Aligarh Muslim University Competitive Entrance Exam for Management (AMU MBA - 2017)
Jan 15, 2017
May 01, 2017
May 07, 2017
Jun 19, 2017
AMU MBA 2017 - Counselling Updates
Aligarh Muslim University (AMU) conducts the Admission Test Aligarh Muslim University (AMU) Competitive Entrance Exam for(Master of Business Adminisration) MBA programme. Here is the detailed information about the selection procedure and counselling process.
Selection Procedure: -
The selection will be recommended strictly on the basis of merit of eligible candidates determined by the rank obtained in the entrance examination.
- No separate intimation letters will be sent to the candidates short-listed for interview/ selected/counselling for admission. The lists of candidates shortlisted for Interview/G.D./Counselling and the lists of those selected/counselling for admission will be displayed on the Notice Boards of the concerned Faculty/ College/Centre/Proctor’s Office/Controller’s website.
- The dates notified for Interview / G.D. / Counselling/Admission shall strictly be followed. It is the responsibility of the candidates to keep themselves informed from Notice Board(s)/ website or through their own sources whether your name appear in the displayed lists and thereby make timely arrangements to appear for Interview/G.D./Counselling or for completing the admission, as the case may be.
- The University shall not be responsible if you fails to get information regarding your shortlisting for Interview/G.D./Counselling or selection for admission.
- The University may issue or display `Waiting List/Chance Memo List’ in addition to the list of selected candidates. Chance Memo is not an offer of admission but is issued only in case there is likelihood of a vacancy due to any reason. Waiting List/Chance Memo list, if any, shall be displayed on the notice boards of the concerned Faculty / College / Centre / Proctor’s Office / Controller’s website.
- It is the responsibility of you to keep track of all such notices. No separate intimation letters will be sent to you offered Chance Memos.
- Any seat that remains unfilled after the completion of admissions of candidates on the select list shall be filled up by you who had reported with reference to your Chance Memo on the specified date and time as per the Chance Memo list, if any, strictly in order of Chance Memo Number. However, if such a vacancy arises after the closing date of admissions, the vacancy shall not be filled up and the same shall remain unfilled.
- No correspondence shall be made to candidates not selected for admission and the documents / certificates shall not be returned. Similarly Test Fees/Processing Charges shall not be refunded.
- Selected Students shall be allotted Course/ Branch/ Main Subject/ Stream/ Specialization on merit as per their preference indicated in the Application Form.
- A Student who has been selected for a higher preference will have no claim for lower preferences.
- The University reserves the right to allot Course/ Branch / Main Subject/ Stream/ Specialization to selected candidates over and above the preferences as indicated in their Application Form in the order of preference decided by the University.
- Selected candidates shall not be allowed to complete admission formalities in absentia. You not reporting for admission on the stipulated date and time, shall forfeit your claim for admission. The offer of admission shall stand cancelled and no correspondence in this regard shall be entertained.
- No Student shall be admitted unless he/she has completed all the eligibility requirements at the time of admission.
- Student awaiting results of their Supplementary / Compartmental / Improvement examination shall not be considered for admission.
- No Student shall be allowed to take admission to the same Course / Class (or its equivalent Course) which he/she has passed earlier.
- You are required to produce the original Marksheets/Certificates, including the statement of marks of the qualifying examination with the requisite percentage of marks at the time of reporting for admission/counselling, failing which you shall not be allowed to complete the admission, and the offer of admission shall stand cancelled and no further correspondence in the matter shall be entertained. Marksheet/Gradesheet/Certificates downloaded from the Internet shall not be accepted at the time of admission.
- It is mandatory you have to deposit the Original Marksheet of qualifying examination in the Office of theDean/Principal/Coordinator/ Chairman concerned at the time of admission. The said Marksheets shall be returned to the respective Students only after one months from the date of closure of all University admissions.
- The Students who do not possess the marksheet/gradesheet of qualifying examination on account of
- its non-issuance by the concerned Board/University, or,
- result of qualifying examination not declared formally, may be considered for provisional admission to the course concerned provided their Statement of Marks detailing the marks / grade obtained in each subject separately including total aggregate marks and percentage in a Confidential Sealed Cover on official stationary are received directly from the issuing authority of the concerned University / Board / Institution in the name of Controller of Examinations, AMU for its approval atleast one (01) day before the date of admission. The one day period will be counted excluding the day of admission.
- If any error/omission in the processing/verification of certificates /documents of your is detected after the you are admitted to a course in the University, the University has the right to cancel such admission at any stage at which the error/ omission is detect
- If it is found, at any stage, that you are:-
- do not fulfil the eligibility requirements
- have used fraudulent means to secure admission
- have made false or incorrect statement(s) in the application form
- have not signed/marked thumb impression on the application form or somebody else has done so on your behalf. You shall not be allowed to complete the admission formalities, or in case already admitted, Your admission shall be cancelled, ipso facto.
- In case of cancellation of admission by you, after the closing date of admissions, the admission charges/fee of any kind paid by him/her will not be refunded.
- Any dispute with regard to any matter relating to admission in the University and its Centres shall be subject to the jurisdiction of Local Courts at Aligarh and High Court of Judicature at Allahabad, Uttar Pradesh only.
AMU MBA Counselling FAQ
1) What are the Courses/specializations offered at AMU ?
AMU offers following Major Courses/ Specializations*:
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- PG Diploma in Islamic Banking and Finance
- PG Diploma in Marketing Management
- Master of Business Administration (International Business)
- PG Diploma in Personnel Management
2) What should be the duration of study needed to get surely selected. Is self preparation enough or does one need extra classes, to clear the exam?
It is a common sight of many students joining coaching centers. More than the time spent in preparing, one has to put in quality effort to get sure shot success. At the same time, self preparation is much sufficient but that doesn't mean going to the extra classes is wrong. It is always good to attend coaching classes where the students are provided with materials, question papers, mock tests, etc. All these enhance the overall speed and helps in time management. For any entrance exam, steady preparation for a year along with sound classroom knowledge is more than sufficient to clear the exam.
3) What does the selection process comprises of?
AMU MBA Selection Procedure
Through Admission Test. Admission shall be offered through Counselling. The Total Merit will have the following components :
- Written Test : 200 Marks
- Interview / Aptitude Assessment / Group Discussion : 50 Marks
Note : Candidates shall be called for Interview / Aptitude Assessment / Group Discussion on the basis of the performance in the written test. For the candidates who qualify written test, physical presence in the Interview / Aptitude Assessment / Group Discussion is compulsory to become eligible for selection.
4) If I do not get selected, will all my efforts go in vain?
"Success is the sum of small efforts put in day in and day out". Therefore, if one does not clear AMU Exam, all the efforts that they have put in for years will definitely not go in vain as it will bring fruits at the right time and at the right place, in the future.
5) Is there caste-wise cutoff marks in AMU Exam?
No.There is no caste-wise cutoff marks in AMU like other competitive examinations. Cutoff is only based on the marks scored in the exam and the ranking thus obtained. The 12th board examination marks are also considered. Apart from this, there are no other criteria under which the cutoff marks are derived.
6) What about Placement facilities in Aligarh Muslim University?
The AMU TPO (Training and Placement Office) undertakes and supervises AMU MBA placements. Some of the companies that have visited in the past are Siemens India Limited, TCS, Accenture, L & T, Sterlite Industries, NEC, HCL, Erudite Engineer Pvt. Ltd., Computer Science Corporation, NDPL, TCL, Hughes Systiques India Pvt. Ltd., Boodai Trading Corporation, TCE, Volvo India, Alstom Project India Limited, Lurgi India Co. Pvt. Ltd., Secure Meters Ltd., Tractebel India Limited, Saipem Triune, Voltas Limited, Tega Industries Ltd., Sasken Communications, Adobe India Limited, DRDO, Tejas Networks Limited.
the most popular courses across India, at one place
Create a free Profile now.
the most popular exams across India, at one place