How to Prepare
BIT Mesra - BHMCT 2016 Question Paper Format
BIT Mesra - BHMCT 2016
The admissions to the 4 Year Bachelor of Hotel Management & Catering Technology (BHMCT) programmes at Department of Hotel Management and Catering Technology of Birla Institute of Technology are primarily through BIT Mesra Hotel Management Entrance Exam - BHMCT. The online test is carried out by the BIT University situated at Mesra, Ranchi. Applications are invited from eligible Class XII / Intermediate pass-out candidates aspiring for admission to BHMCT programme for the current session.
BIT Mesra - BHMCT 2016 Conducting Body
BIT Mesra Hotel Management Entrance Exam--Bachelor of Hotel Management (BHM) conducted by Birla institute of technology. For over six decades, BIT Mesra (located 16 kms from Ranchi, the Jharkhand state- capital) has been engaged in nurturing minds through a rich heritage of academic excellence. Essentially a hub of bustling student activities, the beautiful campus has been a second-home to thousands of students in their journey to challenge the times. Established in 1955 by visionary-industrialist Mr. B.M. Birla, it is today one of the most premier engineering destinations in India.
BIT Mesra - BHMCT Contact Details
|Address||BIT Mesra Campus Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra Ranchi, Jharkhand 835215|
|Phone no||+91 651 2275444/2275896|
|Mode||Both Online and Pen & Paper|
BIT Mesra - BHMCT FAQ
1) Where is the University located?
BIT Mesra, Ranchi is located 16 kms from Ranchi railway station. Essentially a hub of bustling student activities, the beautiful campus has been a second-home to thousands of students in their journey to challenge the times.
Established in 1955 by the visionary-industrialist Mr. B.M. Birla, it is today one of the most premier destinations for education in India.
2) What are the various courses offered by Birla Institute of Technology ?
In order to view the complete list of the courses being offered by Birla Institute of Technology at Mesra and its Off Campuses located in India.
3) What is the criteria of selection?
An Entrance Exam is conducted for eligible candidates. Selection is based on the performance of candidate in Entrance Examination.
4) Whether courses are being accredited ?
All courses are either accredited or applied for.
5) How do I apply
Candidates can fill up the online application form available at website of the Institute normally in March / April every year.
6) I have completed the online application. But, I have not taken a print out. How can I get a print out now?
You can go to the applying online page again and enter the personal details AND the application number. You will be taken to the printout page again.
7) I have made a mistake while entering some data in my application form. How can I edit/ correct it?
The link for editing the application form will be made available on the website in the first week of March and then you can edit the required fields.
8) I have not registered for BIT Mesra. Can I apply for admissions?
Unfortunately No. The last date for registering for BIT Mesra was first week of March . Except for first rank students of central/state boards in India, those who have not appeared in BIT Mesra cannot be considered now.
9) How to obtain the Admit card after registering for BIT Mesra?
After registering for BIT Mesra, the Admit card may be downloaded from the official website of the university .
10) What is the basic qualification required to take admission in BHMCT program?
Candidate should have passed 10+2 in any stream with 45% marks (40% in case of SC/ST) with English as one of the subject.
11) Is there any option of lateral entry in BHMCT program?
No, at present we are not providing any lateral entry and students have to enrol themselves in Ist semester only.
12) Is there any Exit option after Three Year?
No, University does not provide any exit option for this course.
13) I have a compartment/ supplementary/ER in my qualifying exam and the result of the same is still awaited. Am I eligible for admission?
The candidates, who have compartment/supplementary/E.R./Failed or they have applied for improvement of marks in any year duration of course/programme and result of the same has not been declared by the respective University/ Boards are eligible to take admission in any Course/Programme at this University for this session.
14) Can a student from science (PCB / PCM) apply for this course?
Yes, any student who has passed his/her class 12th in any stream (humanities / commerce / science / social science, etc) is eligible to take admission in this course.
15) My class 12 result is still awaited. Can I sit for the entrance test?
Yes, if your result is awaited you can still apply for this course and sit for the entrance test. However you will have to produce your passing certificate at the time of admission and if you fulfill the prescribed eligibility you can take admission to the course.
16) For how long is the BIT Mesra - BHMCT score valid?
The BIT Mesra - BHMCT score is valid for just one year.
17) Is there any PG program in Hotel Management?
No, at present University does not offer any PG program.
18) Is the Degree course approved by AICTE?
Yes, The Four year Degree course (BHMCT) is recognized by All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE).
19) What kind of scholarships are available in BIT ?
GP Birla BIT Scholarship worth nearly 2.25 crores are available for meritorious student of BIT.
20) How many seats are there in the course?
Presently, there are 40 seats in the course.
21) Does department assist in Industrial Training?
Yes, department ensures Industrial Training of students in various reputed properties of India.
22) Does University help in placement?
Yes, University provides assistance in placement to the students.
23) What are the organisation in which students have been placed so far?
Students have been placed in various reputed organisations like Taj, Oberoi, Park, Leela, Lalit, ITC, Dominos, Lemon Tree, Mainland China, Club Mahindra to name a few.
24) Is there hostel facility for Boys and Girls?
Yes, the campus is fully residential and it is compulsory for the boys and girls to stay in the campus only.
25) What are the facilities available at BIT Mesra?
- Central Library
- G.P. Birla Auditorium
- Training & Placement Cell
- Health Centre
- Consumer Cooperative
- Boys & Girls Hostels
- Sport Ground with indoor games facilities
- Transport facility
- Club and Society
- ATM (SBI, ICICI & UCO)
- Bank – SBI and UCO
- Post Office
- Railway Reservation Counter and many more.
26) Is financial assistance available to students?
Yes, students may apply for bank loans as this course is a recognized course. If you are eligible as per Government scholarship norms, you are also entitled for a Scholarship claim.
27) Where are the career opportunities in hospitality and service sector at large?
Job opportunities are available in Hotel/Restaurant/Clubs/Cruise Line/Airlines/ Retail /BPO/Call centres/Hospital/Financial Institutions/MNC's etc.