be uploaded should have the specified dimensions and size. Upload your recent passport size (color) photograph (132 x 170 pixels with the file size between 4 KB and 100 KB) and signature (132 x 57 pixels with file size between 1 KB and 30 KB). Refer the link "Uploading Photo & Sign" in the Application Portal.
12) Shall I send the confirmation page to the University?
No. You need not send any document to the University unless otherwise specifically mentioned in your application status page.
13) What are the eligibility criteria for appearing in BHU PET -M.A(Mass Communication)?
Graduate Degree in any discipline under at least 10+2+3 pattern securing a minimum of 50% marks in the aggregate including all subjects studied at Graduate level except those subjects where only pass marks are required and which do not contribute to the total in the final (degree) marksheet.
Post-graduate Degree in any subject securing a minimum of 50% marks in the aggregate, both at Graduate and Post-Graduate levels.
14) How to obtain the Admit card after registering for BHU PET ?
After registering for BHU PET , the Admit card may be downloaded from the official website of the university .
15) Whether the final year students of Bachelor degree can apply?
Provisional Admission may be given subject to successful completion of the Bachelor degree examination obtaining minimum 50% marks.
16) What is the minimum marks should I get both in the Graduation and in entrance exam to avail a seat in BHU?
The candidate should have obtained a minimum of aggregate 50% marks in Graduation. He/she should have a required rank in the entrance test.
17) If I complete my exam before two hours, can I leave early?
No. even if you complete the exam before the scheduled end time, you will not be allowed to leave the exam hall. You are allowed to leave the exam only after the scheduled two hours of exam are over. You cannot leave in between the exam even if you finish the exam early.
18) For how long is the BHU-PET score valid?
The BHU-PET score is valid for just one year.
19) How many seats are available in M.A. in (Mass Communication) in the Banaras Hindu University?
The seats available for M.A. in (Mass Communication) course in the Banaras Hindu University is 38.
20) Is hostel facility available for students?
Yes,The institution has Two Hostels for Boys and almost all Girls are accommodated in different Girls Hostels available in the University.
21) I am unable to travel for my counselling. What do I do?
No problem, we understand there might be extenuating circumstances that prevent your travel. Your admission formalities can be done by an authorized representative carrying proper authorization documents, like your parents or even a friend.
Please remember, fees and original documents are required for completing admission formalities.
22) Is the mess fee included in the hostel fees?
Yes, the mess charges as well as the laundry charges are included in the fee.
23) Which resources are available in BHU library?
Apart from regular text books, journals, law repoters, etc; our institute has also subscribed on-line legal debates like Manu patra and the laws.
24) Do my parents need to accompany me when I come for counselling?
No, it is not mandatory for your parents to be come with you.
25) When do I need to pay admission / tuition fee?
The first year fees is paid on the day of counselling/admission. Subsequent fees must be paid on the dates that will be notified through official website.
26) I have submitted my original documents at the time of counselling at the other college. What should I do now?
You should give us an acknowledgement for the deposition of original documents at other institution.
27) What are the documents to be submitted at the time of admission?
All the necessary documents mentioned below:-
- Transfer Certificate.
- Migration Certificate, if passed from a university other than BHU (To be submitted not later than 90 days of admission).
- High School Certificate/equivalent Certificate.
- Intermediate (+2) Certificate/equivalent Certificate.
- Mark sheets of High School/equivalent & Intermediate (+2)/equivalent.
- Mark sheet of the Qualifying Examination.
- PET Admit Card issued from the office of the Controller of Examinations, BHU.
- SC/ST/OBC Certificate on the basis of which reserved quota seat is claimed.
- Certificate(s) in support of claim for 'Sports Seats'.
- Certificate of being the son/daughter of a permanent in-service employee/Retired/Reemployed/ Deceased employee of BHU in the prescribed format issued by the Central Registry.
How to Apply
the most popular courses across India, at one place
Create a free Profile now.
the most popular exams across India, at one place