Christ University entrance exam-B.Com(Hons.) (Christ University entrance exam-B.Com(Hons.) - 2017)
How to Prepare
Make a proper Schedule of studies
It is very important that you make a schedule of studies and stick to it and you will have an exact idea of what you are required to study and the time required for it.
Focus on Concept clarity
It is essential that you have a clear idea of the concepts and formulae rather than rote learning of things for the papers. While you might require it for memorizing formulas it is important that for other stuff you make sure you clear your basics and concepts before moving on.
Arm yourself with relevant Notes
It is very important to make small notes or a comprehensive list of formulas on each covered topic and chapter which will come in handy at the time of revision. This will require you to be regular with your work but will surely make things easy at the time of revision.
Go to a mentor and seek guidance
It is not possible for you to know everything in your syllabus, at least not at the time of preparation. Sooner or later you will run into a concept or so which will give you trouble and then it is best you seek guidance from an instructor or a teacher. It is necessary that you clear your doubts at regular intervals and don’t prolong things for long. Getting into a good coaching class is nothing to be ashamed of and if anything a regular coaching class will enable you to avoid roadblocks in your preparation.
Keep piles of Sample Papers
Even though there may be a complete change in the exam pattern or the expected questions altogether, it is important that you practice on the sample and previous years question papers available for the engineering exam you’d be attempting. You will know the existing pattern and have a fair idea of the type of questions to expect in the paper along with the time constraint.
Write Mock tests
The paper pattern, duration of the paper and the number of questions to be attempted in the given amount of time is not something you will be able to pick up on the day of the examination. A Mock Test tests a student’s abilities as it not only provides a similar feel of real exams but also helps in building speed and confident to face the exam. Furthermore, they can improve their performance to get an extra edge in actual exams. Try to build up an Entrance Exam Test Prep MCQ Question Bank
Beat the Ticking Demon
Every exam calls for answering a maximum number of questions within a stipulated time. Hence, time management is very important. It can be mastered through thorough practice and regular test taking. So it is important that you practice it and practice it well.
Most the entrance examinations will have negative marking and everyone would suggest you stay clear of questions are not sure about. But some experts are of the opinion that you answer the questions in which you are confused between an option or two because there will also be a chance of getting it right.
|Step 1||Create login id|
|Step 2||Completing the Form|
|Step 3||Upload Documents|
Christ University entrance exam-B.Com(Hons.) 2017 Question Paper Format
Correct Question Mark
Christ University entrance exam-B.Com(Hons.) 2017
Christ University B.Com(Hons.) Entrance Exam is conducted for interested candidates and the Christ University is functioning in Bangalore even from the year of 1969. Christ University invites applications every year from eligible candidates for admission in its new academic year during the month of January for numerous Under Graduate courses offered at its campus and associated institutes and colleges. The curriculum designed by CU is such that it provides students the best of opportunities and a launching pad for careers.
Christ University entrance exam-B.Com(Hons.) 2017 Conducting Body
Christ University conducted Christ University entrance exam. Christ University, formerly Christ College, was an Autonomous institution since 2005. Christ College was reaccredited with an A+ by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) for quality education in 2005. It has also been recognized by the University Grants Commission (UGC) as an institution with "Potential for Excellence". Christ University is secular in its outlook and welcomes students from all castes, religions, creed and languages to be a part of the Christite family.
Christ University entrance exam-B.Com(Hons.) Contact Details
|Address||Christ University, Hosur Road, Bangalore - 560029, Karnataka, India|
|Phone no||+91 8040129100, +91 8040129600|
Christ University entrance exam-B.Com(Hons.) FAQ
1) Why do I need a unique ID?
The ID will enable the candidate to apply for more than one programme if necessary.
2) When I try to apply I always get the message ‘session expired’?
Please ensure that you are using a stand - alone system and not your smart phone/android. Also use Mozilla as your browser.
3) I am writing the Boards this summer, but the application states that I must enter class XII results. How can I apply?
- The application states that you may enter class XI marks which is conducted by your school/college and use your school roll number for ‘previous exam registration number’
- My University/Board provides only grades/CGPA
- All grades/CGPA must be converted into an equivalent score out of 100 without the use of decimals. The CBSE grade pint has to be converted into percentage by using the approved CBSE grade conversion formula.
4) When will applications open for the academic year?
Applications open for B.Com(Hons) Session in December, all UG programmes each year.
5) Where will I find all relevant information pertaining to admissions?
Admission details such as programmes offered, application guidelines, admission process, eligibility, selection process, fee structure, important dates, application forms, syllabus, etc. are available under Related Links when on the programme of your choice or under the Admissions link on official website of Christ University.
6) How will I know if my application has reached the Office as I have to make travel arrangements?
All applications will be verified in the office against the photocopies submitted. Only after the verification is completed, the status of the application will be updated to ‘received’. This must be checked on online application status on the website Christ University. The official admit card to participate in the selection process will be uploaded only 5 days before the selection process. All travel arrangements must be made according to the date opted while filling the application/important date’s section provided for the programme on our website.
7) I want to apply for B.Com(Hons) ?
Applications are available online & Direct Mode in the Office of Admissions. Candidates may enter the data prior to the declaration of results and ‘save’ the information.
8) How do I know when my selection process is scheduled?
For all programmes that do not have an entrance test, the candidate will opt for the date from the list of offered dates while filling the application.
9) Can I apply for more than one programme in the same application?
It is not possible to apply for more than one programme in the same application form. However, for certain programmes while filling the application 2nd and 3rd preference option will be available. The candidate may enter the preferences from the options available in the drop down. The candidate cannot manually enter her/his preferences on the application printout.
10) I always receive the message of ‘invalid phone number’ while filling the application.
It is advised not to use + while entering the country code for any number.
11) I paid the money for the application process but my status is showing as incomplete.
After payment if you do not receive the 8 digit application number, then your application process is incomplete and will go in for refund process. The refund will take about 15 days and must be checked with your bank.
12) How do I know what is the eligibility criteria for B.Com(Hons.)programme?
- Basic eligibility for the programme is a pass at the +2 level (Karnataka PUC / ISC / CBSE / NIOS / State Boards) with not less than 60% from any recognised Board in India. Students pursuing International curriculum must have AIU approval and must obtain a grade of not less than 'C' or its equivalent.
- Candidates writing the +2 examinations in March-May 2017 may apply with their class X and XI marks.
13) If I get my class 12 paper re-checked; how can I take admission? Will it affect my chances?
Certainly not! Provided that the revised marks meet the desired cutoff and would be available before admission closes. You need to fill the appropriate marks in the application Form result section (Result awaited).
14) Does the college consider marks out off Best of 4 or Best of 5 subjects?
No, The aggregate marks obtained for all subjects will be considered for the purposes of admission.
15) What is the age limit for a student who wishes to apply for B.Com. Honours?
No,there is no age limit.
16) Whether the student completing XII Science or Arts can get admission in B.Com.
Yes, Student of any Stream can take admission to B. Com. after completing his/her qualifying or XII std.(Karnataka PUC / ISC / CBSE / NIOS / State Boards) with not less than 60% from any recognised Board in India. Students pursuing International curriculum must have AIU approval and must obtain a grade of not less than 'C' or its equivalent.
17) For how long is the Christ University entrance exam-B.Com(Hons.) score valid?
The Christ University entrance exam BHM score is valid for just one year.
18) When will the results of the selection process be declared?
If the important date section for the programme does not state when the results will be declared, then the same will be declared within 48 hours of completion of the process and the offer of admission will be valid for 3-5 working days.
19) What is the cancellation policy of the University?
The cancellation policy of the institution is based on the F.No 1-3/2016(CPPP-I) DU) UGC notification 11th, July . Cancellation must be processed in person by presenting all the original documents received from the institution while processing admission.
20) What's the uniform of students in Christ University for girls?
Being a Christ student myself, girls have to wear traditional Indian attire like salwar kameez and churidaars. Some Departments may be a bit lenient and allow leggings but most aren't.
21) Is law a safe career options for Girls?
Absolutely. Infact it is pretty interesting to note that over the years a large number of law schools are reporting their majority of students as girls. A safe residential environment and the opening up of numerous legal career options has made this a great option for girls.
22) Are their reservations in NLUs?
Yes. Being Government institutions there are reservations in different National Law Universities. All NLUs have reservations for SCs and STs. Most have them for OBCs. Fewer have regional quotas and some also have reservations for women, wards of defence personnel and even NRI sponsored Candidates.
23) When do I have to pay the non-refundable admission registration fee of Rs. 5000?
The admission registration fee is to be paid along with the programme fee for the first year only if selected and processing admission.
24) How much do I have to pay at the time of processing admission?
Fees for first year along with admission registration fee must be paid in full while processing admission.
25) I want to pay my fees through a Bank Loan?
Loan application is issued on request only when the student presents the first year fee paid receipt to the office. The applying and processing of loan is the student's responsibility. When the loan is sanctioned and if it is sanctioned in the name of the institution the student will have to submit the cheque/DD to the Office of Accounts who will reimburse the amount in the student’s name.
26) I do not want to open the Bank account?
It is mandatory for all students to have a student account in South Indian Bank. All further payments such as open elective payment, annual fee payment in subsequent years, etc will be only through the student account. The student will receive a smart card that can also be used as a debit card. The account must be opened while processing admission.
How to Apply
the most popular courses across India, at one place
Create a free Profile now.
the most popular exams across India, at one place