Nov 02, 2015
Apr 17, 2016
May 03, 2016
AEEE- B.Tech Counselling FAQ
1) When is the Counseling for AEEE conducted?
The counseling for AEEE is conducted generally in the month of May after the declaration of results.
2) What are the B.Tech programs offered at Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham?
The Engineering courses offered at Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham are
- Civil Engineering,
- Aerospace Engineering,
- Computer Science & Engineering,
- Mechanical Engineering,
- Electrical & Electronics Engineering,
- Electronics & Communication Engineering,
- Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering.
3) After admission, if one wants to withdraw from the programme, what about the refund of fees?
Refund will be given as per the regulations of the University.
4) How is the accrediation status of Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham?
Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham is a University established under sec 3 of UGC Act 1956. The University is recognized by UGC and Ministry of HRD, Govt. of India. The University is accredited with the highest rating of “A” grade by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) in 2009 and Re-accredited with the highest rating of “A” Grade by NAAC 2014. The HRD Ministry’s Panel Report (2010) on Deemed Universities has graded Amrita in Category-I.
5) Is there any scholarship scheme for B.Tech. through AEEE from Amrita University?
Nearly 15% of the top ranked candidates who pass the qualifying examination from Tamil Nadu, Kerala and Karnataka are provided Scholarships. Scholarship is awarded to almost 300 students and is distributed branch wise.
6) How is the Engineering branch allotted to the candidate in the counseling?
Engineering branch is allotted to the candidate in the counseling according to the choice of the candidate as per the availability of seats at the time of the candidate’s counseling.
7) Is campus transfer possible after joining the B.Tech. programme in anyone of the Amrita campuses?
No. There is no provision for campus transfer.
8) What is faculty student ratio for the engineering programmes?
1 : 12 approximately ratio for the engineering programmes.
9) How do I know the date of my counselling?
Counselling schedule will be published in the University website along with the rank list. Candidates shall find from the website their date and time of counselling.
10) At the time of counselling, is the presence of candidate compulsory?
Yes, the candidate along with his / her parent or guardian shall be present at the counselling desk.
11) At the time of counselling, is it enough to produce Photostat copies of the certificates?
Sorry. Original certificates are to be produced (See Section 11.1, Item (6) in Information Handbook) at the time of counselling.
12) Is Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham affiliated to any University for purpose of recognition of degrees?
No. Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham is a University established under sec 3 of UGC Act 1956. Being a University, the question of affiliation to another university does not arise. Since the university is recognized by UGC and Ministry of HRD, Govt. of India, the courses offered by Amrita University are recognized. The University is accredited by National Assessment and Accreditation Council ( NAAC ) with ‘A’ Grade in 2009 and 2014. The HRD Ministry’s Panel Report (2010) on Deemed Universities has graded Amrita in Category ‘A’.
13) Which is the organizing body of Amrita University?
The Amrita University is a multi disciplinary research University and spread over its five campuses in states Kerala, Tamilnadu and Karnataka. The University is organized by Mata Amritanandmayi Math. Mata Amritanandmayi Math is an international organization founded by Mata Amritanandmayi Devi in 1981. The Math is involved in different charitable efforts that include caring for poor people, Disaster relief and Scholarship programs for poor students etc.
14) How many students are presently studying in the University?
At present around 15,000 students are studying in the five campuses of the University in Engineering, Medicine, Pharmacy, Management, Social work, Communication and so on.